• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Yaaay Jakob and Hinoka have fucked even though they hardly had any chemistry together. Also, Tarba joins us. I might use him, berserkers are fun and his design is gorgeous.

And now I get Dwyer. Holy shit, Hinoka's hair color looks amazing on this dude. I'm definitely using him, for that if nothing else. With Hinoka as his mom, he's definitely gonna be more of a combat guy. Hopefully he'll have good reclassing options for that... At any rate, I can already see that his personal skill might as well not exist. But still, I dig. Maybe he can hook up with Mitama, and they can compete to see which one of them can sleep the longest.

Tomorrow, though. Too late for another chapter.

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Good taste, Ruben! Xd

Thanks! Strikers is too good, honestly.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I'm thinking of using Selkie. Opinions?

Who’s her mom again?

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yaaay Jakob and Hinoka have fucked even though they hardly had any chemistry together.

Hinata was right there—

IMG_20210731_184153.jpg

Well it turns out if you want to 100% Metroid Prime 3, you are required to do a frame perfect double bomb jump. Spring Ball won't help here because you're on the Spider-Ball track.

😐 

Guess I won't be getting 100% on this game.

Edited by Armagon

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Who’s her mom again?

Oboro. Got Selkie a couple levels and she seems to be growing well. I'll keep her around. Thankfully Birthright is slightly more generous with the slots than Conquest.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hinata was right there—

What's with the obsession with Hinata? I wasn't even using the guy! I didn't like his design or his personality or his class! What could I possibly want that guy for?

...wait, is he like, your favorite character and I just trashed him? If so, well... Sorry. But still, I wanted Dwyer, goddamnit! What's so wrong with Dwyer!?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's with the obsession with Hinata? I wasn't even using the guy! I didn't like his design or his personality or his class! What could I possibly want that guy for?

...wait, is he like, your favorite character and I just trashed him? If so, well... Sorry. But still, I wanted Dwyer, goddamnit! What's so wrong with Dwyer!?

Hinata is fun dude.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

Hinata is fun dude.

Eh. Maybe. But at some point I have to make decisions based on first impressions. I don't have infinite deloyment slots, y'know.

I hear you, though. Past experience (read, Charlotte) proves appearances can be deceiving. Maybe in another run.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh. Maybe. But at some point I have to make decisions based on first impressions. I don't have infinite deloyment slots, y'know.

I hear you, though. Past experience (read, Charlotte) proves appearances can be deceiving. Maybe in another run.

Well, just the fact that you might play Birthright again is a good sign!

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tbh, you could pay me a million dollars to tell you about Hinata's personality and I still wouldn't be able to come up with a single thing.

5 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Well, just the fact that you might play Birthright again is a good sign!

I like how everyone is in shock that I'm liking Birthright lol

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbh, you could pay me a million dollars to tell you about Hinata's personality and I still wouldn't be able to come up with a single thing.

He was... Kinda cheerful I think? And blunt? I don't know, he had like two lines and I was more interested in Oboro. Not for the reason you're thinking, get your mind outta the gutter.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Hey, like whatever you want, man.

I'm mostly neutral to Fates, mostly since I've yet to play any of the three routes.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He was... Kinda cheerful I think? And blunt? I don't know, he had like two lines and I was more interested in Oboro. Not for the reason you're thinking, get your mind outta the gutter.

Tsundere Ruben.

lurrUKcU_o.png

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not that it has stopped me from writing fanfics about it.

Where? I don't see anything in your signature...

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Where? I don't see anything in your signature...

Well, I... what I've been uploaded is elsewhere... and not under my usual username. Long I've debated if to share them... but well, considering what I write for, I have my reservations.

You know what. That's it. I'm tired of having that attitude when it comes to what I write. If anyone is interested, I'll PM you a link to where I host most of what I write... and you're free to judge me however you please... in private, I'd wish.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Final boss was easy af

The only good final boss fight in the entire series.

If only the actual character was well-written. How ironic, the best final boss fight happens to involve the worst villain in the series.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh wow so fast! Grats!

Arrange of the final dungeon theme!

Give it a listen^^

Btw how did you like that final dungeon intro?

Thank you!!!

Will do!

Wont go into alot of detail right now, but the endgame portion was the best point of the game to me!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The only good final boss fight in the entire series.

If only the actual character was well-written. How ironic, the best final boss fight happens to involve the worst villain in the series.

I expected some challenge in Nightmare Mode tbh, I got a joke of a fight instead. Generic enemies were more difficult!

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

expected some challenge in Nightmare Mode tbh, I got a joke of a fight instead. Generic enemies were more difficult!

He's the only final boss that feels fair. Everyone else has either too much HP, a stupid gimmick, or both.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oboro. Got Selkie a couple levels and she seems to be growing well. I'll keep her around. Thankfully Birthright is slightly more generous with the slots than Conquest.

Ah yeah, keep her around then.

I just like his supports with Hinoka.

No, seriously, that’s it. I don’t think I’ve ever actually used him.

Who would've thought those pre-battle -sol sprays would make such a big difference? From taking 20 minutes to destroy the appendages alone to taking ~15 for the entire fight. Having almost every buff applied to everyone as soon as the fight begins with like five minutes made colossal world of difference. I ripped right through everything, the boss never even Doomed me this time around. The imbalance is insane.

Then came the next boss, which started fair enough, I thought it even a little easy. But after staggering it once I got it down to about 40k HP, and while I could strip off about another 10k of it, I kept failing to stagger the thing and its self-healing, which I thought negligible earlier in the fight, was now outpacing my rate of damage output. I won solely via an Odin summon to push past the healing.

Everyone has every Role unlocked now, but they're all unbelievably expensive. I understand wanting to avoid making all characters identical with the unlocking of full Role flexibility, but they went overboard. No point in making someone one of the three Roles they don't get before they all unlock, it'd take entire mountain ranges' worth of points for them to get good at it, which also equates to eons to achieve. 

The, what I assume to be last, tier of nodes in the Crystariums are exorbitant in cost as well. But if this is the last of the nodes, then I guess they need to force Crystogen Point heatsinks on the player that'll last until the game is over. And they're what I'll prioritize with everyone, those extra ATB bars being priority number one. 

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

And this is why insta-kill moves in the hands of the enemy are bad, especially if there's not much you can do about it.

Actually, I'm kinda used to them in SMT, I don't usually complain about insta-kill there. That, despite all mainline games and some spinoffs before IV made it so MC death = Game Over. This is mostly because I expect it, and I have ways of mitigating it. I keep a decent demon with Tetraja around at all times once I find the skill, and I'll gear my MC with Expel and or Death (b/c SMT traditionally has two insta-kill elements) resistant or immune equipment. Unblockable insta-kills are pretty rare in SMT, but not nonexistent unfortunately.

And I wouldn't mind it in this frustrating case in FFXIII, were it not for death of the character you're controlling = Game Over. Doesn't matter if the other two are still alive, doesn't matter if I'd stand a good shot of winning if those living AIs could toss a revival item or spell on me.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Do you utelise Sabouer at all? If not, if reccomend it highly!

Only a little. Ailments don't seem accurate enough, nor deadly enough. Slow has been useful in a few cases, and on paper I can see the value to a bunch of other ailments, but I've only three characters in battle and every second is precious. Staying alive, building up stagger, and pounding out the hurt all take priority over a chance of ailing my foes for a while.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not that it has stopped me from writing fanfics about it.

As I've said before, same. Although I've basically lost the meticulous fanfics now, buried as they are on my old and near-totally defunct computer.

Hinata is a bit on the weak side. You have a slight liking for the underpowered, albeit probably not as much as a disliking for the overpowered. Hinata tries to be a Samurai/Myrmidon who trades some Skill and Speed for concrete durability.

Alas, alright bases aside, Hinata flubbed it, big time. His pre-class growths total 235, a not-insignificant 30 below fellow Samurai Hana, and a disgusting 65 points below Ryoma. 235 is pretty bad, Setsuna is worse at 225, but that is as low as it goes other than four old Corrinsexuals. At 20/20 on average spent entirely in Samurai/Swordmaster, Hinata IIRC has 5 HP and 1 Def over Ryoma, who trounces him in all the other stats, and that's not factoring in the awesome Rajinto only Ryoma can use. Hinata does have a bigger concrete durability leads over Hana, who is at serious risk of being OHKO'ed on Lunatic, but she like Ryoma owns 'nata badly in Spd and Str. Hinata's personal Spd growth is 15%, that is low enough to be problematic even for a Swordmaster, and Hana has a 55% Str growth compared tp his slightly below average 35%.

Hinata does have access to the rather rare Oni Savage classline to emphasize his supposedly viable physical durability. But his glacial Spd will become even more of hindrance there, as it will kill his already lacking offense, although Clubs having good Hit will compensate somewhat for his shabby Skill. And since Hinata has low Res, it means he'll be susceptible to ORKO via a magic doubling or close to it; Wary Fighter could sorta fix that -but it's a Nohr-only skill so Hinata is out of luck.

In the end, the only real use I can find for Hinata is as someone's Defensive Stance backpack. Here, Hinata is versatile and his crappy stats don't matter. Coming at level 10, Hinata needs no training to use a Master Seal, and once he does, you have options. Samurai/Swordmaster will let him give someone +4/5 Spd. Master of Arms gives a balanced +2 Str/Skl/Spd/Def.  Toss him a Heart Seal to Oni Savage/Chieftain and you'll get +4 Str and +2/4 Def, a rarity on Birthright.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well it turns out if you want to 100% Metroid Prime 3, you are required to do a frame perfect double bomb jump. Spring Ball won't help here because you're on the Spider-Ball track.

You know I can understand how that feels.🙂

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Only a little. Ailments don't seem accurate enough, nor deadly enough. Slow has been useful in a few cases, and on paper I can see the value to a bunch of other ailments, but I've only three characters in battle and every second is precious. Staying alive, building up stagger, and pounding out the hurt all take priority over a chance of ailing my foes for a while.

Use it when the enemy is staggered. 

Oh and if possible, always try to inflict poison. 

Edited by lightcosmo

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I wouldn't mind it in this frustrating case in FFXIII, were it not for death of the character you're controlling = Game Over. Doesn't matter if the other two are still alive, doesn't matter if I'd stand a good shot of winning if those living AIs could toss a revival item or spell on me.

If this bothers you, your in luck that XIII-2 forces you to switch characters when the leader kicks the bucket.