Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why the bolt axe in particular? It seems like a really mediocre option to me. Axe users aren't exactly known for their magic, and the stoneborns cannot be doubled

I am guessing people are thinking about Elise with that suggestion, as her heart seal class is wyvern, and she has great magic (although getting her the ranks to use it is a bit of a chore).

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Eltosian Kadath did do a Royal less pair up less run, maybe he can help?

Technically it was without the prepromoted Royals, so no Xander, Camilla, or Leo. The support abilities on Elise, the dancing ability of Azura, and the general usefulness of Corrin were all part of the run. I will try, but I always find this map to be a struggle. I doubt it will help much, but here is an excerpt of a write-up I did for that run of how I completed this chapter...

Spoiler

Chapter 21 Operation Double Dance - Lets start with the key preps: I buy all the blessed weapons I can use, I buy a lightning for Elise, I give the party a defense and magic meal, I give Elise an HP and defense tonic, and I give Ophelia a magic tonic. The blessed weapons are a bit of a double edged sword as they lets units easily get/setup kills on player phase, but the defense drop and enemy passive damage are a little too high to comfortably enemy phase with them. The tonic plus meal should be enough that Elise can survive one of the stoneborn hits if she had to (although in retrospect this just made me feel more comfortable about the chapter, as further measures would be needed to tank a massive rocks, and savage blow's area effect is usually enough to push her out of survivability), Ophelia should be able to one-shot a stoneborn with lightning, and Elise can one-shot two a turn if danced even with its debuffs. First turn is mostly spent ensuring Elise hits C rank magic, by having her kill one of the faceless to southwest (with Felicia attack stance), then assist Peri and Beruka in killing the other, then getting danced (after Silas shelters Felicia and then gets separated by Corrin) to then get the kill on the one on the path forward (with an Effie that waited in its face to tank the faceless to come and give her the attack stance) hitting C rank exactly. Turn two Corrin flies to the first dragon vein, and then I push in to kill the first two stoneborns, and kill/chip whatever faceless I can reach. Turn 3 is all about cleaning up the enemy and positioning without angering the next layer of stoneborn. The big things are most of my group head east while Silas, Ophelia and Felicia getting ready to draw the western most stoneborn on the third layer in the opposite direction. Turn 4 has some very careful positioning as Effie chokes this strange point where a single piece of rubble in one corner, and cliff side on the other keeps the faceless from passing her (although she has to tank 2 with their savage blows), the space the stoneborn in the center (north of her) would use to attack her is a cliff tile, with Corrin next to her for the supportive boost, and to bait that central stoneborn into range (the eastern stoneborn's attack could attack either Effie or Corrin) both with defense(+strength) rally and Corrin with the extra lilypoise demoiselle boost. That was an uncomfortably close turn, but now Corrin can trigger the next dragon vein, and Ophelia can kill the western stoneborn, while Elise with a dance can kill the other two on this layer with everyone else clearing the way and getting as many kills and chip as can safely be done. The next couple turns are taken a bit slowly as we work on clearing out the faceless without drawing the massive rocks ahead, healing up, and dealing with the pileup on the path north. Also of note I use a flier to drag my dancer close enough to assist Ophelia in getting the kill on the western most stoneborn of the next layer without anger any of the others (although in retrospect that was probably more trouble than it was worth, as I ended up simply avoiding its and the next most western ones range anyway) The next push comes when the pursuit from the south are just over a turn from trapping me in a vise, but at that point enough of the reinforcements north are out of the way that setting up the next round of tanking and stoneborn baiting is fairly textbook. Once again the next dragon vein is activated, Ophelia and Elise wipe the two nearest stoneborn, and faceless are slaughtered. The turn after I make the fateful decision to head north and baiting in that northeastern most stoneborn, and after that three face spawn in range to slaughter anyone that could attack the stoneborn. I am in a bit of a pickle as pulling back would bog me down with reinforcements, the only dragon vein even in dancing range is adjacent to the boss, and the stoneborn near the boss can only be killed with a dance, and with the 3 extra troops able to attack anyone that threatened the stoneborn and two faceless still between me and the exit, it becomes clear that the only way out of this mess is with a double dance. To make sure my positioning is just right for this I sketch out the scene on paper, as there are 4 big this that have to occur: 1. Corrin has to be danced to activate the dragon vein adjacent to the boss 2. To keep him alive the second stoneborn has to die which requires Elise be danced 3. The two faceless and stoneborn on the path north have to die to allow 4. Niles to use his max movement to kill the faceless that spawned adjacent to the dragon vein to keep Corrin alive. So Felicia starts by killing the nearest faceless (with Effie attack stance), Beruka takes its place and lunges the stoneborn past the other faceless with a handaxe, to be in range of Ophelia killing it, Corrin then moves to the space it occupied, Azura goes just behind dances, Corrin activates the Dragon vein, Silas enters the space Corrin was just in and shelters Azura, Effie chips the second faceless, Elise kills that same faceless in melee with an Effie attack stance, Peri then transfers and switches to Azura to dance Elise who then lightnings the other stoneborn, and finally Niles kills the new faceless with a blessed bow. Corrin takes a hit from the boss, and Niles takes a hit from one of the other faceless that spawned (with an attack stance) and while both are hurting I am out of the woods. Next turn I finish off the boss and surviving reinforcements, and for once have I the common sense to just leave the turn after instead of going after the 5 enemies on the map that still give out xp. I am very glad I had Corrin as a Kinshi Knight on this chapter, as his ability to reach dragon veins (and being the least useful unit able to activate them) was absolutely vital to survival.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As for lightning, Niles doesn't have enough magic to one-round a stoneborn.

That is rough...is that including a magic tonic and a magic boosting meal (so +4 magic) on Niles? Do you have someone that can become (or is) a  Sorcerer you can make into a backpack for +5 (possibly more with Support bonuses) magic on him?

What about setting up lightning hit with a effective/magic attack stance, can that pull off the one round on them? Do you have enfeeble uses available to make some of the Stoneborn kills easier? Do you have a beastly Berserker like Charlotte who can shoot for the crit kill on their attack, and have a second roll of the dice with attack stances?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, the dragon veins are there to let me kill the stoneborn safely. The problem is that I have no means to one-round them and not nearly enough veins to get to the end safely.

...Ohh, this is gonna be a mess...

You really want to be killing about 2 or 3 per dragon vein use, which it sounds like will be hard for your group to pull off. If you have someone working towards shuriken breaker, you might want to pull out one of the Entrap staff to help out here. Also you might want to bring Camilla just to have a flying DV user that you aren't planning on using for much combat.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

no.

Hinoka's stats.

And it's quite noticeable. Especially in the join chapter

Wait, her bases aren't changed to compensate her being a pre-promote? breh

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

no.

Hinoka's stats.

And it's quite noticeable. Especially in the join chapter

That's what i meant, Hinoka comes with her stats.

Edit: basically, they just flip-flop the character PID's in the data where they are recruited and such, and voila.

Edited by lightcosmo

4 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Yeah they are changed, and they are quite lower than Camilla (except Speed, which she comes with like 23 or so)

Doesn't Camilla come with like 19 Def iirc? Hinoka has like 14. STR is also quite lower. Did you reach ch10 yet?

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

At least she can take solace in the fact that her base stats are decent overall.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Yeah they are changed, and they are quite lower than Camilla (except Speed, which she comes with like 23 or so)

Doesn't Camilla come with like 19 Def iirc? Hinoka has like 14. STR is also quite lower. Did you reach ch10 yet?

No, I've got to Chapter 7 then waiting until my week off in September to stream it, since one of my best friends is also off that week and has NAGGED me to play Conquest for her for years. I do intend on setting up a Discord group for it, if it interests you.

5 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Technically it was without the prepromoted Royals, so no Xander, Camilla, or Leo. The support abilities on Elise, the dancing ability of Azura, and the general usefulness of Corrin were all part of the run. I will try, but I always find this map to be a struggle. I doubt it will help much, but here is an excerpt of a write-up I did for that run of how I completed this chapter...

Hide contents

Chapter 21 Operation Double Dance - Lets start with the key preps: I buy all the blessed weapons I can use, I buy a lightning for Elise, I give the party a defense and magic meal, I give Elise an HP and defense tonic, and I give Ophelia a magic tonic. The blessed weapons are a bit of a double edged sword as they lets units easily get/setup kills on player phase, but the defense drop and enemy passive damage are a little too high to comfortably enemy phase with them. The tonic plus meal should be enough that Elise can survive one of the stoneborn hits if she had to (although in retrospect this just made me feel more comfortable about the chapter, as further measures would be needed to tank a massive rocks, and savage blow's area effect is usually enough to push her out of survivability), Ophelia should be able to one-shot a stoneborn with lightning, and Elise can one-shot two a turn if danced even with its debuffs. First turn is mostly spent ensuring Elise hits C rank magic, by having her kill one of the faceless to southwest (with Felicia attack stance), then assist Peri and Beruka in killing the other, then getting danced (after Silas shelters Felicia and then gets separated by Corrin) to then get the kill on the one on the path forward (with an Effie that waited in its face to tank the faceless to come and give her the attack stance) hitting C rank exactly. Turn two Corrin flies to the first dragon vein, and then I push in to kill the first two stoneborns, and kill/chip whatever faceless I can reach. Turn 3 is all about cleaning up the enemy and positioning without angering the next layer of stoneborn. The big things are most of my group head east while Silas, Ophelia and Felicia getting ready to draw the western most stoneborn on the third layer in the opposite direction. Turn 4 has some very careful positioning as Effie chokes this strange point where a single piece of rubble in one corner, and cliff side on the other keeps the faceless from passing her (although she has to tank 2 with their savage blows), the space the stoneborn in the center (north of her) would use to attack her is a cliff tile, with Corrin next to her for the supportive boost, and to bait that central stoneborn into range (the eastern stoneborn's attack could attack either Effie or Corrin) both with defense(+strength) rally and Corrin with the extra lilypoise demoiselle boost. That was an uncomfortably close turn, but now Corrin can trigger the next dragon vein, and Ophelia can kill the western stoneborn, while Elise with a dance can kill the other two on this layer with everyone else clearing the way and getting as many kills and chip as can safely be done. The next couple turns are taken a bit slowly as we work on clearing out the faceless without drawing the massive rocks ahead, healing up, and dealing with the pileup on the path north. Also of note I use a flier to drag my dancer close enough to assist Ophelia in getting the kill on the western most stoneborn of the next layer without anger any of the others (although in retrospect that was probably more trouble than it was worth, as I ended up simply avoiding its and the next most western ones range anyway) The next push comes when the pursuit from the south are just over a turn from trapping me in a vise, but at that point enough of the reinforcements north are out of the way that setting up the next round of tanking and stoneborn baiting is fairly textbook. Once again the next dragon vein is activated, Ophelia and Elise wipe the two nearest stoneborn, and faceless are slaughtered. The turn after I make the fateful decision to head north and baiting in that northeastern most stoneborn, and after that three face spawn in range to slaughter anyone that could attack the stoneborn. I am in a bit of a pickle as pulling back would bog me down with reinforcements, the only dragon vein even in dancing range is adjacent to the boss, and the stoneborn near the boss can only be killed with a dance, and with the 3 extra troops able to attack anyone that threatened the stoneborn and two faceless still between me and the exit, it becomes clear that the only way out of this mess is with a double dance. To make sure my positioning is just right for this I sketch out the scene on paper, as there are 4 big this that have to occur: 1. Corrin has to be danced to activate the dragon vein adjacent to the boss 2. To keep him alive the second stoneborn has to die which requires Elise be danced 3. The two faceless and stoneborn on the path north have to die to allow 4. Niles to use his max movement to kill the faceless that spawned adjacent to the dragon vein to keep Corrin alive. So Felicia starts by killing the nearest faceless (with Effie attack stance), Beruka takes its place and lunges the stoneborn past the other faceless with a handaxe, to be in range of Ophelia killing it, Corrin then moves to the space it occupied, Azura goes just behind dances, Corrin activates the Dragon vein, Silas enters the space Corrin was just in and shelters Azura, Effie chips the second faceless, Elise kills that same faceless in melee with an Effie attack stance, Peri then transfers and switches to Azura to dance Elise who then lightnings the other stoneborn, and finally Niles kills the new faceless with a blessed bow. Corrin takes a hit from the boss, and Niles takes a hit from one of the other faceless that spawned (with an attack stance) and while both are hurting I am out of the woods. Next turn I finish off the boss and surviving reinforcements, and for once have I the common sense to just leave the turn after instead of going after the 5 enemies on the map that still give out xp. I am very glad I had Corrin as a Kinshi Knight on this chapter, as his ability to reach dragon veins (and being the least useful unit able to activate them) was absolutely vital to survival.

Well, thanks for the thorough write-up. I think the circumstances are a little too different, but... oh well, I'll figure someting out.

That is rough...is that including a magic tonic and a magic boosting meal (so +4 magic) on Niles?

With a meal he could pull it off. I never take meals into account since I hardly ever remember to use the restaurant in this game. Besides, it'd kinda feel like cheating, since I'm using an infinite resources code to bribe captives into my team without having to keep resetting the game and pushing the computer's clock forward...

Do you have enfeeble uses available to make some of the Stoneborn kills easier?

I haven't used a single enfeeble charge, but on the other hand, I can't buy anything because I spent 8k on a brave bow... that nobody can use. Then I saved over it before I realized.

I am a very stupid person. If at all possible I'd like to get the arms scroll so I can push one of my bow users to A bows.

Do you have a beastly Berserker like Charlotte who can shoot for the crit kill on their attack, and have a second roll of the dice with attack stances?

I do have Charlotte. She has over 60% crit with the killer axe, but it never works because I am really fortunate.

You really want to be killing about 2 or 3 per dragon vein use, which it sounds like will be hard for your group to pull off. If you have someone working towards shuriken breaker, you might want to pull out one of the Entrap staff to help out here. Also you might want to bring Camilla just to have a flying DV user that you aren't planning on using for much combat.

I already have Elfuigi as a kinshi knight for the flying DV shenanigans. I'd rather not have to sell my soul to Camilla if I can at all help it. I'm not that desperate quite yet.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Bb3J846.png

@DodgeDusk @lightcosmo here's Camilla's replacement

-3 to HP, -4 Str (-6 with Strength +2), -2 Mag, +2 Skill, +4 Speed, +5 Luck, -4 Defence (-3 with Naginata), +7 Res (+8 with Naginata).

I still think it's good, but like I said, she isn't going to break the game like Camilla is. Should still be good though.

EDIT: Wait, is there a 1-2 lance available? If not, that's going to seriously hurt her.

Edited by DodgeDusk

17 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

EDIT: Wait, is there a 1-2 lance available? If not, that's going to seriously hurt her.

Nope. Hoshido doesn't get 1-2 lances. Not even 2 range only lances like Spear

one could reclass into Kinshi for Bow access and air superiority, but comes with much lower stats and worse, E rank hell, which with her low STR is a problem

According to patch notes she used to have her exclusive 1-2 weapon before the creator removed it

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not saying I really like Kraid, but as I said before, he has been around as long as Ridley, but never developed the same notoriety. Partly b/c size.

In before "Kraid's too big for Smash"

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I already have Elfuigi as a kinshi knight for the flying DV shenanigans. I'd rather not have to sell my soul to Camilla if I can at all help it. I'm not that desperate quite yet.

One of the DLC maps gives an item that grants Dragon Blood as a reward for clearing.

If you want to make Senno a DV user for instance. 😛

12 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

What's your second least-favorite weapon?

The shield, with the gun being my least-favorite. After this run, I think the sheild's moved up above the bow and the spear, though!

'Morning, all!

Another day watching seafood stuff on youtube. Today, I found this one funny.

Made it part of the way into the desert temple dungeon in CrossCode. Usually, I never stop playing in the middle of dungeons unless they're truly dungeon-crawling massive, having the train of thought interrupted and trying to get back into the flow I'm concerned would be too much. But, controller was running low on juice, so I had to. I'm guessing I'm close 1/3-1/2 in, I'm assuming there is another elemental in here that I haven gotten yet, and that that would mark the halfway point.

I did spend a little time on one puzzle, being misled on where exactly to shoot from, but so far, it's less figuring out the puzzles, as it fine tuning the angle of the shot over many attempts.

It's the combat again where I'm finding it tougher. I can bear with a much of it on the default settings, but too many enemies at once easily overwhelms me. I was fine with the lone sandworm here and there in the field, but the sandworms under the tree were nuts. During all the sandworm fights, I ran around avoiding attacks, and left at a minimum 85% of the damage dealing to the AI companion. And even then I found myself needing to tune down the enemy damage a bit for the boss fight after several tries, the fire rocks were terrible.

I'm feeling like I don't fully utilize everything the game gives me, as I rarely tap into items being very frugal with them. I chose to invest in the healing and defense Circuits for the non-elemental portion, but haven't decided how to spend the CP on the much bigger fire Circuit. Item cooldowns and real-time-no-invincibility are reasonable balancing measures for what could otherwise be called cheating in a sense.

I lost again to the Apollo dude, I won two rounds in the duel this time, but I slipped up, and more importantly, he stopped elemental overloading himself into massive vulnerability as quickly. I couldn't scurry around effectively enough to get the two overloads I needed to pummel him into defeat in the later rounds. I didn't bother reloading to try the duel again, as I don't care if there was any reward, and I'd rather admit to my weakness. 

My observations lead me to conclude my issue is that I can attack, and I can avoid, but rarely can I interweave the two. Hit-dodge-hit in a bellicose rhythm, quickly racking up the hurt in small but consistent flurries spaced out by evasive sidesteps, is not me. If I get focused on attacking and the enemy's attacks haven't been temporarily halted, easily avoided, or there are other enemies around, I tend to fail to avoid (and I'm iffy on use of the dodge and shield actions) anything whatever is coming my way. Lea can't exactly move and strike at the same time, spheres and slashing alike bring her legs to a halt (hence that dodge command, thankfully), but for someone of my inferior technical ability, it doesn't make a real difference.

On a less self-critical note, the overworld is better than I was expecting. It's rather large, I've gotten lost with using a map a few times, having AI companions here unlike in dungeons makes fighting easier, and again, it looks not half-bad. Running around attempting to find a way to every treasure I see a little addictive. Provides a working counterweight to the dungeons.

Overall, I'm having fun.

54 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Another day watching seafood stuff on youtube. Today, I found this one funny.

Funny?! Cruel!😭

And here I thought I'd be one desensitized to the boiling alive of crustaceans, but seeing this screams at me otherwise.

Murder your waterborne organisms outside, in another room, behind a screen, just don't do it where I can see it. And get rid of those beady eyes if you intend to serve it to me later. Not that I particularly care for seafood.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

34 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So @Shrimperor and @DodgeDusk that mod your running, does it leave the characters internal bases stats and such the same as vanilla and just swap PID's? Or did they compensate for the difference in BR and CQ?

I haven't gotten very far in it yet, but I assume there's compensation; Rinkah replaces Charlotte, so if she joined in 14 with her Birthright bases she'd be borderline useless.

13 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

I haven't gotten very far in it yet, but I assume there's compensation; Rinkah replaces Charlotte, so if she joined in 14 with her Birthright bases she'd be borderline useless.

Their stats are changed to match the LVL of their counterparts

So for example Rinkah comes with alot of Def, but no str since her str growth is abysmal

Okay, I also started doing Mementos AD runs. Mostly for these special monster hunting Missions that pop up, ten in total. Doing them all lets me recruit Skull and acquire Violet's prf weapon. Though I'll still focus on upgrading the Tales characters. The weapon is what I'm mostly after for this anyway.