Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Benice said:

First time when I was 6, (2011),

Oh, wow!

Basically a year ago, when my family played every Zelda game we own in a semi-marathon.

Which ones are those, out of curiosity? Sounds nice! But if Majora’s Mask wasn’t included, you missed out on the peak Zelda experience.

Yeah, I think you get that near the end of the quest. By the way, you may need a guide for a few of 'em, since they're hidden around Skyloft at night.

I used a guide for all of those I can get right now because wandering around aimlessly looking for them sounds incredibly boring. The guide has now gotten to a quest I can trigger by sleeping over and over again and talking to the item storage girl over and over again, which I could wait to do it like you’re very obviously supposed to or I could bow to the will of the Sooks% and spend forever repeatedly talking to her and then forwarding the day/night cycle and do it now. I like my way.

Speaking of, have you started the Lumpy Pumpkin quest line yet?

Of course! I’ve already been to the Lumpy Pumpkin, and while the brain of a normal player might go “Oh boy, what a lovely, cozy establishment! I can’t wait to try a warm bottle of pumpkin soup while talking to the people here. Hey, that looks like treasure on the chandelier. The NPCs warm not to knock it over by rolling into the wall. Hmm…” the brain of someone going for Sooks% goes “heartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpiece!“ And after that I, of course triggered the quest line. I did the first task of transporting soup and now I have to wait for the guy to think of what I should do next.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

R.i.p. Derrick and Ruben though.

@Saint Rubenio in shambles.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Oh, wow!

First game I ever played!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Which ones are those, out of curiosity?

Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, BotW, Wind Waker HD, Link's Awakening (Switch). And then Age of Calamity after that! We also have Ocarina of Time and Minish Cap, but my parents didn't like the GBA graphics, and I don't find that OoT has aged particularly well.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

used a guide for all of those I can get right now because wandering around aimlessly looking for them sounds incredibly boring.

Yeah...

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

The guide has now gotten to a quest I can trigger by sleeping over and over again and talking to the item storage girl over and over again, which I could wait to do it like you’re very obviously supposed to or I could bow to the will of the Sooks% and spend forever repeatedly talking to her and then forwarding the day/night cycle and do it now. I like my way.

F

I always enjoyed this quest, but I always did the slower way because I'm impatient.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

the brain of someone going for Sooks% goes “heartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpieceheartpiece!

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This LoZ talk reminds me I wish we could get Oracle remakes...

I've heard very good things about them and really liked the manga adaptions, so I hope they get some as well!

Just wondering, is there any reason they wouldn't remake 'em?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I've heard very good things about them and really liked the manga adaptions, so I hope they get some as well!

Just wondering, is there any reason they wouldn't remake 'em?

Other than Capcom potentially saying no... but at this point I say it's more a matter of when than if. Hopefully.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Other than Capcom potentially saying no... but at this point I say it's more a matter of when than if. Hopefully.

That's good!

It's a longshot, but Oracle remakes could potentially be the chance for Farore to get the game she got denied back then.

But I doubt it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Hmm, I wonder who my foes will be today in Sword of Heaven and Earth.

Utboaphl o

I mean, yeah, when you look like that, you can only be a villain.

Rkvsmxpj o

Oh.

Zobt7qk4 o

Oh dear.

(guess which one of these is recruitable!)

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Prime 1 and 2 can be fun in their own right but they are merely the shadow of 2D Metroid's greatness.

Found this when I was randomly browsing the web. Not finished yet.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Finally beat Sanctuary Fortress. I don't think a level has mentally exhausted me like this in a long time.

I take it you'll find a save for all the Sky Temple Keys? And how was Quadraxis?

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's a longshot, but Oracle remakes could potentially be the chance for Farore to get the game she got denied back then.

But I doubt it.

Same. But, as someone who is more fond of the Oracle games than others and once used Farore's sprite for my avi here, I wish. I've a liking too for scrapped games/unused content, imagining what could've been.

16 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Wait, why is an FE6 boss in this romhack suddenly

It's a midquel of FE6, centered around Sacae mainly, with some focus on Ilia as well. I guess the hacker just liked Sigune (I mean, I'm pretty sure all four people who remember she exists do), so he decided to grant her an extended role in his hack.

Honestly, I'm glad. That beautiful design of hers wasn't done justice in FE6. You can also find Dorcas in this game, as well as...

Ykj9srxn o

Folks like this. Dude liked his references.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

GLORY TO THRACIA!!! XD

It says Bern right there Lightcosmo

At least in this game there's only one of him, as opposed to friggin' seven lol.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It says Bern right there Lightcosmo

At least in this game there's only one of him, as opposed to friggin' seven lol.

He is and always will be glory to Thracia man to me! XD

not just seven... seven very handsomely done pallete swaps of him! (erm, they are all pallette swaps, right?

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

He is and always will be glory to Thracia man to me! XD

Well, he does scream "glory to Bern!" when he dies, so... I think the hack's creator agreed, haha.

(Well, actually, he goes "the kingdom of Bern... glory to that!", but that's because the translation is a little wonky. I don't mind too much, though. It's enough to have a translation of this at all, and leaving aside the at times clumsy wording it's perfectly understandable. The translator did a great job considering the fact that English is not his main language)

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

not just seven... seven very handsomely done pallete swaps of him! (erm, they are all pallette swaps, right?

Yes, they are palette swaps, though... Only cape palette swaps. His hair and armor are exactly the same, he just changes capes for each appearance. Also, two of them are the exact same portrait, cape and all.

Honestly, I love them. They're hilarious.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, he does scream "glory to Bern!" when he dies, so... I think the hack's creator agreed, haha.

(Well, actually, he goes "the kingdom of Bern... glory to that!", but that's because the translation is a little wonky. I don't mind too much, though. It's enough to have a translation of this at all, and leaving aside the at times clumsy wording it's perfectly understandable, the translator did a great job considering the fact that English is not his main language)

Yes, they are palette swaps, though... Only cape palette swaps. His hair and armor are exactly the same, he just changes capes for each appearance. Also, two of them are the exact same portrait, cape and all.

Honestly, I love them. They're hilarious.

As long as he pays homage to his superiors, then he's alright by me! 

Eh, who needs a good translation, anyways? His spirit is at one with Thracia in the end.

They decided that between the seven of them, they all needed to feel different somehow, and capes were decided, their hair and such were much too glorious to change.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

As long as he pays homage to his superiors, then he's alright by me! 

I don't know about the "superiors" part, I like this game way better than FE4 lol

Eh, who needs a good translation, anyways? His spirit is at one with Thracia in the end.

Maybe the reason his death quote is so roundabout is that he's actually reflecting on how weak the Kingdom of Bern is, and by "that" he means the Kingdom of Thracia.

So yeah, he's saying glory to Thracia. Even though Thracia doesn't exist in this hack. Fuck it.

They decided that between the seven of them, they all needed to feel different somehow, and capes were decided, their hair and such were much too glorious to change.

I just love how they all have that permanent expression of needing to take a shit really badly.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know about the "superiors" part, I like this game way better than FE4 lol

Maybe the reason his death quote is so roundabout is that he's actually reflecting on how weak the Kingdom of Bern is, and by "that" he means the Kingdom of Thracia.

So yeah, he's saying glory to Thracia. Even though Thracia doesn't exist in this hack. Fuck it.

I just love how they all have that permanent expression of needing to take a shit really badly.

Brothers, then?

That's cause unlike Thracia, Bern is clearly inept, haha.

Thracia is the only place to be loyal to. that's why! XD

😒

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Brothers, then?

Brothers who all suffer from IBS.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

That's cause unlike Thracia, Bern is clearly inept, haha.

Thracia is the only place to be loyal to. that's why! XD

Glory to Thracia, damnit.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait is the Orcale games in a Super Mario RPG situation where even though it's a Nintendo property, the actual rights are just fucked?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Found this when I was randomly browsing the web. Not finished yet.

Oh yeah, I did hear about this. That's some very rapid firing.

On a side note, I have noticed something a bit disappointing but all of the Metroid fan games out there are either fan remakes (AM2R, Prime 2D) or just Super Metroid hacks.

I don't know what it is but I don't think there's an original Metroid fangame out there like you'd see with Fire Emblem or Sonic.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

take it you'll find a save for all the Sky Temple Keys?

Yeah the 100% save file I got a while back is for all three games. I made a copy so I'll just swap over. Which means I can get started on Prime 3 today.

I found out a little while ago that Prime 3 returns to form and stacks the beams instead of making them independent

IMG_20191001_194939.jpg