Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

No context Ace Attorney:

hCQqyzf.jpg

RAG4O1Z.jpg

qLvbGKi.jpg

Why does Ryunosuke have different hair colors?

Or is the one at the top a younger version?

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Could that be because only 3 was originally made for the Wiimote?

I bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii U so no, that wasn't it.

I just had a lot of issues with the first two Primes.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You are a rare breed indeed, picking the first game as best. I'd like to hear why.

Here's my review

My reviews for the other Metroid games (and other games in general) are on my profile's "Reviews" tab, if you wanna check that out.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(Would you try AM2R if you could find it?)

Probably not.

Like maaaaaybe if i'm bored but i don't do much fangames in the first place.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The investigation segments of AA are in first person, so Ryunosuke is only in the first image. The blond guy (and the alleged friend-eater) is the one and only Herlock Sholmes.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Different character in the last two pics, "Sherlock Holmes but not really since we can't pay license fees and his Public Domain status is very in the gray zone right now but in Japan he totally is because different rules or something".

In AA games, whenever outside the courtroom, you play in 1st Person.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The investigation segments of AA are in first person, so Ryunosuke is only in the first image. The blond guy (and the alleged friend-eater) is the one and only Herlock Sholmes.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Different character in the last two pics, "Sherlock Holmes but not really since we can't pay license fees and his Public Domain status is very in the gray zone right now but in Japan he totally is because different rules or something".

In AA games, whenever outside the courtroom, you play in 1st Person.

Ohhhhh ok.

See i knew that it was first person in the other games but that was only because i know what Phoenix and the gang look like.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Me for the last two months:

DAAAAAYYYYYYYNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIII

Hug Anime GIF - Hug Anime Cartoon - Discover & Share GIFs

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Seriously, what have I missed everyone

My free time is nearing zero and college is kicking my ass. Oh, you're talking about the thread.

Well, I paused my Thracia LP for the above reasons, finished Banner Saga 1 and Conquest Lunatic twice and posted a review and started a Pokemon X hardcore nuzlocke.

Lately, I only come here to say good morning to people and make sassy remarks for Ruben and Sooks and pseudo-philosophical ones for Draggy.

Still a bit hesitant about starting the next Trails games, probably gonna explore playing Sky again. The quality is soooo much better, I just have troubles following Crossbell arc in comparison.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I am, however, considering using Fuga. I don't know, the guy doesn't exist anywhere else. I'm thinking I might make an exception for him. Maybe I'll even have Corrin marry him, since I don't think anybody else has ever done that before. We'll see. I still have to beat Birthright, anyway.

Fuga is pretty good. Master of Arms means he comes with three good weapon ranks, with a nice but not perfect set of classes that can mostly utilize those weapon ranks. Base stats are very solid. But don't expect much more from Fuga, as his pre-class growths total 100, the second-lowest in the game, losing only to Gunter's 50, generics have more than him.

Overall, solid later game filler, able to fit into any team as soon as he can make his head glisten in a level 3 Hot Spring.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

AND ADVANDE WARS IS ALIVE HOLY SHIT THE FIRST GAME GETS A REMAKE

I think the deal could be a little sweeter at slightly lower price or if they'd thrown Dual Strike into the fold. And, I can understand why some people don't like the new visuals (Max and Drake definitely could do with less chin). But, overall, I am absolutely happy about a glimmer of hope for the franchise again. Fire Emblem's pure strategy sister does not deserve to be forgotten.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

What else... That's it! I hadn't even gotten round to bonking everyone like I was expected to!

Nice to see you back.😀

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Seriously, what have I missed everyone (Moments like this almost make me want a way to notify a whole thread at once)?

I haven't been playing a whole lot. I bought and finished Shantae and the Seven Sirens, still not as good as Pirate's Curse, but it's at least a 7. I then went to Bug Fables I bought in the same sale my review here.

While I bought CrossCode also in that sale to use up the last of my Xmas money, I haven't gotten to it yet. I've decided to tackle first a game that's been in my backlog for a couple years- Le Infame Fantasy XIII. I'm somewhere over halfway into it, not sure what my final score for the game would be yet, or if I'd even settle on one in this case. But it isn't a train wreck, nor outright bad -except for the Eidolon fights, which I almost all hate.

My cravings for a gaming laptop continue to nag at me, despite continued recognition I should get a job to not feel so very guilty about the very expensive purchase. I'm just waiting for the right one to come in, I have a very clear idea of what it is.

I'm doing a little reading right now as well, to keep the mind stimulated. A history of Medieval siege warfare, high/late Medieval to be precise, nothing pre-11th century. Anecdotes described include:

• An Arab ship that restocked a blocked and besieged Arab port city by shaving beards, dressing like Europeans, and having pigs -Islam's True Enemy- run around on the upper decks. When the Christian blockade asked why one of their boats was sailing into an enemy port, the ship responded "You haven't taken the city already? We'll turn around then, trust us. You better go and alert that other ship some distance behind us." and now ignored by the busied Christians, it went and resupplied the Arab defenders.
  • Saladin, during a siege of a Christian city, saw a wedding was going on and asked where the marital quarters were so that he wouldn't ruin the happy times inside with the giant rocks flying in via trebuchets.
  • A chivalrous Arab in Muslim Spain attempted to make siege on a city containing his Christian enemy's wife, thinking he would abandon his position and come to save his beloved. When the Christian wife sent a plea "This town has no army stationed here, only an innocent, delicate woman" to the Arab, he out of courtesy to her abandoned his siege. The plea was in fact a ruse by the woman get her husband the time necessary to finish the reconquista of the Arab's territory, and it did.
  • For one English castle, the owner decided to build an artificial lake to protect it.
  • One German emperor attached live captives to his siege towers, and put giant candles next to them to make sure the besieged enemy could see them at night. If the defenders dared to try to stop the siege towers, they'd have to live with the guilt of killing their own people in the process.
  • The Siege of Orleans would have likely failed even if the French La Pucelle hadn't shown up and entered the pages of history, as the siege was so far from total envelopment that it wouldn't have been difficult at all for Orleans to stay well-supplied.
  • Cross-dressing once got five men into a city and allowed their army to take it later that day without firing a single shot.
  • One nobleman vowed he would not give up a siege of a town until he was inside it. When he had to give up the siege, the townspeople were nice enough to let him and an entourage of ten soldiers in, wherein they allowed the man to fulfill his oath by holding the keys to the city for a few hours.

While it was entirely possible for a city to surrender and be left intact, siege warfare wasn't always nice. If you surrendered at the first announcement of the siege, you were left entirely intact, usually. And by "first announcement", a siege was formally preceded by the ceremonial sounding of trumpets and other horns, followed by a peaceful envoy sent to the city/castle gates asking for permission to meet with the enemy elite inside and petition the city/castle's surrender. A siege only officially began once the first blow happened, usually the besieger shooting their first arrow/rock/cannonball. If you surrendered sometime during the siege but before it was clearly "won", there was a pretty good but far from certain chance of everything remaining peaceful. If you refused to surrender to the bitter end and the walls were breached and siege was victoriously completed, then you were as doomed as cluck. Three days of plundering with no restrictions whatsoever was the European norm.

As monarchs couldn't pay their soldiers in full, the financial benefits of plunder was their incentive to take up arms. A monarch might not find it in their best interest to ransack a city, particularly if they intended to add to their territories, but you'd also have to appease the soldiers levied and mercenary alike working for you right now. Reminds me of premodern tax collectors in some places actually- if you don't let the collectors take some money to enrich themselves, then they won't want to do the job in the first place. Also, if city paid a bribe to conditionally surrender with promises of being safe from pillage, the common soldiers didn't like it. This is because the bribe money was selfishly split among besiegers' commanders, none of it trickled down to the masses, and so they could rightfully argue their bosses got their war booty in a sense, while they the little guys were left high and dry without a shred of loot. 

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Also 100% TWEWY's items and pins, but with the sequel here there was little choice on my part

Ah, so you have it and have been playing NEO? I remember you were looking forward to it. Although I can't get past my weird "I should not like this game" mindset with TWEWY, I am thinking of nabbing the sequel eventually. The reviews have been pretty positive from what I've seen.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Man why'd you leak Project X Zone 3 like that?

I was in doubt that that could likely happen, due to licensing issues. But with SRW 30 bringing the licensing madness that is that franchise in its mainline form abroad for the first time, I can't truly say it'd be highly improbable now.

...Now if you excuse me, I have to listen to Time to Come again, because SRW won't get out of my head.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Like maaaaaybe if i'm bored but i don't do much fangames in the first place.

Same. As grateful as I am for fan translations, fangames can't escape a certain air about them. Although a great deal of unpaid effort may be poured into them that is worth respecting, the lack of legitimacy makes them less alluring to me. 

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That was back in March.

On that subject, since I kept failing finding another job, I ended up signing for another apprenticeship in that government program I took last year. Which began today. Though it was more a short introduction, and won't properly start until next week or so.

Is there much of an opportunity for continuation beyond the initial period?

Don't talk about Jobsbridge II, Don't talk about Jobsbridge II

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii U so no, that wasn't it.

I just had a lot of issues with the first two Primes.

Alright.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

DAAAAAYYYYYYYNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIII

Hug Anime GIF - Hug Anime Cartoon - Discover & Share GIFs

Good to see you there.

Ow.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

My free time is nearing zero and college is kicking my ass. Oh, you're talking about the thread.

Well, I paused my Thracia LP for the above reasons, finished Banner Saga 1 and Conquest Lunatic twice and posted a review and started a Pokemon X hardcore nuzlocke.

Lately, I only come here to say good morning to people and make sassy remarks for Ruben and Sooks and pseudo-philosophical ones for Draggy.

Ah yes, the all consuming. So it's started up already fro you?

Yeah I got to see you hate the fog just today. How's the Nuzlocke going?

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think the deal could be a little sweeter at slightly lower price or if they'd thrown Dual Strike into the fold. And, I can understand why some people don't like the new visuals (Max and Drake definitely could do with less chin). But, overall, I am absolutely happy about a glimmer of hope for the franchise again. Fire Emblem's pure strategy sister does not deserve to be forgotten.

Yeah, 60 for 1,2+DS would be well worth it.

I wonder how they'll treat the COs, will they be balanced from one game in particular or will both games be treated separately?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I haven't been playing a whole lot. I bought and finished Shantae and the Seven Sirens, still not as good as Pirate's Curse, but it's at least a 7. I then went to Bug Fables I bought in the same sale my review here.

While I bought CrossCode also in that sale to use up the last of my Xmas money, I haven't gotten to it yet. I've decided to tackle first a game that's been in my backlog for a couple years- Le Infame Fantasy XIII. I'm somewhere over halfway into it, not sure what my final score for the game would be yet, or if I'd even settle on one in this case. But it isn't a train wreck, nor outright bad -except for the Eidolon fights, which I almost all hate.

My cravings for a gaming laptop continue to nag at me, despite continued recognition I should get a job to not feel so very guilty about the very expensive purchase. I'm just waiting for the right one to come in, I have a very clear idea of what it is.

Don't have Seven Sirens yet, but like I mentioned finished the main story for HGH recently and I really enjoyed it (e.g. a slight sequence break using the spider form).

As for FFXIII, you have all the playable characters yet?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah, so you have it and have been playing NEO? I remember you were looking forward to it. Although I can't get past my weird "I should not like this game" mindset with TWEWY, I am thinking of nabbing the sequel eventually. The reviews have been pretty positive from what I've seen.

Looking forward to it went into full hype when I tried the demo, which happened after I disappeared. Bought it day one, I would describe my thoughts so far but it's out a week and spoilers are in full effect. Gameplay wise however, I have been able to play Hard to some consistent degree after getting.... better at the basic motions of combat.

With not being able to play much the last few days after a first two where I was going ham I've had some thinking on it that's dulled my joy a little, but not massively so.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Saladin, during a siege of a Christian city, saw a wedding was going on and asked where the marital quarters were so that he wouldn't ruin the happy times inside with the giant rocks flying in via trebuchets.

This sounds like something he'd do. Absolute wingking.

Yes I know that makes no sense considering the guy who he's helping's married.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is there much of an opportunity for continuation beyond the initial period?

Don't talk about Jobsbridge II, Don't talk about Jobsbridge II

It was more that I didn't sought to renew the contract. Job wasn't sitting well with me. Literally, since I had to stay standing for hours and my legs just couldn't take it.

That feeling when you complete a character’s side quest so they give you half off any one item in their shop, but you’ve already bought their entire stock.

Completionist moment.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

As for FFXIII, you have all the playable characters yet?

I've reached Gran Pulse, but not the village I'm told is there just yet, got to get through some Fal'Cie's tower first.

Fang character-wise is my favorite.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I wonder how they'll treat the COs, will they be balanced from one game in particular or will both games be treated separately?

I'm thinking they'll have to be treated separately. I can't see them adding Super CO powers to AW1, and we don't need Kanbei getting buffed another 10% offense & defense in the main campaign. Max is gonna make IS's other GBA Blue Musclehead look like a crumbling gingerbread house yet again, worship the 50% direct attack bonus!

They'll also have to preserve the old, exploitable AI I think, since I can't see some AW1 campaign fights being very winnable without the GBA stupidity. 

21 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ah yes, the all consuming. So it's started up already fro you?

Yes. Which leads me to...

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

How's the Nuzlocke going?

Paused too. Got 2 badges and lost 2 Pokémon, Ruben the Pansage and Derrick the Vivillon.

Lucario + Power-Up Punch = OP.

24 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah I got to see you hate the fog just today.

The worst mechanic ever created by Kaga.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A chivalrous Arab in Muslim Spain attempted to make siege on a city containing his Christian enemy's wife, thinking he would abandon his position and come to save his beloved. When the Christian wife sent a plea "This town has no army stationed here, only an innocent, delicate woman" to the Arab, he out of courtesy to her abandoned his siege. The plea was in fact a ruse by the woman get her husband the time necessary to finish the reconquista of the Arab's territory, and it did.

Deception: 100

I think that's an example of the Empty Fort Strategy. 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although a great deal of unpaid effort may be poured into them that is worth respecting, the lack of legitimacy makes them less alluring to me. 

At least for me, i'd rather play more original stuff. I mean, i guess you could say AM2R has enough content in it to be it's own thing, given how barebones Metroid II was but at the end of the day, it's still a fan-remake. And Metroid doesn't really have any fangames that aren't just remakes or hacks of existing games.

All the Fates talk here has really gotten me in a Conquest mood… but I want to continue with the Trails in the Sky trilogy as well. Gah… Conquest or Sky 3rd? Decisions, decisions…

Well, I should probably finish Skyward Sword first, since I’m so close. But after that, I don’t know. Conquest or Sky 3rd…

Haaaaaa, so, by some mistaken/blunder/neglect/carelessness from my part from apparently months ago, I got kicked out of the government program since it was my second run through it out of the two allowed. So, my apprenticeship is also over, the very day it began.

Current and perpetual mood: pre-timeskip Marianne

43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All the Fates talk here has really gotten me in a Conquest mood… but I want to continue with the Trails in the Sky trilogy as well. Gah… Conquest or Sky 3rd? Decisions, decisions…

Well, I should probably finish Skyward Sword first, since I’m so close. But after that, I don’t know. Conquest or Sky 3rd…

Sky 3rd then use Conquest as a break before you play the Crossbell games.

36 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haaaaaa, so, by some mistaken/blunder/neglect/carelessness from my part from apparently months ago, I got kicked out of the government program since it was my second run through it out of the two allowed. So, my apprenticeship is also over, the very day it began.

I'm sorry that had to happen. That sucks.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

I am back! What did I miss?

Dayni’s back, Ruben’s been playing Birthright (I don’t remember if you were here for some of that) and I completed the ancient cistern, which I thought was pretty good, and then I completed the sand ship and fire sanctuary, both of which I thought were fantastic.

@Shrimperor @lightcosmo how long is Sky 3rd?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sky 3rd then use Conquest as a break before you play the Crossbell games.

I just might, do you remember how long Sky 3rd was btw? Idk when you played it.

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I’m sorry that happened, but you’re bound to get a job or something of that sort at some point, so I’d keep trying.