Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, I think I only need one more "chapter", then I can upload this tomorrow.

I'll write it later in the day. For now, I think it's time for some more Fallout 3. I think I'll do the finally step of Those! at Grayditch, then finally go to the northeast quadrant of the wasteland.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Resumed Bravely Default 2. Leaving the game in sleep mode, provided you have WiFi, while visiting a certain old lady results in you randomly getting free money, EXP, JP, consumable items, and permanent stat boosters while you do other things IRL. Logging up to 12 hours of stuff at any time. A less intensive and more optional version of the old Norende/moon base, and SP of the prior two games so it seems. 

Finished the prologue chapter and stopped before what is hopefully the next boss battle. As with BD1, the game ends the prologue with the player having Freelancer, White Mage, Black Mage, Knight and Monk jobs. For the second set of cartoon villains to clobber into giving me their orange rocks of clothes-changing powers, it looks to be the first on the list is Performer/Bard, followed by something feral, and something else which I can't define but seems physical judging from the girth of its wielder. I'm eager to do them in, because I want my classes. Yet again, the second area is the desert realm, although I do like the unusual premise of having its problem be flooding. The game's towns look as picturesque with a 19th century-early 20th storybook aesthetic as always.

With regards to the characters, well the mostly British voice acting is a change for the Bravely series. Not all of them seem British though, Seth sounds American, and one bad dude I sent running is Australian, slipping in what I now confirm is a word of Australian slang. Elvis's Scottish is pretty darn stereotypical, and paired with an as-typical love for taverns and a wee sip of the good stuff. Adele being described in a little fetch quest as having a love for food, and being the physical-leaning girl, does give her some resemblance to Edea, but without Miss Lee's touch of anger. Gloria and Seth I can conclude so far as being less dramatic, less exaggerated versions of Agnes and Tiz as well. Does being more muted -one chapter of what will be at least six in- help or hinder Adele, Gloria, and Seth? So far, I can't really judge.

You know what is really neat about Tales of Arise? If you start an item-collecting quest and you have all the items already, the option to accept the quest will be replaced by an option to instantly complete it. It's not a huge QoL thing but it's really neat.

Anyways i'm like 17 hours in, i have all the party members and all. Alphen and Shionne make for some really solid leads imo. That said, the overall cast, while good, feels a little bit, just a little bit, of a step down than Berseria's cast, mainly as far as chemistry goes. But i do appreciate not having the entire party join within the first four hours, which gives them more time to focus on their individual stories.

Hey, can somebody tell me when I spent 50 hours on Great Ace Attorney?

I... honestly wasn't expecting it to be this long. And I'm still halfway through the second game. Hardly felt like 50 hours at all. Hot damn.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Oh, i didn't realize but today is Torna's third anniversary

Let's celebrate

Best normal battle theme in the series.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Story and Cast didn't catch me yet like Berseria did at all

I mean plot is whatever, that's par for the course for this series.

I'll say this tho, for as bad as Berseria's villains were, at least they were a recurring threat. Arise's villains just exist to die.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, can somebody tell me when I spent 50 hours on Great Ace Attorney?

I... honestly wasn't expecting it to be this long. And I'm still halfway through the second game. Hardly felt like 50 hours at all. Hot damn.

Plot twist: you left on your Switch in your sleep and it counted the hours.

Just now, Armagon said:

Plot twist: you left on your Switch in your sleep and it counted the hours.

> Your Switch.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Funny how that text-heavy game you could endure, but not SRW. I guess being more VN than otherwise does the trick for you, hahaha.

The manner of story being told helps too. I've always enjoyed crime and mystery stories, even Ace Attorney with its more... over-the-top tone, for a lack of a better description. What I saw of SRW's story did not pique my interest at all, I'm afraid, and neither did the gameplay. Too bad.

5 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Finished the third case of the second GAA game. Holy. Fuckkkkkkkkkkkk.

Hey, I'm catching up to you! I'm halfway through that case myself. Guess this means I can expect great things in the near future.

Okay, before actually heading north out of the city ruins, first I'll head to the last area I've yet to go to: Takoma Park.

Which is... very incidental. Even more so than other city ruin areas. It's the usual place with no quests or anything of note involved, a place or two to explore, and that's it. Except Takoma Park is pretty much a dead-end, only connecting to Vernon Square. So not much reason to go there... but I'll do it anyway for the map markers if anything. Well, and the loot, but you can always count for there being some loot almost everywhere in this game.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, I'm catching up to you! I'm halfway through that case myself. Guess this means I can expect great things in the near future.

Too many hot people are in this case. Herlock is certified himbo, and I love him.

Tita just happened to get a death turn with two enemies right next to each other. You know what that means.

That was fun.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bosses are resistant to it because fuck you.

What would be the point of boss battles if you could just grab a death turn and end then immediately?

2 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Too many hot people are in this case. Herlock is certified himbo, and I love him.

I had my eyes on the coroner, myself.

By which I mean, what are you talking about, DodgeDusk? I am here for the enthralling mysteries, the compelling narrative and the fun writing. Why would I care about how sexy the pixels are? Please. What manner of depraved weeb do you take me for?

24 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Finished the third case of the second GAA game. Holy. Fuckkkkkkkkkkkk.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Foolish fools, I'm five minutes into the fourth case (with 55 hours of game time). Though I haven't posted about the third case in the main GAA thread yet, so I need to do that before I get too far...

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I had my eyes on the coroner, myself.

By which I mean, what are you talking about, DodgeDusk? I am here for the enthralling mysteries, the compelling narrative and the fun writing. Why would I care about how sexy the pixels are? Please. What manner of depraved weeb do you take me for?

The coroner is... mm... yes, please. And you post in a cursed spam section in a forum about a weeb game franchise. You're a weeb.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Foolish fools, I'm five minutes into the fourth case (with 55 hours of game time). Though I haven't posted about the third case in the main GAA thread yet, so I need to do that before I get too far...

Slow down.

Edited by DodgeDusk

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Funny how that text-heavy game you could endure, but not SRW. I guess being more VN than otherwise does the trick for you, hahaha.

So do we recommend something like Corpse Party now?

3 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

And you post in a cursed spam section in a forum about a weeb game franchise. You're a weeb.

May I please use this quote in my sig?

Also, way to suicide bomb the thread. :P

Edited by Dayni

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Guess we'll see who wins this little race! So far I look to be losing, but in fairness, I started after you two and I'm catching up.

Ultimately, however, I suppose it's not as important to finish first as it is to finish while having presented the armband to everyone in sight. Or something very introspective like that.

The coroner is... mm... yes, please.

You said it.

And you post in a cursed spam section in a forum about a weeb game franchise. You're a weeb.

...All right, then. You win this round.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So do we recommend something like Corpse Party now?

I am familiar with Corpse Party, so too late for that.

Holy shit, I called it. Hah! I called it! I'm a friggin' genius.

....Now I just have another six or seven questions that I will patiently wait for the game to answer. But hey, it always feels great to call something like this.

Okay, I guess Takoma Park does have something of note going on for it. Namely, a Super Mutant Behemoth. Well, got lots of Mini Nukes, plus there's a Talon Company switch to call forth an artillery barrage. Like the one at Seward Square.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Guess we'll see who wins this little race! So far I look to be losing, but in fairness, I started after you two and I'm catching up.

Ultimately, however, I suppose it's not as important to finish first as it is to finish while having presented the armband to everyone in sight. Or something very introspective like that.

To be fair, I got the game the day it came out so it took me a month and a half to get to where I am now. Until recently I was alternating between it and another game because I didn't want to finish it too quickly, but I knew G2-3 is an important case so I went through it faster. The second half of G2-3 is probably the hardest part of the game up to that point, so keep that in mind.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh, i didn't realize but today is Torna's third anniversary

Let's celebrate

Ah yes, everyone remembers the first time they played The End of Tornagelion.

"Happy" anniversary!