• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I think Shrimpy said Azure started that mechanic.

Nope, Zero.

Ao is where it starts getting really atrocious however

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Are any of the scenes good and something I don’t want to miss out on?

Some very important stuff is locked behind final bonding event

Also Elie bad

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

yeah I'm like a boomer when it comes to music lmao. Most English songs I like are from the 90s and older

Can relate. xD
My favorite non-video game music comes mostly from the 1970s and 80s.
Thanks, Dad!

I never came across these ones, I think.

Confession: neither did I, heh.
I only heard 'em on the OST!

They are neat bangers tho.

Ye, I like 'em a lot.
Was just riffing a bit on how I dislike Pokémon, yet one of my favorite games in the Atelier series is one the Atelier fanbase at large considers not great, heh.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Bad-er? Worse-er? Something-er? XD

XD

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Current Tales of tier list:

738c6ea38540ede9c181b73eb4a9730c.png

Note this is going off 99% gameplay, haha.

Edit: uhhhhh, i forgot Abyss, but that goes in A lmao

Seeing Xillia 2 in S makes me happy! ^^
I love that game!

9 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Quite hot, but not even 1% as bad as Armagons 😛

Aww...
XD

I do recognize the jank in Ys V, but I enjoyed it despite that, hehe.

Shrimpy 🤝 Draggy

Hating their former fav. Series

^^
🤝

I mean, sometimes i do wish i never played Trails at all thanks to modern titles

*Shrimphug*

There’s a super arrange version!?

Song good.

This isn’t actually super different from the regular version, but it’s still great, since the regular version is as well.

11 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Elie_MacDowell_-_Portrait_11_(Zero_&_Ao)

Haha, perfect reaction.

8 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Some very important stuff is locked behind final bonding event

Very important plot or character stuff? With who?

Assuming you’re talking about this game.

Also Elie bad

I already picked her for the prologue boss fight.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There’s a super arrange version!?

Song good.

Are they all using headphones? Neat

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I already picked her for the prologue boss fight.

Good, let the Benicerebellion flow through you.

Oh hey, I guess I could do this.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/712681-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-from-zero/faqs/78210/bonding
But I already kind of messed it up by not picking Randy before. Depending on how those craft things work at the bottom, I may be able to fix it though.

According to the internet, looks like the combo crafts can make up the difference, but I should be careful how I use them throughout the game, depending on when I unlock them.

Edited by Sooks

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ye, I like 'em a lot.
Was just riffing a bit on how I dislike Pokémon, yet one of my favorite games in the Atelier series is one the Atelier fanbase at large considers not great, heh.

That likely happens to everyone sometimes. While I don't loathe it or anything like that, I don't give Vesperia anywhere near the praise some other Tales fans do, it's... overrated.

But, at least that isn't Armagon's relegation of the universally-agreed 10/10 masterpiece that is Metroid Prime 1 to a score of 6.5 "Flawed transition to 3D". Whilst also not being the biggest fan of Super Metroid (it's aged more than others would admit), and fornicating on the sacred altar of Metroidom by placing Other M in the same tier as Super Metroid, regarding the game as getting too much hate.

33 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

I mean, sometimes i do wish i never played Trails at all thanks to modern titles

You've made me think of this for some reason.:

DO NOT LISTEN! Unless you passionately enjoy cringe, which is now and forever the essence of Sonic outside of gameplay (which I've discovered in adulthood is 2 fast 4 me, sorry childhood memories of SA2B!).

Pls delete this game from my childhood. Imprint artificial memories of like Xenosaga or FFIX to fill in the space.

36 minutes ago, Benice said:

I am aware of that! I got to see some of it 'cause of my copious use of Bonfire Ascetics and whatnot.

That is one of the cooler features of DS2 that I rarely used in game...then again I did the whole playthrough (barring a brief period when I went after Dark Stalker) with the Challenge Rock as my covenant, so one major feature of it wasn't a major part of my playthrough.

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, even though Sir Alonne's stab/grab hitbox grabbed my from several feet away multiple times, the hitboxes aren't THAT bad, usually. Perhaps a little worse than DS1's, although there's not much point comparing them since they're very different.

I must admit, playing DS1 second, there were a few times where I joked about people complaining about the DS2 hitboxes, given some of the ones in that game...

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

DO NOT LISTEN! Unless you passionately enjoy cringe, which is now and forever the essence of Sonic outside of gameplay (which I've discovered in adulthood is 2 fast 4 me, sorry childhood memories of SA2B!).

Pls delete this game from my childhood. Imprint artificial memories of like Xenosaga or FFIX to fill in the space.

…Right. Anyway I’m going to enjoy some fine culture this evening. You gentlemen can enjoy ruminating about bad Sonic games.

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

(which is where HGSS by and large failed, with the battle themes at least. Gen IV's battle themes are pretty bleh in general. The other music's alright, though, I guess).

Maybe I would rate Pokemon somewhat lower than in my peak interest, but yeah I am super biased to HGSS and thus can't say even the track you mention in particular sucks.

(But yeah Ho-Oh did get the better of the two)

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Not to mention, this horribly unfitting for the creature it plays for, which may I remind you at one point had this for a theme. Literally all they had to do is make that song into a proper battle theme and all would've been okay. But nope. Garbage it is. Ugh.

Have they ever used the anime for music in the games?

I feel it's a maybe.

Apologies, busy day today, just taking a moment to respond to you Draggy.

An interesting decision to have two of the Shrike Team playable and the rest show up for an attack animation. More like D's approach, except in there it was just the one.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Seeing Xillia 2 in S makes me happy! ^^
I love that game!

Well Xillia/Xillia 2 use the same "core" as Vesperia, and that system is their best imo.

Ofc Xillia improved alot on the gameplay "issues" Vesperia had, Along with increasing are count and skilps available, making options near limitless.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That likely happens to everyone sometimes. While I don't loathe it or anything like that, I don't give Vesperia anywhere near the praise some other Tales fans do, it's... overrated.

I liked playing Vesperia, when my dad got it on his 360, but as far as my favorite entries in the Tales series are concerned, few come close to how much enjoyment I got out of the Xillias, and Berseria.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But, at least that isn't Armagon's relegation of the universally-agreed 10/10 masterpiece that is Metroid Prime 1 to a score of 6.5 "Flawed transition to 3D". Whilst also not being the biggest fan of Super Metroid (it's aged more than others would admit), and fornicating on the sacred altar of Metroidom by placing Other M in the same tier as Super Metroid, regarding the game as getting too much hate.

*Quietly hides a giant neon sign that says "I prefer Dawn of the New World to the original Tales of Symphonia!"*

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Maybe I would rate Pokemon somewhat lower than in my peak interest, but yeah I am super biased to HGSS and thus can't say even the track you mention in particular sucks.

That's fair.

I don't like it, I think it's bad music, and even worse music for a creature like Lugia (I'm particularly angry about this track, because while I was still into Pokémon, Lugia was far and away my favorite out of all of them, so it having a battle theme I'd consider one of the worst I've ever had the displeasure of listening to was... not pleasant, to say the least), but I won't say you should feel the same way 'bout it that I do.

Not much for makin' others think the same way I do, haha! ^^

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Have they ever used the anime for music in the games?

I feel it's a maybe.

Sadly, no. But that would've been a good point to start.

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Apologies, busy day today, just taking a moment to respond to you Draggy.

It's okay, no worries! ^^

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well Xillia/Xillia 2 use the same "core" as Vesperia, and that system is their best imo.

Ofc Xillia improved alot on the gameplay "issues" Vesperia had, Along with increasing are count and skilps available, making options near limitless.

Yeah, the gameplay in the Xillia games was really good!
My personal fondness for them comes mainly from me just really liking the setting, story, characters, and music (this last one is best in the series across both games, imo), though. ^^;

Why did my PS3 have to stop working...? *sniff*

I still get teary-eyed listening to this. ^^;
First game that ever got me legitimately crying, and it will forever hold that distinction.
Even if Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 and Blue Reflection managed to do the same.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, the gameplay in the Xillia games was really good!
My personal fondness for them comes mainly from me just really liking the setting, story, characters, and music (this last one is best in the series across both games, imo), though. ^^;

Why did my PS3 have to stop working...? *sniff*

Xillia might be rated better gameplay wise than Vesperia if not for the "shields" the enemy had. They just broke comboes for free, which was kinda annoying. But that one negative cant compare to all the positives it has!

Awwww! 

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Xillia might be rated better gameplay wise than Vesperia if not for the "shields" the enemy had. They just broke comboes for free, which was kinda annoying.

Oh yeah, that part was a bit of an annoyance, it's true!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

But that one negative cant compare to all the positives it has!

Yup, yup!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Awwww! 

Hehe ^^