Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

will change later

while weaker spells are weaker than sky, stronger spells are stronger than Sky

Fantastic... So my mages are on the backburner till later. That doesnt make me happy, Shrimpy! 

Is it strange that im not a fan of the whole "balanced around low numbers" thing? 

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Another happy birthday for you @Armagon!🎂

21 is the last of those magical years where new things open up to you in life. From here on out it's plain old aging without any perks and incrementally increasing pains until you're like 60 and start getting senior discounts everywhere. Enjoy the remaining years of maturity with some of the fires of youth while they last.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, and I gotta go to the dentist in a couple hours. That's fun.

For me's never not a judgement day, wherein the anxiety and guilt of me possibly screwing up fill my body until it's over and I'm given the all-ok. It gets into my mind to the point that I keep track of how much time they scrape the buildup off every tooth to assess how poorly I've done and where.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

If i remember correctly, focusing to much attention to defence actually hurts you here. Using Rav-Rav helps alot to buid the chain meter up quickly.

Also i believe you can use Aegisol, fortisol, and the like on boss fights, right?

Edit: I'm gonna take that as a sign that you still don't find the battle system that great. XD

I was so furious about the fight I went back to it when it was getting close to midnight where I am and won on my 6th or 7th try. Potions with the doubled healing accessory used at just the right time between attacks in a few lucky cases kept me alive. Eidolons in battle... I don't think I understand effective use of them yet. Though I ponder what inspired them to make all Eidolons rideable in this game.

And overall, the focus on macromanagement to the combat is fine. XII and XIII agree on automating battles to a large extent, and while XII gives more customization with Gambits, they're also micromanagement, which could for some be tedious. I can understand why someone might prefer Gambits to Paradigms or vice versa. In my case, Paradigms are better. I've had a few Game Overs outside of the Eidolons, but it's mostly the two Eidolons which have given me trouble. 

I've never used a -sol once so far, money seems tight since enemies don't drop it and the components I'd sell are also used for upgrading equipment. But I'll have to test that next time.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

So it's July 23rd.

I am now 21 years old!

wmwcckpyqsp0lmugq40d.gif

Happy birthday!

Got myself a little something to celebrate right now

E69FmZhVIAQAVo6?format=jpg&name=large

Nice!

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not yet over here, but... Happy Birthday! Fellow July'er, huh.

Late happy birthday to you too!

Screenshot_20210723-012225.png?width=281

Does that person know you can do those quests later? I’m pretty sure they’re impossible with [NPC] in your party.

7 hours ago, Maof06 said:

This... is not reassuring...

Don’t worry about it, I’m pretty sure what they’re trying to do is impossible. You can just wait until the NPC leaves your party, otherwise the monsters can just destroy the NPC with their movement.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Didn't really like it. Then I played Beard Blade and I loved it because I got to weaponize my beard.

Wasn’t that an Armagon recommendation?

Then Observer mentioned an old RPG where you can craft spells by stringing words together. The potential for dumb jokes is too much to resist, so I'll be starting it today.

Wouldn’t it have to be specific, programmed in words to trigger spells?

Oh, and I gotta go to the dentist in a couple hours. That's fun.

F

Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys!

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And what do I think of it?
Well... Atelier Sophie, Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World, and Fate/Extra (kinda, in this game's case) are all considered to be not great, even black sheep of their respective series, but I enjoyed them all, so to almost no surprise, this game that was so badly received it almost killed its own franchise (alongside internal problems at Falcom at the time, afaik) is one that I actually enjoyed playing.

So what you're saying is that you'll be one of the few people that genuinely enjoys Metroid: Other M.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Magic is way too weak.

Everyone swears on their life that magic in the Crossbell games is based but i found it relatively weak on both of my playthroughs.

I wasn't even limiting myself to weak spells either, i upgraded the Orbments and Quartz and i still would've rather gone physical. 

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

21 is the last of those magical years where new things open up to you in life.

Yeah 21 is like the last big milestone, isn't it? Well, in America anyways, in other countries, it can be 20.

But i'll be making the most of it. 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Does that person know you can do those quests later? I’m pretty sure they’re impossible with [NPC] in your party.

One of his main gripes with Sky FC is that if you so much as inch the plot along, like 6 different quests will just lock out.

And he likes doing as much as he can so he's probably getting these done now and not risk them locking out later. Because while SC isn't as bad as FC in this regard, it's still pretty bad.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

One of his main gripes with Sky FC is that if you so much as inch the plot along, like 6 different quests will just lock out.

And he likes doing as much as he can so he's probably getting these done now and not risk them locking out later. Because while SC isn't as bad as FC in this regard, it's still pretty bad.

But the game tells you by giving you short term, medium term and long term when you start quests. The monster quests are long term, so they should know they have time.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

between attacks in a few lucky cases kept me alive. Eidolons in battle... I don't think I understand effective use of them yet. Though I ponder what inspired them to make all Eidolons rideable in this game.

I can say in the case of Odin... There is none. You summon Odin, battles are gonna take 3X as long, haha! 

Jokes aside, summons are mostly used for escaping doom and for a second lease on life since they revive you upon death.

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And overall, the focus on macromanagement to the combat is fine. XII and XIII agree on automating battles to a large extent, and while XII gives more customization with Gambits, they're also micromanagement, which could for some be tedious. I can understand why someone might prefer Gambits to Paradigms or vice versa. In my case, Paradigms are better. I've had a few Game Overs outside of the Eidolons, but it's mostly the two Eidolons which have given me trouble. 

Well... That doesnt mean you think its great. XD

I personally think XIII is superior in every gameplay aspect, ofc 

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For me's never not a judgement day, wherein the anxiety and guilt of me possibly screwing up fill my body until it's over and I'm given the all-ok. It gets into my mind to the point that I keep track of how much time they scrape the buildup off every tooth to assess how poorly I've done and where.

Oof...

Well, in my case, it went well. They confirmed what we already know, and over the next few weeks I'll need to have my wisdom teeth removed so they stop messing with the rest.

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wasn’t that an Armagon recommendation?

It was, kinda. But he hadn't even played it, he only recommended it because beard. That's how it escaped the Armagon curse, I imagine.

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wouldn’t it have to be specific, programmed in words to trigger spells?

Nope. You can input anything and see what it does. Anything.

Of course, from what I've gathered, the game itself gives you some tips for good spells in the form of dialogue, and I believe you can also try stealing magics from enemies and other Square RPGs.

More than anything, however, I need to know if I can kill things with shit.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah 21 is like the last big milestone, isn't it? Well, in America anyways, in other countries, it can be 20.

I haven't felt anything special since like... Ever, honestly. Even 18 wasn't all that for me.

6 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I did it.

57k91d0.pngujvvq4j.png6smfQ3i.png

Well.

That's an... Interesting pairing. To say the least.

smh why didn't you screw Niles instead

Edited by Saint Rubenio

51 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

The real question is which one should I play first?

7B5760E2-F452-49E4-A41B-DD766A962398.jpeg

I like playing them in order, personally, but whatever you prefer

Happy birthday @Armagon 🥳

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, in my case, it went well. They confirmed what we already know, and over the next few weeks I'll need to have my wisdom teeth removed so they stop messing with the rest.

I never not had my wisdom teeth removed, as they never came up in the first place cue the freak-of-nature "they're surfacing and it hurts" moment when I least expect it decades later. Although, I did have a university class one day where a student had just gotten them removed, and had the stitches come undone during class. 😬

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well... That doesnt mean you think its great. XD

I personally think XIII is superior in every gameplay aspect, ofc 

Well, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but you ought to know what I thought of XII's gameplay most unfortunately. It can take time for RPGs to reach full blossoming in gameplay, so I'll be patient before making a judgement call. At the current rate, it ought to be distinctive and mildly good.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I can say in the case of Odin... There is none. You summon Odin, battles are gonna take 3X as long, haha! 

Jokes aside, summons are mostly used for escaping doom and for a second lease on life since they revive you upon death.

Summons have been time devourers since like what VII? I've rarely used them since, barring Eiko.

And thanks for the revival tip!

So here I am, exploring what’s left of the final dungeon, and I open a chest. When I open it, I get an achievement.

*goes to check the achievement*

I GOT EVERY CHEST BLIND, LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

6.2% OF PLAYERS!

Well, I accidentally used a guide for one chest, but only one.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So here I am, exploring what’s left of the final dungeon, and I open a chest. When I open it, I get an achievement.

*goes to check the achievement*

I GOT EVERY CHEST BLIND, LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

6.2% OF PLAYERS!

Well, I accidentally used a guide for one chest, but only one.

ayy grats

>starts the penultimate battle

>all party members except for one die in one turn, and the only survivor was on 128 HP

So this is how it’s gonna be, huh?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So what you're saying is that you'll be one of the few people that genuinely enjoys Metroid: Other M.

Probably. XD

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

I did it.

57k91d0.pngujvvq4j.png6smfQ3i.png

"This game's plot is garbage, anyway. Might as well make it weird!" XD

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Falcom itself needs a remake

Oooh, Falcom needs more than just cold water for THAT burn!

Speaking of Falcom doing shitty things that are shit, here's something good they did! Ayy, that rhymes! xD
kbiqmr8.jpg

Best girl! Without having seen all the characters yet, haha!

Also, she is very, VERY strong. See this incredibly terrifying thing that set off my phobia of wasps and hornets (spoilers in case someone else here feels the same way, because this thing... *shudder*)?

Spoiler

a99BGtc.jpg

No damage clear, because Karna is based!
*insert Vasavi Shakti joke here*

But seriously, gameplay-wise she's like a fast Hummel from Ys 8 fused with Wang Yuanji from Dynasty Warriors 8.
Who thought that was a good idea? Because I want to give them an award! xD

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Shrimperor @lightcosmo Whenever I lose the battle, I have both a continue and retry option, but both of them just send me to the beginning of the battle. So what’s the difference?

continue should let you continue with the story...

But any man worth his salt will win the battle 😉 

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

No damage clear, because Karna is based!

she's very op yeah

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

she's very op yeah

Sad that she leaves right after that dungeon.
Though on the other hand... it might have been for the best, considering I was seriously thinking about just using her from now on. XD

continue should let you continue with the story...

But any man worth his salt will win the battle 😉 

When I press continue, the battle just restarts.

Any time he uses an AoE attack the battle pretty much automatically ends.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Late happy birthday to you too!

Funnily enough, it's been three weeks and I think you're actually the first.

Admittedly, I didn't brought it up back then, but the fact no one noticed is... something.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When I press continue, the battle just restarts.

Any time he uses an AoE attack the battle pretty much automatically ends.

don't group up 😛

Also Grail Sphere

Also Zerams

Also Grail Sphere

Can’t use it fast enough.

Also Zerams

I’m not supposed to save them for the final battle?