• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Ephraim is boring too. The Sacred Stones lords put me to sleep.

RHzH9gC.jpg

53 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Either way, I disagree, but its your opinion.

No, no, no, no. Cosmo, you're doing it wrong you have to ridicule those with opinions different from yours!

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wow, you really don’t like Edelgard!

her character is... A bit over the top phony imo. But I prefer not to get into a spat over it, so i'll just leave that for the imagination! Xd

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

No, no, no, no. Cosmo, you're doing it wrong you have to ridicule those with opinions different from yours!

Wait, I do? Oops, will remember that for next time! Xd

Only three chapters of SoHaE left, including the finale, which should be somewhat shorter. So far, so good. I remember the game's finale being tough, but not like Dark Lord and the Maiden of Light levels of tough where it just becomes completely fucking impossible if you don't have a unit with all stats capped. Let's see if I am correct.

24 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Cosmo brings shame upon the fans of FE. He's too positive.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking!

*high five*

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, FE4 has a tendancy to make characters look alot alike, so maybe they wanted to keep that trend going! Xd

Not just FE4, but FE in general kinda likes its derivations. xD
For example, Priscilla is red-haired Nanna, and Eirika is blue-haired Lachesis (heck, their sprites in their base classes are practically the same), Erinys/Ferry/Fury/Erin is Palla without the headband, and Fee is a green-haired Est, Rody and Luke are Sain and Kent, Cecile is Wendy with a headband, and Leif is brown-haired Gaiden Alm minus the unfortunate groin armor.
And don't even get me started on Morgan and Katarina... or how you can turn Kris into a discount Ike.
FE be rippin' itself off. xD

And then there's Sophia, whom fanartists have made practically indistinguishable from BB (a Fate character) recently, to the point where I get severely confused whenever I look up art.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think I'll play Birthright once I'm done with Sword of Heaven and Earth.

Any tips and tidbits I should know?

It's like... THE most basic FE story you could get.
It takes absolutely zero risks whatsoever. Ironically, that makes it the best of the three, and the only one I can tolerate as a story... (main) characters are still dog poop, though.

Also, basically every map but one is rout or kill boss.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Imagine quitting Trails.

I mean... I did. XD
That entire series really is not my thing, as I discovered after attempting Trails in the Sky.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ephraim is boring too.

That, and the story bends over itself to make him look good.
On top of being a boring black hole.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

What should you not do?

Everything Ouroboros does.
They are seriously one of the worst parts of Trails for me.
I'd spoil Cold Steel for you if I went into detail, so I won't, since I don't want to ruin your fun, but, for me, every time they appeared, or were the center of the plot, the story took an absolute nosedive into the pits.

I'd seriously take any generic FE cult over these guys any day of the week.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

This ain't that weird when you remember that Fate turned Leonardo Da Vinci into a woman. 

And King Arthur.
And Nobunaga Oda.
And Okita Souji.
And Nero.
And Jack the Ripper.
And Frankenstein's Monster.
And Attila the Hun.
Along with probably some others I am not aware of right now.

XD

Edited by DragonFlames

Note that their appearance in Cold Steel is a joke compared to Sky and Xbell.

Then again everything in cold steel is a joke compared to former arcs

Except shitty harem ecchi antics they were amplified in Cold Steel

Barring Eldigan and Ares, that's just boss portrait reuse, which wasn't uncommon in those days. Blazing Blade still saw some boss recolors... and then Awakening also reused boss portraits. Funny thing, the portrait that the mage and pk sisters use is probably more reused than Zyne's portrait, but it's the latter's who became a meme.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Shrimpy, I accidentally zoomed the mini map in, and i cant figure out how to zoom it out! Help! Xd

Sorry, can't help there without having access to my pc...

Maybe check controller config?

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Not just FE4, but FE in general kinda likes its derivations. xD
For example, Priscilla is red-haired Nanna, and Eirika is blue-haired Lachesis (heck, their sprites in their base classes are practically the same)

I meant more along the lines of Lachesis/Nanna Ayra/Larcei, etc.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Note that their appearance in Cold Steel is a joke compared to Sky and Xbell.

As I have not played previous arcs, I'll take your word for it.
But I honestly have my doubts as to them being that much better in those games, I'll be honest.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I meant more along the lines of Lachesis/Nanna Ayra/Larcei, etc.

That is correct!
Though in the cases of the characters you mentioned, it kinda sorta makes sense, as they are supposed to be parent and child, haha

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That is correct!
Though in the cases of the characters you mentioned, it kinda sorta makes sense, as they are supposed to be parent and child, haha

They literally just gave their portraits haircuts and added a feather for Nanna. Xd

Just now, lightcosmo said:

It WAS a bit lazy on their end, but its FE4, the land of reused assets! Xd

That is also very true.
Though you could in theory make the argument that they did it to save storage space, at least as far as the reused assets are concerned.

44 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I mean... I did. XD
That entire series really is not my thing, as I discovered after attempting Trails in the Sky.

Yeah, that’s okay.

Everything Ouroboros does.
They are seriously one of the worst parts of Trails for me.
I'd spoil Cold Steel for you if I went into detail, so I won't,

Oh, I see, thank you.

Jack the Ripper

🤔

2 hours ago, Maof06 said:

RHzH9gC.jpg

I only like baby Dimitri with baby Edelgard. Their adult selves must kill each other 😈.

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Barring Eldigan and Ares, that's just boss portrait reuse, which wasn't uncommon in those days. Blazing Blade still saw some boss recolors... and then Awakening also reused boss portraits. Funny thing, the portrait that the mage and pk sisters use is probably more reused than Zyne's portrait, but it's the latter's who became a meme.

You're right, the sisters appear 9 times, whereas Zyne only appears 7 times. I believe the reason Zyne became the meme is that the sisters got more noticeable edits (Zyne's literally just a cape recolor lol), and 6 of them appear together in groups of three, whereas the Zynes are completely unrelated to each other and just kept appearing in every chapter. Also, Zyne's face is just way funnier, the dude looks like he's holding in a massive crap at all times.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It WAS a bit lazy on their end, but its FE4, the land of reused assets! Xd

Never forget the three cultist bosses in the final chapter with recolored portraits and reused battle and death quotes. I found that to be positively hilarious. They couldn't come up with three different lines of generic cultist dialogue? C'mon...

'Afternoon, all!

I'll be departing again. Hopefully this time I will be back for Saturday instead of tomorrow!