• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

🐣 25+ Best Memes About School Days Ending | School Days Ending Memes

Please tell me you watched that one in its entirety. It seems like the kind of crap you'd watch. It's in character for you.

I can't be the only one here that watched that one.

It'd be incompatible with... life.

I was like 13 and the ending fascinated me, I wanted to see how things got up to that point, that's all! Never woulda happened nowadays!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO ONE ASKED?!??!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You might be making things worse for yourself just by going on, because I at least have no idea what you’re talking about. I’ve never heard of this show or its boat.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Please tell me you watched that one in its entirety. It seems like the kind of crap you'd watch. It's in character for you.

I was like 13 and the ending fascinated me, I wanted to see how things got up to that point, that's all! Never woulda happened nowadays!

You watched School Days when you were 13?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You might be making things worse for yourself just by going on, because I at least have no idea what you’re talking about. I’ve never heard of this show or its boat.

Too true. Avert thine eyes, Sookes. You didn't read anything. I posted nothing.

There is nothing here.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You watched School Days when you were 13?

Yep. Maybe I was 14, I dunno exactly. Really young age, I know that for sure.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Want the long or short version of that?

Wow, the notebook heavily implies that I will be spending like… the whole game here. Or that this will serve as a base of sorts, at the very least. The remote/support abilities, reminds me of a mix between Three Houses’ adjutants and AwakeFates’ pair up. Poor Tita gets used as the example of a bench warmer though. Twice.

And there’s a section on side stories, me like.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Want the long or short version of that?

Whichever one allows me to bully Ruben the most.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Which of the Black Hole COs are you talking about here? I remember the one that dropped meteors on the enemy units, and the one that was really ugly, but this one is escaping my memory...

None of them are actually called Mr. Blackhole like Mr. Blackhole is.

EudiJ7gVEAIBXB0?format=jpg&name=large

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nah i was just exploring when suddenly dragon appeared

I am lvl 18, he was 26

So i got rekt lol. Even if i did do good progress

The dragon boss I fought was the same level, he just showed up in the middle of a battle with some boars.

Because of quest.

44 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

My pride won't allow this lol

Hard mode only

I'm built different.

....also don't have as much free time because work+college so repeating things over and over isn't a worth it anymore.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I never watched it myself but I later found out that the anime's ending is actually the bad ending of the visual novel it's based on.

Why they chose to adapt the bad ending, I have no idea but it made for some memes.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Vanish is a turn bonus in this game?? They really didn’t pull any punches, huh?

Vanish is a turn-bonus from now on.

Granted, in Crossbell and Cold Steel, it's only limited to specific areas.

Been watching some of the US Open matches. Tennis, maybe because Mario Tennis childhood fun, made me appreciate and understand the sport more, is kinda interesting to me, despite my apathy to sports in general. The women's finals ended intensely between two young and promising athletes; the men's between the two best players in the world, and it ended lopsidedly miserably.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Or did you actually buy a physical copy i forget people do that on Switch.

Yep, physical! Always do unless it's on a massive digital sale or a game that started digital-only, and only later got a limited run of extra-expensive physical copies. 

The likelihood of getting a defect game card is low, but I did have my first disc of Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper not work once, so out of peace of mind for those who purchase games for me, I needed to do a test run to make sure it function.

I will say the game card slot is cumbersome to open and pop another game in. And the allure of being able to freely pick my title without having to go into the closet and grab the two boxes is tempting. But, until physical goes away, I'll go for it with my Nintendo consoles.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

One thing i gotta give Tales props for is that they don't fall into Anime harem cringe bullshit tropes. Not just Arise, but ones i finished or just played/watched, Tales may be anime af, and not always well written, but it's not the cringe kind of anime

Symphonia technically offers Lloyd the choice to experience several scattered nonromantic scenes with any of the other heroes although it's 99% likely to be Colette, male or female.

• Symphonia also provided some minor grounds for shipping LloydxSheena instead of LloydxColette, but it similarly left open the door to some ZelosxColette instead of ZelosxSheena, so it cut both ways.

Xillia suggests some room for JudexLeia, but it's fairly obvious to Leia IIRC that JudexMilla is the only true ship. Although Milla is a bit difficult to date b/c duties as the Lord of Spirits.

In the case of Graces, the game kinda ends up being anti-romance. IIRC, Cheria, Asbel's only suitor, actually gives up on trying to win his oblivious heart -until the rerelease's added future arc that is.

So yeah, from what I've seen the games haven't ever thrown every woman at the main dude. 

56 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Love can blossom in the bedroom behind closed doors, thanks very much

I remember watching one interview on National Geographic, featuring a gay man who writes a romance & sex advice column IIRC. He claimed that true love can result from a one-night stand, contrary to what we would like to admit. Nobody wants to tell their children that.

56 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

and love is a government construct anyway

"Humans will never come to understand each other. You said that she is the person you love. But can you say that you even truly understand each other? All humans do is place themselves at a comfortable distance from each other and call that 'mutual understanding', 'spiritual unity', or 'true love'... but it is all lies! Man cannot associate with others without first deceiving themselves. "

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In the case of Graces, the game kinda ends up being anti-romance. IIRC, Cheria, Asbel's only suitor, actually gives up on trying to win his oblivious heart -until the rerelease's added future arc that is.

the future arc is weird af. The conversations they have are strange... At least to me they are. 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…so when is nightmare mode supposed to get good? Because this isn’t what I would call good.

What do you mean its not good?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't remember when I first saw it, but if the twist is that

Reveal hidden contents

the friend is a female transgender who transitioned as an answer to normalize "his" budding homosexuality... then it's likely the one I came across while browsing.

If not, then I guess someone had a similar idea, one is outright basing itself from the other, or I'm overstating how long I read that summary.

Probably.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I mean, how good a story are we talking here?

A very well done cliché with tons of interesting worldbuilding. 2's story is better, although the rest of the game YMMV.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Does the origin only affect the beginning of the game or does it last throughout?

It mainly affects the origin (80%), but the npcs act differently according to the origin. As I said before, people treat you better if you're human and noble. Elves are not well regarded (were literally based on WW2 Jews) and everyone hates them. Wizards too. People are surprised to see a dwarf who has left Orzammar and lives on the surface, etc.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

And just how good is mage?

Stupidly powerful Glass Cannon that is very easy to use as long as you keep them far from the frontlines (which is hard as the MC) until...

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Does it actually make the game brain dead? Cause if so I probably wouldn’t want to pick it anyway.

you get access to Arcane Warrior. Then the game becomes braindead, as now your Mage can use armor and become a tank almost as good as a warrior. Combine this with the Blood Mage specialization and you'll have the strongest combo in the game (High DPS + tankiness).

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nope, I haven't watched it in it's entirety, only skipped to the ending, as the anime is a boring bastardization of the VN.

Which I read.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Love can blossom in the bedroom behind closed doors, thanks very much

But they were in the bedroom in the first pages I posted. And now the two will enjoy a bath by themselves.

I can't believe I just gagged on cake. I'm aware of mochi becoming something of a trend in the US now. I'm alright with the ice cream kind, but mochi cake is a no.  I tried a yellow cake mix with mochi in it, gave it a chocolate-peanut butter mix to give it another fair chance. That dense, gummy texture does not align with my palette at all.🤢 I feel guilty now forcing someone else to eat the whole thing. Sorry Japan, your sweetened rice paste ain't for me.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

the future arc is weird af. The conversations they have are strange... At least to me they are. 

I never actually saw the future arc, since my first PS3 went dead during second-to-last dungeon later. I just looked up a summary online, and saw the romance mentioned as being back on.

By strange, do you mean the contents/topics or the phrasing of the conversations? If you mean the latter, then considering Berseria I'm loosely aware has typographical errors later on, maybe they didn't proofread edit the future arc translation very well? Assuming they were trying to meet a deadline and were proceeding through the text chronologically, that would've come at the end. Exhaustion and the rush to finish are bad combination for sane wording.

12 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

And now the two will enjoy a bath by themselves.

luminous-arc-0015.jpg

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

52 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What do you mean its not good?

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wut?

I just feel like the game is going a liiiittle too hard. I already posted about the very intro segment (which, to sum up, the game really doesn’t give you enough EP charges to account for the fact that every battle has 2-4 enemies that completely wreck your part member and there’s no ornament charging station or anything) and since then the random encounters were actually fine (the first battle against the skeleton things as part of the story with Kevin and Ries was actually kind of good). Then I got to Tita’s moon door which is pretty simple, you have to fight these three pretty powerful enemies but they heal you if you attack them until their health is lowered a bit, which would be a cool way to punish players for just spamming attacks without thinking. The problem is that you don’t really have a way to space them out and they will naturally position themselves next to each other, so since Tita’s base attacks are AoE, the battle actually becomes an extreme luck fest. You can use her smoke canon to blind every enemy, giving you much better odds, but that doesn’t change the fact that she dies to three attacks and there are three enemies, who will almost always be acting all in a row. All you really need is to get unlucky, and afaik the enemies will use their standard attacks at high health if Tita doesn’t attack them, which do around the same damage, so that kind of just makes the whole thing fall apart. I mean, you could use single target arts if you really wanted to but lol, Tita using offensive arts. And you would still need to get lucky unless I’m missing something.

I’m holding out hope that this difficulty will get better, though. I’ve heard good things. The enemies having the ability to completely wreck your party isn’t even necessarily a bad thing as long as you’re given the tools to properly deal with that.

49 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

A very well done cliché with tons of interesting worldbuilding. 2's story is better, although the rest of the game YMMV.

It mainly affects the origin (80%), but the npcs act differently according to the origin. As I said before, people treat you better if you're human and noble. Elves are not well regarded (were literally based on WW2 Jews) and everyone hates them. Wizards too. People are surprised to see a dwarf who has left Orzammar and lives on the surface, etc.

Stupidly powerful Glass Cannon that is very easy to use as long as you keep them far from the frontlines (which is hard as the MC) until...

you get access to Arcane Warrior. Then the game becomes braindead, as now your Mage can use armor and become a tank almost as good as a warrior. Combine this with the Blood Mage specialization and you'll have the strongest combo in the game (High DPS + tankiness).

So… go with Noble Dwarf it is? Arcane warrior sounds too good, maybe it’s better to go with someone who can’t use it just in case the temptation ever strikes.

But then again, I guess it’s if I do play the game. Seems interesting, so I won’t completely disregard it, though I’ll want to look into the gameplay more.

Edited by Sooks