• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So now I'm invading the mafia's hideout. Except it's hard, so I'm leaving the rest for tomorrow. At least I found the jail and freed a guy. Not sure what that accomplished, but I'd have hoped he'd give me a map or something. Place is a damn maze.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know

one thing i want in the next FE is ''higher standard MoV'' again

You notice how in Jugdral, Tellius and DSFE that the ''standard'' MoV is 6 instead of 5? I honestly like that more.

Or y'know at least not lower it like Three Houses did

DSFE move is off the charts. Really streamlines the whole walking process. It's really nice, I agree.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Or y'know at least not lower it like Three Houses did

Yeah i give you that

BUT 

3H has Stride, which fixes that quite a bit

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

DSFE move is off the charts. Really streamlines the whole walking process. It's really nice, I agree.

Also when it comes to 6 standard mov you can be more variable with your mov than 5.

And 5 Mov armor knights in 6 mov game doesn't nearly hurt as bad as 4 mov in 5 mov game.

Ok Fates outside this whole discussion because Fates has pair up as a superior movement option

Edited by Shrimperor

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You notice how in Jugdral, Tellius and DSFE that the ''standard'' MoV is 6 instead of 5? I honestly like that more.

But RD has cliffs, swamps, and desert tiles, lmao. Knights cant get anywhere overall unless you use boots or Celerity, which is better used elsewhere obviously.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Pre-promotion standard you mean, to nitpick. It's 5-6 for infantry & 7-8 for mounties in GBA. Tellius like Archanea and other non-GBA FEs makes magical infantry -1 compared to physical infantry, which are 6-7 there, with mounties now 8-9. And Archanea oddly lets Heroes and Swordmasters reach 8, and Pallies and promoted fliers 10.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Yeah i give you that

BUT 

3H has Stride, which fixes that quite a bit

True. I mean, it'd be better to just generally have good movement instead of a bonkers ability that retroactively fixes the mistake while demolishing all semblance of balance. And it does nothing to solve the bigger issue, which is that it broadens the already huge gap in quality between fliers/mounts and infantry units.

But I digress. We all know I consider Three Houses to be a complete downgrade from Fates in every single aspect except story, which I don't care about. We don't need to go over it again.

Still terrified the series will be shaped by Three Houses going forward though, like holy shit I need them to announce the next FE just so I get some closure on that

Also when it comes to 6 standard mov you can be more variable with your mov than 5.

And 5 Mov armor knights in 6 mov game doesn't nearly hurt as bad as 4 mov in 5 mov game.

Knights in DSFE are weird. The unpromoted class is a complete disaster that's possibly the worst class in the game, but generals are quite good. Archers are quite similar, actually. Awful, awful class that promotes into a great sniper. Funny how things work.

Still, while I far prefer the alternative, I'll say that it's possible for lower movement to work. Berwick Saga's average infantry movement is four, and yet hexagons, tighter maps and light terrain penalties allow footies to move around with greater ease than the cavaliers at times. Let's not bring up the knights Problem is, most FEs are not attuned for low movement, yet they insist on keeping the movement low. That's how you end up with something like FE6. I love that game, but damn, it'd benefit so much from higher movement values.

Ok Fates outside this whole discussion because Fates has pair up as a superior movement option

Pair up shenanigans open up so many options, it's great. Only game where knights are truly good, because they are actually able to get to the frontlines to do their knight stuff.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Archanea oddly lets Heroes and Swordmasters reach 8

Kaga was biased towards swords.

Kaga did Blazer first.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But RD has cliffs, swamps, and desert tiles, lmao. Knights cant get anywhere overall unless you use boots or Celerity, which is better used elsewhere obviously.

which is good

Ponies need the nerf

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hexagons

yeah changes the whole thing xD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

RYdYDUY.png

Dat avoid

Also i forgot to mention that this game has Thracia capture :3

And Mov Growths, and con Growths. And Huge Range staffs

Would you not, please? HSoS is bad enough, and this has even less of a chance of a translation.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still terrified the series will be shaped by Three Houses going forward though, like holy shit I need them to announce the next FE just so I get some closure on that

Why do you even care? Nothing IS does will top Berwick to you anyway.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Would you not, please? HSoS is bad enough, and this has even less of a chance of a translation.

Also it has save points ala DSFE

And the option to turn on every turn save, which i do because language surprises lol

And sometimes the game likes to use ambush spawns... 

ylhIFh4.png

Gives me super Thracia vibes

29 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Why do you even care? Nothing IS does will top Berwick to you anyway.

Hey, that doesn't mean I cannot also enjoy a good FE. Sure, Berwick's wonderful, but I'm not always in the mood for Berwick. Berwick is not a 100% upgrade from FE, it's more of a sidegrade that I personally find better in many aspects, but that doesn't invalidate FE for me.

See, preferences aside, everything in my sig's FE ranking list that is above Sacred Stones (including it... After some difficulty tweaks to the ROM) is in the "I enjoy it, would replay, give me more of it" camp. And new things are always nice. I would love a nice new FE to add to that list.

I just want the new thing to be... Y'know, enjoyable. Which sadly, is likely not to happen, because my concept of "enjoyable" seems to clash with that of the majority of the fanbase. At the end of the day, IntSys wants to make money, and appealing to the masses makes more money than appealing to some guy in Spain. Them's the breaks.

Tl;dr: how I so wish I could be one of those zen masters who love every single FE unconditionally. Believe it or not, I am not out to hate as many games as possible. It just happens, I cannot help it. How do you guys do it?

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tl;dr: how I so wish I could be one of those zen masters who love every single FE unconditionally. Believe it or not, I am not out to hate as many games as possible. It just happens, I cannot help it. How do you guys do it?

For me it could be because on balance I accept most of the games for/despite their flaws I suppose, which if the game doesn't bother me so much makes it easier for me to just get into it. That and the higher tedium threshold I seem to have. Though I'm kinda out of FE in terms of games I'm playing for the last while anyway and that's fine, because I have other things to get on with and at least I have those while we wait for Trigon Scenario.

SDatBoL is a very high bar even for me though, hence why I can't face it as opposed to most others (I probably wouldn't replay Gaiden either in fairness).

Cleopatra: It’s not true, it’s bullshit. I did not hit him. I did not.

Mark Anthony:

Cleopatra: Oh hi Mark.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I always focus on the good each game has to offer. I think the only one that disappointed me was PoR.

Edited by Ghost_06_

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

RYdYDUY.png

Dat avoid

I see, it also has dynamic sprite changes. If changing the smile to a sad face is enough to say it changed, haha.

Okay, I've decided. Even if I can just get the other quest reward and have the Republic of Dave keep the status quo, I'll actually interfere just for the sake of RP. The one rigged election the loser is right to complain about.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

RYdYDUY.png

Dat avoid

What is this? Looks really cool!

For me, it's not that I love each game, per se (and this goes for any game, not just FE), it's more that I don't have the energy to actually hate any game.

Even my least favorite FEs (FE4 and FE6) don't make me angry. They just have aspects I dislike, which lead me to not want to play them.

Same goes for other games I don't enjoy.

I think each FE game has parts that are good, some that don't appeal to me, and others that do.

I also just tend to have either unpopular opinions or opinions so neutral it makes people mad, so take what I say with a grain of salt. :shrug:

Some cute lil' Lea gifs

LeaCool2.gif?width=432&height=432

LeaJump.gif?width=432&height=432

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I never claimed it was "perfectly fine". In fact, I could list plenty of issues with Vesperia, but at least I can admit its failings, not pass them off as perfectly acceptable. 

Shit im pretty sure I stated "Yuri was busted af" in fact, go ahead a few pages back and find it. Im not gonna go ahead and claim something silly like "well not everyone can pull off his 150 hit comboes so therefore he is balanced" nah thats not how that works, its still an issue.

Well i was more referring to how i'm one of two people here who finds LMBS to be fundamentally very awkward and not fun but nobody else here seems to have an issue.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Jo?

I think it's like the German equivalent of "what's up" or something.

@Shrimperor please confirm, i'm simply saying this based on the German character in CrossCode saying it a few times.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ah, so the game is bad. Got it.

I simply choose to not talk about the games i don't like as much.

Like yeah i'll slander Judgral until the end of time but i'm doing it in jest most of the time.

It's all about balance. I hate enough things about my life there's just nothing left to direct to stuff like video games. Or it feels like there's no point in hating them.