Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You know all that tricky Shinesparking tech in Fusion and Zero Mission? Dread made it a command. Yes, even a scrub like me can Shinespark in Morph Ball now because it's a command.

Shinesparking has never been this good.

Actually the Speed Booster in general had never been this good, you can finally run without activating it.

Glad to hear you can enjoy it!

I'll stick with the original though xd

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Glad to hear you can enjoy it!

I'll stick with the original though xd

You actually need to Shinespark anyway. It's a required technique in this game.

Not the first time tho, there is another game where Shinesparking is required to progress.

Just now, Armagon said:

You actually need to Shinespark anyway. It's a required technique in this game.

Not the first time tho, there is another game where Shinesparking is required to progress.

I meant the complex techs ZM had. 

Personal taste though and nothing wrong with the newer style.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

meant the complex techs ZM had. 

Fair. Although you probably will appreciate that the Speed Booster itself is activated on command here, so you can use it when you actually want to.

Just now, Armagon said:

Fair. Although you probably will appreciate that the Speed Booster itself is activated on command here, so you can use it when you actually want to.

Oh im sure it will feel amazing, im just a more "nostalgia" kinda person when it comes to Metroid, dunno why.

Oh lol, so I did the "Good" path of Tranquility Lane, activating the Failsafe program... and at least one of the residents managed to get inside a house to escape from the Chinese Soldiers. Wonder if his AI will make him go back out, but then he might quickly go back in, and the soldiers don't enter the houses. WELP.

But that's it for Tranquility Lane and finally reunited with James. Back to the Jefferson Memorial it is, well Rivet City actually... but that will be another day.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Nevermind, you do have to go through Cataris at this point. I just wasn't looking hard enough.

The Phantom Cloak makes avoiding the E.M.M.I. easier, though the green one has a tendency to waltz into Samus and kill her even with the invisibility. And what does a bounty hunter have to do to get a Morph Ball on this planet? It seems the developers are holding out on it for longer than usual.

54 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Easy mode.

I wish I was joking, but I seriously had no clue at all how to progress. The best I could do was stun it while everyone else spammed attacks but I could only get it down to like a quarter HP while it would just completely wreck the party.

06 not knowing how Trails combat works

Sooks not knowing how Dragon Age combat works

Pin by Maxwell Francois on eBay Finds | Ebay finds, Ebay

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wow, the game really lets you go places with the dialogue options.

You can just straight up kick Morrigan out though? Why?

PLAYER CHOICE

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Alistair good.

Someone remind me to be mad at Ruben when I find out what he did to him.

*Garon laugh*

S-ranked Okehazama and went to do the first Secret History battle, which is Okehazama, but Yoshimoto counterfactually wins. He is the only sledge hammer user in the game, and while it's a slow weapon, it's better than Yoshihiro Shimazu's old version of the weapon. I played on Easy b/c I wanted to finally unlock Imagawa, and I managed to get an S-rank on my first try, which unlocked the second Secret History battle. Turns out they're all individual battles, no fictional storyline connecting them.

The second Secret History battle is sillier, the Ashikaga Shogun is powerless, but wants to assert his prestige by holding a contest. He invites the "Big Four" of Yoshimoto, Shingen, Kenshin, and Motonari (no Ujiyasu Hojo in this game, sadly) to see who is the strongest of them all. Whoever wins gets the title of "Vice-Shogun". Magoichi is hired to oversee the contest, and you have to use him, plus one of the Big Four, whichever you pick is the one he thinks has the best chance of winning, he wants to cozy on up to them. I picked Kenshin, of the four, he is the one I like the most. Plus, the one-page bio SW5 has on Kenshin describes him as a warlord who strangely did not wish to expand his territory, and he shows up in the first Kyoto battle in the story, interested in restoring the Shogun to his throne. The fictional title suits him. I liked Motonari, but SW5 gave him some grit, he is no longer the seemingly harmless, overly eager nerd he used to be.

The fight begins with the Big Four members you didn't pick as allies competing in the Shogun's challenges. These challenges includes appearances by Nagamasa, Yoshikage, and Mitsuhide, as well as Mitsuki and Kazuuji. But once the contest ends and the Shogun picks you as the Vice-Shogun, the other three candidates say f*** it and turn red and ready to kill you. Oh, and Hisahide Matsunaga isn't happy he wasn't invited so you have to dispatch him too, plus some generics who want to overthrow the Shogun. While the pre-battle and post-battle scenes are customized depending on which warlord you chose, I was disappointed to see the other Big Four candidates don't say anything specific to your chosen character, Shingen said naught but generic words to his Uesugi rival. Still, with completion of this fight, I've unlocked Magoichi Saika and with him, the entire roster has been obtained at last.

Before I can do any more of the Secret History battles however, it turns out the rest except the last two require two S-ranks in specific chapters, so I have to go back and get those.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Discrimination against the peasant upstart, aren't they.

Toyotomi Hideyoshi: *Removes the social ladder he just finished climbing*

In both mannerisms and appearance, they nailed Hashiba as earthly and common in this game. The grounds for nouveau riche dandyism are readily apparent too. The contrast with the muted, silver-spooned Ieyasu is palpable.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Best I know... nope. In fact, nothing that has to do outside Japan ever does. You never see the failed invasion of Korea ever brought either, is it. Ironic, since Gracia is her Baptist name, so you'd think they'd also just call her with her original name Tama. Yet they don't.

You'd think they'd be able to slip in a brief appearance by some European merchants and sailors, because where else did those matchlocks and Yasuke come from?

That, and IIRC from what I learned in college, Japan during Sengoku mined 25% of the world's total silver output. China accepting little except silver and having a good deal of goods of interest to the Japanese and Europeans alike, some European merchants went back and forth between the two nearby countries, trading silver for silk, silk for silver, and the like.

And Korea is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too touchy a topic. Musou could never handle it with sufficient sensitivity, due to the often lighthearted spirit of Musou.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Does Sony have a monopoly on Kingdom Hearts? That seems......not right. Especially since we do have Melody of Memories on Switch. Which is a spin-off but still (lol, KH spin-offs).

We don't know if there is a real monopoly on the mainlines, but it seems that way. Similar to the Persona situation, where despite an audience for Persona existing on the Switch, all Nintendo has ever gotten of it, is the two Persona Q 3DS dungeon crawling spinoffs, made because the Japanese Persona fans wanted 3DS Persona.

Back to Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories was originally on GBA, the DS had 358/2 Days, and the 3DS had the appropriately named Dream Drop Distance (DDD- 3D). The second of these three can be considered relatively minor in regards to the story, while CoM is a "bridge" between KH1 and 2, and DDD is a "bridge" between 2 and 3, so I'm told.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

You know all that tricky Shinesparking tech in Fusion and Zero Mission? Dread made it a command. Yes, even a scrub like me can Shinespark in Morph Ball now because it's a command.

Shinesparking has never been this good.

Actually the Speed Booster in general had never been this good, you can finally run without activating it.

I like. Maybe I can actually 100% a 2D Metroid now.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Dread Suit Samus for next Smash Bros.? Though personally I might prefer the Samus Returns design as the default with the Dread Suit as an alternate costume.

NO! STOP WITH THE COUNTERS! I'M GOING TO THROW MY KITCHEN'S GRANITE AT SOMETHING IF SAMUS GETS A COUNTER!

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Interesting. Someone over at the Steam forums has a rough general translation of the Stage 1 video:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/898750/discussions/0/3084394448726860475/

And as they have started to theorize... there might be a possibility that the Huckebein 30 is... the 008R from the Vanishing Trooper incident (Alpha's or OGverse's? Who knows, could be either! Though likely OGverse's as it is most likely.).

Did they find a severed hand in the cockpit when the unit was first discovered? 

So a malfunctioning Black Hole Engine creates a wormhole to another dimension? Don't tell me this is going to be relevant to 3rd OG, I'm thinking that game is already going to be narratively packed. Seeing a lost mech brought back, even if it has an identical sibling, is inherently cool. 

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You'd think they'd be able to slip in a brief appearance by some European merchants and sailors, because where else did those matchlocks and Yasuke come from?

That, and IIRC from what I learned in college, Japan during Sengoku mined 25% of the world's total silver output. China accepting little except silver and having a good deal of goods of interest to the Japanese and Europeans alike, some European merchants went back and forth between the two nearby countries, trading silver for silk, silk for silver, and the like.

And Korea is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too touchy a topic. Musou could never handle it with sufficient sensitivity, due to the often lighthearted spirit of Musou. 

Eventually Japan started making their own, so just skip the whole "foreigners introduced us to the idea" and that's dealt with. How does Yasuke is treated again? As someone outside of Japan... but not presented by Jesuit missionaries, I'd assume.

Well, eventually Spain compensated with the silver of Mexico and Peru, but yeah, Japan was also a big exporter of the stuff for them before they went isolationist.

True, but it's still "not related to Japan proper" so it gets skipped. So you just have rebellions against Hideyoshi for... much less than what the Korea misadventure caused.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did they find a severed hand in the cockpit when the unit was first discovered? 

So a malfunctioning Black Hole Engine creates a wormhole to another dimension? Don't tell me this is going to be relevant to 3rd OG, I'm thinking that game is already going to be narratively packed. Seeing a lost mech brought back, even if it has an identical sibling, is inherently cool. 

Maybe we'll see if the rest of SRX shows up and have lines in-story.

I mean, they've done it before. Alpha Gaiden's time travel plot happened because the Neo Granzon's engine went haywire, after all. Well... maybe? I mean, nothing's confirmed yet... but the 30 does share the color scheme of the 008R and the design is very similar to be a coincidence. Maybe it doesn't. It's not like the Ryusei and Masaki cameos will mean more than that, fanservice cameos. Like how X and T never revealed which Masaki was the one who ended in Al-Warth, so it might happen again here. They don't have to be their OGverse selves to lead to 3rd OG.

Then again, they have also done it the other way. Classicverse Masaki in Elpis, OGverse Masaki, Kyosuke, and Ryusei in Area, etc. As it is, I don't think this will have anything to do with the eventual 3rd OGverse other than just fanservice.

Unless, of course, we also see the 30 in 3rd OGverse, and it's stated it traveled from another world back to theirs.

But for now? Still in the air.

57 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

And what does a bounty hunter have to do to get a Morph Ball on this planet? It seems the developers are holding out on it for longer than usual.

It's a very interesting change but one I think works for the better. Morph Ball has always been one of the earliest items you get. Here, it takes a bit longer and it allows for the devs to design the areas that take that into account. Makes things a bit more interesting.

But they also definitely wanted you to slide a lot.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

like. Maybe I can actually 100% a 2D Metroid now.

Yeah, this one will definitely be one of the few I 100%. Though I will still beat the game first.

Btw, milage may vary but I don't think you'll have the Diggernaught problem in Dread. I'm definitely past a certain point in the game and fought a few bosses already. They can take a few attempts because they hit hard but they don't last that long. The problem with Diggernaught was that it was three, long-ass phases. Bosses in Dread don't last nearly as long and also once you get the air dash, dodging certain attacks becomes a lot easier.

Oh, yeah, since the KH games are also in the Epic Games Store, it shows Sony doesn't really have an exclusive hold on the franchise.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I noticed Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is on sale in the eShop for $27.99. I think it's the first time the game has been discounted. Not that I'm actually recommending it, though for a game made by 2 people, it's fairly good. I'm still amazed it sold a million.

How does Yasuke is treated again? As someone outside of Japan... but not presented by Jesuit missionaries, I'd assume.

He shows at the start of Chapter 6, pretty late into the story. Nobunaga says I quote "He came with some of the missionaries.", who are never seen nor mentioned anywhere else. And his one-paragraph ingame IRL history bio uses the words "Italian missionary, Valignano". I haven't seen any of the single scene "bonding" events of his (Nobunaga, Mitsuhide, No, Toshiie, Hisahide, and Katsuyori) so I don't know if they go into any further detail.

Maybe it doesn't. It's not like the Ryusei and Masaki cameos will mean more than that, fanservice cameos. Like how X and T never revealed which Masaki was the one who ended in Al-Warth, so it might happen again here. They don't have to be their OGverse selves to lead to 3rd OG.

True. I was being a tad cynical, since four Alpha 3 protagonists + Team SRX to finish the character arcs of while fighting Balmar, Dark Brain stuff, maybe leftovers with Zovorg and the Fury, the matter of the ancient giants, Masaki/Cybuster possibly getting corrupted (the origins of Asakim?), and potentially K getting added (or worse, Z, which can't be finished in a single game, perhaps W instead of Z if they want a second set of Originals added in). 3rd OG might be a little too cramped for Huckie 30 shenanigans.

And I'm suddenly thinking they'll ditch the "rd" and label the game 3 OG, because what do you follow SRW30 with, except 3OG? Releasing the year or two after be darned.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

@Eltosian Kadath

Burnt Ivory King is awesome. I was about ready to write the whole game off as having only poor bosses, but this one... This one's good.

Anyhoo, I've decided to farm some Loyce Souls with the Frog Lads. Despite having full item discovery setup, still haven't gotten a soul yet...

Still, might be worth it!

EDIT: Hold up, does the game tell you if you get Loyce Souls?

Edited by Benice

Well, at least they are opening up to things instead of just acting like Japan exists in a vacuum, heh.

Do remember they can do in-between games, like Gaiden or Moon Dwellers, in order to put stuff between the numbered entries. Gaiden covered Compact 3 and R, and Moon Dwellers GC/XO and J, for example. If all there is to Huckebein 30 is just pop in and nothing else, I'm sure it can be squeezed in anywhere. At least until 30's OG characters proper are added to OGverse.

If it's any consolation, while sad, it's almost a given that maybe not every OG content will be in OGverse. 64's are basically barred due to Banpresto not fully owning them. That's why A went for "totally not the same, we swear" ersatz designs instead of reusing 64's. And also some of the story elements. Like for example, Lamia's cover story of Angelg being built by her father is taken from Manami Hamill's backstory where her mecha, the Simurgh, was indeed built by her father. The Simurgh is what Angelg was based from. A's backstory for the Shadow Mirror world about aliens conquering and ruling the Earth before being driven out by a united humanity is also outright 64's main storyline. It's not a coincidence they chose Shadow Mirror as a name. It's not just for the whole parallel world stuff, but also because they are basically a mirror of the world of SRW 64, a shadow of that original self made because 64's content couldn't be reused. At least, that's how I see it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

@Eltosian Kadath

Burnt Ivory King is awesome. I was about ready to write the whole game off as having only poor bosses, but this one... This one's good.

Anyhoo, I've decided to farm some Loyce Souls with the Frog Lads. Despite having full item discovery setup, still haven't gotten a soul yet...

Still, might be worth it!

Ivory King is a really interesting fight.

Good Luck with the Loyce Soul farming, I did end up farming the full 50, but be warned it was really tedious...

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Good Luck with the Loyce Soul farming, I did end up farming the full 50, but be warned it was really tedious...

Oof.

14 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ivory King is a really interesting fight.

Er, does the game tell you when you get a Loyce Soul?

Hello!

I actually told earlier to have a free week...but well...still decided to work after all.  🥴

Anyways I have beaten "Kirby And The Amazing Mirror" and I am close of beating "Super Mario Odyssey".

"Amazing Mirror" was a decent "Kirbyvania"...or however I should call that. The map system was fun and fairly easy understandable, but the main issue for me was it was tedious to find a map. Running in circles without knowing where you are is not fun at all. However in a couple of areas I could reach the boss without having a map. Also the instant enemy respawng was very annoying. It was so easy to lose a required ability to unlock chests or new paths. Though overall it was a decent game, not as fun as "Luna Nights" though. Now I have beaten all possible Kirby games for me aside of "Mass Attack".

Meanwhile I have not made any progress in "Arise" unfortunately since I wanted to finished my shorter projects. I purchased the extra soundtrack of "Tales of Arise" and shirt of Shionne on Namco's store.

Btw I am satisfied with final smash character reveal. I mean I do not care too much for Sora (neutral towards him), but having "Kingdom Hearts" music in Smash is definitely a nice addition (unfortunately no Disney though). It was also the most obvious choice of all non Nintendo characters for me, so I am absolutely not surprised to see him being added.

On 10/2/2021 at 10:29 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Do play Bloodstained, then, if you have not yet. It was made by the creator of such classics as Symphony of the Night and Order of Ecclesia, and it's... basically just the next Castlevania, just without the Castlevania name attached to it. It's an excellent platformer, one of my favorites, in fact. I still need to go back and get my vengeance on Nightmare mode...

I got this game, it was on sale.

Edited by Julizan