Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Actually we already know Monolith has another game in development, we just don't know what it is yet. It's been in development since Torna released, which was three years ago now so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it soon.

I'm aware of this, but it feels like vaporware. They haven't given us anything to chew on all these years, and I want chewing gum (I'd settle with bonjellium flavor). It's the same as how I feel about Atlus's Project Re Fantasy and their promise of an Etrian Odyssey continuation. I need more substance than a mere decree. And I'm sure Bayonetta 3 and MP4 fans feel exactly the same way.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Well, you were slightly off the mark (it was the third statement, not the second) but that's it.

Fucking Ace Attorney. The autopsy report clearly states the victim died from a bullet to the back, but apparently everyone in the courtroom is too lazy to read up to page two, so they need the photo instead. Fssss...

Thank you so much, Lightchao! A little longer and I would've become desperate enough to look for a walkthrough. And that's just the way to get spoiled.

Even back then it was "Pics or it didn't happen."

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Love how we all moved past this point like a week ago but you're still going at it.

Every day.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/599/767/537.jpg

This water area makes my Completionist Sense™ tingle but it’s all just open water with the occasional empty house on a small island. Which is very boring to explore. At least the “music” is cool, for setting atmosphere.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just want Dougy's beard in HD. That is all. Please, IntSys. Do me this one favor.

Ah, yes, Dougy. Good ol’ Doug.

…who, again?

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A little longer and I would've become desperate enough to look for a walkthrough. And that's just the way to get spoiled.

I can confirm after yesterday. Don’t do that.

Edited by Sooks

Pro tip if anyone ever plays Omori: wear headphones during the water section.

Oh my god. I did not know ambient sound effects could be this good, but here we are.

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, you were slightly off the mark (it was the third statement, not the second) but that's it.

Fucking Ace Attorney. The autopsy report clearly states the victim died from a bullet to the back, but apparently everyone in the courtroom is too lazy to read up to page two, so they need the photo instead. Fssss...

Thank you so much, Lightchao! A little longer and I would've become desperate enough to look for a walkthrough. And that's just the way to get spoiled.

You're welcome, I don't like being spoiled either. Though if you'd really like to show your appreciation, you can say that Pyra and Mythra have acceptable designs...

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm aware of this, but it feels like vaporware. They haven't given us anything to chew on all these years, and I want chewing gum (I'd settle with bonjellium flavor). It's the same as how I feel about Atlus's Project Re Fantasy and their promise of an Etrian Odyssey continuation. I need more substance than a mere decree. And I'm sure Bayonetta 3 and MP4 fans feel exactly the same way.

Implying that Xenoblade 2 doesn't have enough content to last for years! At least Metroid fans are getting Dread, which has been a wayward dream for even longer than Prime 4. Bayonetta fans may be out of luck for now, but they've still got it better than F-Zero fans.

34 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Xenosaga remasters? Lmao

I hoped for Pyra/Mythra for smash and got my wish, so im still holding out! And i will till it happens!

Unfortunately Namco said they aren't financially viable, so Xenosaga fans will have to settle for KOS-MOS hopefully appearing in Monolith's future projects.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Unfortunately Namco said they aren't financially viable, so Xenosaga fans will have to settle for KOS-MOS hopefully appearing in Monolith's future projects.

Im gonna pretend you didnt just mention that. Xd

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perhaps the best part is that Samus doesn't look at all fazed. "Oh, Kraid. You're back. I'm not overjoyed to see you again, but it's not a problem." *Charging beam*

Everything i've seen of Samus so far in this game is that she is just done with everyone's shit.

She's basically female Doomguy at this point.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I think a better Godzilla example of questionable translation quality would be how Rodan is called "Radon" in the English version of Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (amongst other films), even though Rodan's English name had been established for around 40 years at that point. 

I did not know this. Definitely feels like a goof-up.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..The number of good recommendations you've given me remains at technically zero, though. One of these days, one of these days.

You liked what you played, you just dropped it because of goofy-ass emulator controls.

Smh.

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Even back then it was "Pics or it didn't happen."

Hah! True, it seems.

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah, yes, Dougy. Good ol’ Doug.

…who, again?

Douglas, from Binding Blade.

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can confirm after yesterday. Don’t do that.

Yikes... Wait, what happened yesterday?

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Pro tip if anyone ever plays Omori: wear headphones during the water section.

Oh my god. I did not know ambient sound effects could be this good, but here we are.

Yes, wear headphones in general, is my advice.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You're welcome, I don't like being spoiled either.

Just in time, too. Technically speaking, I did run into spoilers. At one point I got antsy and decided to veeeeeeery carefully Google on incognito mode. However, despite clearly typing "Great Ace Attorney 1 case 5 trial part 2", fucking Google still led me to a video of the fifth case of the second game. Thankfully, I only caught a glimpse of a face before I noped out of there.

...I mean, I guess that confirms that the particular character survives up to that point, which is a spoiler, but... Fuck it, I still don't know who the main villain was. It is amazing to me that I've gotten this far into an Ace Attorney game without having the shit spoiled outta me. It's never happened before. I must hasten my pace before I have another chance to run into spoilers...

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Though if you'd really like to show your appreciation, you can say that Pyra and Mythra have acceptable designs...

...E... Eerrrrrrgghhh...

Pyra and Mythra's designs... are not abominations.

Good enough, I hope!

Just now, Armagon said:

You liked what you played, you just dropped it because of goofy-ass emulator controls.

Smh.

Well, okay, but it doesn't change the facts at hand. You can't recommend, Armagon, because you have no taste. You're so tasteless, you could eat a shit and not feel a thing! I look at you over my shoulder disdainfully!

@DodgeDusk I apologise for not doing this sooner, I wanted to make a more suitable pfp for Vinccino and well, this joke resulted:

Spoiler

VCTETT.png

(It being a bad joke I took Eusine from Pokespe and doubled down on the bad quality rip as him being that shook.)

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Everything i've seen of Samus so far in this game is that she is just done with everyone's shit.

She's basically female Doomguy at this point.

Stop giving me reasons to want Doom to get a Smash rep.

UX7jC4u.pngiNf0jRW.jpg

Kino. It's the epitome of Berserk and Miura's work. Kino and Lolis.

Edited by Ghost_06_

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're so tasteless, you could eat a shit and not feel a thing! I look at you over my shoulder disdainfully!

maxresdefault.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Stop giving me reasons to want Doom to get a Smash rep.

Honestly if we get another Microsoft rep, it's either Master Chief or Doomguy.

But Steve nullified those chances lol.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yikes... Wait, what happened yesterday?

Ah, you didn’t see. That makes much more sense lol.

I got so bored of wandering around Faraway Town of whatever it’s called that I used a guide for the side content. Not just any guide, a guide on the wiki. So yeah, you can guess what happened. I was bored, okay? Luckily the spoiler doesn’t seem to be anything major, it wasn’t an answer to a mystery or a secret piece of lore or something, it was a future plot point and it’s not quite clear how it fits. But I know you’ll want to know what it is.

Spoiler

Sunny ends up in the hospital close to the end of the game. That’s if, that’s all I know. Well that and the NPCs who you helped send him flowers in the hospital and getting them all gets you an achievement. Which I’m obviously going for.

Yes, wear headphones in general, is my advice.

I don’t usually, but I felt like they would add to the experience of a psychological horror game.

Edited by Sooks

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

maxresdefault.jpg

What?! How dare you! Well I'll have you know, you haven't seen the last of me! I will be back...!

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Disappointing... Truly sad, Ruben.

What did I do wrong there?! I was positive, look!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ah, you didn’t see. That makes much more sense lol.

I got so bored of wandering around Faraway Town of whatever it’s called that I used a guide for the side content. Not just any guide, a guide on the wiki. So yeah, you can guess what happened. I was bored, okay? Luckily the spoiler doesn’t seem to be anything major, it wasn’t an answer to a mystery or a secret piece of lore or something, it was a future plot point and it’s not quite clear how it fits. But I know you’ll want to know what it is.

Sooks.

You are so reckless.

That is all.

...the Sooks% isn't worth ruining the story for yourself, goddamnit!

Hide contents

Sunny ends up in the hospital close to the end of the game. That’s if, that’s all I know. Well that and the NPCs who you helped send him flowers in the hospital and getting them all gets you an achievement. Which I’m obviously going for.

All right... All right. That isn't too major. The important thing is how he ends up there, anyway.

Do not wander into the wiki again. If you do, this becomes a much simpler matter. I will kill your wife. I will kill your son. I will kill your infant daughter. I will even kill your references.

I don’t usually, but I felt like they would add to the experience of a psychological horror game.

Heh... Sure it does, doesn't it?

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just in time, too. Technically speaking, I did run into spoilers. At one point I got antsy and decided to veeeeeeery carefully Google on incognito mode. However, despite clearly typing "Great Ace Attorney 1 case 5 trial part 2", fucking Google still led me to a video of the fifth case of the second game. Thankfully, I only caught a glimpse of a face before I noped out of there.

...I mean, I guess that confirms that the particular character survives up to that point, which is a spoiler, but... Fuck it, I still don't know who the main villain was. It is amazing to me that I've gotten this far into an Ace Attorney game without having the shit spoiled outta me. It's never happened before. I must hasten my pace before I have another chance to run into spoilers...

I was spoiled on a few things from before the games' localization was announced, like the culprits/victims of the first two cases and something from the second game's first case. I think some of the remaining spoilers I know are very important but I'm lacking the context behind them, so I still have plenty of things to be surprised by.

I was largely unspoiled for the previous games though; mostly it was just the details of DL-6, Godot's real name, but not anything else about him, and something about Apollo Justice's first case.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...E... Eerrrrrrgghhh...

Pyra and Mythra's designs... are not abominations.

Good enough, I hope!

I suppose that's the best I can hope for. And I didn't even ask you to say they had good designs.

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I was spoiled on a few things from before the games' localization was announced, like the culprits/victims of the first two cases and something from the second game's first case. I think some of the remaining spoilers I know are very important but I'm lacking the context behind them, so I still have plenty of things to be surprised by.

I was largely unspoiled for the previous games though; mostly it was just the details of DL-6, Godot's real name, but not anything else about him, and something about Apollo Justice's first case.

Oof... So the inverse situation, then. Too bad.

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I suppose that's the best I can hope for. And I didn't even ask you to say they had good designs.

If ever I need help again and you get me out of the pickle, you can get me to go one step further with my positivity.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sooks.

You are so reckless.

That is all.

...the Sooks% isn't worth ruining the story for yourself, goddamnit!

My priorities are definitely in order.

It was just the wiki articles for random NPCs though, zero plot relevance! It should have been safe!

Yes yes I know, never go on the wiki ever until you finish the game.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The important thing is how he ends up there, anyway.

Spoiler

Yes, because I definitely have no clue that it’s self-harm related. 100% definitely without a doubt.

I bet I look really stupid if my prediction is wrong, don’t I? I can see you twirling your mustache.

I mean, that’s definitely gotta be one of the endings at least. At least.

I’m very glad the spoiler was nothing major, though.

Just taking a brief peek at it, what even is the Mr. Jawsum boss fight? Like, unless I’m missing something… lol what?

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do not wander into the wiki again.

I am gonna look at the articles I already looked at for the next real life segment.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My priorities are definitely in order.

Yes. In a bad one.

It was just the wiki articles for random NPCs though, zero plot relevance! It should have been safe!

No. Never.

Yes yes I know, never go on the wiki ever until you finish the game.

And you better keep your word!

Hide contents

Yes, because I definitely have no clue that it’s self-harm related. 100% definitely without a doubt.

I bet I look really stupid if my prediction is wrong, don’t I? I can see you twirling your mustache.

I presently have no moustache. It is physically impossible for me to twirl it. I didn't keep the hairs just to be able to twirl them, I'm afraid. Maybe I should've.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just taking a brief peek at it, what even is the Mr. Jawsum boss fight? Like, unless I’m missing something… lol what?

I didn't remember it being too tough. Heck, pretty sure I remember it just ending eventually. But of course, you're trying to beat the game at low level, so I dunno.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am gonna look at the articles I already looked at for the next real life segment.

So you don't care about your infant daughter. I see how it is.