Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Bro, Nicktoons has some of the wackiest balancing i've ever seen.

And by wackiest, i mean it's non-existent. I mean, look at this shit

That's... Kinda my point, lmao. That stuff makes melee Fox weep in sadness.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I kinda like this one, actually.

I like the chickens too, but I have bad taste in music, so it probably doesn't count.

1 hour ago, Shrimp γ said:

Officialy the worst take in the thread

Prediction: Benice and Shrimpy new teehee rivalry when Benice gets to Cold Steel.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The sound I made watching this was something between a chuckle and a shriek.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

when Benice gets to Cold Steel.

Man hasn't even got past Ch.1 of Sky FC despite spending like 30 hours already.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The sound I made watching this was something between a chuckle and a shriek.

I'm glad I brought you happiness.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Prediction: Benice and Shrimpy new teehee rivalry when Benice gets to Cold Steel.

New? I don't like Estelle and he doesn't like FE6, we have been locked in eternal battle since I arrived.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Man hasn't even got past Ch.1 of Sky FC despite spending like 30 hours already.

I can barely remember the plot as well!

The only thing I remember is that...I think I met Agate, and I helped Professor Sus* in an amber tower. I am fairly confident that Prof. Sus is up to absolutely no good, and that he and Joshua are either related by some kind of organization, were somewhere at the same time during an event or are related.

...But I'm probably wrong, since I'm no good at plot prediction. Usually.

*I think his name's Alba?

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

WHAT!? Please dont tell me you mean Trails Estelle...

To be fair, I'm still only in chapter 1 and have spent 30 hours in what is roughly 8-10 hours for anyone else. She's got plenty of time to be good. I'm just mostly a tad tired of all the interactions being so similar, but I don't outright DISlike, it's merely that I'm indifferent. There's plenty of characters I love who I didn't like from first impressions- Esteban, Kiryu, etc.

Olivier, however... I'm afraid he has a bigger hill to climb.

28 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

''new''

Our rivlary is quite old, actually

so old i still have to do a FE chapter out of it

Really? I don’t remember any disagreements.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

New? I don't like Estelle and he doesn't like FE6, we have been locked in eternal battle since I arrived.

Eh, it’s not like Estelle is at her best in the first 10 hours.

Well, the first 10 hours for normal progression anyway.

Here, I’ll help you speed up, just think that you have this to get to and there’s your motivation:

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

I can barely remember the plot as well!

The only thing I remember is that...I think I met Agate, and I helped Professor Sus* in an amber tower. I am fairly confident that Prof. Sus is up to absolutely no good, and that he and Joshua are either related by some kind of organization, were somewhere at the same time during an event or are related.

...But I'm probably wrong, since I'm no good at plot prediction. Usually.

*I think his name's Alba?

Estelle and Joshua, step bro and step sis with benefits, left their hometown to look for dad who disappeared on an air ship that was hijacked by sky bandits. That’s pretty much the entire plot so far if you haven’t done anything substantial in Bose.

And yeah, his name is Alba.

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

She's got plenty of time to be good. I'm just mostly a tad tired of all the interactions being so similar, but I don't outright DISlike, it's merely that I'm indifferent. There's plenty of characters I love who I didn't like from first impressions- Esteban, Kiryu, etc.

That’s okay, I thought Joshua, my favorite Trails character (so far), was incredibly boring for the entirety of the first game other than the ending scene and the scene two scenes before that one, and now he’s my favorite in a series with many great characters.

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

Olivier, however... I'm afraid he has a bigger hill to climb.

Blasphemy.

When was the last time you saw him? Was it when he was playable for the first time and for 2 seconds total?

Wonder how it will go, once I actually play through FC, and get true thoughts on the whole thing...

Or this thread goes under and most of you stop posting in SF before that happens.

😳

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

I shot this beautiful line some time ago for occasions like this one, not that I'd expected I'd be in it. A good ~20 minutes since, and I'm still steamy from reading the subreddit my curiosity led me to. Truly, I wasted my precious youth being introspective. Barring some ickiness related to "anime", I don't think I exactly regret my curiosity. Although the alternative to what I was doing with my time would've been spent trying to continue my very very very dry Jugdral Crusaders' war fanfic (ten years have passed since the Crusaders emerged, and it's finally time to begin bringing liberation to the Thracian Peninsula), a radically different use of time.

...I need to play more video games instead. Or a job, either works. Something more productive.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

What are you talking about? This song is hilarious! Very few songs have managed to bring a smile to my face like this one does, how could it be the worst? There are songs out there that are just straight up bad and not hilarious. Like that one Shrimpy compared to chickens, that one was bad.

I'd add this to the discussion.:

I know the GBA had limited audio quality, but the sounds of Harmony of Dissonance's entire ost are, perhaps titularly appropriately, terrible. I don't think it is good even by Game Boy or NES quality standards. Given the tunes of Circle of the Moon before it and Aria of Sorrow afterwards, there is no reason HoD should've been so bad. I'll say the underlying compositions are okay, perhaps capable of being saved, but it's like they're average quality cuts of meat that have been marinated in excretions.

52 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dear Namco, please make a gunslinger as badass as Jr. From XS 

Love: Cosmo.

I have no opinion of whom you speak -yet (I should be forming one sometime next year) . But, it'll be hard for anyone from Namco to top Haken for me. Doesn't matter if it's Xeno or not!😜

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Here, I’ll help you speed up, just think that you have this to get to and there’s your motivation:

I have all the motivation I need, for

KgzERd7.png

This lovely little crumpet is playable in 3rd, and I am legally required to use her, as she is the worst playable in Trails, apparently!

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When was the last time you saw him? Was it when he was playable for the first time and for 2 seconds total?

Yeah. I'm not sold on 'im yet, but, well, I've barely seen him.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A good ~20 minutes since, and I'm still steamy from reading the subreddit my curiosity led me to. 

Not gonna lie, this sounds like the title of a story from the WYBO competitions we had around here.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...I need to play more video games instead

Play steamy games and kill two birds with one stone!

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd add this to the discussion.:

PLEASE LORD MAKE IT STOP NOOOOO

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

@Eltosian Kadath

I BEAT FUME KNIGHT FIRST TRY! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Christ, what a fantastic boss fight. This last DLC was probably the best of the three, although it's possible that the last bit (Memory of the Old Iron King) can still botch it, I suppose. I have decided to forgo the soul of Nadalia, but I did get Fume Knight 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Fume is, hands-down, the best boss in the game so far. I don't quite get the hype around it being one of the hardest in the franchise, but that did not detract from it one bit.

Finally, just onto Memory of Old Iron King, the Giant Memories, the spoiler, and I can finally be freed from DS2 after what will be roughly 165 hours, and move on to Trails in the Sky, which will also take me 165 hours, probably.

...What is it with me and finding notorious bosses to be comparatively easy, (Ornstein and Smough first try, Bed of Chaos 2nd try, Fume Knight first try, Manus 3rd try)* but finding dozens of deaths from ones that aren't considered to be really hard? (At least 40 deaths to Ruin Sentinels, 15 or so to Pursuer, four to Pinwheel, 10 to Lost Sinner, dozens to Kalameet, etc.)

*No shade on any of these bosses, they're all really hard, but I haven't encountered the roadblocks I've seen others have.

45 minutes ago, Benice said:

Play steamy games and kill two birds with one stone!

No joke part of me wishes I had the smutty game. But I would need a job first so I don't have to link my parents' funds to it, the last thing I need for them is know about it. That, and I need someone to bonk it all out of my memory banks so I experience it all again with a fresh mind that will actually be surprised by it.

It's not my fault anime is the true heir to the artistic traditions of classical Greece, Rome, India (its Hindu sculptures to be precise), the European Renaissance, Neoclassicism, and Western art still sometime thereafter but before the ~1920s, all of which enshrined traditional notions of beauty. Nor is it my fault that I have grown up developing an aesthetic response based on those antiquated notions, and which I can only alter so much. While by no means do I oppose and I in fact support the creation of modern appreciations of beauty that celebrate being fat or other things formerly deemed "imperfections of the human form" nor "imperfections" in everything else that isn't the human form. Back to the Renaissance for a moment, seriously:

1024px-Florence_-_David_by_Donatello.jpg

Tell me you couldn't see this David turned into flesh in an anime! He ain't no middle-aged hairy Western FPS dude!

There are so many Japanese games to some degree about serving yoni to the linga, and a smaller, quieter following about games serving linga to the yoni. I've even seen a few games appear in broad daylight on gaming news websites that have hints of being primarily yoni-yoni IIRC, but no linga-linga. And, surprisingly, the subreddit was overwhelmingly guys 18-25 (and the game's artist/writer was male?), with a few older than that posting pictures of themselves next to their body pillows. Thats creepy, but while I 1100% accept the IRL social boundaries imposed by the inevitability that is aging (hence my feeling of ickiness earlier), why can't I re-envision the youth of years ago that has departed from me in purely fictional consensually f***ing anime boys that I sorta perhaps to a degree or extent speculatively it cannot be confirmed for certain wish I had maybe?!😭

A cri de coeur combining silliness, and also a lament at the alienating effects of time's ever-continuing flow which one is forced to accept. Reminds me of Cats, the musical about absolutely nothing but cats dancing and singing, and about what T.S. Elliot. the author of the collection of poems the musical-turned-nightmare-movie is based on, called -paraphrasing- the "Agony of Old Age and the Sweet Mercy of Death".

...I just wanted to get this out of my system.😅 I operate in binges and purges, metaphorical ones that is, I'm not for real ones at all. I should be watching that vid for a 28-ingredient medieval Egyptian hummus recipe instead. Then again, it's rather late, so I'll do that tomorrow then.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

, I'm not for real ones at all. And I should be watching that vid for a 28-ingredient medieval Egyptian hummus recipe instead.

Enjoy! I hope you love hummus as much as I do. And sleep well as well!

Edited by Benice

I don’t know what it is about the media in this universe, but Grace is pretty sus. Although she actually uses the journalist card well, having an actual obvious reason to be knowing everything, unlike a certain photographer. So Grace is only a little sus, I guess.

Anyway I finished the prologue. I took Elie to the boss, thinking I might need her S-craft, but then the boss was really easy, probably the easiest of the boss fights in this chapter.

Spoiler

Playable Wazy was unexpected. I don’t really have any feelings on him (like every non-Lloyd character so far, honestly), so that was really just eh, but still caught me by surprise.

Speaking of picking one party member, isn’t bonding, aka the bane of Shrimpy’s existence, a thing in this game? How does that work? I think I remember lightcosmo completely missing it, but that might have been in the next game, I think.

You know, Trails from Zero is exactly what I would have imagined if you told me “Trails but in a different country with different characters”. This game gives me major FC vibes with the detective shenanigans, the group of rookie bracers special support section members, and the small start to the story as the world is very cleverly built, while the game is distinctly being its own thing, and I love it. Trails from Zero good.

Spoiler

FfdRTW1.jpg
😮😮😮

This moment is kind of ruined by the fact that this Estelle portrait is bad. Like, really bad, seriously what happened? It looks awful.

nnhS00j.jpg
This one sucks too, wow. At least the characters are here at all, though.

57 minutes ago, Benice said:

I have all the motivation I need, for

KgzERd7.png

This lovely little crumpet is playable in 3rd, and I am legally required to use her, as she is the worst playable in Trails, apparently!

But she’s such a boring character!

57 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah. I'm not sold on 'im yet, but, well, I've barely seen him.

Oh, that’s fine then. Just wait until you free him from jail and later [spoilers, spoilers, and more spoilers].

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

But she’s such a boring character!

How can one woman be so amazing?!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh, that’s fine then. Just wait until you free him from jail and later [spoilers, spoilers, and more spoilers].

Inb4 he's, like, a prince or something and is pulling a Lewyn. I mean, both of them are bards, and all bards are escaped nobility, right?

My justification: Musicians don't get paid, how else could he afford nice clothes and use a fancy pistol?

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

Inb4 he's, like, a prince or something and is pulling a Lewyn. I mean, both of them are bards, and all bards are escaped nobility, right?

What did Lewyn do again? I don’t remember…

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

My justification: Musicians don't get paid, how else could he afford nice clothes and use a fancy pistol?

Well, it’s another would that also begins with a p—

26 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Josette? Boring?

Very.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What did Lewyn do again? I don’t remember…

IIRC he ditched his mom in order to see the world and because he didn't want to take on the responsibility of the throne.

...Olivier doesn't give me the same vibe, but he was near the border, so maybe he had just left his country? I can't remember if army man was letting normal foreigners in. Bose seemed to be rather anti-immigrant at least.

Or maybe he's just a regular guy and I'm overthinking it.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, it’s another would that also begins with a p—

Yes, his massive Passion must have thrilled everyone enough to make him rich, you're right.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Very.

Benice waifu checklist:

• Bad in their game in some capacity, the worse the better
  • Not very much screentime, but enough to be considered somewhat developed but is completely unmemorable and nobody else cares about them.

She probably tics both off!