Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She's unironically good in my run, because I can't have a normal team, it seems.

Well... you are choosing not to use the actually good characters, 'sides Hinoka that is.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Look at little Zola on his way to redemption! Really wish he'd just join the team proper, that'd be great, but... oh well.

Also, Setsuna has the same strength and speed as Reina. Well, actually, scratch that, she surpassed her in both stats after gaining another level. She's level 15 unpromoted, by the way. What an absolute unit. I'm so glad I stuck with her. Azama doesn't understand how lucky he and his daughter are.

Also also, Rinkah and Kaze married. I was already looking forward to getting Candace, but surprise surprise, the shenanigans affect Kaze's paralogue too. Because fuck me, that's why. Urgh...

36 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well... you are choosing not to use the actually good characters, 'sides Hinoka that is.

Speaking of her... Uhhh, so she's gotten four levels and she's still at base strength and speed. She can tank decently well with the guard naginata, but she deals shit damage to everything.

She... might hit the bench too, because she's just not that great, I'm afraid. Shame, I like her design, but it's just not to be it seems, and Scarlet appears to be right around the corner.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Speaking of her... Uhhh, so she's gotten four levels and she's still at base strength and speed. She can tank decently well with the guard naginata, but she deals shit damage to everything.

She... might hit the bench too, because she's just not that great, I'm afraid. Shame, I like her design, but it's just not to be it seems, and Scarlet appears to be right around the corner.

Isn't Hinoka one of the better characters, base + growth wise? I've never really seen her "useless". that must be some luck!

Damnit. They ruined Zola's character arc.

I can't believe it. I'm more disappointed about that than anything else in Fates's story. He had a better character arc than everyone else and they blew it. Fss...

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Isn't Hinoka one of the better characters, base + growth wise? I've never really seen her "useless". that must be some luck!

Well, it happened. Four levels, no strength, no speed. She's still hanging in there, but she's started to fall behind everyone else.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damnit. They ruined Zola's character arc.

I can't believe it. I'm more disappointed about that than anything else in Fates's story. He had a better character arc than everyone else and they blew it. Fss...

...Wha? Saint Rubenio, why do you torture yourself as such? Why not enjoy the finer things in life? Such as the collected stories of William Faulkner?

Edited by WraithReborn

Incredible. The AI just did what I thought I'd never see it do.

It moved back a unit that was blocking a spot so that Xander could move in and attack Rinkah.

...Thankfully, defense stance once again proved Shrimpy wrong by saving Rinkah's life, but... holy shit, this sort of advanced play is not what I'm accustomed to from a FE AI. Clearly I need to start listening to the game and get the hell outta dodge already. I mean, Fishtail was taken to the exit by Reina, I just thought I'd be stubborn and stick around for a while.

...Okay, maybe let Setsuna kill a great knight before we go.

7 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

...Wha? Saint Rubenio, why do you torture yourself as such? Why not enjoy the finer things in life? Such as the collected stories of William Faulkner?

Yes, it's probably about time I find a new book, it's been a couple weeks since I finished the last. I'm too lazy.

Morning comes, and my feet are still hammered. 

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Sounds like you were able to have fun in the end.

It was. There was one museum I wasn't allowed to hit up because nice weather outside, high admission, and the museum being ginormous. Still, there is always next time.

If you ever opt to visit Boston, I could offer a little advice.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Playing through Blaster Master Zero 3, now that I have a few Metroid games under my belt, has definitely solidified for me that when it comes to Metroidvanias, I prefer the "Metroid" part over the "Castlevania" part.

For those who don't know the difference, the "Metroid" part of the genre is the genre at it's purest: exploration and action. The "Castlevania" part throws in RPG mechanics into the mix, whether it's levels or crafting, etc. And they definitely change how the game is played.

I understand the leaning towards Metroid within the genre, and for me I think I like it more because my gaming menu is already heavy with RPG experiences.

I've read a lot of praise (never universal ofc) for Hollow Knight, which reads like a Metroid-leaning Metroidvania. Although I've also heard some criticism the bosses are too hard and checkpoints a little too spaced out, which turns me off for fear of being unable to complete it. There is also a sequel in the works called Silksong, but the devs have said nothing about it for quite a while, resulting in fears that it's in development hell.

Reina landed a 21% on Camilla.

That's right, show her who the real queen of the skies is.

Rather easy chapter. There was a bit of a scare when Camilla activated a dragon vein and wrecked Oboro, but thankfully, the general in range didn't move, for... some undiscernible reason.

And there we have 'em, Scarlet and Benchwarmer. Well... actually, I might want to keep Benchwarmer around to marry someone. His son's paralogue has a capturable boss, you see. He ain't gonna see a blade, though, you can rest assured of that.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incredible. The AI just did what I thought I'd never see it do.

It moved back a unit that was blocking a spot so that Xander could move in and attack Rinkah.

That... yeah, wow, I haven't ever seen AI do that in an FE game in a long, long time lol. I guess Fates AI is actually somewhat intelligent as opposed to, say, Tellius AI thinking having 0 hit on a target that ORKOs them is a perfectly viable one, or FE12 AI being hellbent on dealing damage above all else. Though at least the latter is somewhat menacing at times.

Totally unrelated, but I last night, I made a horrible, horrible decision. 

Screenshot_1208.png

HSoS again, but this time it's an ironman run. On Orthodox. I'm gonna die. 

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

That... yeah, wow, I haven't ever seen AI do that in an FE game in a long, long time lol. I guess Fates AI is actually somewhat intelligent as opposed to, say, Tellius AI thinking having 0 hit on a target that ORKOs them is a perfectly viable one, or FE12 AI being hellbent on dealing damage above all else. Though at least the latter is somewhat menacing at times.

Fates once again proving that it's the best FE, story and characters be damned.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

Totally unrelated, but I last night, I made a horrible, horrible decision. 

Screenshot_1208.png

HSoS again, but this time it's an ironman run. On Orthodox. I'm gonna die. 

Oh, shit. Well... good luck, man. Get Wario and his funny axe, they'll save your run.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, shit. Well... good luck, man. Get Wario and his funny axe, they'll save your run.

Thanks. I'm up to Ch4 now, only death was one of the pirate bros getting hit by a double Multichance proc from Zade and dying. I really, really want to keep Bald Wario alive when Ch5 rolls around so he can fund my army.

Spoiler

Also, remember that part in Chapter 2 where Adonsphair shows up and acts spooky? Well, the armor knight there spawned and immediately fucking ORKOd it. Can't say I expected that.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fates once again proving that it's the best FE, story and characters be damned.

Once again, IS realizes that something Kaga did in Berwick (smart AI) was a really good idea and implemented it... for 1 game. Great.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

His son's paralogue has a capturable boss, you see. He ain't gonna see a blade, though, you can rest assured of that.

Shiro's paralogue is hard. Marry Ryoma asap.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

Shiro's paralogue is hard. Marry Ryoma asap.

But they told me Birthright is braindead, the internet wouldn't lie to me

I will give him Azura, mostly because she's free. He'll pair up with her and stay there till they marry, then it's off to the bench with him.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, Setsuna Emblem time. I'm going to give Rinkah a seraph robe, because outside of her low HP she's my best tank. Somehow. Is that also weird, or is her defense growth super high or something?

iirc defense is her only good stat.

…she has a 45% personal speed growth. Huh.

Azama and Hinoka, of course! If you say it's bad, I need to see it for myself so I can laugh at it.

iirc the funniest one is the S-support, so yeah. I mean, they’re all bad, don’t worry, but just a heads up.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She's unironically good in my run, because I can't have a normal team, it seems.

She’s usually not that bad, since with her class growth rates, her offensive growths become decent.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Azama doesn't understand how lucky he and his daughter are.

Don’t leave Setsuna stuck with him! How cruel.

If you’re dead set on using her, reclass her to spear fighter/master (heart seal). That will help.

Actually, you’re playing on lunatic, so will it? Do the predetermined levels change across classes, since they have different growth rates? 🤔

Well... actually, I might want to keep Benchwarmer around to marry someone. His son's paralogue has a capturable boss, you see. He ain't gonna see a blade, though, you can rest assured of that.

You could have him pair up with Setsuna, so then she gets to be the queen of Hoshido after the game.

I’ll go read those supports.

Why is nobody stabbing Camilla? She's right there. Run her through and be done with it. Why did we let her get the jump on us? Why is everyone an idiot?

Because they wanted to put in the cutscene.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But they told me Birthright is braindead, the internet wouldn't lie to me

I will give him Azura, mostly because she's free. He'll pair up with her and stay there till they marry, then it's off to the bench with him.

Oh yeah, do Shrio’s paralogue immediately, especially on lunatic. He spawns in the middle of enemies whose levels scale to yours, but Shiro caps at 20 for the paralogue, so…

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Which is Shiro's paralouge again? Havent played BR in quite a while

The one where you’re in a desert and he starts in the middle surrounded by enemies, while you start in the southwest somewhat surrounded by enemies.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Only if you want Shiro alive. And only then if you wait until after Chapter 18.

Tarba is the important one.

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

iirc defense is her only good stat.

I mean, it's her best, she has like 17, but she also has great strength and speed. Her HP does leave something to be desired, but that's it.

47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don’t leave Setsuna stuck with him! How cruel.

You kiddin' me? She played him like a fiddle throughout their support and by the S she got him to willingly decide to change his dickish ways. She's a fucking genius. He's the one who should be worried, she could manipulate him into doing anything while making him feel like she's the idiot.

49 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you’re dead set on using her,

I'm not. I think she looks good, but Scarlet and Reina will replace her just fine in that department as well.

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You could have him pair up with Setsuna, so then she gets to be the queen of Hoshido after the game.

That'd have been funny, but... Eh, I don't regret my choices. She and Azama make a really dumb and cute couple, and when Azama promotes they'll make a beautiful murder-couple, too. Plus, she's already the queen of my heart anyway

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh yeah, do Shrio’s paralogue immediately, especially on lunatic. He spawns in the middle of enemies whose levels scale to yours, but Shiro caps at 20 for the paralogue, so…

I intend to do the paralogues after chapter 15, when Jakob joins. Kaze's paralogue should unlock then, too, if I understood things correctly.

44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well those supports were kind of not noteworthy, but it features Setsuna being Setsuna, so Ruben might like them? 

Hah!

Well, it happened. Four levels, no strength, no speed. She's still hanging in there, but she's started to fall behind everyone else.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

If you’re dead set on using her, reclass her to spear fighter/master (heart seal). That will help.

GODDESS

9DbadED.png

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Actually, you’re playing on lunatic, so will it? Do the predetermined levels change across classes, since they have different growth rates? 🤔

Yes, the predetermined levels are recalculated.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

The one where you’re in a desert and he starts in the middle surrounded by enemies, while you start in the southwest somewhat surrounded by enemies.

Right, thank you, Sooks!