Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Also never thought removing Victory screens would be such a QoL improvement. Really hope other RPGs copy that over

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

peaking of Berseria tho, Arise does have the same localization problem: the text and spoken dialogue will sometimes just jarringly not match at all

I noticed, but nowhere near the quantity of Berseria. Atleast so far

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I wouldn't recommend this one. Qwinn's fixpack is more, well, complete.

Okily dokily.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

C'mon man, I may like to press people's buttons, but I ever recommend games in bad faith. It's in my top 10 favorite games ever.

That's a lot of words to convince me that you aren't secretly trying to push me into playing a hentai VN.

I mean, who knows, really? Maybe you're secretly a trillionaire and you bribed Steam to change the game's page in order to look like a proper game so I'll be fooled into buying it. Anything's possible. Where's your proof that my hypothesis is false? Huh, where is it, Mr. Ghost 06, if that's even your real name?

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Crossing my fingers we get shower seggs next chapter

https://i.imgur.com/pCBzU1B.jpg

Ghost, you really expect me to take your recommendations seriously when you come out with this immediately afterwards? My theory only feels more plausible with each passing minute, and I've yet to hear a rebuttal. I mean, sure, I haven't hit the "submit reply" button yet, but...

1 hour ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Sooks and Ruben, play Dragon Age: Origins!

The game will give you the choice of three races and some "origins" and those origins will define what your class will be.

• You can be a human (male or female for all races) of Noble origin, and then you can choose between the Warrior or Rogue classes, or a member of the Circle of Mages, and then you will automatically be a mage.
  • As an elf, you can be a city elf (or more specifically, from the Elven Slums) or a Dalishan elf (a wild elf that lives in tribes) and then you'll be a Warrior or Rogue or Mage (but in that case, you'll get the play as the Human mage inside the Circle, but with some differences in the dialogues).
  • As a dwarf, you can be a noble dwarf or a common dwarf, and you can be a Rogue or a warrior. Dwarves cannot be mages, as they do not “dream” and therefore do not connect to the Fade.

Each origin makes the game start in a different location and with a different plot, giving the characters different motivations to embark on the journey (some are for revenge, others for answers, etc.), but in all, after a tragic event that changes their life, you'll meet Duncan who says he's in that place looking for the most suitable candidate to become a Grey Warden and recruits the character, taking him to the war camp in Ferelden, where you'll participate in the initiation ritual. 

And best of all: your choices do matter! The characters join or leave you depending on your choices, and each origin will make you see the events with different eyes.

Well, how pleasant and passionate. This is not what I would have expected from an 06 recommendation, I would have expected something a lot more—

Want to be a bastard who sells a child's soul to have sex with a demon? You may!

Ah, there it is.

Braindead:

Mage, unless you're a healer.

Wait, what? When are healers ever bad?

46 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I shared a Dwarf I made here.

639800176_Neven1.thumb.png.d1a917160d4087c1b8a3991a98e85290.png

What does it mean for a voice to be described as violent? 🤔

1 hour ago, Ghost_06_ said:

And best of all: your choices do matter! The characters join or leave you depending on your choices, and each origin will make you see the events with different eyes.

Okay but like how far do these consequences stretch? Are there different endings? Can you get people killed.

Because if there are big consequences, and I play it before @Saint Rubenio and he plays it, I can finally, finally have revenge for all those times… I would have so much power. 😈

Here's a video, but there are spoilers for the Human Noble origin. Imo the best origin story-wise is Dwarf Noble, folowed by City Elf and then Dwarf commoner.

So, go with Dwarf Noble is what you’re saying?

Hey, that intro with the logo actually looks familiar. I’m pretty sure someone bought me the second game as a gift one time, years ago. I barely touched it though.

Also, of course that person is the first person you see in an 06 recommendation.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also never thought removing Victory screens would be such a QoL improvement. Really hope other RPGs copy that over

Yeah, it's fine in turn-based RPGs but in ARPGs, victory screens do kinda break the pacing. Although I'm sure some Tales fans will miss it.

Next step tho, seamless transitions. I'm actually surprised Arise doesn't seamlessly transition to and from battles. The enemies you fight match what you see in the overworld so it shouldn't have been too hard to implement.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

noticed, but nowhere near the quantity of Berseria. Atleast so far

Yeah, Arise also doesn't have like, actually broken sentences in it's text either.

So Arise Bros, so far, who's your fav. to play as?

For me Alphen and Witch-chan. Especially Witch you can do some hella fun combos with. Alphen is ground, arte, Air Artes, blow them down, Boost, Arte, repeat.

Gunslinger i like to try more, but every time i do i forget i have to keep healing the party with her and the whole party just dies lmao

Punchy Boy i need to unlock more Artes with

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Although I'm sure some Tales fans will miss it

I mean, the after battle skits were really fun, but i take the time saving and better pacing over it, and there is still after battle banter anyway, which you can listen to while exploring or dungeon'ing!

I left off after the first major boss, so I still only have Alphen and Shionne

Between the two I definitely prefer Alphen, but I generally opt for non-ranged attackers when possible

He has a good combo flow, I think

I can't get into a good rhythm with Shionne's kit, though it's still early on

More artes may help her feel less limited

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So Arise Bros, so far, who's your fav. to play as?

Alphen but only because I rarely switch off the main lead when I play ARPGs because nearly every time, without fail, the main lead's play style is the one I prefer the most.

Xenoblade 2 and Torna are literally the only two cases where I'm cool playing as someone other than the lead.

Obviously in turn-based games, this doesn't matter but even then, I'd still keep the main lead at the front of the party.

But anyways, if Alphen is down, Law is my next choice. Rinwell and Shionne, I prefer to let the AI handle them.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

More artes may help her feel less limited

Honestly Shionne really is better under the AI as that means she gets to use all her artes, not just the ones you set. That goes for everyone but when Shionne is the healer......yeah.

When you finish case 3 of The Great Ace Attorney 2

32oadv.png

Since I didn't want to start case 4 immediately, I tried playing the original Metroid using a guide... but I got bored after getting my second energy tank, so I might just play through Fusion again before Dread releases. I remember somehow bumbling my way to Fake Kraid the last time I played Metroid 1 without a guide, so that's an accomplishment I suppose.

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's a lot of words to convince me that you aren't secretly trying to push me into playing a hentai VN.

I mean, who knows, really? Maybe you're secretly a trillionaire and you bribed Steam to change the game's page in order to look like a proper game so I'll be fooled into buying it. Anything's possible. Where's your proof that my hypothesis is false? Huh, where is it, Mr. Ghost 06, if that's even your real name?

Ghost, you really expect me to take your recommendations seriously when you come out with this immediately afterwards? My theory only feels more plausible with each passing minute, and I've yet to hear a rebuttal. I mean, sure, I haven't hit the "submit reply" button yet, but...

Man, I've told you before: this isn't hentai, it's a drama aimed at young boys.

It's about a teenage love triangle. A boy likes a girl, but the girl likes his friend. The girl declares herself to her friend, and the friend says he's going to kiss her to test something. The MC sees them kissing by chance and doesn't talk to his friend and can't talk to the girl anymore. The friend moves and leaves the school. Years pass, now in high school, the MC decides to approach the girl again and declare himself to her, only a new girl comes along who claims to know them and, well, I don't want to spoil the surprise. Like all of Shuzo Oshimi's previous works, it deals with the author's own complicated relationship with gender, masculinity, femininity, love, and lust.

44 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

tumblr_mn5rqjXAUE1qib9f5o1_400.gif

Smh Twilit

I believed you thought that love is eternal. Why are you objecting to blossoming love?

42 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

mazed_michael | Find & Make GIFs on Gfycat

nwAHXlM.gif

41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, how pleasant and passionate. This is not what I would have expected from an 06 recommendation, I would have expected something a lot more—

Want to be a bastard who sells a child's soul to have sex with a demon? You may!

Ah, there it is.

C'mon man, I am not like this.

Wait, what? When are healers ever bad?

It's an opportunity cost. Your only healer is already one of the best characters in the game and the only way to get access to the healer skills is by specializing in the class, and the specialization manual costs a fortune and you can only get it at the end of the game.

What does it mean for a voice to be described as violent? 🤔

It's about the lines your character utters while in battle. Like, if your character is cocky, he'll mock the opponent.

Okay but like how far do these consequences stretch? Are there different endings? Can you get people killed.

Yes, you can get people killed. Your allies can betray you if you do something really upseting, and you can betray them too. There are 4 endings, which although they are similar, decide who will live or die.

So, go with Dwarf Noble is what you’re saying?

Only if you value story above all else (Dwarf Noble has the most emotional weight in the story), because dwarves can only be Rogues or Warriors. If you want smooth gameplay, choose mage. The Human Mage origin can be interesting if you like the game and want to play Dragon Aage 2 later, since then the two protagonists would be from the same family. You can become king/queen if you choose Human Noble and people in general will treat you better during the game (it will also make killing a minor antagonist much more rewarding), so it has some perks, but suffer from the same problem as the Dwarf origin (no mage, the most OP class).

Edited by Ghost_06_

2 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

It's about a teenage love triangle. A boy likes a girl, but the girl likes his friend. The girl declares herself to her friend, and the friend says he's going to kiss her to test something. The MC sees them kissing by chance and doesn't talk to his friend and can't talk to the girl anymore. The friend moves and leaves the school. Years pass, now in high school, the MC decides to approach the girl again and declare himself to her, only a new girl comes along who claims to know them and, well, I don't want to spoil the surprise. Like all of Shuzo Oshimi's previous works, it deals with the author's own complicated relationship with gender, masculinity, femininity, love, and lust.

Wait, this actually sounds quite familiar.

I'm pretty sure I came across a summary like that while browsing through stuff in... Mangadex? One of those.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

That's a lot of words that only confirm my previous knowledge that it's a hentai.

Okay, but jokes aside, I hope this one ends with a double murder by knife and decapitation. Just an idle thought. Not referring to anything in particular here.

C'mon man, I am not like this.

You reap what you sow.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, this actually sounds quite familiar.

I'm pretty sure I came across a summary like that while browsing through stuff in... Mangadex? One of those.

It's fairly recent, so it's possible.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, but jokes aside, I hope this one ends with a double murder by knife and decapitation. Just an idle thought. Not referring to anything in particular here.

🐣 25+ Best Memes About School Days Ending | School Days Ending Memes

6 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

It's fairly recent, so it's possible.

Don't remember when I first saw it, but if the twist is that

Spoiler

the friend is a female transgender who transitioned as an answer to normalize "his" budding homosexuality... then it's likely the one I came across while browsing.

If not, then I guess someone had a similar idea, one is outright basing itself from the other, or I'm overstating how long I read that summary.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Yes, you can get people killed. Your allies can betray you if you do something really upseting, and you can betray them too. There are 4 endings, which although they are similar, decide who will live or die.

Good… very good.

15 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Only if you value story above all else, because dwarves can only be Rogues or Warriors. If you want smooth gaming, choose mage. The Human Mage origin can be interesting if you like the game and want to play Dragon Aage 2 later, since then the two protagonists would be from the same family. You can become king/queen if you choose Human Noble and people in general will treat you better during the game, so you have some perks, but suffer from the same problem as the Dwarf origin (no mage, the most OP class).

I mean, how good a story are we talking here? Does the origin only affect the beginning of the game or does it last throughout?

And just how good is mage? Does it actually make the game brain dead? Cause if so I probably wouldn’t want to pick it anyway.