Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I read Azama and Setsuna C, where he tried to be a jerk and make me hate him, but Setsuna is such a complete, adorable dumbass that I couldn't hate anything. She's just wonderful.

All according to plan.

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The one that kinda irked me was Hana and Silas C. Silas just randomly decided he wanted to tell Hana that she sucks for no good reason. What? Why? This is the kind of crap I'd expect from that shitstain Leo, not you...

It’s funny that you rag on Silas for this of all things, after getting his Elise supports.

You did read them, right?

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

40 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All according to plan.

It’s funny that you rag on Silas for this of all things, after getting his Elise supports.

You did read them, right?

I did read them. I saw no reason to rag on Silas for them. Quite the opposite - in a "meta" sense, it's Elise's fault.

You see, Elise's character very blatantly exists (partially, I would prefer to think) to serve a purpose: To fulfill the "little sister" fantasies of certain parts of the target demographic. She's fanservice, just a slightly different kind than the likes of Camilla. Thus, I wouldn't hold that support against Silas because in it, Silas is not Silas - he's just a vehicle to expedite the "pretend onii-chan" scenario for the target demographic's enjoyment. Silas was picked because his personality is closer to suiting the scenario than someone like, say, Laslow. That's all there is to it, I think. There's more reason to chastise the writers of the game than Silas's character for that.

Here, on the other hand, Silas is just being a dickhead because he feels like it. There's no reason for it, and he's characterized as a kind and polite person, so it's kind of a weird move for him to just randomly come out of nowhere and go "you suck Hana, your terrible fighting reflects poorly on your liege and makes me think she sucks too." It feels like they didn't have any ideas for this convo, so they just went with the first thing they came up. Which, apparently, was a diet version of Felicia and Leo C.

...Or, maybe I'm just a cynical asshole who reads too much into shit. I suppose that's also a possibility. But yeah, in summary, that's my reason for not feeling anything about the Elise support: The intent of it was so obvious to me that I just went "oh, classic Fates!" and took it in stride. When something like that happens in the same game as the "camera flies into Camilla's dirigibles" cutscene, there's hardly any reason to be surprised or to take it all too seriously.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Or, maybe I'm just a cynical asshole who reads too much into shit. I suppose that's also a possibility. But yeah, in summary, that's my reason for not feeling anything about the Elise support: The intent of it was so obvious to me that I just went "oh, classic Fates!" and took it in stride. When something like that happens in the same game as the "camera flies into Camilla's dirigibles" cutscene, there's hardly any reason to be surprised or to take it all too seriously.

Saint Rubenio’s brain on Fates as portrayed by General Scales’ back:

Jesus Christ, I think Shura might have some competition. This girl's making me laugh too much.

5 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Saint Rubenio’s brain on Fates as portrayed by General Scales’ back:

Fates breaks my spine? That's a unique one... But I guess there's some truth to it.

Also, I can't help but find it a bit jarring that both the bird and Krystal are voiced by Joanna Dark. I don't know, it's just not what I was expecting.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fates breaks my spine? That's a unique one... But I guess there's some truth to it.

...I was implying Fates breaks your mind like how that boulder broke Scales’ back.

Edited by WraithReborn

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

...I was implying Fates breaks your mind like how that boulder broke Scales’ back.

Nah, nah, I think Fates's fanservice making me cringe so hard I literally break my spine is closer to the truth.

Ahahahahahah! The reason Zola's plan failed in this route is that... he was too close to the real thing! Perfect!

Also, he really gained five troops he didn't have before completely out of the blue and didn't question it. What an idiot...

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahahahahah! The reason Zola's plan failed in this route is that... he was too close to the real thing! Perfect!

Also, he really gained five troops he didn't have before completely out of the blue and didn't question it. What an idiot...

Just wait until you see what Corrin does.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She's certainly more up my alley, that much is true.

Great. Now marry her so you can get a Knight Kana.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They are tough yeah

Hoo, boy... I've heard things, but I can't wait to see it for myself.

Just now, Maof06 said:

Great. Now marry her so you can get a Knight Kana.

Imagine me using Kana lol

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imagine me using Kana lol

Don’t you want Kellam to exist? Don’t retcon him out of existence by leaving his ancestors single!

God fucking damnit. I had a plan to exactly intercept the outlaw with the speedwing... and then my goldfish brain proceeded to completely forget in 10 seconds and use Azura for something else.

So now I have to pray that the outlaw doesn't escape through the stairs, because if he does, I lose 20 minutes of my life. Great.

Oh thank God, no, they have to exit the building. Phew... Gotta say, this game is being a lot more lenient with its thief routes than some other games in the series.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don’t you want Kellam to exist? Don’t retcon him out of existence by leaving his ancestors single!

Uhh... Look, no offense to the man, he was a great support bot for Sully until he died in the final chapter alongside everyone else, but... Yeah, I don't think I mind. Kana can sit on the bench.

Huh, the second trial is in the Lanayru region and not the Eldin region? Interesting.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uhh... Look, no offense to the man, he was a great support bot for Sully until he died in the final chapter alongside everyone else, but... Yeah, I don't think I mind. Kana can sit on the bench.

Eh, they probably won’t notice his absence anyway.

Wait, Kana can sit on the bench? Does that mean you’re going to her paralogue anyway?

Not that I’m surprised, there are two funny captureable bosses in her paralogue. Two!

Edited by Sooks

Hearing the god of wisdom in this game being called Nayru just feels so weird

That was always his name? Huh… I could have sworn it was something else. Cue the Mandela theories.

Edited by Sooks