• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oooof, selling literally everything I can only gets me half way to the final milestone. It’s so expensive. Sorry, Rococo, looks like it’s not happening. I guess it’s time to continue with the story now.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Math. But I meant in a short timeframe. 

I change it every couple days. Unless there's something significant to make a change for a day then switch back or switch to something else.

The longest I went without changing it, at least in recent memory, is when I was playing the SRW Alpha games, where I kept a pic of the player mechas, or just the title screen for Alpha Gaiden's case. Still changed it for select days, but switch back to the SRW ones.

Ultimately, I'll keep changing it until SF is no more. Or I somehow end up kicked out. Whatever happens first.

Oh no… OH NO OH NO OH NOOOOO

@Saint Rubenio how exactly does the game measure when you’ve watered Basil’s flowers? Is it every time they’re all completely watered? Because, uh, apparently there’s this section at the bottom of white tulips that I… completely forgot about. I thought the cacti were the last ones.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I change it every couple days. Unless there's something significant to make a change for a day then switch back or switch to something else.

The longest I went without changing it, at least in recent memory, is when I was playing the SRW Alpha games, where I kept a pic of the player mechas, or just the title screen for Alpha Gaiden's case. Still changed it for select days, but switch back to the SRW ones.

Ultimately, I'll keep changing it until SF is no more. Or I somehow end up kicked out. Whatever happens first.

Oh thats pretty neat actually. I was honestly so curious!

53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I thiiiink I did that many? Does the first time when the game tells you to count? Because if so then definitely, but I may have maybe done 2… I don’t know.

I've... No idea, actually. I mean, too late now, anyway.

Well it makes since if you did it earlier in the game, but I’ve walked around that house several times so I knew that door definitely didn’t belong.

Okay fine, I did know that wasn't there and I still fell for it like a dummy. I'm a chicken cheep cheep cheep cheep. Ya happy now?

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oooof, selling literally everything I can only gets me half way to the final milestone. It’s so expensive. Sorry, Rococo, looks like it’s not happening. I guess it’s time to continue with the story now.

F for the Sooks%

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh no… OH NO OH NO OH NOOOOO

@Saint Rubenio how exactly does the game measure when you’ve watered Basil’s flowers? Is it every time they’re all completely watered? Because, uh, apparently there’s this section at the bottom of white tulips that I… completely forgot about. I thought the cacti were the last ones.

Oh... Actually, I dunno. You might've just lost it now...

Well, as it were. Worst comes to worst, I'll give you a link when you're finished.

Spoiler

Oh, and if you're scared because the flowers dried up, don't be. That always happens.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've... No idea, actually. I mean, too late now, anyway.

Oh... Actually, I dunno. You might've just lost it now...

Well, as it were. Worst comes to worst, I'll give you a link when you're finished.

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, and if you're scared because the flowers dried up, don't be. That always happens.

I do have a save right before the Humphrey boss fight. So do you think the scene is worth redoing that fight? ‘Cause if so, I can. I know I’ve watered the white tulips at least twice, the first time when the game tells you two and the second because I know I’ve been to Basil’s house in between me being able to water the flowers and and this part of the game, while watering them all, so I would have seen them.

…ah, who am I kidding, of course I’m gonna redo the Humphrey and witch fights for it.

Edited by Sooks

latest.png?width=432&height=432

This is by far the rawest design in all of Metroid. We don't even have a name for this guy yet, he's just unofficially been referred to as the Chozo General. But it doesn't matter. He's raw as fuck.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Weeeell if the person has a specific opinion on the specific category (mainly that specific category is just all around good), then saying it is not a good specific category isn’t saying it’s actually bad, just that they prefer other items in the specific category by quite a bit.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well... I just feel if a FE is less good (according to my own standards, of course), then even if it's still a good game it's less worth putting time into it over other FEs that suit my preferences for FE better. Time being a limited resource and all.

But I suppose it's my mistake for not clarifying that I wasn't trying to argue "Awakening bad" from the sacred precepts of objectivity. Look, forgive me, going through the same "in my humble opinion that is not objective and is instead subjective I personally feel that my outlook on this matter, which doesn't necessarily have to align with the outlooks of other people, is" song and dance every two sentences gets a bit tiresome.

Listen, i've seen too many times where people literally mean it like "yeah the game is good but it's not like the other games in the series so it's bad actually". Case in point: Breath of the Wild.

Like a lot of times, the argument just feels like it's anti-experimentation or something. Things are not allowed to be different.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Example 1:

• "Breath of the Wild is a good open-world adventure game, under the Zelda brand."
  • "But, I do not want Zelda to become open-world from here on out. I prefer Zelda to play differently."
  • "Thus, I dislike Breath of the Wild."

Even this hypothetical argument you presented here is flawed imo. The concern over the future is valid but why would that be tied to one's subjective opinion of the game? You can like BotW and hope it's not the series standard for the future at the same time, the two things aren't mutually-exclusive. Even if you prefer traditional Zelda gameplay, if you liked BotW, that's really all that should matter.

Like it just feels paradoxical to me that one would say "oh this game is good" and then say "but it's a bad installment in this specific franchise because it's not like the others" in the same sentence because like i mentioned above, that's usually what i've seen it said as.

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

See, I could progress the story, or I could grind thousands of clams for the artist Rococo who I completely forgot about.

Wait there's an artist literally named Rococo? That's kinda fitting, considering Rococo is a style of art that was popularized post-Renaissance iirc.

There more you know.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Wait there's an artist literally named Rococo?

Yes. And you have to commission art from them as they gradually get better and their prices increase. And the last painting is 50,000 of the in-game currency.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That's kinda fitting, considering Rococo is a style of art that was popularized post-Renaissance iirc.

There more you know.

Oh, that’s neat. Yeah I didn’t know that.

So are you gonna play Omori now or—

I started Arise and got bombarded by like 10 user license agreements, ok.

The OP is cool tho.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So are you gonna play Omori now or—

Nah, I'd like to keep my emotions.

Too much depression just makes me not want to see it.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Even this hypothetical argument you presented here is flawed imo. The concern over the future is valid but why would that be tied to one's subjective opinion of the game? You can like BotW and hope it's not the series standard for the future at the same time, the two things aren't mutually-exclusive. Even if you prefer traditional Zelda gameplay, if you liked BotW, that's really all that should matter.

Like it just feels paradoxical to me that one would say "oh this game is good" and then say "but it's a bad installment in this specific franchise because it's not like the others" in the same sentence because like i mentioned above, that's usually what i've seen it said as

Yup. Definetly. The whole it's a bad ''x'' game thing is also disrespectful to any other series tbh because you imply that series worst is better than anything from other series, despite you not enjoying the game at all

Bolded: Me with 3H

His name will be ballsack. That is what I will call him.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

See if it were KH, that reasoning would be perfect, lmao.

Well the difference there is that Kingdom Hearts has done it time and time again.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well the difference there is that Kingdom Hearts has done it time and time again.

Sure but future installments get worse and worse. And the gameplay? KH 1 and 2 were peak gameplay. Thats been on a massive decline.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

PS5 isn't worth getting until Spider-Man 2 in 2023 anyways.

So this song will still be good for two more years, got it.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

latest.png?width=432&height=432

This is by far the rawest design in all of Metroid. We don't even have a name for this guy yet, he's just unofficially been referred to as the Chozo General. But it doesn't matter. He's raw as fuck.

Though we've always known that the Power Suit was created by the Chozo, it's cool to see a Chozo use a Power Suit of their own. Apparently the Chozo never went extinct, but their civilization collapsed at some point and the surviving Chozo went into hiding.

I don't think he'll be the final boss, but he'll probably be fought again near the end of the game and Samus will win this time thanks to her shiny new upgrades. Ridley will get an obligatory fight towards the end too, especially since Kraid is back from the dead somehow. They might as well bring back Phantoon, Draygon, and Crocomire for a full Super Metroid reunion. I'm pretty sure the Gold Chozo is the main villain, but I'm not sure how much of a combatant he is so Samus might not fight him directly.

Hmm, maybe I should replay Metroid Fusion before Dread releases. Maybe I'll do it if I finish The Great Ace Attorney 2 before Dread comes out...

53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I do have a save right before the Humphrey boss fight. So do you think the scene is worth redoing that fight? ‘Cause if so, I can. I know I’ve watered the white tulips at least twice, the first time when the game tells you two and the second because I know I’ve been to Basil’s house in between me being able to water the flowers and and this part of the game, while watering them all, so I would have seen them.

…ah, who am I kidding, of course I’m gonna redo the Humphrey and witch fights for it.

You know, if you've forgotten to water those tulips the entire game, and if every single flower needs to be watered for it to count (which I don't know for sure) chances are even that won't be enough to fix it.

But, at this point it's probably too late to stop you from wasting an hour of your time. Just... Please don't reset the entire game just for that. Pretty please? Do you give me that much? I have to go sleep now, so please don't make me wake up to "okay Ruben I am starting over because Sooks%"

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Listen, i've seen too many times where people literally mean it like "yeah the game is good but it's not like the other games in the series so it's bad actually". Case in point: Breath of the Wild.

Like a lot of times, the argument just feels like it's anti-experimentation or something. Things are not allowed to be different.

Even this hypothetical argument you presented here is flawed imo. The concern over the future is valid but why would that be tied to one's subjective opinion of the game? You can like BotW and hope it's not the series standard for the future at the same time, the two things aren't mutually-exclusive. Even if you prefer traditional Zelda gameplay, if you liked BotW, that's really all that should matter.

Like it just feels paradoxical to me that one would say "oh this game is good" and then say "but it's a bad installment in this specific franchise because it's not like the others" in the same sentence because like i mentioned above, that's usually what i've seen it said as.

Well... No, I'll tell you what it is. It's people trying not to say "game bad" outright because that will anger other people. "X is good but it's worse than other games in the series" doesn't spark as much fire in people's souls as "I hated X and think it's bad." Just an attempt at diplomacy. I wouldn't call Awakening or Three Houses good games, far from it. I just try to look at them from as objective a perspective as I can muster and try to see them as good games that just don't adjust to my personal opinion of what a good, fun game is.

Sort of like when I called Metroid Fusion "good game design" sarcastically and claimed I wasn't enjoying it at all, and a few people ganged up on me for it so I changed my tune to "this game is good it's just not my style or something" in an attempt to stop getting hounded. Similar concept. Though in fairness, I was quite abrassive for a while there myself. The bomb secrets caught me off guard.

44 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup. Definetly. The whole it's a bad ''x'' game thing is also disrespectful to any other series tbh because you imply that series worst is better than anything from other series, despite you not enjoying the game at all

Bolded: Me with 3H

Hah! Yeah, that's a great point, actually. What was I thinking. I almost implied Awakening is better than like, Banner Saga. Pffft!

Also I thought you liked 3H, typo?