• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just fought Garcia and... That was a close one... 

Lmao at 1,000 + damage every attack + his 4,000 damage s craft. I nearly ran out of resources... (I forgot to buy items, so I had none to begin with) it was almost a last hit scenario. I was nervous for a bit, i'll admit it.

So Skyward Sword really just lifted the idea of searching for tears of [insert sacred light/power/thing] in an altered version of the land from Twilight Princess.

…and made it ten times more fun. Wow, that spirit trial was a blast.

It took the Prime trilogy three games to have consistently fun bosses but Prime 3 did it. The bosses in this game are fun.

I'd actually go as far as to say Prime 3 actually does come pretty close to the greatness that is 2D Metroid.

I'm about halfway through the game but if it keeps this up then yeah, this game's a winner.

Another long and exhausting day, and yet, I always feel like I could’ve done more on vacation. Do I lack for stamina as I think I do, or does popular entertainment and advertising give people infinite vitality?

I’ll comment on stuff tomorrow, not feeling like it right now. But I was surfing the web…

image.jpeg.94e08aa9704ffee99db30e98eaee5bf3.jpeg

🤣

https://www.siliconera.com/super-robot-wars-og-exhibition-will-also-sell-merchandise

Pls buy me the Alt shirt in red and big as it gets thx! 😘 Probably cheap material and still wouldn’t fit me.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I'd say.

Super-Robot-Wars-OG-merchandise-14-Alphabet-keychains.jpg

This confused me a little when I watched the minimized pic since... hey, those aren't all the letters that have games! Then I saw the letters stood for mechas. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I got to Lake Floria and presumably unlocked the fourth dungeon after doing the story stuff. I have high hopes for this one, because water dungeon, and this is the one with the boss fight everyone loves, I’m pretty sure.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I never really understood the appeal of the silent trials (that's what they're called i think) but thats just me of course!

Happy to hear you enjoyed them!

Well I’ve only completed the first one, I don’t know how different they are. But even then, it didn’t take that long.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Hooray, Ssoks liked the Silent Realm!

It was fun! Tomorrow I will get some collectibles and then do the fourth dungeon, or try to, depending on how busy I am.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

What shenanigans?

That fucking hexing rod, that's what!

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

I mean, she has the kind of clothing you like, which is to say actual clothing.

C'mon, that's not my only criterion. I also look for beards. I'll bet she doesn't have a beard, now, does she?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_5106.png

Screenshot_5107.png

Screenshot_5108.png

Screenshot_5109.png

Oh hey it's Pyron from Sun God's Wrath!

Yeah, I know, he's from some fighting game first, but...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Are there any more Sakuras i should know about?

Let's see...
There's the original Sakura Matou from Fate/Stay Night
The AI Sakura that is based on the original, appearing in Fate Extra
And then the "Sakura Five" that spawned from AI Sakura in Fate Extra CCC (although only three of them actually appear in the game): BB (actually, only BB spawned from AI Sakura, and then she went on to create the other four... who all hate her xD), Passionlip (don't look this up), Meltryllis (don't look this up, either), Kazuradrop, and Kingprotea

10 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Also, recruit Azama's daughter, Mitama.

Legit the best character in Birthright.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehhh looking at her, I have serious doubts I will agree. But we'll see.

When I say "best", I actually mean she's one of the least worst ones. As in, one of the few I actually do like. Along with... like, two or three others? Maybe? If Conquest has anything over Birthright is that it has more characters I can tolerate. Even though the tally on those on Conquest is, like... five or six, depending on my mood that day.
Regardless, I hope you'll enjoy yourself!

Edited by DragonFlames

So I heard about how they made a reboot of Digimon Adventure.
I was skeptical to that, and I haven't watched it just yet, but... it just made a very convincing point for itself. Two, actually.

Point 1: This song is awesome.
Point 2: MetalGreymon looks absolutely vicious in this thumbnail. I found that thing to be rather silly-looking in previous appearances, which is why I always preferred RizeGreymon from Savers (which is basically blasphemy for Digimon fans, I know).

Now the only question is... can and does this reboot match the excellent character writing from the original four series?
Or does it go the Xros Wars route where each episode is basically all fighting and next to zero character exploration?
Guess I'll find out, eh?

Edited by DragonFlames

All right, so.

Czg3vt8n o4jwjf6sm o

Which one do you guys like best?

Xbl2wcjn o

These will be his parameters either way. Why Fishtail? Honestly, I've no idea. It was the first thing I came up with, and it sounds silly enough.

Omnimon at the end of Episode 2. I think that's a new record.

And it does seem to be going the Xros Wars route and make it almost all action, which is a shame. But I will admit, seeing all those Digimon, and the characters... it made me feel like a kid again. Nostalgia is one hell of a drug,
Also, the art and animation is nothing short of amazing.

But for now, I miss the storytelling of old. The characters struggling, the characters growing alongside their partners, their bond and trust making evolutions like Omnimon possible.
The emotional weight, characters, and backstory behind it is what makes a fight scene amazing, not how flashy it is or how big the collateral damage is, or how large the explosions, or how powerful the combatants involved are. It's what the fight means to every party involved that makes it great and memorable. To me, at least.  Which is why the best fight in all of anime (that I've seen, which admittedly isn't a whole lot) is, and probably always will be, Gallantmon vs. Beelzemon from Digimon Tamers.

TL;DR: context is important.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, so.

Czg3vt8n o4jwjf6sm o

Which one do you guys like best?

Xbl2wcjn o

These will be his parameters either way. Why Fishtail? Honestly, I've no idea. It was the first thing I came up with, and it sounds silly enough.

Hmm... with that name, I'd say the second one.
He looks more like a "Fishtail". XD

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The emotional weight, characters, and backstory behind it is what makes a fight scene amazing, not how flashy it is or how big the collateral damage is, or how large the explosions, or how powerful the combatants involved are

But, Draggy... pretty graphics! XD

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hmm... with that name, I'd say the second one.
He looks more like a "Fishtail". XD

All right, thanks for your input. I'll wait for a bit, see if I get a second opinion, and then we'll get started. I had thought of going straight to the breach of fate, but unfortunately I need to give experience to Rinkah, so I can't. Oh well.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

But, Draggy... pretty graphics! XD

A compelling point, but still! xD

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, thanks for your input. I'll wait for a bit, see if I get a second opinion, and then we'll get started. I had thought of going straight to the breach of fate, but unfortunately I need to give experience to Rinkah, so I can't. Oh well.

You're welcome! ^^
Also, get an A-support with Kaze as soon as you can, if you want to use him. Trust me.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

You're welcome! ^^
Also, get an A-support with Kaze as soon as you can, if you want to use him. Trust me.

Not to worry, I have heard about the... shenanigans, so I'll be sure to do it to preserve Candace.

...And I guess him and his daughter. They exist too. But mostly Candace.