Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Probably one the most beautiful arts of her I've ever seen. Really dig this style

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sometimes I wonder if I’m wasting my young years before entering the US work force.

Happy birthday, Sooks. Enjoy your youth while it lasts.

#already graduated but the thought of school is still stressful from Pokeluv101

Edited by Ghost_06_

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't be. That's the last time you'll ever have freedom. Unless you are unemployed because no one wants to employ you... *grumble grumble*

Don’t worry, the U.S. really wants labor right now.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:
Happy birthday, Sooks. Enjoy your youth while it lasts.

#already graduated but the thought of school is still stressful from Pokeluv101

Thanks, I think.

Just now, Sooks said:

With the current climate, it's wise to be careful on what you choose. No worth there being thousands of job opportunities if over 90% will treat you more like a slave than a worker.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

With the current climate, it's wise to be careful on what you choose. No worth there being thousands of job opportunities if over 90% will treat you more like a slave than a worker.

That’s par for the course I’m afraid. There aren’t a ton of options to avoid that in good old capitalism.

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why? Does it bring thoughts about your mortality again?

Duh, what else? A birthday means you're older. Oldness is bad. I don't want to be a Jagen, or a dude who says "I leave things to the next generation of heroes!" and then goes kaboom/*stabbed* to temporarily put a major bad guy out of commission so the much younger heroes get to have all the fun.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Reminds me ever so slightly of the good old Black Death. After that did a number on the systems of 14th century Medieval Europe, labor was in a better place than it had been for a few centuries, although it would eventually decline again. All you had to do is not succumb to the bubonic, the pneumatic, and or the septicemic variants of plague.

26 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Looks like someone lost control of his life

I have very recently learned how sad it is to look up smut all of a sudden. And even worse I'm asking the question "How would one check for that *ahem* titular possible health issue?", and it's bringing up a poignant image I saw, one that is Not Serenes Forest Welcomed.

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reading more into the scenario listing... well, it finally happened. SRW is employing an actual traversable world map format. You don't only choose missions through a menu list, but also by traveling around the map and coming across missions that way too. Some Missions can expire too, so you can't just let them stew until you feel like doing them. And some missions unlock by doing others. This is all very fascinating...

The most flexible chapter system since Lord of Elemental 1 or maybe SRW EX? 

What about major villains? Does leaving, IDK, the Great General of Darkness free to do whatever they want somewhere, mean you have to fight them later together with Schirocco (to pull another random licensed name I've seen in passing from scanning over Akurasu flowcharts) in the same fight? Will this play into what ending you get? Or will the big baddies be absolutely mandatory?

Hopefully the writers can support whatever flexibility this brings to the table. Nonlinearity is such a chore to have to work around. 

A few of those good old SRW secrets are going to probably require some careful mission selection.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I have mixed feelings.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What if slave jobs are your only choice?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have very recently learned how sad it is to look up smut all of a sudden. And even worse I'm asking the question "How would one check for that *ahem* titular possible health issue?", and it's bringing up a poignant image I saw, one that is Not Serenes Forest Welcomed.

People just want to escape real life. Sometimes, the usual place to escape to is not enough, and they search deeper, straying further from the light.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The most flexible chapter system since Lord of Elemental 1 or maybe SRW EX? 

What about major villains? Does leaving, IDK, the Great General of Darkness free to do whatever they want somewhere, mean you have to fight them later together with Schirocco (to pull another random licensed name I've seen in passing from scanning over Akurasu flowcharts) in the same fight? Will this play into what ending you get? Or will the big baddies be absolutely mandatory?

Hopefully the writers can support whatever flexibility this brings to the table. Nonlinearity is such a chore to have to work around. 

A few of those good old SRW secrets are going to probably require some careful mission selection.

Who knows. Can't be too wild, but well, we might eventually see once the game is fully out.

Most likely, heh. And maybe some might be exclusive to each other as a result.

9 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

What if slave jobs are your only choice?

Then the system has failed you. Just like how the US Minimum Wage should already be 25 USD/h when factoring inflation. Prices rose, but wages remained the same. Yet people need to fight for even 15 USD/h.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

What 1 chapter of starshere abuse does to a MF:

Hide contents

wolf.thumb.jpeg.2a855e9c0716501fbb16358446179092.jpegmidia.thumb.jpeg.65385bb6c25b377ca346d37b6a4f7773.jpegmatthis.thumb.jpeg.fa24c59b7c7a0d905a28003491472c68.jpeg

@Saint Rubenio it's  ya boi

Jeez, Matthis didn't get lax that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Another year, another day of celebrating +1 to the age counter. I had a good birthday with the family, though! The (non chocolate section of the) cake was good, the games were fun, and we went to my favorite restaurant. So yeah, it was a good birthday.

Although this year, I sort of forgot about it. When I was little I would count down the days until my birthday, but this year I wasn’t exactly waiting for it, I kind of forgot about it. My mom says that’s what happens when you get older, RIP.

Hope everyone else had a good day.

Funny you say that, I was busy this evening with my brother's birthday.

In one way it's a shame that we let something that excited us with it's coming just fade back a bit, but there's nothing to be said for building things up a bit. Celebration with others is certainly not something to discourage.And at least you were able to enjoy it (well, barring the chocolate on the cake. Do you not like it on cake then?).

Happy birthday, @Sooks! You now have the distinct privilege of saying that you are the same age as me!

2 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Thanks. Game's fairly solid at the moment. I just need to master quickstep

Nice, glad that you like it. I would generally consider it to have the second or third worst story in the series, but I still really liked it. Considering how absolutely horrid the OG Yakuza 1 is, it's a miracle that this game managed to be even decent. I don't often think that cutting content from an original to a remake is a good idea, but thank the lord that they got rid of the English voice acting.

38 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

People just want to escape real life. Sometimes, the usual place to escape to is not enough, and they search deeper, straying further from the light.

Doesn't matter if you're living in "reality" or a "fantasy", eventually you'll die. As long as you're law-abiding, financially stable and solvent, and any dependents you may have are doing well, why not escape reality as much you want? There is little can we can do to make a major difference in the world, one vote doesn't matter, one more vegan & recycler isn't going to save the planet from climate change. Escapism is living, and if it's a good escape, and the above criteria are met, why is it a problem?

...Pardon the nihilism speaking from within me. Though I'm on the relative, temporary, mend, my mind can still visualize all as meaningless.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

B6xGk0W.jpg

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(well, barring the chocolate on the cake. Do you not like it on cake then?).

Yeah, I don’t really like chocolate in any form other than a chocolate bar or maybe a donut, sometimes.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

late, but happy birthday @Sooks!

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Happy birthday, @Sooks! You now have the distinct privilege of saying that you are the same age as me!

For 14 days, nice.

And thanks!

> boots up SGW again

> hears music

> closes game

Yeesh the music in this hack i can't stand at all

Maybe i should just turn off in game music and play something from youtube or something

And apparently music editing is not that easy...

Edited by Shrimp γ

Spoiler

Estelle and Joshua while Formidable Enemy plays? Hype!

Also, who’s the other Tio? Estelle says she has two friends called Lloyd and Tio, and I remember that Lloyd is the fisherman’s guild guy, but I don’t remember anyone called Tio.

I hear what’s going on here game.

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then the system has failed you. Just like how the US Minimum Wage should already be 25 USD/h when factoring inflation. Prices rose, but wages remained the same. Yet people need to fight for even 15 USD/h.

This is not even half of the minimum wage here

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nice, glad that you like it. I would generally consider it to have the second or third worst story in the series, but I still really liked it. Considering how absolutely horrid the OG Yakuza 1 is, it's a miracle that this game managed to be even decent. I don't often think that cutting content from an original to a remake is a good idea, but thank the lord that they got rid of the English voice acting.

Now I understand why the game didn't ask me to choose language.

Also, I'm curirous on what story you think is the worst.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Doesn't matter if you're living in "reality" or a "fantasy", eventually you'll die. As long as you're law-abiding, financially stable, and any dependents you may have are doing well, why not escape reality as much you want? There is little can we can do to make a major difference in the world, one vote doesn't matter, one more vegan & recycler isn't going to save the planet from climate change. Escapism is living, and if it's a good escape, and the above criteria are met, why is it a problem?

...Pardon the nihilism speaking from within me. Though I'm on the relative, temporary, mend, my mind can still visualize all as meaningless.

Nihilist? It's just the truth. All of us, all the essence that inhabits the body of each one of us, each one of our souls are just small voices in the great symphony, such that it was composed by the true artists, in a perfect and immaculate way. We are just interpreters destined to reproduce the composition. We are small stories intertwined with other stories, premeditated and made with perfect harmony, perfect synchrony, arranged in this way by the will and creativity of those who made this beautiful and tragic piece.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Another year, another day of celebrating +1 to the age counter. I had a good birthday with the family, though! The (non chocolate section of the) cake was good, the games were fun, and we went to my favorite restaurant. So yeah, it was a good birthday.

Although this year, I sort of forgot about it. When I was little I would count down the days until my birthday, but this year I wasn’t exactly waiting for it, I kind of forgot about it. My mom says that’s what happens when you get older, RIP.

Hope everyone else had a good day.

Happy birthday!!

3 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

> boots up SGW again

> hears music

> closes game

Yeesh the music in this hack i can't stand at all

Maybe i should just turn off in game music and play something from youtube or something

And apparently music editing is not that easy...

Care to elaborate on what mod your playing?

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not in the US, I take it.

Unfortunately

Also, just the new chapter you posted, and it was an improvement. The problem with the dialogue was mostly gone.

36 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Care to elaborate on what mod your playing?

https://feuniverse.us/t/fe8-complete-the-sun-gods-wrath-final-release-v1-65-27-chapters-8-1-2021/6207

It's one of the most popular hacks. I like what i played of it, but the music really gets to me (and y'all probably know by now how important music is to me while playing).

And it's not the tracks themselves i have a problem with, but how they were "gba'fied", so to say, as i do like most of the og tracks quite a bit.

Edited by Shrimp γ