Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wdym? I'm right.

You're so fond of being right, aren't you.

Honestly though why the hell is there a random-ass Heroes OC in the banner? Is this a regular occurrence?

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

ITT: Happy people.

I honestly feared it would never happen. But it did happen. I don't even know what the progress is or when we can expect it to be done, but just knowing it's in the works is great.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly though why the hell is there a random-ass Heroes OC in the banner? Is this a regular occurrence?

It's hasn't been that commonplace over the years from what I've seen. In this case, I would think that they thought "Well, might as well be kind and give Archanea some representation. But, let's face it, the continent's cast is very dull to 95% of fans. An OC that those many fans may be fan fond of, those fans who ignore how "Written on the back of napkin at lunch the day before" the characters and story of FEH are, will help salvage some revenue-generating orb movements for this banner.".

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I honestly feared it would never happen. But it did happen. I don't even know what the progress is or when we can expect it to be done, but just knowing it's in the works is great.

Since this is a professional translation effort I take it, that's a very very very good thing. Pay people who otherwise would otherwise go hungry to translate, and you'll get a translation in due time.

Fan translations, being done intermittently by people who have day jobs and carry out the translating -and worse patching- of the dialogue as a hobby, are subject to often being delayed to no end or quietly canceled. I checked AeonGenesis once, and while they are reportedly nearly done with 4th SRW as of March of this year, seemingly playable even now, SRW Alpha 1 has been sitting still incomplete, now at 65%, after 14 years of effort. You wouldn't have this issue with a professional translation.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's hasn't been that commonplace over the years from what I've seen. In this case, I would think that they thought "Well, might as well be kind and give Archanea some representation. But, let's face it, the continent's cast is very dull to 95% of fans. An OC that those many fans may be fan fond of, those fans who ignore how "Written on the back of napkin at lunch the day before" the characters and story of FEH are, will help salvage some revenue-generating orb movements for this banner.".

Hahahahaha... Ahhh, I'm so glad I don't have to acknowledge Heroes's existence to view the JPEGs that come from it.

Since this is a professional translation effort I take it, that's a very very very good thing. Pay people who otherwise would otherwise go hungry to translate, and you'll get a translation in due time.

I would imagine it is a professional effort like the first game.

Fan translations, being done intermittently by people who have day jobs and carry out the translating -and worse patching- of the dialogue as a hobby, are subject to often being delayed to no end or quietly canceled. I checked AeonGenesis once, and while they are reportedly nearly done with 4th SRW as of March of this year, seemingly playable even now, SRW Alpha 1 has been sitting still incomplete, now at 65%, after 14 years of effort. You wouldn't have this issue with a professional translation.

Yeah, that's the worst part of fanslations. There's just no guarantees.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hope I am not too late to wish you a Happy Birthday Sooks!!!

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Sooks Happy birthday! Hope I'm not too late. You know how it is with timezones and shit.

Thank you both! I mentioned it late in the day (for me), so neither of you are too late in my book.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah but I know it has something to with one of the stories they're running alongside the main one.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhh, I'm so glad I don't have to acknowledge Heroes's existence to view the JPEGs that come from it.

Same.

But it's such a shame it's a trove of missed opportunities. I've said it before but I would've loved to see FEH's concepts in like, a real game.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Nah but I know it has something to with one of the stories they're running alongside the main one.

It seems like Heroes OCs in new hero banners has been pretty frequent the last few months to be honest, what with the shoving of FEH gods into them.

Annoyed tangent, screw Costco because they fucked up on converting some tapes so bad the DVDs they burned have no audio.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Ruben really said 

Basically this, yes. Except the house is a giant chest trying to kill Walt. And the pizza is a boomerang. And Walt has hair, is a woman and is wearing a full suit of armor. And there's spike traps on the ground.

...Come to think about it, it's not really much like this at all.

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Same.

But it's such a shame it's a trove of missed opportunities.

Oh, absolutely, but who cares, really. It's IntSys's chicken of the golden eggs, nothing more, nothing less. Let them have the money so they can invest it on making superior games.

...Then again, three years of Heroes money got us Three Houses, so...

54 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Annoyed tangent, screw Costco because they fucked up on converting some tapes so bad the DVDs they burned have no audio.

Damn you, Costco! So glad we don't have you here.

Randy’s AT delay is so good.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Basically this, yes. Except the house is a giant chest trying to kill Walt. And the pizza is a boomerang. And Walt has hair, is a woman and is wearing a full suit of armor. And there's spike traps on the ground.

...Come to think about it, it's not really much like this at all.

It’s like this because I said so.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s like this because I said so.

Well, okay, fine. But only this once.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We did get this thanks to them tho

0904d11c9b2c7fcb23c5363d916f3661f14869ca

Hahahahaha... Somehow I doubt he said "effing."

I finally did it, Randy’s AT delay is really good.

And holy crap, some of the room decorations are expensive. I just want to see all the scenes at the end of the game.

Edited by Sooks

4 hours ago, Spara said:

For VS2, Kaga has said he's probably gonna charge actual money for it instead of being a free game (3000 yen, or about $26 USD).

Hopefully that means a good UI and QoL as well, and maybe some scriptera for real crazy stuff like i've seen in a few Japanese srpg studio games

....we will probably get it by 2030 tho lol

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

Hopefully that means a good UI and QoL as well, and maybe some scriptera for real crazy stuff like i've seen in a few Japanese srpg studio games

The original Vestaria translation did add universal enemy range, but I doubt they'll change the game that much.