Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

mentioned it before, but something that didn't bother me so much at first with Arise actually irked at me a fair bit more over time

I wish the skits had the older style portraits

they didn't have as many animations, but the ones that were there were super dynamic

gave a lot of personality to each character

dozens of skits in and they don't feel as memorable because of that

though the dialogue is good

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

As someone who plays with subtitles on solely for the reason of pointing out text mistakes, Arise has an alarmimgly high amount of them. Worse than Berseria, lmao

Edited by lightcosmo

Very interesting choice of a song here. It's a banger but it's so weird to hear it coming from a Metroid advertisement at least.

I don't know if Nintendo just got the license the song for the sake of the commercial or if it's from the game itself but either way, this makes me more excited.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm at 69 relationship points with Zevran. Well, I'd say it's time.

...Pppppppppppppppfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Ahhh, that was a great laugh. Thanks @Ghost_06_ for the recommendation.

EDIT: I GIFTED HIM A CHASTITY BELT AND OUR RELATIONSHIP WENT DOWN BY 50

THIS GAME

WHAT IS THIS GAME

.....aight yeah, imma end it all

thanos-infinity.gif?width=458&height=432

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

mBDeT2u.png

Magical Flier Palla

No ok, i think a lawsuit needs to be filed lmao.

39 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Tales of Arise mystic arte animation ratings so far... Meh.

Will say i could never really get any of the Lv.2 or higher Mystic Artes to activate. I got Alphen's by accident but all the other times, i could only get the Lv.1. Guess i just suck.

As for the AI, lol. Aside from Law, i can count the number of times i saw the AI do their Mystic Arte with one hand.

23 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

mentioned it before, but something that didn't bother me so much at first with Arise actually irked at me a fair bit more over time

I wish the skits had the older style portraits

they didn't have as many animations, but the ones that were there were super dynamic

gave a lot of personality to each character

dozens of skits in and they don't feel as memorable because of that

Probably because since it's the first time Tales has looked this good, they wanted to show off the character models at any given opportunity.

At any rate, the shift to 3D makes it feel like Xenoblade Heart-to-Hearts and also i like to slander Tales a lot so i don't really mind the change. And speaking of, i will advocate for making skits be like Heart-to-Hearts. It's neat but the fact that you can view them literally the moment they unlock, sometimes multiple in a row, kinda brings the game to a screeching halt sometimes. 

This is not an Arise thing, this is a Tales thing.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

As someone who plays with subtitles on solely for the reason of pointing out text mistakes, Arise has an alarmimgly high amount of them. Worse than Berseria, lmao

I don't think we played the same game. Arise had a few glaring ones yeah but it's nowhere near the level of Berseria.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think we played the same game. Arise had a few glaring ones yeah but it's nowhere near the level of Berseria.

Conversation between Shionne and Rinwell in battle about wanting to stay away from the enemies is just one example. What the text says on screen is not at all what they say in game. 

Half the time there are lines the character says but the text doesnt show. So yeah, im pretty sure i read that right. I'd consider myself an expert at pointing out text errors, really. 

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ai's mystic arte in Arise is dying 24/7

That's all Tales of games, though.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Conversation between Shionne and Rinwell in battle about wanting to stay away from the enemies is just one example. What the text says on screen is not at all what they say in game. 

Aight but tbf, my attention is not focused on the little text that shows up to the side of the screen.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

More examples: ressurection arte, Shionne says Resusitation, lmao. Scarlet Vortex is apparantly Scarlet Inferno now.

Ehh but these are cases of to-mato, to-ma-to.

I'm talking more about when the text doesn't match what's being said or, in Berseria's case, the text is just flat-out not a sentence.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Aight but tbf, my attention is not focused on the little text that shows up to the side of the screen.

Ehh but these are cases of to-mato, to-ma-to.

I'm talking more about when the text doesn't match what's being said or, in Berseria's case, the text is just flat-out not a sentence.

That doesnt mean it doesnt exist? 

I guess, I dunno, it should still be accurate imo.

Have you watched half the skits? I can hardly name any where it DOESNT happen!

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

it's still surprising to see text slip-ups like that in 2021 with localizations

or straight up typos

think what's happening is the voice acting is based off the Japanese script but then the text kinda like.....isn't. Would explain a lot of the "to-mato, to-ma-to" instances but it doesn't explain the text straight-up not matching what is being said.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That doesnt mean it doesnt exist? 

Sure but if i didn't really notice it, it probably wasn't a big deal.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Have you watched half the skits? I can hardly name any where it DOESNT happen!

I watched all of them and i feel like i would know if i saw any egregious examples of text not matching the voice.

Again tho, i ain't really counting instances where the text says "yes" but the voice says "yeah". 

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

probably last minute text changes that va didn't get to voice. Voice over is usually done quite a bit before release.

But some of them are way off. Berseria had this as well, not to mention Vesperia. 

Estelle "Yuri, we should leave a message for Patty at the inn..."

Yuri "I told you he's fine!" 

Lmao its funny considering the context.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Again tho, i ain't really counting instances where the text says "yes" but the voice says "yeah". 

Thats not what i mean, thats just the VA putting their personal take on a word/saying.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Thats not what i mean, thats just the VA putting their personal take on a word/saying.

My point is, it's only a problem if the text does not match at all.

Alphen saying "Scarlet Inferno" while the text says "Scarlet Vortex" isn't gonna cause me to lose sleep at night.

7 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Steaming now for anyone who cares to watch. :v

Popped it on.

Feeling the worry after Abel failed to hit the Hyman and realised he had a hand axe.

Edited by Dayni

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Zn5Svmx.png

And Catria is here

she's not bad, but...

well, i have 4 other fliers that are quite a bit stronger

Ngl, between the cape and the hair, my first thought was "Marth and Caeda's possible daughter"

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Holy sheet cakes, the other portal/Halls of Tribulation boss fights are insanity! Why on Earth does every single enemy have to gain BP simply for me using any ability? I'm amazed I survive as long as I do. I've grinded up to level 70 on all my characters, nabbed a heckuva lot of job levels (it goes by super quick now- 15 minutes and boom from 1 to 15), and yet I still drop like flies. The first one really was the outlier in terms of difficulty. I can bring a Shieldmaster in theory able to tank anything, I can bring a Spiritmaster with group Reraise and group full HP resurrection, I can have a Salve Maker drop 100% HP & MP-restoring buyable Elixirs on everyone, and it isn't enough. Three or four enemies taking four actions their every third turn at the latest is ludicrous.

Yeah, the last job levels aren't worth it. But I'll keep trying a few more times. I do like these fights, since having the various classes remixed together in enemy hands is interesting, but the BD and BS takes on this idea weren't as brutalizing, not that I remember. Other than the Conjurer-Black Mage-Summoner-Salve Maker fight in BD, that I had to Stillness + Shippujinrai cheese.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man, shame Jorwan isn't recruitable. Could've used more mages to compensate for any potential fuck ups on the irresponsible player's part.

He was going to be, but was cut due to time constraints.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

I really missed out not playing this at the time apparently.

There's always time, Dayni. Join us, the Dragon Age club needs more members.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhh, that was a great laugh. Thanks @Ghost_06_ for the recommendation.

I can't unsee this face. Thanks for the laughs.

Unpopular take time! I'm... Not really feeling Arise' combat system overall. Its got alot of minor flaws/issues that kinda hurt the gameplay too much imo. 

Ofc that could change later on, but so far im skeptical about it.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

String cheese?

There was chicken, bacon and fries underneath all that.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Unpopular take time! I'm... Not really feeling Arise' combat system overall. Its got alot of minor flaws/issues that kinda hurt the gameplay too much imo. 

Ofc that could change later on, but so far im skeptical about it.

This is someone I talked about back when I just started playing. The streamline changes will do a lot to bring in newcomers to the series, as well as being more enjoyable for those who couldn't really get into the series before (see: me and Shrimpy). On the flip side, series veterans might feel the changes are too much and would much prefer the traditional LMBS.