Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (2015)

Nah, Brithright. Remember, Kiryu Corrin doesn't kill anyone in Conquest.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Halfway through the endgame of Project X Zone 2. It's a defend/kill boss map where a specific group of enemies respawn after two turns.

No joke when i say this is probably the toughest map in the game that isn't the bonus NG+ challenges. 

...I mean i'm still breaking the game so the map isn't that tough. But there's actually some thought required here.

Edited by Armagon

35 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dont feel bad! Im one of those that had a reaction of sorts to it. So I know how that feels.

I don’t know if I would call this a reaction, just an expected feeling of generally under the weather. Which is good, because that means the vaccine is doing its job.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Halfway through the endgame of Project X Zone 2. It's a defend/kill boss map where a specific group of enemies respawn after two turns.

Defend map, huh. Reminds me of SRW Alpha Gaiden, which was also Defend/KillFinalBoss, where the area to defend was 5x5 tiles big. Not too bad, since you can deploy enough units to wall it, and the 5x5 area is entirely made of HP/EN regen effects, so you can camp... though some of the enemies had long range attacks.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

btw @Armagon, how many attempts did it take for you to beat Hades?

Uhhhh not counting how I inflated the counter by grinding God Mode, I think like 60.

Cause you don't actually beat Hades until you clear it 10 times.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Defend map, huh. Reminds me of SRW Alpha Gaiden, which was also Defend/KillFinalBoss, where the area to defend was 5x5 tiles big. Not too bad, since you can deploy enough units to wall it, and the 5x5 area is entirely made of HP/EN regen effects, so you can camp... though some of the enemies had long range attacks.

You can wall off the defend zones here as well although a good chunk of the enemies don't move until you get close enough which means I have to send someone out.

Just now, Armagon said:

You can wall off the defend zones here as well although a good chunk of the enemies don't move until you get close enough which means I have to send someone out.

The enemy AI in that SRW map was kinda smart on that matter. You were assaulted from three direction. Of every group, half would snipe from afar while the other half would attack from close range. But like I said, the defend zone gave regeneration bonuses, so it's possible to endure the assault, then send units over to attack the snipers.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Uhhhh not counting how I inflated the counter by grinding God Mode, I think like 60.

Cripes, I think you'll beat it faster than me... I've yet to get past the floor after the Minotaur after 15 goes at it...

I have nothing against you, I'm just overly competitive and wanted to see if I could clear the game faster than you.

This sort of stuff should happen more often in SRW:

That and in the inverse. It was common in the old games, but I think in the newer games it's rare to none. Then SRW DD started doing its own thing too with their cross-piloting events. That's cool, and should happen in the mainline games again.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

the numerous gang encounters that are occasionally unavoidable, such as the guys with whips and spears in Huntsman's copse who group aggro from their pillars, makes the game less fun for me.

Small piece of advice, keep a bow as a side weapon just to control the aggro some enemies, activating those guys one at a time with the bow, and switching to your melee weapon to deal with them individually instead of taking them on all at once.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I remember once doing a Nuzlocke. For FireRed. Never finished it. Just... got bored with it I guess. I made a LP thread about it here on Serenes. Should still be there... somewhere.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

I should have picked Turtwig so that Ike (Yes that's the rival name) had the obvious starter pick for him in Chimchar.

Regardless, Michiah and Piplup won. Sadly Piplup's -Sp.Atk (Careful nature).

My first was also FireRed. I had a pretty easy run of it admittedly partly because I had Alakazam. I did a couple of others (one monotype, couple of others), but it's been a good long while since I last did so.

During my month away, I ended up doing my first Nuzlocke(s) on the original Pokemon Red, and had a lot of fun with it thanks to my massive knowledge about all of the Gen 1 jank, getting two clears without much grinding ( none of my team members got to level 50, even on the champion fight in both winning runs). Admittedly about half of my attempts ended in the first fight, one run ended in Mt. Moon as I underestimated the danger of this random rocket with a Raticate (Hyper Fang crits are scary early game, and thanks to Gen 1 jank crits are based on base speed, which gives Raticate a good crit rate), and my first run to get out of Mt. Moon ended due to my attempt to grind my team for the Elite Four, instead of just yoloing it like in the winning runs.

I recently started a Gen 2 run, where I was using a Legend of Zelda naming scheme, and against all odds, my Dark Cave encounter ended up being the 1% Dunsparce encounter, and it was destiny. That run is going to be the Legend of Zelda, the Dunsparce, and I will make her the star of the team. So far I managed to get her to sweep Falkner by using a classic Ghost and Flying type pivot to run his first pokemon out of Mud-Slap, before switching to Dunsparce to setup enough defense curls to take a few hits, and then swept with Rage.

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Lmao. I had no idea he was decent at that time. i know he was in G/S/C since the punch TM's made him OP still.

There wasn't much of a change in Alakazam's relevance because it still had the punch options, though there were some newer options to counter like the Beldum line.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

During my month away, I ended up doing my first Nuzlocke(s) on the original Pokemon Red, and had a lot of fun with it thanks to my massive knowledge about all of the Gen 1 jank, getting two clears without much grinding ( none of my team members got to level 50, even on the champion fight in both winning runs). Admittedly about half of my attempts ended in the first fight, one run ended in Mt. Moon as I underestimated the danger of this random rocket with a Raticate (Hyper Fang crits are scary early game, and thanks to Gen 1 jank crits are based on base speed, which gives Raticate a good crit rate), and my first run to get out of Mt. Moon ended due to my attempt to grind my team for the Elite Four, instead of just yoloing it like in the winning runs.

I recently started a Gen 2 run, where I was using a Legend of Zelda naming scheme, and against all odds, my Dark Cave encounter ended up being the 1% Dunsparce encounter, and it was destiny. That run is going to be the Legend of Zelda, the Dunsparce, and I will make her the star of the team. So far I managed to get her to sweep Falkner by using a classic Ghost and Flying type pivot to run his first pokemon out of Mud-Slap, before switching to Dunsparce to setup enough defense curls to take a few hits, and then swept with Rage.

Gen 1 jank is my main reason I never want to go back to be honest. I also certainly wasn't that low level in my first run either, couldn't convince myself to be that underlevelled at the time. Nor will I make the mistake of my first Platinum playthrough and be < 55 against Cynthia.

Is the Dunsparce named Moosh? I find it funny that you went out of your way just to ensure that Mud-Slap wouldn't be any issue (The pivot of course just preventing damage on top of that).

Just had my first half scare where in my attempt to capture a Starly, Bidoof Crean had to be switched out rather than risk a crit (thankfully Starly Earhart didn't break out of the next ball). Why yes everyone is an explorer of some sort so far.

Edited by Dayni

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Gen 1 jank is my main reason I never want to go back to be honest. I also certainly wasn't that low level in my first run either, couldn't convince myself to be that underlevelled at the time. Nor will I make the mistake of my first Platinum playthrough and be < 55 against Cynthia.

Its only the magic of Gen 1 jank that let me get away with being that under-leveled, and I doubt I will be that underleveled on the Gen 2 run.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Just had my first half scare where in my attempt to capture a Starly, Bidoof Cream had to be switched out rather than risk a crit (thankfully Starly Earhart didn't break out of the next ball).

Good job playing around the crit!

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Why yes everyone is an explorer of some sort so far.

That sounds like a fun naming theme (although I do not know enough explorers to be able to keep up without google).

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That sounds like a fun naming theme (although I do not know enough explorers to be able to keep up without google).

I had to look to avoid getting Piplup Amundsen wrong. No, I don't know them that well to avoid it. Still a better naming scheme than the one where every one was an FF protagonist, I barely scraped by on female characters.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Gen 1 jank is my main reason I never want to go back to be honest.

But that's the best part; my Red Randomiser Nuzlocke (up to and including 6th Gen) on SF is the best screenshot LP on the forums.

So, I got an Intimidate Shinx.

It's Modest.

So close to great.

4 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

But that's the best part; my Red Randomiser Nuzlocke (up to and including 6th Gen) on SF is the best screenshot LP on the forums.

Well that sounds kinda terrifying. Are all the moves carried over too or is everything working off just the Gen 1 moves?

Since I removed Gay Fates, I'm going to have to rethink my pairings. I think I'll marry Laslow to Charlotte, because I wanna see how the philanderer handles that woman, then Camilla can become Benny's backpack so I get uber Iggy, then Xander can get his favorite psychopath. I kinda wanna give Nyx to Leo and Felicia to Odin, just to mix things up since I did the opposite before, but Odin and Nyx are already at B... Meh. Fuck it, I'm doing it anyway.

Bitter intrigue done. We carved a path through one poison vase and then Haitaka manhandled Ryoma. I finally noticed after two runs that there's a door to the treasure, so Niles took that route. Unfortunately, the very Kaga vase that left Niles stuck in place prevented me from getting both chests, but... Eh, I'd rather have the gold anyway.

Neither Mozu and Niles nor Azura and Elfuigi have reached A support yet. Damn them for being slow. Why can't they fall in love more quickly?

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

we need a patch to remove Garon's groan's during Azura's song

We need a patch to remove Garon from the game entirely.

...I'd be the only person on Earth who wouldn't use it, but hey. I'd be happy for everyone else!

In other news, I finished Layton 1. That was... surprisingly long, actually. Didn't expect to get 13 hours out of it, I thought it'd be shorter. Really fun, though, I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. I think I'll hunt down the four puzzles I've left and then move on to the second one.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Ruben, you really enjoy Conquest, don't you?

I mean, it's not my second favorite FE for nothing! In many ways it beats New Mystery, though having no map saves and a cast that I generally enjoy a bit less (not to say I have no favorites in Fates, but it's less consistent because the royals exist) give NMotE an edge. They're really close, though.