Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:
unlock the best ending

Mage quest line let’s go.

You really know what I want to hear 06.

So after this it looks like I should finish Redcliffe, then do the Dalish elves (I’m assuming that’s what those two places are for, I actually have no clue), then the Dwarves and after that whatever the plot wants me to do?

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Idk Ruben, like the first half of your Dragon Age Origins playthrough was just you choosing the options that results in the most violence and death.

Hey, that's not true...

Okay, maybe it is true, but... Uuuuuhhhh...

Fuck.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sounds like Valter alright.

So I suppose this is a bad time to reveal I quoted Valter one time in the Berwick Saga translation thread.

I'm on my phone so I cannot share it, unfortunately. Not comfortably, at least.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, that's not true...

Fuck.

Ruben is the villain and his alter-ego is actually the good guy.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Mage quest line let’s go.

You really know what I want to hear 06.

So after this it looks like I should finish Redcliffe, then do the Dalish elves (I’m assuming that’s what those two places are for, I actually have no clue), then the Dwarves and after that whatever the plot wants me to do?

Yes, and remember that Redcliffe's questline has 2 sub-quests: the one you're doing rn and the Urn of Sacred Ashes'.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Ruben is the villain and his alter-ego is actually the good guy.

So Reuben is the good guy?

2 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Yes, and remember that Redcliffe's questline has 2 sub-quests: the one you're doing rn and the Urn of Sacred Ashes'.

Should I not do one after the other with those two?

So what’s the point of the random event where there’s a meteor crater and a random guy and gal standing over it and the guy goes “Our prayers have been answered! Let’s raise this little boy like he’s our own!”? It looks like all you can do is get a piece of the meteor and leave. Did the devs just really feel like referencing Super Man orrr???

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Should I not do one after the other with those two?

After solving the castle's problems, you should head to the Brecilian Forest. Only after that you should look for the urn.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So what’s the point of the random event where there’s a meteor crater and a random guy and gal standing over it and the guy goes “Our prayers have been answered! Let’s raise this little boy like he’s our own!”? It looks like all you can do is get a piece of the meteor and leave. Did the devs just really feel like referencing Super Man orrr???

The ore you get in this event is necessary to create the strongest sword in the game.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, that's not true...

Fuck.

Congratulations, you played yourself.

15 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

So @Saint Rubenio @Armagon @Eltosian Kadath @DodgeDusk @Sooks

When shall we do the Fates linked challenge? I am in the mood for Fates again so i would be up for it anytime now 😉

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'll get back to you on that.

Tales of series max hit combos on my end 

1st: Vesperia ----> 1,244 hits. 

2nd: Arise -----> 300 hits.

3rd: Xillia/Xillia 2/Graces ----> 120 hits

4th: Berseria ----> 90 hits

5th: Abyss -----> 68 hits

And... I dont remember my hit count in Symphonia so unranked for now. 

Anyone up for some comparisons?

Edited by lightcosmo

26 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

So @Saint Rubenio @Armagon @Eltosian Kadath @DodgeDusk @Sooks

When shall we do the Fates linked challenge? I am in the mood for Fates again so i would be up for it anytime now 😉

I don’t really know, whenever everyone else wants to I guess. I have nothing taking up my time to where I can’t participate in the near future, but I’m also in no rush so whenever works for me.

12 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

After solving the castle's problems, you should head to the Brecilian Forest. Only after that you should look for the urn.

Good to know.

12 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

The ore you get in this event is necessary to create the strongest sword in the game.

That’s cool.

I picked up Tales of Vesperia again. Due to having played the 360 version originally I can tell when the two versions starts diverging which can occasionally be a little awkward. Whenever Patty shows up its clear the game pauses whatever the story is currently doing to introduce the new Playstation character. On the other hand the new version could also make some other events less awkward. I recall the old game occasionally wriggling itself into corners to ensure that Flynn was around but conveniently not able to directly help in Yuri's endeavors. Highlight was that important boss fight where Flyn was around, and even directly spoke to the villain but got taken out by a random laser as an excuse as to why he couldn't take part in the boss fight. 

I very strongly recall the impression that Vesperia was an intensely character driven game. The story isn't really very cohesive and the world of Terca Lumireis isn't very interesting but the character interaction is probably the best in the series. The story is all about a gang of wacky goofballs traveling the world and encountering adventure along the way rather than setting out on one big mission to save the world. It has the downside that this means the story isn't very cohesive, but it has a lot of charm too. The Vesperia crew is an enjoyable gang to have on screen and a bunch of mini adventures seems very in character for them. Even the villain has this character driven approach to him. As a Tales villain he's probably among the worst in regards of how he's implemented into the plot. The character had been such a non entity that when the grand reveal of his villainy came I had no idea we had already met this character before. His motivations and backstory being locked to easily missable sidequests doesn't help either. But despite his writing being so clumsy I've always liked the Vesperia villain because he had so much character. The voice actor is clearly having a great time and the villain makes a good showing of evil gloating, kicking down the party and getting drunk with power. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

30 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am ready whenever.

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t really know, whenever everyone else wants to I guess. I have nothing taking up my time to where I can’t participate in the near future, but I’m also in no rush so whenever works for me

That's Group 1 accounted for! 

Let's wait and see how it will look like for Group 2

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

That's Group 1 accounted for! 

Let's wait and see how it will look like for Group 2

Honestly it all depends if i have to lineup my schedules for anything. Cause this week.......hoo boy.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

So there's still time to resolve it if it's an issue. Had you plans for pairs in particular?

Lon'qu and Tharja, F! Robin and possibly Henry / Stahl / Chrom??