Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Blaster Master Zero 3 review:

Blaster Master Zero 3 is a satisfying conclusion to a satisfying trilogy of Metroidvanias. The first game was solid, the second game made some improvements so naturally this game would continue that trend. But this game's structure is noticeably different compared to the previous two entries: it's a lot more linear. This game is the Metroid Fusion of the Blaster Master Zero games. Unless you were going for the 100%, there isn't really much backtracking here but the backtracking that is present is made pretty smooth as you're now able to teleport between save points and i'm honestly surprised it took this long for Inti Creates to implement that.

While the story itself is nothing too special, i do like how it ties into the original MetaFight and while the continuity probably isn't the exact same, it's a very neat thing as it acknowledges MetaFight, something the other Blaster Master games haven't really done since the localization screwed all that up back in the 80s.

i do think it was really funny to make Leibenz the partner character this time around. The entire game Leibenz is just being a complete asshole to Jason. Man just shows up inside the tank, modifies it, and says "deal with it" and it doesn't stop there. He wants Jason to suffer only because he doesn't like the guy and it's hilarious. Of course, Eve isn't around much as the entire point of the game is to save her, which makes it all the more rewarding when Jason finally reunites with her. And while the way this game ended does leave it open for a potential follow up, at the same time, it's a pretty conclusive ending and if this is the last game, then i am ok with that because the ending was very satisfactory for me.

If there's anything i have to criticize a bit, it's the difficulty. As far as weapons go, the ground combat is more balanced thanks to how gun levels have been revamped, but when it comes to the tank weapons, you're given one that deals bonus damage to metal enemies and this becomes super broken. The homing laser is also pretty broken. What i'm saying is that the game generally still feels on the easier side, not enough to be a snoozefest but i think i would appreciate a hard mode. There's also the life guards for both the tanks and the pilot and these are nice bonuses but at the same time, it does trivialize some fights......even if i needed them for a certain fight in the endgame lmao. All that said, some of the bosses having multiple health bars does at least mitigate the easier difficulty.

Inti Creates has put up a solid trilogy of Metroidvanias and i would recommend them to anyone, especially those looking for more "Metroid" style Metroidvanias. And at least for me, the BMZ trilogy and the 2D Metroid games have solidified my preference for the Metroid side of the genre.

9/10

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Killing Charlotte and Benny is going to be the hardest part of this. I have so much fun killing the royals, but these two... Damnit, I like you...!

Ruben rn:

E7jk21vWEA8CnNE?format=jpg&name=900x900

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Setsuna.

Setsuna.

Please stop.

You've reached 20 strength and you haven't even promoted yet.

My heart can't take much more of this.

Please...

This is what you wanted tho.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh my fucking God.

She capped strength before promotion.

She just... she capped strength before promotion.

Don't forget, no statboosters and I can't RNG-abuse levels because of lunatic difficulty. This is Setsuna all by herself.

What the absolute fuck... This is amazing.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is what you wanted tho.

I mean, yeah, but...

C'mon, everyone knows I'm not honestly complaining. If she capped strength it'd be like a dream come true.

"Each time I have sung that song, it was required."

Literally ten seconds ago: Azura sings the song while she's alone in some lake in the middle of nowhere and almosts turns herself into purple goo for absolutely no reason.

I'm glad that Azura makes no sense no matter the route. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Seriously, what the hell was that? Practice?

Ah, but no time to worry about that now. I must call my uncle from Nintendo and borrow their time machine again. I want female Gangrel in my team, right now!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Desist, Sooks. I will make redhead Dwyer happen, and then I'll use him, and there's nothing you can do to change that.

mOPI6x3.jpg

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously, what the hell was that? Practice?

I think she was trying to enter the secret third kingdom.

Aaaaaaa deployment slots. How can I enjoy killing Keaton when I have to bench some of my good units for it?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

mOPI6x3.jpg

Ahahahahahahahahahahah...

Okay, that's really funny, but unfortunately, I still want to get Dwyer, so... Yeah.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think she was trying to enter the secret third kingdom.

Oh, right. Gunter's there still, isn't he. So... we ever gonna save him, or is he just going to starve down there?

...Pfft, oh who am I kidding, I know the answer.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahahahahahahahahahah...

Okay, that's really funny, but unfortunately, I still want to get Dwyer, so... Yeah.

I just realized I accidentally said pair up Hinoka and Hisame instead of Hinoka and Hinata.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, right. Gunter's there still, isn't he. So... we ever gonna save him, or is he just going to starve down there?

...Pfft, oh who am I kidding, I know the answer.

Azura was probably bribing him his rations.

Of course, Corrin showed up and Corrin is Corrin, so he’s probably going hungry tonight.

Okay, so Keaton map is basically Kitsune Hell except marginally less annoying.

Emphasis on marginally, because instead of the shitty-ass hiding mechanic, there's just a thousand reinforcements. Urgh...

It's too late for this. I'll do it tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just realized I accidentally said pair up Hinoka and Hisame instead of Hinoka and Hinata.

For shame, Sooks. For shame.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Azura was probably bribing him his rations.

Of course, Corrin showed up and Corrin is Corrin, so he’s probably going hungry tonight.

It really just doesn't make any sense that Gunter is not rescued in this route, doesn't it... The set up is exactly the same, the only difference is that Corrin arrives 30 seconds earlier and interrupts Azura before she can open the portal. C'mon...

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It really just doesn't make any sense that Gunter is not rescued in this route, doesn't it... The set up is exactly the same, the only difference is that Corrin arrives 30 seconds earlier and interrupts Azura before she can open the portal. C'mon...

In universe yeah, but the people making the game likely said “noooo, you cannot get Nohrian knight in Hoshido route! Buy Conquest!”

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In universe yeah, but the people making the game likely said “noooo, you cannot get Nohrian knight in Hoshido route! Buy Conquest!”

But... you get the Nohrian maids.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The Gunter thing is quite weird when you factor the differences between Conquest and Revelation as well.

Yeah, I've heard he... plays a bit of a different role in Revelation. Different to the point where he seems like a completely different character. Or, I mean, I guess you can just say he's the world's greatest actor, but... I dunno, I'd rather think Revelation is just not canon lol. His interactions with Corrin in Conquest are really wholesome. What do you mean S support? That doesn't exist, I refuse to believe it does.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So Ruben is enjoying being hoshidian trash i take it?

Nah, I'm thinking it's really shit. Everything Kaga ever produced is better. And the characters are just plain bad, like, Setsuna is such a dumb character, I hate her.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

He simps for Setsuna now.

I wouldn't call it simping. It is more like... passionate appreciation. Let's go with that.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tfw blessed Setsuna

Wlnbxqek o

Capped strength, one point away from capped speed.

At level 19 unpromoted.

No statboosters, no RNG abuse (I mean I literally can't), no nothing. Just her being herself.

Woooooow.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I've heard he... plays a bit of a different role in Revelation. Different to the point where he seems like a completely different character. Or, I mean, I guess you can just say he's the world's greatest actor, but... I dunno, I'd rather think Revelation is just not canon lol

IMG_20210730_180544.jpg

IMG_20210730_180545.jpg

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Setsuna is such a dumb character, I hate her

Ruben being tsundere moment.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So Dudley the jerk decided to assist me, and I see his crafts are bonkers. 

Hit the bench hard, you cocky shit.

But le funny Justice Bullet OHKO tho.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Thanks for saving my time ^_^

Shrimpy, listen. I believe you are wrong. Now, don't worry about it - there is no shame in being incorrect. You simply must admit your mistakes and strive to change for the better. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Wth why does your Mozu look like Setsuna

Hahahahahahahahahah.

Mozu is dead.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

We all know Ruben is tsundere to anime as a whole.

Well, not as a whole... I'm not tsundere towards Berwick, for one.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shrimpy, listen. I believe you are wrong. Now, don't worry about it - there is no shame in being incorrect. You simply must admit your mistakes and strive to change for the better. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

????

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But le funny Justice Bullet OHKO tho.

Doesnt justify his "i'm clearly better than you!" Attitude. 

He'll never see any use from me.