Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well forgive me, I've seen a lot of gameplay clips where whoever's playing is doing a ton of air combat.

I haven't watched a single vid of KH whatsoever, but if I had to speculate, Smash Sora I would think would be a case of the Smash dev team asking "How to Make Anime Sword Number 16 Stand Out From the Rest?".

For that, they had to turn to his games of origin, looked at them, and looked to find what he had that the others might not. It doesn't matter if Sora has more ground than air, because how much do each of...

1. The Links
  2. Marth (and Lucina)
  3. Roy (and Chrom)
  4. Meta Knight (not that he really counts)
  5. Pit (and Dark Echo, not that they really count)
  6. Ike
  7. Robin
  8. Shulk
  9. Mii Swordfighter
  10. Corrin
  11. Byleth
  12. Cloud
  13. Sephiroth
  14. DQ Hero
  15. Aegis Girls

have in terms of air combat in their game(s) of origin? Next to none, wouldn't you agree? If Sora has sufficient air in his arsenal that it's more than a negligible portion of it, and if it is in some way memorable to the fanbase, then why not consider making it his gimmick? 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I mean, I'm pretty sure some people complained KH Sora got too floaty and hoped a return to form... then Sora is still floaty in Smash.

At least, I remember seeing that in the KH reddit.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just appreciate the fact that this is an argument that needs to be stated. Good work, 06. You've disturbed everyone for life.

Like I said before:

1. I wasn't me who posted that, I just shared because I because I thought it was funny.
  2. It was shared months ago - it does not warrant such extreme reactions.
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I started to feel bad so now I’m just gonna reload an old save instead of messing with her at all.

Does it just skip her arc and go from beginning to end?

She does develop, but in a different way. It's just that's more fulfilling to the narrative when you're romancing Morrigan. Same goes for a Female Human Noble who's romancing Alistair.

2 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

In the mainverse she basically get tortured and experimented on by her family her whole life while believing her father abandoned her, and she either dies 1 year later, ends up not resisting her injuries even after Dr. Gil's surgery or dies saving/reviving her younger brother as she's the holy grail (Atleast she dies happy in that one and on her own terms).

FTFY. We can't be ungrateful after Dr. Gil has tried everything.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Define "accurate". If Smash was 100% accurate, then Bayonetta would trigger Witch Time on every successful dodge, it's not a special command in her games the way it's relegated to her Down Special in Smash.

You're looking for verbatim copying, you need to settle for the spirit of the character.

That makes sense and i agree with you 100%

But here they make a claim "it represents the game" so I wasnt sure why they dont do it justice. Thats just how I see it.

Edited by lightcosmo

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, I'm pretty sure some people complained KH Sora got too floaty and hoped a return to form... then Sora is still floaty in Smash.

At least, I remember seeing that in the KH reddit.

This is not a Sora issue, its a KH core gameplay issue. With the "floaty" gameplay, you get sniped out of aerial combos most of the time from behind since your stuck in the air for quite a while.

Edited by lightcosmo

Shinesparking is so good in this game.

1 hour ago, Robert Stewart said:

idk, just have Rean delay everything

and then have Laura smash w/ whatever damage boosting you can get her

then in CS2 you can have dodgetank fie

there's also chrono break/burst or w/e that just gets you two turns for free

in cs3 you just use sledgehammer to break enemies then wind blade/edge/whatever it is to speed up plus more delay and chrono w/e and the enemy never gets a turn

unga bunga

What if I tried this and I still got my ass kicked a lot?

Cause that's what happened. Everyone swore on their life that Sledgehammer was good but I could never break enemies fast enough.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But here they make a claim "it represents the game" so I wasnt sure why they dont do it justice. Thats just how I see it.

Yeah but you're acting like the move is fundamentally different than it's origin. From what I gather, they're both moves that go down, do the specifics really matter? 

8 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

She does develop, but in a different way. It's just that's more fulfilling to the narrative when you're romancing Morrigan. Same goes for a Female Human Noble who's romancing Alistair.

Meh, I guess I can reload and go Morrigan. I don’t have strong feelings either way.

…but why specifically a female human noble for Alistair? Does he not like female elves, dwarves or mages?

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Cause that's what happened. Everyone swore on their life that Sledgehammer was good but I could never break enemies fast enough.

idk, I always found I could equip enough speed boosting gear to go before enemies and then using break boosting quartz + crafts with high break ratings

I think rean's helix or juna's cross break were usually good crafts to use. Anything with A or or more break rating. And you can always use chrono burst to give yourself extra turns to break enemies.

Helps to use something like Sara's lightning flash to gather enemies together

Edit: Skuld MQ also helps a lot

Edited by Robert Stewart

I already saw how broken stuff is in the CS3 flashforward section where i pwned the idiot Knights in like 3 Minutes. And that's with limited tools. On Nightmare

Edited by Shrimp γ

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Meh, I guess I can reload and go Morrigan. I don’t have strong feelings either way.

…but why specifically a female human noble for Alistair? Does he not like female elves, dwarves or mages?

It's about something that happens at the end of the game. Same with Morrigan. I can't say more without spoiling anything.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but you're acting like the move is fundamentally different than it's origin. From what I gather, they're both moves that go down, do the specifics really matter? 

In KH he moves down on a bit of an axis, not a straight drop. (I.E., he moves forward a bit while going downwards) 

It matters to me, and im not one to just say nothing, im sorry.

16 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

It's about something that happens at the end of the game. Same with Morrigan. I can't say more without spoiling anything.

Well as long as dwarf noble works for Morrigan.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well as long as dwarf noble works for Morrigan.

Don't worry, none of these characters care which race you are. This shit only starts in Inquisition.

Appeals to primal instincts aren't working to overcome the exhausting feelings brought on by overthinking.🙁 I bring my mind into the realm of kama, where the present becomes everything, but my mind can snap back to memento mori in mere seconds. Darn it.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Flying Circus - Special Faculty of Theology

I take it I triggered your use of this meme?

Whenever I see it, I think "The real surprise is the Portuguese Inquisition!", because who has ever heard of it? Portugal's commitment to Catholic orthodoxy is overshadowed by it fiercer and bigger neighbor's. 

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It matters to me, and im not one to just say nothing, im sorry.

We have different standards of what's acceptable, I think we'll have to end it at that. Agree to disagree.🤝

Avoid Xenoblade Warriors if we ever get one, for all the gratuitous nonsexual fanservice we'll hopefully be getting, I'm afraid you'll be too focused on the moss on the rocks to admire the forest.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Shinesparking is so good in this game. 

*Sees the present Missile maximum is 177* *See you pick up a 10 Missile expansion*

Whats with the weird number? Do 1-Missile expansions exist? I guess that's why it says "Missile+"?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I take it I triggered your use of this meme?

Whenever I see it, I think "The real surprise is the Portuguese Inquisition!", because who has ever heard of it? Portugal's commitment to Catholic orthodoxy is overshadowed by it fiercer and bigger neighbor's. 

Nah, it was due to the post right above it. What did you do, then, to think it was something you did?

*Sees the present Missile maximum is 177* *See you pick up a 10 Missile expansion*

Whats with the weird number? Do 1-Missile expansions exist? I guess that's why it says "Missile+"?

Starting amount is 15. Missile Expansions come in +2 and +10 (hence the +) variants.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Yeah Missile Upgrades give +2 while the +upgrades give 10. Missile+ upgrades are much rarer tho, which is fine because it makes Missile Upgrades more worth it. In previous games after getting a few expansions, you'd basically never run out.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, it was due to the post right above it. What did you do, then, to think it was something you did?

Whoops, I didn't notice that post.😅

I borrowed and swapped the words of it in the 3H topic when responding to you- "Nobody expects the Sina-Jin coup!".

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Starting amount is 15. Missile Expansions come in +2 and +10 (hence the +).

Oh. I thought single Missiles could be a thing b/c Other M IIRC, and 2-Missile packs were a thing in ZM Hard Mode, but Armagon was playing on Normal so I didn't think that was the case here.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh. I thought single Missiles could be a thing b/c Other M IIRC, and 2-Missile packs were a thing in ZM Hard Mode, but Armagon was playing on Normal so I didn't think that was the case here.

Nah. If Dread copied from Other M, it was with the Pieces of Heart... I mean, Energy Parts.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah Missile Upgrades give +2 while the +upgrades give 10. Missile+ upgrades are much rarer tho, which is fine because it makes Missile Upgrades more worth it. In previous games after getting a few expansions, you'd basically never run out.

True, the only time I ever came close was Prime, IIRC I burnt through them on Thardus, and on Meta Ridley b/c Wavebuster 'til empty & pray for victory. Maybe some other bosses in the other games and I don't remember it b/c so long since I played them.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah. If Dread copied from Other M, it was with the Pieces of Heart... I mean, Energy Parts.

I was not aware Other M broke up Energy Tanks. Not sure if that sounds like it was necessary.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So is bard a good specialization to go with? I don’t want to make such a major decision without knowing the other options, but it looks good right now.

If you want to be a support or hybrid, yes.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And Shinespark command.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True, the only time I ever came close was Prime, IIRC I burnt through them on Thardus, and on Meta Ridley b/c Wavebuster 'til empty & pray for victory. Maybe some other bosses in the other games and I don't remember it b/c so long since I played them.

You might find yourself coming close to running out in Dread too. Strom Missiles (literally just the Seeker Missiles from Prime) eat it up pretty quickly on boss fights, as I believe it uses up three missiles per hit.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was not aware Other M broke up Energy Tanks. Not sure if that sounds like it was necessary.

In Other M, no because of the recharge heals (of which there was a separate tier of e-tanks for).

In Dread uhhh, treat it like Heart Pieces. You can get buy with just the full tanks but the extra ones offer more.

Alright, I went with bard.

Oh, a random, unmarked vial that’s probably been sitting in this tower a devil asked me to go into for years, that the text straight up describes as containing poison? Why, of course I’ll take a drink or two, thanks game.

Edited by Sooks