Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Afternoon, all!

I'll be departing again. Hopefully this time I will be back for Saturday instead of tomorrow!

Have fun with whatever you’re doing!

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

That is also very true.
Though you could in theory make the argument that they did it to save storage space, at least as far as the reused assets are concerned.

Yeah FE4 is near maxed out. Fair point.

Well, that was Sword of Heaven and Earth. It accomplishes the nigh-impossible for a hack: To have an endgame that is fun, and a final boss that is neither piss easy nor painfully difficult. So that's great. And then, a TRS-style ending where everyone discusses what they'll do afterwards instead of just having the game tell you on little cards. A few characters were not present, which is a shame, but... eh, could be the casualties I suffered. And then everyone got a card, anyway, so it's okay.

Oohhhh what a tease...! At the very end, Saya asks the old advisor guy to tell her the truth. He says that he was sent by her father to keep watch over her and Lyn, and that he's alive... But he does not reveal the man's identity. The scene with Eliwood and Lyn didn't shed any light on the matter, either, they just reminisced about Hector for a bit and that was it. Goddamnit, Sword of Heaven and Earth...! Pick a side!

Honestly, it's gotta be Kent. Eliwood describes her as just an old friend, Rath is nowhere to be seen (and neither Dayan nor Sue treat Saya as family) and Hector kicked the bucket. So yeah, it's probably Kent. Good for him.

So yeah, great hack. Biggest flaw I can think of is that, due to the lack of supports, most characters are very Archanea-like. Other than that, fun gameplay, moderate difficulty, neat story that isn't anything special but works, gorgeous character designs. I say this a lot, but I'd describe it as GBAFE but better, and this time it's way better, not like DLATMOL which was a little better until it completely dropped the ball in the lategame.

I know a lot of people here really dislike GBAFE, but for the rest of you, it gets my recommendation. I mean, c'mon, it has a playable war dragon. How can you not at least respect that?!

Tomorrow I'll start Game That You Have To Specify You Like "Despite Its Many Issues" In Order Not To Get Flayed By The Community: Birthright. I'll let you guys know how it goes, of course.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tomorrow I'll start Game That You Have To Specify You Like "Despite Its Many Issues" In Order Not To Get Flayed By The Community

This goes for pretty much any game in the series except the obscure ones.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tomorrow I'll start Game That You Have To Specify You Like "Despite Its Many Issues" In Order Not To Get Flayed By The Community: Birthright. I'll let you guys know how it goes, of course.

Use Setsuna and Azama.

Why? Well, I know you’ll hate Azama, and Setsuna is Setsuna.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

This goes for pretty much any game in the series except the obscure ones.

Way more for Fates though. At least from what I've seen, if you just say you like Three Houses, or Blazing Sword, or Thracia, or heck even Awakening, at worst you might find a couple of people who'll meekly claim to disagree, maybe list off some reasons why they do, give way to some discussoin about the flaws of the game, but for the most part nobody will bat an eye, and plenty will agree.

If you dare to claim you like Fates, doesn't matter if it's the gameplay, the character designs, the music or Camilla's assets, you'll immediately get a pile of people charging straight at you to let you know that Fates's story is garbage in way more words than they need. It's like it's wrong to like Fates. And I mean, I guess I get it, but... I don't get it, Fates is great, fuck the haters. Sure it's not perfect, but there's no need to be talking about its flaws 24/7. Yes, I know this sounds hypocritical coming from me of all people.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Use Setsuna and Azama.

Why? Well, I know you’ll hate Azama, and Setsuna is Setsuna.

I already know I'll use Reina, because prepromoted archers are the best and she's a... kinda sorta maybe old woman in modern FE? A feat that I did not believe possible. Probably Scarlet too, I like her. And Daniela, because capturable boss.

Setsuna does have a rather nice design. I don't get why her lips look like that, but other than that, no complaints, I might use her. I already despise that shitstain Azama for his shenanigans in Conquest, though, so you're correct there.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Isn't Queen, I mean Reina, like in her thirties or so? Well, that's old in RPG terms, heh.

Old enough. And hey, she's a Spanish person that isn't either a brigand or a boring healer girl! Even more reason to use her.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Old enough. And hey, she's a Spanish person that isn't either a brigand or a boring healer girl! Even more reason to use her.

Well, not quite. Reina is just a coincidence that it exists in both Spanish and Japanese.

怜奈 or れいな is Reina, which in part means Wise. No relation to the Spanish name.

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It is? I thought the reason it doesn't get much flak is because no one really cares about it.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, not quite. Reina is just a coincidence that it exists in both Spanish and Japanese.

怜奈 or れいな is Reina, which in part means Wise. No relation to the Spanish name.

Spanish enough.

Just now, BrightBow said:

It is? I thought the reason it doesn't get much flak is because no one really cares about it.

Well, I meant more Fates in general than just Birthright.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Spanish enough.

It's the advantage that Japanese is phonetic in a not too disimilar way in which Spanish works. Certainly makes things easier, heh.

Screenshot_5088.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_5089.png?width=769&height=432

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And then there's Sophia, whom fanartists have made practically indistinguishable from BB (a Fate character) recently, to the point where I get severely confused whenever I look up art.

*Googles*

"BB (ビィビィ, Byibyi?) is an Advanced AI originating from the Advanced AI Sakura Matou in Fate/EXTRA CCC."

Are there any more Sakuras i should know about?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oohhhh what a tease...! At the very end, Saya asks the old advisor guy to tell her the truth. He says that he was sent by her father to keep watch over her and Lyn, and that he's alive... But he does not reveal the man's identity. The scene with Eliwood and Lyn didn't shed any light on the matter, either, they just reminisced about Hector for a bit and that was it. Goddamnit, Sword of Heaven and Earth...! Pick a side!

Man now this just makes Saya's father seem like a douche. Guy just leaves and tells someone else too look after his daughter.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Man now this just makes Saya's father seem like a douche. Guy just leaves and tells someone else too look after his daughter.

I mean, it could be Rath, but that's even worse than if it's Kent, because then not only did he leave, he also didn't tell either his father or his other daughter about Saya. Dick...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, it could be Rath, but that's even worse than if it's Kent, because then not only did he leave, he also didn't tell either his father or his other daughter about Saya. Dick...

They should've just said he died and that wouldn't been a better explanation if they didn't want to reveal who it was.

From what I've seen, people give the fewest shits about enjoying BR over the other two Fates games. I can't really speak from experience though, since I haven't played any of Fates by myself. Hope you have fun with it!

Remind me to pester you into playing FE3 Book 2 once you're finished.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They should've just said he died and that wouldn't been a better explanation if they didn't want to reveal who it was.

I think the creator tried to go for a sort of bittersweet ending where dad's alive but for some reason can't go to his family.

...hey, maybe it is Eliwood after all. Apparently he's so absurdly busy he can't visit Hector in 15 years - and Lyn lives even further away!

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

He probably did, but since most of his dialogue is "...", then who could've figured that out.

Hah!

I mean, he's no stranger to leaving. Bastard comes back way too late in 7...

7 minutes ago, Spara said:

From what I've seen, people give the fewest shits about enjoying BR over the other two Fates games. I can't really speak from experience though, since I haven't played any of Fates by myself. Hope you have fun with it!

So do I!

7 minutes ago, Spara said:

Remind me to pester you into playing FE3 Book 2 once you're finished.

Give me a version that has Malice in it.

All the talk about Elibe is making me want to play Binding Blade, ngl

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Are there any more Sakuras i should know about?

Passionlip, Meltlilith, Kingprotea, and Kazuradrop.

I already know I'll use Reina, because prepromoted archers are the best and she's a... kinda sorta maybe old woman in modern FE? A feat that I did not believe possible. Probably Scarlet too, I like her. And Daniela, because capturable boss.

Setsuna does have a rather nice design. I don't get why her lips look like that, but other than that, no complaints, I might use her. I already despise that shitstain Azama for his shenanigans in Conquest, though, so you're correct there.

Also, recruit Azama's daughter, Mitama.

30 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

All the talk about Elibe is making me want to play Binding Blade, ngl

Play Sword of Heaven and Earth instead.

30 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Hmmmm... I dunno, are there any recruitable bosses in her paralogue? I know Kaden's daughter has one. That's a great incentive to go to a paralogue!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And I mean, I guess I get it, but... I don't get it, Fates is great, fuck the haters. Sure it's not perfect, but there's no need to be talking about its flaws 24/7. Yes, I know this sounds hypocritical coming from me of all people.

You only played one Fates game.

Setsuna does have a rather nice design. I don't get why her lips look like that, but other than that, no complaints, I might use her.

She’s an archer, she’s a bad unit…

I already despise that shitstain Azama for his shenanigans in Conquest, though, so you're correct there.

What shenanigans? I meant his character.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

Oh yes, definitely this @Saint Rubenio. I mean, she has the kind of clothing you like, which is to say actual clothing.