Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Speaking of picking one party member, isn’t bonding, aka the bane of Shrimpy’s existence, a thing in this game? How does that work? I think I remember lightcosmo completely missing it, but that might have been in the next game, I think.

I think Shrimpy said Azure started that mechanic.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Endless-Frontier-EXCEED-English-Patched-

Ok so this is kinda distracting because the Project X Zone games definitely reuses the portraits (you told me this), with 2 actually redrawing them so seeing them in DS quality is.....yeah.

Hmmm. Atelier, Gravity Rush, that's two games. Perhaps I can finally make time for Endless Frontier.

(Although I plan to run another Dread playthrough this weekend but it shouldn't take long as I'll be aiming for under four hours).

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tell me you couldn't see this David turned into flesh in an anime!

Fate be like.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

nnhS00j.jpg
This one sucks too, wow. At least the characters are here at all, though.

Joshua looks like he insults minorities online.

But yeah, the portraits for the Sky characters are pretty awful.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

hip hop

This is the most common thing played at at the store where I work at.

It's all just noise to me now. 

Not that there isn't good hip hop but it certainly ain't from this current time period (yeah I'm like a boomer when it comes to music lmao. Most English songs I like are from the 90s and older).

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The second I discovered other games exist, my interest in Pokémon dwindled to nothingness.

I think that's just how it is. Like I've got that fondness for when I was a fan, I don't think that's ever gonna change...but I've definitely started losing interest when I started branching out to other things.

The massive decline in quality and Game Freak being replaced by actual lizardmen doesn't help.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Have some bad music from a bad game that is bad because I like it

Bad

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

This one's even bad-er.

I never came across these ones, I think.

They are neat bangers tho.

As is the doll making song, that one bops too much lmao.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Pokémon's music started to go south with Gen IV,

My childhood!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The problem is he's irrelevant. Or a villain. I dunno which, but definitely one of the two. All the good designs are irrelevant or villains until like, the old biker dude in the latest trails. Up to that point all the relevant people are ugly anime teens. Because Trails was made for the opposite kind of person I am.

In the prologue he’s both not evil and is essential for helping the group solve the case they’re working on.

Which is doubly surprising because he’s a lawyer, but I digress.

Crazybus

I searched this on YouTube.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In the prologue he’s both not evil and is essential for helping the group solve the case they’re working on.

Which is doubly surprising because he’s a lawyer, but I digress.

Right... Well, let's hope he doesn't turn out to be evil or irrelevant. It'd be nice to have a beard that's not relegated to obscurity in favor of all the shitty anime teens.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I searched this on YouTube.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Crazybus remixes are my guilty pleasure. It's amazing the lengths to which people go to make that shit sound remotely presentable.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Ok so this is kinda distracting because the Project X Zone games definitely reuses the portraits (you told me this), with 2 actually redrawing them so seeing them in DS quality is.....yeah.

A total downgrade? Since I started with this, I'm totally used to it. They wouldn't have recycled/redrawn-but-better the portraits for PXZ, if the EF portraits themselves weren't a good foundation IMO. Although I can understand your issue. But think on the bright side, it isn't what I've seen of those NxC images you posted. Xiaomu was seriously improved going from PS2 to NDS.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Hmmm. Atelier, Gravity Rush, that's two games. Perhaps I can finally make time for Endless Frontier.

You don't have to. I wasn't trying to nudge you into that. My mood when I was posting that was simply one that was very "Xiaomu moment".😅

As for how long the first game would take, I checked my old game card. I've one file that is right before the heroes go to confront the final boss, 34 hrs 18 mins 15 seconds. I've a second file in the penultimate dungeon, NG+ (no reason whatsoever to do this, I was just a kid with a lot of free time back then and I'm still a kid with a lot of free time now) given the presence of duplicates of certain accessories such as Shion's Necklace, this file is 49 hrs 24 mins and 33 seconds. Which must be factoring in the time of the first run.

Exceed ought to be about as long, or perhaps longer. But my save file for that game is stuck on a defunct computer, so I can't check the time for it. Know only that the screenshot I posted above was taken shortly before the final battle, as the levels on the lower screen might suggest. Level-wise, it's comparable to what the not-NG+ EF1 file had, while the NG+ file, maybe due to carried over money and endgame equipment putting in the work, was in the low 40s.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Didn't Zero start the bond thing technically? It's invisible, but I'm sure there's dialogue options and what-have-you that influences who you have one last one-to-one conversation with before the finale of the game. If you transfer the save to Azure, the person you bonded with and Lloyd gets a stronger Dual Craft or whatever they're called.

5 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Didn't Zero start the bond thing technically? It's invisible, but I'm sure there's dialogue options and what-have-you that influences who you have one last one-to-one conversation with before the finale of the game. If you transfer the save to Azure, the person you bonded with and Lloyd gets a stronger Dual Craft or whatever they're called.

Im gonna pretend you didnt just say that.

IMG_20211016_092649.jpg

IMG_20211016_092651.jpg

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A total downgrade? Since I started with this, I'm totally used to it. They wouldn't have recycled/redrawn-but-better the portraits for PXZ, if the EF portraits themselves weren't a good foundation IMO.

I wouldn't say downgrade because they came first but it's a bit distracting going back.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You don't have to. I wasn't trying to nudge you into that. My mood when I was posting that was simply one that was very "Xiaomu moment".😅

Hey man, you know me, I was gonna get to it anyways.

..... although I just remembered I did also say I'd do Soma Bringer first. So yeah, I think I'll do that and then play EF.

13 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Yeah, it technically started with Zero. It's just more obvious in Azure.

25 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

So, should I be concerned about that? Are any of the scenes good and something I don’t want to miss out on? Should I pick Elie because the game obviously wants me to?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So, should I be concerned about that? Are any of the scenes good and something I don’t want to miss out on?

I mean, the scenes are basically just variations with different characters. If it really matters, just save before then and reload.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, the scenes are basically just variations with different characters. If it really matters, just save before then and reload.

Just reload right before? I thought it was a hidden mechanic. Is it an outright choice the player makes?

I BEAT FUME KNIGHT FIRST TRY! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Christ, what a fantastic boss fight. This last DLC was probably the best of the three, although it's possible that the last bit (Memory of the Old Iron King) can still botch it, I suppose. I have decided to forgo the soul of Nadalia, but I did get Fume Knight 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Damn, well done, as that fight is tough. I am guessing you knew to save some stakes to kill the spirits that would otherwise heal the boss, as I know that can be a problem for blind players...

Fume is, hands-down, the best boss in the game so far. I don't quite get the hype around it being one of the hardest in the franchise, but that did not detract from it one bit.

Personally I found the small shift in tempo when he buffs his swords (and the massive damage he deals after that point) made the second half of that fight extremely difficult with little margin for error, and with getting to that second half not being trivial, getting a chance to practice the timing on that second half...

...What is it with me and finding notorious bosses to be comparatively easy, (Ornstein and Smough first try, Bed of Chaos 2nd try, Fume Knight first try, Manus 3rd try)* but finding dozens of deaths from ones that aren't considered to be really hard? (At least 40 deaths to Ruin Sentinels, 15 or so to Pursuer, four to Pinwheel, 10 to Lost Sinner, dozens to Kalameet, etc.)

To be fair, Pursuer isn't easy without the ballista method...

6 hours ago, Benice said:

Here we go! Finally, after so long... I can finally finish Scholar of the First Sin.

@Eltosian Kadath

I didn't end up going for Darklurker, but I beat Sir Alonne, I got four of the five Giant Souls, I got the King's set, I got the Archdragon's memory, I got 32/50 Loyce souls, I got 6/12 Nadalia souls.

Just polished off Throne watcher and defender, and I think I'm slightly overleveled for this point of the game, I could, like, 7-hit both of 'em. Just two left, and I'll be free...!

Well done (hopefully you didn't bother with the Ancient Dragon fight...I ended up using the max fire defense method for that...)

5 hours ago, Benice said:

And there it is.

Finally.

162 hours, 40 minutes and four seconds later, at a soul level of 225,

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin has been completed.

I'll try to write up my full thoughts on the game later.

Congratulation (and seeing as that is like 40 soul levels above my clear, yeah you might be a little overleveled). Fun fact, New Game+ does change thing a bit. I am looking forward to your thoughts on it, but I am guessing it will be less positive than my own.

4 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Is this meme legit?

I actually touched on this in my big Dark Souls 2 story rant. It fits well with the key themes about the endless cycle dragging thing into madness, as even the world itself hollows...

Tfw you spend a good chunk of money buying armor for every character and then find the same kind of armor in a chest after taking two steps out of the city. Pain.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Tfw you spend a good chunk of money buying armor for every character and then find the same kind of armor in a chest after taking two steps out of the city. Pain.

always explore before you go shopping

48 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just reload right before? I thought it was a hidden mechanic. Is it an outright choice the player makes?

I could be remembering wrong, but I think it's a hidden mechanic, so who you get is because of choices you've made all game. Unless it's something like Cold Steel, where once you've accumulated enough points for a character you can choose to select them. I honestly don't remember.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

So, should I be concerned about that? Are any of the scenes good and something I don’t want to miss out on? Should I pick Elie because the game obviously wants me to?

I've only seen Randy's myself, and I remember liking the dialogue they had. Randy is nerfed hard in Azure, so as a gameplay unit you might not be using, making the buffed Craft is useless. I know you get a bit of fluff if you get Elie, but the rest I don't remember.

6 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Is this meme legit?

If it is, it really doesn't feel like that-You do traverse a lot of ground as you progress the game, so it doesn't feel like you're running in a big circle for no reason, at least not in a BAD way.

The most accurate meme about DS2 is the hitboxes

'Morning, all!

Edited by Benice

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

Really? I don’t remember any disagreements.

It's been a while, and it mostly mellowed out after i played Berwick

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

isn’t bonding, aka the bane of Shrimpy’s existence, a thing in this game? How does that work? I

During certain events and questions you get to choose a party member. That increases their bonding points...

However said points are hidden in Crossbell kek

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Damn, well done, as that fight is tough. I am guessing you knew to save some stakes to kill the spirits that would otherwise heal the boss, as I know that can be a problem for blind players...

No, but I happened to have three wedges left because I didn't bother to shank a few Nadalias.

Personally I found the small shift in tempo when he buffs his swords (and the massive damage he deals after that point) made the second half of that fight extremely difficult with little margin for error, and with getting to that second half not being trivial, getting a chance to practice the timing on that second half...

Well, I was monstrously overlevelled, and I think that my weapon was ridiculously OP- Ivory King Ul. Greatsword/Bleed had AR to match my hammer, and inflicted, like, 250 bleed per hit.

Plus, FK only entered his second phase when he had about a 40% of his HP left, so I didn't have to deal with his (apparently) powerful attacks. That said, I don't really know WHY I didn't find the second phase to be that tough- I simply didn't have issues getting around his attacks, for whatever reason. Perhaps it's because I fought so many of the Charred Loyce Knights, therefore getting better at dodging through attacks?

To be fair, Pursuer isn't easy without the ballista method...

I suppose not.

Well done (hopefully you didn't bother with the Ancient Dragon fight...I ended up using the max fire defense method for that...)

I did not bother with that fight, no.

Fun fact, New Game+ does change thing a bit.

I am aware of that! I got to see some of it 'cause of my copious use of Bonfire Ascetics and whatnot.

Congratulation (and seeing as that is like 40 soul levels above my clear, yeah you might be a little overleveled).

[Sweats in Aldia's Keep having a Bonfire Intensity of 37 and the Rotten having a bonfire intensity of 14]

I might have ground a little in order to get 60 strength, among other stats...

actually touched on this in my big Dark Souls 2 story rant. It fits well with the key themes about the endless cycle dragging thing into madness, as even the world itself hollows...

Oh yeah, I chose the leave the throne ending this time, although I may have misunderstood what [redcated]'s memory and Mr. Tree told me.

While I didn't understand the plot of this one very well, it's very cool at the end when you get to go through all the memories.

I am looking forward to your thoughts on it, but I am guessing it will be less positive than my own.

Most likely. I fully understand why DS2 is the black sheep of the franchise, but... Well, even though Sir Alonne's stab/grab hitbox grabbed my from several feet away multiple times, the hitboxes aren't THAT bad, usually. Perhaps a little worse than DS1's, although there's not much point comparing them since they're very different.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

nnhS00j.jpg
This one sucks too, wow. At least the characters are here at all, though.

He looks like so much like Lorenz that I didn't even recognize him.

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

How about this one: Ys V good.

Quite hot, but not even 1% as bad as Armagons :p

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And that is all I will say on the subject, because this stupid franchise fills me with nothing but rage and hatred.

Shrimpy :handshake: Draggy

Hating their former fav. Series

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Pokémon is to me what Trails is to Shrimpy. Though unlike him, I lost all fondness I had for the older games, as well.

I mean, sometimes i do wish i never played Trails at all thanks to modern titles

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Funny how things ended up working out.

Now you're our biggest fates fan.

How should i even implement that in game? You backstabbing Kaga for Maeda?