Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, Zolamap done. Mostly. I say mostly because... this really should've been a kill boss map. I think killing the boss ended the reinforcements, but that still means I have to walk all the way to the stationary knight-and-mage pairs on the eastern and western sides of the map. Meh. Could be worse, could be Radiant Dawn.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, Kana can sit on the bench? Does that mean you’re going to her paralogue anyway?

I don't usually use its bosses, Kana is Kana and there's virtually no loot to be had, but hey, a chapter is a chapter. Support grinding is important!

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Setsuna one-rounds armors with the brass yumi.

Yes. Yes. More power. More power to the happy girl.

Wait, what..?

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/growth-rates/
https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-classes/growth-rates/

20% personal strength growth + 15% class growth… that’s the main reason she’s bad. Absolutely zero strength.

What?

"I've never seen such a display of power"

He just hit a gravely wounded old man while his guard was down, and he couldn't even kill him in one shot. What part of that was impressive? And why is nobody giving chase!? He's right there, you fools, we can kill him here! Let me kill Leo, damnit...! Stupid game!

Also, we spared said old man's life. That's going to end well.

Also also, Izana read our fortune and he was perfectly fine after that. I mean, why wouldn't he? It'd be totally silly if something so trivial as reading a fortune straight up killed him on the spot, wouldn't it? Wouldn't it...?

Just now, Sooks said:

Wait, what..?

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/growth-rates/
https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-classes/growth-rates/

20% personal strength growth + 15% class growth… that’s the main reason she’s bad. Absolutely zero strength.

What?

...Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

She's at 15 strength. At level 11.

Ahh, but this comes as no surprise. Clearly she heard that I am the one who believes in the bad units, and she has decided she wants to join the Matthis club. I, for one, welcome her with open arms! She's lovely. Every time she says "I'm happy" it brings the biggest smile to my face.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, we spared said old man's life. That's going to end well.

“But the power of friendship!” -the writers

Also also, Izana read our fortune and he was perfectly fine after that. I mean, why wouldn't he? It'd be totally silly if something so trivial as reading a fortune straight up killed him on the spot, wouldn't it? Wouldn't it...?

Yeah, just as silly as if there was some sort of DLC where one person brought two kingdoms that had been warring for centuries together and it was actually invisible soldiers the whole time, who’s kingdom of origin couldn’t be mentioned at all because of a really convenient curse, and there was a character really close to everyone in power in at least one of the kingdoms who knew all of this but chose to do absolutely nothing. And the gameplay sucked. Wouldn’t that be silly?

...Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

She's at 15 strength. At level 11.

Ahh, but this comes as no surprise. Clearly she heard that I am the one who believes in the bad units, and she has decided she wants to join the Matthis club. I, for one, welcome her with open arms!

Inb4 you get a signature tier Setsuna.

She's lovely. Every time she says "I'm happy" it brings the biggest smile to my face.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ohh... In her support with Hinoka, Setsuna readily admits that she's no good at cooking. So she really was just trolling Azama by pretending to be the dumbest human being alive.

I like her even more now. She's DEFINITELY going to kill Garon.

Also, I have recruited a generic cavalier named Simon. I won't use him, but capturing is always fun. Hilariously enough, he's faster and has more HP than Silas. Tsk, tsk. Shameful. And you were so confidently trashtalking Hana... We'll see you do that from the bench when I get your daughter.

Well, that's enough for a day. I'm pleasantly... surprised? I don't know, after Conquest, I had decent expectations, but it's at least a bit better even than I had expected. While it's definitely a notch below Conquest, it's still an above average FE, to say the least. For the time being, of course. There's a lot of game left for them to fuck up. But I have faith in them.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ruben's new waifu confirmed.

Hah! Who would've thought. A female archer. Unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, just as silly as if there was some sort of DLC where one person brought two kingdoms that had been warring for centuries together and it was actually invisible soldiers the whole time, who’s kingdom of origin couldn’t be mentioned at all because of a really convenient curse, and there was a character really close to everyone in power in at least one of the kingdoms who knew all of this but chose to do absolutely nothing. And the gameplay sucked. Wouldn’t that be silly?

Quite silly, yes. But even if that was the case - which it totally isn't - I'd forgive them because the gameplay for at least 2 of 3 routes is fun and the story makes me laugh.

And the supports, too. Honestly, I unironically find Fates's supports really fun, when they're not bending over backwards in an attempt to be erotic fanfics. Kill me for my sins if you must.

Inb4 you get a signature tier Setsuna.

Oh, please. My kingdom for a signature tier Setsuna. I mean, she already is, she's one-rounding armors. All she needs now is to maintain that pace...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What are you implying, Sukes? Whatever it is, it's not true.

...When she went "victoree, victoree" though. That had me feeling things. Namely, out loud laughter. Every one of her voice lines is just so good.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know, after Conquest, I had decent expectations, but it's at least a bit better even than I had expected. While it's definitely a notch below Conquest, it's still an above average FE, to say the least.

Yep, this is the correct opinion.

And the supports, too. Honestly, I unironically find Fates's supports really fun, when they're not bending over backwards in an attempt to be erotic fanfics. Kill me for my sins if you must.

Meh, that’s not a big sin. There are some gems in there. But for every Sakura and Hayato, there are like three Azama and Hinoka’s.

What are you implying, Sukes?

Everything.

Every one of her voice lines is just so good.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yep, this is the correct opinion.

Of course. All of my opinions are correct.

Meh, that’s not a big sin. There are some gems in there. But for every Sakura and Hayato, there are like three Azama and Hinoka’s.

I suppose I better check that one out now.

Everything.

Bah.

Setsuna is secretly Fred Jones

I can't tell anymore if my favorite room lines are hers or Izana's.

...I think "ya put a ring on Izana gurl!" still wins. But "I keep falling harder" is on another level. How did the actress not break character while she said that?

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

They are tough yeah

Oof, not looking forward to that! 

Also, something I wanna mention, later in the game, status effects never work on generic enemies, I dislike when games so this. It feels pointless to have status effects available when they make them never work. Why bother? 

Vacation over, shame we were down a crew member, and the weather leaving turned absolutely miserable. But those things happen and the good certainly outweighs the bad. Back at home, my feet have given up screaming now that they know the ordeal is over, they're barely able to keep me upright, a combination of my lack of exercise with my family preferring to walk from destination to destination and resorting to public transportation or ridesharing only when absolutely necessary. I've no souvenirs, but memories are always enough.

On 7/28/2021 at 8:42 AM, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer just wanted to give you a heads up, the CrossCode DLC for consoles is releasing on August 5th. I know that you're with your family right now and will probably be busy for a few days but just wanted to let you know since I know you were waiting for that.

I didn't comment on this before, for the reason you state.

I'll get to CrossCode soon, although I think I'll try to plough through FFXIII first. I've the game hanging for a few days.

On 7/28/2021 at 9:49 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, it's okay. To be honest, the only main characters in FE that I truly like are Shadow Dragon Marth and Leif. Everyone else is like... eh, yeah, whatever. They exist. I far prefer the secondaries.

Leif is nice enough I'd agree, though his story could use modern resources used effectively to drive it home.

Otherwise, I'm not majorly fond of any lord. Hector being a semi-exception, being a bit smarter than you'd think for a brute IMO, and I like how he handles his brother's death. -Although I could probably cherrypick stuff from every lord that I'd find good whilst setting aside the bad.

The best characters don't exist in any particular stratum. If I say "lords are overrated", I can't bring myself to blindly rush to the lowest tier of characters or some layer in the middle and throw it on a pedestal.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

although I think I'll try to plough through FFXIII first. I've the game hanging for a few days.

You make it sound like its a drag! Xd

Just now, lightcosmo said:

You make it sound like its a drag! Xd

It's not it's a drag, it's the way the narrative is written that it feels like it should be short (even if I don't expect it to be) and it keeps me pushing on. Opening to being cursed is very dramatic, gradual decline in intensity afterwards during the split up, but then it's Hope's hometown and kaboom action everywhere again. If this game had been more like VII, where once Midgar is over things become kinda aimless and totally devoid of intensity for a while, it'd be a different feeling.

That, and I couldn't exactly bring a PS3 with me on vacation. I'm feeling a little tired right now, and I felt no different the past couple nights, I would've lost against a moogle plushie with this mental state.

56 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hmm... The doctor, Johacim guenter.. He knows a bit too much... I dont like him...

He's 100% the villain. He can't be good with a name like this.

Playing through Blaster Master Zero 3, now that I have a few Metroid games under my belt, has definitely solidified for me that when it comes to Metroidvanias, I prefer the "Metroid" part over the "Castlevania" part.

For those who don't know the difference, the "Metroid" part of the genre is the genre at it's purest: exploration and action. The "Castlevania" part throws in RPG mechanics into the mix, whether it's levels or crafting, etc. And they definitely change how the game is played.

I'm not saying one is better than the other of course. This is purely preference.

Anyways I'm in the final area of BMZ3 already. Unlike the first two games, there don't seem to be any true end requirements. The first game required you to get 100% (or was it just beat every boss?) and that may be the case here as well but BMZ3 is the Fusion of the series, in that it's far more linear. Not to mention, BMZ1 had minimal plot compared to the two later games (which explains why the second game wanted you to look for three mcguffin to get the true end).

If there is a true end, it'll likely come down to player choice, just based on dialogue so far. I'll find out tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Vacation over, shame we were down a crew member, and the weather leaving turned absolutely miserable. But those things happen and the good certainly outweighs the bad. Back at home, my feet have given up screaming now that they know the ordeal is over, they're barely able to keep me upright, a combination of my lack of exercise with my family preferring to walk from destination to destination and resorting to public transportation or ridesharing only when absolutely necessary. I've no souvenirs, but memories are always enough.

Sounds like you were able to have fun in the end.

Edited by Armagon

All right, Setsuna Emblem time. I'm going to give Rinkah a seraph robe, because outside of her low HP she's my best tank. Somehow. Is that also weird, or is her defense growth super high or something?

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

Which one?

Azama and Hinoka, of course! If you say it's bad, I need to see it for myself so I can laugh at it.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's not it's a drag, it's the way the narrative is written that it feels like it should be short (even if I don't expect it to be) and it keeps me pushing on. Opening to being cursed is very dramatic, gradual decline in intensity afterwards during the split up, but then it's Hope's hometown and kaboom action everywhere again. If this game had been more like VII, where once Midgar is over things become kinda aimless and totally devoid of intensity for a while, it'd be a different feeling.

Mmkay, if you say so! XD

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, Setsuna Emblem time. I'm going to give Rinkah a seraph robe, because outside of her low HP she's my best tank. Somehow. Is that also weird, or is her defense growth super high or something?

Rinkah is one those that has a niche, but can't actually fulfill her role due to something like exactly that. And yes, her defence is good.

Oh, so Zola is joining us now? Only in the plot, though... What a shame, I would've liked to have an ugly bossman with supports for a change.

Aaaanyway, that was basically Ninja Hell but a little less hellish. The principle was the same, though. It may be a forest aesthetic instead of a dark cavern, but the same tight corridors filled with traps applied, just without the revolving doors. Also, Takumi appeared all possessed and he was... hilariously easy to unpossess, so he may now hit the bench because he and his son are the exact same character and they suffer from not being Setsuna.

Oh, and I'll probably bench Sakura as well for a generic shrine maiden. Mostly because generic shrine maidens look wonderful while Sakura is boring. Hinoka is the only royal for me.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Rinkah is one those that has a niche, but can't actually fulfill her role due to something like exactly that.

She's unironically good in my run, because I can't have a normal team, it seems.