Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, come now. After everything that has happened, every choice I have made, did you seriously believe there was the slightest chance that I would not do this when presented with the option? Please. It was the only way it could've gone. You must've known that.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I mean, suuuuuuure, there's the tiny, insignificant detail that I could've prevented Alistair's death and at least let him go free by passing a speech check - which I would've easily done with my maxed out coercion - and instead chose to push for his decapitation. But let's gloss over the minute triffles.

This is why. You could've prevented this. He was the best character

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is it really, though? I'm not sure, Alistair's cool enough, I suppose, but he's still just a single goofball. I don't think it quite beats the genocide of the Dalish, or sacrificing the elven slaves (my own dad included) to give myself 1 constitution, or destroying the magic ashes that can cure any ill and proceeding to murder the old woman who had done nothing but selflessly help. Thankfully I only did three of these four things.

Fuck the elves, they deserved it, Alistair did not

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I'd just like to know why everyone is dressed in their regular attires except for Hero. What's up with that?

Ask the artist

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Mooorning! What did I miss?

Ruben crossed the line

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh.

Screen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-10-26-53-AM.pnScreen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-10-27-14-AM.pn

I know you didn't ask, but I'm tossing the concise poetic psychobabble explanation of what Persona are at you anyhow. "They are you, you are them."

Personas commonly take the form of classic mythological entities, but strictly speaking they don't have to. In the case of Persona 1, a rich kid's ultimate Persona is his old man butler who died earlier in the game, now with wings, a naginata, and a hoverboard, a sign of how much the kid cared about his servant.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As for Arise, I think everyone but me has played it lol.

I have not, nor Acacia, nor Sooks nor Benice.

My absence is not for lack of want, but for lack of means.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Man, hearing all this makes the revival even more surprising.

Well, time will tell if this sticks or not.

It throws extra pressure on the West, since they're the only ones who can provide the sales necessary for a lasting resurrection. Which makes me entirely doubtful that it'll succeed (unless Nintendo starts cranking out the marketing soon -doubtful). I'll settle for a smaller hope of a Dual Strike + Days of Ruin bundle. -Although Days of Ruin is in an entirely different aesthetic from the prior three games and therefore I don't think WayForward could handle it.

That also means any dream of a new game would have to make a decision.: Go back to the pre-DoR cheery aesthetic that defined every other game in the franchise, or continue expanding on DoR's world? Although there was no sequelbait at the end of DoR, it didn't close itself off to followups. Personally I want more DoR, but I know there has to be a strong traditionalist crowd. 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Finally, seamless battle transitions.

Also it looks really good. Like visually I mean. Crazy that this is still a budget series.

Although I remain on the sidelines, and shall continue to be there for some time, hopefully good graphics will invite more interest and thus sales. If that contributed to Arise becoming the fastest-selling Tales, maybe it can bolster Atelier the same. 

And purely on the principle of liking game preservation and accessibility to larger audiences, if this fourth Mysterious title continues to bring a ryza in Gust's profits, maybe they could continue their remake/remaster process. Looks like the 10 oldest mainline Atelier titles remain unmodernized.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although Days of Ruin is in an entirely different aesthetic from the prior three games and therefore I don't think WayForward could handle it.

Yeah, I don't think civilians getting nuked would fit with a chibi aesthetic...

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

And purely on the principle of liking game preservation and accessibility to larger audiences, if this fourth Mysterious title continues to bring a ryza in Gust's profits, maybe they could continue their remake/remaster process. Looks like the 10 oldest mainline Atelier titles remain unmodernized.

NpuxHu6xCa1u.gif

3 hours ago, Armagon said:
Ayy, that's very nice. Wouldn't mind seeing some if you're willing to share.

Just started with that a few days ago.

Found on Discord a friend who is teaching me a bit and the programm (streaming for each other).

I'm attempting to make a sprite of Lysithea for my RPG.

Since I have free next week, I hope I can share (good) results here.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Welcome back!

57 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

oh, and hello again @Julizan 👋

👋

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

What worked aside from Kirby for you?

Animal Crossing and especially the addition of N64. I just hope the expansion pass will not become that expensive. Hopefully not more than 50%, means 30 $ per year.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I quite enjoyed Odyssey, myself, though I didn't have the patience to go for 100%. As for Arise, I think everyone but me has played it lol.

I will definitely not go for 100%. 

Just have beaten first Bowser. Damn, this fight was funny. Punching his face was hilarious.

Good ol' Wii U VC. So superior to the Switch's poor replacement, it's not even funny.

Wii U: bad games and awesome VC (the best ones were also released for Switch)

I have literally two Wii U games: "Kirby And The Rainbow Curse" and "StarFox Zero"

I would be tempted to buy "Xenoblade Chronicles X", but I hope and think it will be also released on Switch sooner or later.

Is Undertale old enough to be called a classic? Either way, I hope you have fun.

Yeah, I joined the train a bit late, but better late than never!

Originally I did not plan to get Arise so early because it'd be on sale soon enough. Though I found a PS4 copy for 50 € which was still better than 70 €, so I grabbed it. I definitely did NOT regret it.

If you are interested in Tales but not entirely convinced, then wait for maybe a year. The games usually have a big sale.

Talking about Bandai: I watched their presentation yesterday, all I saw was "Cinderella Girls". 🤢

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

can I at least pass those around?

nope

but you can still synth in the final dungeon if needed

There are good farming spots somewhere. Check a guide for that

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What level should I be shooting for everyone anyway?

125-130

Just now, Julizan said:

Animal Crossing and especially the addition of N64. I just hope the expansion pass will not become that expensive. Hopefully not more than 50%, means 30 $ per year.

I expect that will be the minimum, but I think it's a decent bet to assume too. Sadly we won't know until next month and the delay in announcement might have been to avoid talk of the price too.

As for your game progress, anything you found particularly surprising to learn as you've been going??

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I expect that will be the minimum, but I think it's a decent bet to assume too. Sadly we won't know until next month and the delay in announcement might have been to avoid talk of the price too.

As for your game progress, anything you found particularly surprising to learn as you've been going??

I caught interest in "Metroidvanias", though rather "Castlevania" than "Metroid". I have beaten "Touhou Luna Nights" and "Kirby And The Amazing Mirror". Both were excellent g ames and first one was one of the hardest games I have played yet. Wanted to retry "Symphony Of The Night" soon. I know "Metroid" will get a new game next week, however I am not a big fan of space and aliens stuff.

Just now, Benice said:

Ah, welcome! Sorry that I missed you.

Hey there!

2 minutes ago, Julizan said:

I caught interest in "Metroidvanias", though rather "Castlevania" than "Metroid". I have beaten "Touhou Luna Nights" and "Kirby And The Amazing Mirror". Both were excellent g ames and first one was one of the hardest games I have played yet. Wanted to retry "Symphony Of The Night" soon. I know "Metroid" will get a new game next week, however I am not a big fan of space and aliens stuff.

I was on about the game you're still developing, but still, interesting. How rough is Touhou?

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

nope

but you can still synth in the final dungeon if needed

There are good farming spots somewhere. Check a guide for that

Got it.

125-130

Oh, that’s lower than I expected, but good since that was where I stopped with this first group (and where the characters I was using are).

Edited by Sooks

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I was on about the game you're still developing, but still, interesting. How rough is Touhou?

Oh, sorry.

7/9 maps are pretty much done gameplaywise and storywise.  It will be similar FE10 with having different groups, merged at the end. That said with private stuff I could bring out a "beta" version maybe at the end of the year. Still I have to make portraits and sprites which will be definitely the hardest part of the project since I am a noob in drawing.

As for "Luna Nights" there were bosses I needed up to 100 attempts and 2 h. However at the end I played more patient and took the time to understand the enemy's pattern, so it was less bad than in the first half in the game. Even aside of bosses this game features lots of difficult platformer sections in which you can die easily. It's challenging, but considering it's a fangame, I must say I was very surprised in a positive way. Was a tough but fun game overall. Though I have not faced the extra bosses.

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, I don't think civilians getting nuked would fit with a chibi aesthetic...

Thankfully that doesn't happen. A freakish rain of meteors does wipe out most life on Earth, but that happens entirely offscreen before the game begins!

For whatever serious moments Days of Ruin has, it intersperses a few humorous moments that balance things out. Unfortunately, none of the little laughs are so succinct as to be condensible to a single quip, leaving me unable to show any. I'd go so far as to say that while traditional AW is more lighthearted than DoR, Days of Ruin has more jokes.

-Though this only applies to Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Advance Wars: Dark Conflict is a whole different translation. Will, Brenner, Lin, and Isabella can be comedic; Ed, O'Brian, Lin, and Catleia, not so much. And no, I don't care that DoR is less faithful to the original Japanese than DC, I still like it more!😛

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You forget this thread was forged by Jules in the fires of Teeheedom.

It was more innocent time Dayni, before the madness really took root in the hearts of some members in this thread.

*Wraith shivers*

Now I'm in the mood for looking at some DoR vs. DC comparisons again...

Screen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-12-45-25-PM.pnScreen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-12-45-34-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-12-46-33-PM.pnScreen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-12-46-46-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-12-47-07-PM.pnScreen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-12-47-19-PM.pn

What? Why would the localizations differ on basic statistics? 

On the one hand, "A-Grade" sounds better than "Excellent" for ranking quality, so Dark Conflict gets a point for that. On the other, Days of Ruin replacing the three zeroes with specific numbers emphasizes the strangeness of Isabella more. I think I'll give DoR a second point for exaggerating Rubinelle/Laurentia's military spending.

Another oddity, in a line I didn't screenshot, Dark Conflict's Catleia mentions Zephyrus, but Days of Ruin's Isabella doesn't her version of the same line doesn't outright name Lazuria, she says "Rubinelle and its neighbor". Catleia also says Laurentia and Zephyrus have been at war "since the last century", whereas Isabella states Rubinelle and the neighbor that is Lazuria "have been at war for a century". The difference in meaning is astounding.

:KnollRoll: 

Though it's tedious watching and meticulously rewatching two videos back and forth, this is nonetheless fascinating to me.