Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

*Sees two people with Tales of Arise*

*The urge to laptop grows, despite having just gotten three perfectly good games, with a fourth I haven't finished as well*

42 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But especially in being a good friend. I'm a complete failure at being supportive when someone close to me has trouble. I just feel like I never find the right words to say to help, and it makes me feel so useless... and it makes me wonder why anyone would even bother keeping me around, when I can't even do simple things like that.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I have the proper communicability of consolation myself. I'm afraid I'd be too blunt and perhaps weird, maybe dramatic. On this website, I try to limit my statements in such situations to stuff like "my sympathies" which I know I can't mess up.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

49 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Feeling inadequate in all respects, mostly.

876791977679683625.png?v=1

49 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But especially in being a good friend. I'm a complete failure at being supportive when someone close to me has trouble. I just feel like I never find the right words to say to help, and it makes me feel so useless... and it makes me wonder why anyone would even bother keeping me around, when I can't even do simple things like that. And I despise it. I despise feeling useless. I despise myself for basically abandoning someone close to me in need, just because I don't know what to say or do. And when I do say or do something, I always fear I'm just making it worse instead of better.

You're worth keeping around, first and foremost, because you're a human being. You're valuable for that alone. But it's not just that. You're a kind-hearted, caring, good person. I don't have to know you personally to know that's the truth.

That said, I'm sorry you're struggling, but I know the feeling. If you ever need to just vent or talk, I'm here, and like others have said, we're all here for you, man.

Edited by twilitfalchion

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@Ghost_06_ So Fucking GOOOOOOOD

MY QUEEN

This hope talk came from nowhere, lmao. It seems the writers were afraid of backslash so they toned down the romantic interactions. Didn't work, the ending defenders are still strawmanning. At least they nailed Floch and Armin

https://i.redd.it/h9nwkdpollm71.png

Even in fanfics Floch is right.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

How well did you handle the co-op area and the gank squad boss at the end of it (where there are three human enemies, one in Havel set, one in Alva, and the archer)?

Oh.

I guess I'm not done with the DLC.

I found his weapon breaking mechanics obnoxious to deal with, but otherwise a fun fight.

He breaks weapons?

(although I have heard that DS3's paired weapons can do some similar things)

Yeah, I've played up to Vordt in DS3, and I heckin' love the paired swords, they're so much fun. I was upset that ER is apparently returning to DS-style dual wielding, but now that I know how it works, I'll be happy either way.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Welp, it's another one of those days. *sigh*
I fucking hate my life...

It's ok to feel inadequate, 'cause it is indeed a feeling; we can't change those, we can only change our actions. It low-key sucks, I agree, but it's one of those times where we've gotta keep tryin' to be kind, and that'll hopefully make us feel better looking back on it.

EDIT: And I'm here to talk if you need me! I'm bad at being considerate, but I believe in you!

EDIT2: I QUOTED YOUR WRONG POST IT WAS MEANT TO BE THE SECOND ONE

Hecc.

'Morning, all!

Edited by Benice

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

QDrTc1o.jpg

Meta

It looks like Alphen's helmet is not supposed to be there lmao. Like a cosmetic option.

Anyways I'll join y'all on the Arise journey in the afternoon. Gotta clock in in 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Sees two people with Tales of Arise*

*The urge to laptop grows, despite having just gotten three perfectly good games, with a fourth I haven't finished as well*

Hey, you're better than me! I got a Series S, then immediately planned to get a PS5, despite having a boat load of games to play via Gamepass.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

QDrTc1o.jpg

Meta

I remember Tales of Abyss came up with its own hammerspace excuse for one character. Something about breaking down their weapon at an atomic/molecular level and then storing those particles safely in their arm, until it is necessary to summon the weapon, when the particles leave their arm and reassemble.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Hey, you're better than me! I got a Series S, then immediately planned to get a PS5, despite having a boat load of games to play via Gamepass.

Have you seen the price of a good gaming laptop? -Then again, the shortage of supply likely means the latest consoles are scalped to astronomical levels, I haven't cared to look.

Humans always hunger for more. Such bring forth both progress and our demise. That, and the things that you don't have, but theoretically could, but don't, have that "forbidden fruit/grass is always greener" allure.

38 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh.

I guess I'm not done with the DLC.

It is optional, but if you do face it good luck. With the Eternal Sanctum Key you can open a locked door right near the beginning of the Dragon Sanctum that eventually leads to it. Be warned, taking down the gank squad solo is a pain, when I did it, it was the longest boss fight in the franchise for me, as it was all about taking advantage of the terrain to isolate them for a few moments to hurt one (hopefully to stab the archer a few times before he switches to the estoc, or fire a few poison arrows into the Havel, etc.) before running away to try and isolate them again. If you want help against the Co-op section, we could try using the Name-Engraving ring to setup you summoning me for co-op support.

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

He breaks weapons?

Hitting him causes your weapons to reduce durability significantly more than hitting anything else, and it was bad enough that I had to menu mid fight to switch weapons to keep from breaking mine before he died...

Why am I considering replaying Awakening?

I shouldn't be considering replaying Awakening. It doesn't make any sense.

...Hey, anyone knows how Awakening lunatic is? Not lunatic+, I know that one is bad and ugly, I mean lunatic period. How's that one? Any good at all? Pair-up-less hard, anyone know how that is too? I kinda want to try again and see if this time I can... uh, not breeze through the game in a single day while skipping everything and instead have some fun with the game. Oh, and maybe try to read the text past Gangrel. That'd be nice too.

...At any rate, I figured out what the cause for the graphical glitches was. Turns out, it was the texture filter. For some undiscernible reason, the texture filter causes no issues in Fates, but it does cause issues in Awakening. Huh...

4 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Ryutaro is the best design in the franchise.

Kinda wish he'd feature in more than one case. He looks way more badass than Ryunosuke lol.

Though I'll admit, when I made that post I hadn't even seen Ryutaro yet. I was caught off guard by

Spoiler

Brett being the victim. I knew they'd go back to her, I mean, it was obvious, but... Not like that!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Hey, anyone knows how Awakening lunatic is? Not lunatic+, I know that one is bad and ugly, I mean lunatic period. How's that one? Any good at all? Pair-up-less hard, anyone know how that is too? I kinda want to try again and see if this time I can... uh, not breeze through the game in a single day while skipping everything and instead have some fun with the game. Oh, and maybe try to read the text past Gangrel. That'd be nice too.

...At any rate, I figured out what the cause for the graphical glitches was. Turns out, it was the texture filter. For some undiscernible reason, the texture filter causes no issues in Fates, but it does cause issues in Awakening. Huh...

Kinda wish he'd feature in more than one case. He looks way more badass than Ryunosuke lol.

Though I'll admit, when I made that post I hadn't even seen Ryutaro yet. I was caught off guard by

Hide contents

Brett being the victim. I knew they'd go back to her, I mean, it was obvious, but... Not like that!

Lunatic is... eh. It becomes a Robin solo, I find. The one time I actively avoided trying to do that it ended up becoming a Nowi sweep after Chapter 10. You essentially train up about 3 or 4 units to try to quickly make them super units.

Pair up-less Hard Mode is legit fun though, and what I recommend to people (I personally play without reclassing). The two Walhart maps are pretty brutal, but I find the rest of the game manageable.

(GAA2 Case 1 spoilers)

Spoiler

Brett being a victim shocked me. She had to die once one of the pictures revealled her eyes though. She had a mask for a reason! Eyes are too powerful.

37 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

because it's actually a good game

:Marisasmart:

I mean, sure, every FE is good (except Heroes because that one is morally bankrupt), but... Is it a good FE? That's an entirely different question, isn't it now. Even if it is composed of the same words. The devil is in the detail, as they say.

35 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Lunatic is... eh. It becomes a Robin solo, I find. The one time I actively avoided trying to do that it ended up becoming a Nowi sweep after Chapter 10. You essentially train up about 3 or 4 units to try to quickly make them super units.

But... But that's what hard already was, though... I mean, Panne solo instead of Robin solo, but... Similar concept. That's what I don't want!

Pair up-less Hard Mode is legit fun though, and what I recommend to people (I personally play without reclassing). The two Walhart maps are pretty brutal, but I find the rest of the game manageable.

I'll give the game another shot, and I'll only use pair-up for movement shenanigans. Or maybe just not at all. I'll see what I feel like when we get there.

Not right now, though. Now is still Ace Attorney time.

(GAA2 Case 1 spoilers)

Hide contents

Brett being a victim shocked me. She had to die once one of the pictures revealled her eyes though. She had a mask for a reason! Eyes are too powerful.

Spoiler

Eyes are the true villain of this duology. Brett was the secret heroine of the game, trying to stop the evil schemes of eyes. Unfortunately, she couldn't run away from the eyes forever...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You should finish Yakuza 0 instead...

Speaking of, did you get to the Little Asia part?

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

With the Eternal Sanctum Key you can open a locked door right near the beginning of the Dragon Sanctum that eventually leads to it

Ight, I'll have to check it out.

you want help against the Co-op section, we could try using the Name-Engraving ring to setup you summoning me for co-op support.

Nice, thanks.

Hitting him causes your weapons to reduce durability significantly more than hitting anything else, and it was bad enough that I had to menu mid fight to switch weapons to keep from breaking mine before he died...

Huh, I didn't notice... which is odd, 'cause I break my weapons all the time. I guess double Ul. Greatsworss is good for that kinda stuff? I am SL 190 or so, perhaps I was overlevelled and defeated Sinh quickly.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

"I'm-a gonna win" -Wario

That's the Nintendo of America?

Amazing.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

You should finish Yakuza 0 instead...

Eh... Here's an idea, don't get any more deaths in FE6 and I'll do it.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Speaking of, did you get to the Little Asia part?

I cannot remember any part by that name, but it's possible I'm just forgetting. Could you be a little more specific?

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, sure, every FE is good (except Heroes because that one is morally bankrupt), but... Is it a good FE? That's an entirely different question, isn't it now. Even if it is composed of the same words. The devil is in the detail, as they say.

I don't really prefer to make a distinction between the two. If it's good, it's good, in my opinion.

I'm irritatingly neutral, I know.

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Because Awakening is kino.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Erehisu were kinda rushed ngl

still like million times better than so called 'canon'

Even a monkey with a screenwriter would be better than the canon

sigh

I guess other fanfics will have to do it

https://i.imgur.com/qYTc8OB.jpg

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh... Here's an idea, don't get any more deaths in FE6 and I'll do it

NOOOOOOOOOO

Well... if I caan beat 7 without deaths...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

cannot remember any part by that name, but it's possible I'm just forgetting. Could you be a little more specific?

I believe it's after the third fight with you-know-who.

56 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But especially in being a good friend. I'm a complete failure at being supportive when someone close to me has trouble. I just feel like I never find the right words to say to help, and it makes me feel so useless... and it makes me wonder why anyone would even bother keeping me around, when I can't even do simple things like that.
And I despise it. I despise feeling useless. I despise myself for basically abandoning someone close to me in need, just because I don't know what to say or do. And when I do say or do something, I always fear I'm just making it worse instead of better.

I apologise for not responding sooner, it's been a long day today.

It can be tough trying to figure out what to say to someone, more complicated than we give credit for. Me, I end up often asking a fair bit about the topic at hand, much as I don't think it necessarily helps. And it won't help if the person can be defensive about that line of questioning. Considering I can't tell what their issue is, I can't give any specific tips either. As to what to say or do, maybe there's not much more that can necessarily be done than by being there yourself. To not push on someone's boundaries, but to let them know you're there outside of them if need be.