Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

First dose acquired! Woo! 🥳

Yay!

I have returned! Our trip was preemptively cancelled by the smoke, so...

What did I miss?

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So I didn't mention this before but I've been temporarily been put out of work because I'm having to quarantine. I'm fine but my mom does have Covid, though thankfully not a severe case. We were able to catch it early so with the medication she got from the hospital, she's doing fun.

At any rate, my boss told me that I can't come back to work until both me and my mom test negative. I already tested negative and I already got my first dose so I should be fine and my mom's getting tested again next week I think.

But yeah, if I've seemed slightly more active here, that's why.

45 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If given a second, anyone can give up and run
So just keep on walking
There's something only you can do
So that this blue planet doesn't lose it's light

Seize the dreams you had!
Protect your beloved friends!
You can become stronger
Unknown power dwells in your heart, when its fire is lit
Any wish, it's true
Will surely be granted...show me your brave heart

Not every day is sunny, so sometimes
Even though a cold rain is falling, just open your umbrella
There's no map of how to live, that's why we're free
You can go anywhere

Run faster than the wind!
Aim farther than the skies!
You can meet a new you
Unknown courage sleeps in your heart, and when you realize
The downpour in your heart
Will surely stop...show me your brave heart

Seize the bright tomorrow!
Protect the ones you love!
You can become stronger
Break that weak self!
Destroy the walls blocking you!
The warm beat of your heart will be your weapon
Believe in your heart

What's this from? Has an epic shounen speech vibe to it.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So I didn't mention this before but I've been temporarily been put out of work because I'm having to quarantine. I'm fine but my mom does have Covid, though thankfully not a severe case. We were able to catch it early so with the medication she got from the hospital, she's doing fun.

At any rate, my boss told me that I can't come back to work until both me and my mom test negative. I already tested negative and I already got my first dose so I should be fine and my mom's getting tested again next week I think.

Best wishes to your mom. And hey, surprise vacation, amirite? Unless you're not getting paid for this, then that kinda sucks...

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Best wishes to your mom. And hey, surprise vacation, amirite? Unless you're not getting paid for this, then that kinda sucks...

Thanks.

And yeah, aside from the two paychecks I'm supposed to be getting from the last two weeks I worked, I ain't getting paid. Because it was a part-time job.

But I should be good to go in August at least.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope your mom will be okay!

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What's this from? Has an epic shounen speech vibe to it.

That is the translation to Brave Heart, the evolution theme for Digimon Adventure.

To this day one of my favorite songs in all of anime.
And one of the few I can actually sing along to.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

^^

This stuff was part of my childhood.
Well, the German version was, at the very least. But I really like the original, too!

I think over here they just kept the Japanese lyrics for this one. Unlike Butter-Fly which we dubbed to Latin American Spanish instead.

Nothing beats having a dub faithful (for the most part) to the original script and uncut. We did this for like the first four Digimon series.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Sad thing is, Digimon Adventure tri. was so full of missed opportunities.
Just to name one example: the first movie peaked in what could potentially be the hypest thing ever. Alphamon vs. Omegamon (Omnimon in the west), two of the strongest Digimon out there, both part of one of the strongest groups of Digimon, the Royal Knights, and both said to be their leaders.
And it lasted all of two minutes.
I was disappointed.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think over here they just kept the Japanese lyrics for this one.

I see! That's interesting!

Unlike Butter-Fly which we dubbed to Latin American Spanish instead.

Oh yeah, this version of the song is amazing!

Nothing beats having a dub faithful (for the most part) to the original script and uncut. We did this for like the first four Digimon series.

Definitely!
Germany had this for Savers/Data Squad, too. All they did was use the names from the English translation for the characters and Digimon, until in Data Squad, they decided to go with the Japanese names for both Digimon (so Gallantmon went back to Dukemon, and Omnimon to Omegamon) and their attacks. Human characters stuck with the American dub names, so Masaru was still Marcus. for us. They did keep and dub the music from the Japanese version, though I am sad we never got the opening version of this:

We did get the song in an episode, when they used it as an insert song, but... sadly, never the opening version, haha!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Definitely!
Germany had this for Savers/Data Squad, too. All they did was use the names from the English translation for the characters and Digimon, until in Data Squad, they decided to go with the Japanese names for both Digimon (so Gallantmon went back to Dukemon, and Omnimon to Omegamon) and their attacks. Human characters stuck with the American dub names, so Masaru was still Marcus. for us. They did keep and dub the music from the Japanese version, though I am sad we never got the opening version of this:

We did get the song in an episode, when they used it as an insert song, but... sadly, never the opening version, haha!

Oh yes, over here we also had the English names for characters and Digimon. Not the only anime dub that did this over here, as it were.

I think eventually for Digimon they just begun translating straight from the English dubs. A shame, in my opinion. Although, the record wasn't spotless before, since we also got the "first three Adventure movies merged into one" thing the US did. Why they choose to dub that instead of the three individual movies while still doing faithful dubs for the TV seasons I don't know.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yes, over here we also had the English names for characters and Digimon. Not the only anime dub that did this over here, as it were.

Same here!
Looks like Germany and Latin America have (or had) pretty similar approaches to anime dubs!

I think eventually for Digimon they just begun translating straight from the English dubs. A shame, in my opinion.

I'm still sad over no German version of We Are Xros Heart and X4B The Guardian.
Weaker than preceeding seasons though Digimon Xros Wars was, perhaps, the music was amazing as ever, and these two songs are definite standouts to me.
But Germany decided to go with the American dub for that series, which... was a bit sad, for me.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Although, the record wasn't spotless before, since we also got the "first three Adventure movies merged into one" thing the US did. Why they choose to dub that instead of the three individual movies while still doing faithful dubs for the TV seasons I don't know.

That is a mystery for me, too, as Germany, again, did the exact same thing.
Imagine me, sitting there, waiting to hear the greatness of Break Up and Brave Heart on the big screen (I was actually in the cinema), only to get really, really bad rap music instead. As well as a movie with a really confusing plot.
It wasn't until I actually watched the three original versions that I knew what was even going on. xD

52 minutes ago, Benice said:

I have returned! Our trip was preemptively cancelled by the smoke, so...

Oh, is everyone okay?

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I hope your mom will be okay.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

If given a second, anyone can give up and run
So just keep on walking
There's something only you can do
So that this blue planet doesn't lose it's light

Seize the dreams you had!
Protect your beloved friends!
You can become stronger
Unknown power dwells in your heart, when its fire is lit
Any wish, it's true
Will surely be granted...show me your brave heart

Not every day is sunny, so sometimes
Even though a cold rain is falling, just open your umbrella
There's no map of how to live, that's why we're free
You can go anywhere

Run faster than the wind!
Aim farther than the skies!
You can meet a new you
Unknown courage sleeps in your heart, and when you realize
The downpour in your heart
Will surely stop...show me your brave heart

Seize the bright tomorrow!
Protect the ones you love!
You can become stronger
Break that weak self!
Destroy the walls blocking you!
The warm beat of your heart will be your weapon
Believe in your heart

❤️ perfection, Draggy!

37 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I hope your mom will be okay!

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

hope your mom will be okay.

She is doing fine, thankfully.

Behold

M3_C_Mogenar_ad.jpg

The actual worst boss in all of Metroid.

The peak definition of tedium. The peak definition of unfun.

And considering all the bosses before this point we're actually fun, it becomes all the more jarring.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Behold

M3_C_Mogenar_ad.jpg

The actual worst boss in all of Metroid

He looks absolutely hilarious. Look at that dumb shit-eating grin. Fantastic. Is that even a grin actually? I'm not sure, I could be seeing things, but I swear he's just grinning away. Also, he's fat and he looks derp-eyed from this angle. Wonderful.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, what smoke?

http://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/

Double click on where it says Vancouver. I don't live there, and our trip was closer to Princeton, but all of the angry splotches on the map should sorta give you an idea.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

http://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/

Double click on where it says Vancouver. I don't live there, and our trip was closer to Princeton, but all of the angry splotches on the map should sorta give you an idea.

Ah yeah, doesn't look great... Too bad about your trip. And, y'know, the country being on fire.

Edited by Saint Rubenio