• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Why does this post feel so long?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay so, Harry Potter spoilers, though at this point I'm not sure it's necessary.

Reveal hidden contents

Cedric's death is more of a character than Cedric lolololololo

This but seriously.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Qgi8hwnr o
2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm nothing more than an introverted, lazy adult. Who, despite their body and mind aging, does not yet feel like an adult. Very likely because I haven't taken the final steps to adulthood- becoming independent and self-sufficient. I've relatives younger than me who are concerned they're getting a little old for being single when all their friends are tying the knot, and at least they've made several attempts at love. I've never so much as had a real IRL friend, courtship is well beyond me. My precious, short-lived youth is gone, with the occasional worry of when my 'drive will sink (supposedly it peaks at 30😱), but I'm still a kid in the wrong ways.

That, and my introversion means I rarely venture out of my tiny comfort zone, that is the only adults-only VN I've ever glimpsed. Not only that, but I'm nowhere near as expressive IRL as I am in electronic mediums I think. I mean, you can tell I'm totally autistic without much guessing. Yet, my family would be floored if they saw the language, the tone, and the exuberance I've been dancing out right here. I sound so, so gay. 

My body quakes with the bliss (thank heavens it isn't fear again!) I'm still feeling right now from all this. If I tried walking into a 'club all alone, I would cry my eyes out from feeling discomfort at simply being there, an alien environment as any. But on the Internet, and for almost all of my life in video games (long before the first impurities grew in my mind), the depth of emotions I can feel is oceans' deep, and never will you see any of it on my stagnant, soulless face.

Honestly I'm happy to see you, to paraphrase yourself, exuberant about all this.

And from my own experience of trying to get to self-sustaining, I can only hope you get a stable enough situation to make it stick (and not like my last attempt where the work was lost right before the pandemic). This of course being more difficult in a world coming to grips with the current pandemic (to wildly varying degrees of success, some definitely being hampered in doing so), but I do think it'll be essential on a grand scale to prevent people falling through the cracks.

As for trying to form relationships, frankly in a less home-based scenario I thankfully can't say I'm in the same boat. Could stand to be better in some aspects (trying to be clearer about what I am discussing at times for example), but I'd like to think I can get along with people and discuss topics with them, which help build upon the relationships you have with people. It can be difficult to start though and with the spectrum not being uniform, I can't say "Oh, this one neat trick will change your world!", but scenarios where you're better able to express yourself can help you get comfortable (like say a meeting talking to someone about an issue they've come across in a topic you have a good understanding of). Maybe not nightclub comfortable (I never feel like I can talk to anyone in them, it's too loud) but more out there. Though I fear I went on an irrelevant tangent there.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, that last post of Interdimensional was like staring at a mirror. Almost. Certainly some differences... but sheesh, uncanny.

I'd say it's no bad thing imo, being able to reflect on our similarities can help put ourselves in context.

(Also are we all autistic after all? Be awkward to explain how I accidentally stumbled into an online group of such when being asked to interact with a similar group irl while barriers to doing so exist..)

...I'll have to come back here one day and compile some of these posts for my memoirs.☺️

I'm frankly terrified at the thought of doing that.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

But it’s still something the movies messed up because they changed it so that Harry, age 11, straight up murders Quirrell and watches him die at the end of the first movie, so he should have been seeing them the whole time.

Funny enough that they don't treat it like they did in the books, where Harry didn't notice it was off until he realised others didn't see them. He should have still seen them in the other years if so and it's implied he does but it never came up before.

Which is a retcon in OotP, but it's worldbuilding retcons I suppose.

2 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Lies! Lies and Slander! I just decided to check this VN because I thought the title was funny, not because I check every VN with horny that comes up. Even Shrimpy has shared horny VNs here and I never bothered to check out, much less download.

Your post is clearly biased and it does not represent the truth in any way!

Pin on Trails of Kiseki S Crafts

Standard Zero Six posting I see. 😛

All lifeforms in a nutshell. Let us not forget that plants spray their seed called "pollen" in public every year, in hopes that it'll land on random some fellow sunflower or what have you. And who pays the price for it? We humans. The indecency of the flora sends us sneezing, sinuses congested, reaching for the meds to overcome their unrestrained passions, and leaving our outdoor furniture green-yellow with disgusting stuff.

Damm horny plants

And this is why bees providing a "targetted" option for plants is a good thing.

@Benice@Shrimp γ Hope both of your are recovering well!

I would talk on the methodologies of reducing Depresso in our system, but I'm..... not exactly out of the woods myself, if not at least as down about it as I could be/have been.

Off all this long topic, I spent hours to pick a small bucket of berries. I'm going to miss that when winter's truly here.

21 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'd say it's no bad thing imo, being able to reflect on our similarities can help put ourselves in context.

(Also are we all autistic after all? Be awkward to explain how I accidentally stumbled into an online group of such when being asked to interact with a similar group irl while barriers to doing so exist..)

I wouldn't know. I haven't really been tested/examined for that best I know.

Okay, made it to Fort Bannister, just north of Evergreen Mills. The place is under Talon Company Control. There's actually something to do here thanks to the Broken Steel DLC, but it needs to be actually in Broken Steel to show up. The trigger from what I looked up requires the Talon boss to still be alive, so I think I can clear this place up in advance, so long I keep him alive, then come back here when it's actually relevant.

I just found myself in the FE subreddit.

"I love Garon to bits. Dude is comedy gold and the audacity of this man never ceased to amaze me."

I do not remember writing that, and the post was not written from my account, but it must be me. It sounds like me!

Now, to figure out how to allow Scwarzritter to activate either of his S-crafts in the arena. Loewe was not allowed to (im assuming because it would be an 100% loss against him and Cassius used them back to back) and now im trying to restore them. 

Edited by lightcosmo

You know, everyone remembers "I don't pick fights I can't win", but Ephraim says that a measly two times in the first chapter he appears. If he has a catchphrase, it's "Lyon is my friend." Any time he feels even slightly distressed he just says that. Must say it like 10 times over the course of the game.

Code ETE (Exercise to Exhaustion) didn't override Code MTM (Melancholic To Merry) as much I as I thought it would. I went longer than I had originally intended and it still wasn't enough to shut down the heavenly feeling. Not that it's a bad thing to be happy if it doesn't come at the expense of others, happiness is bound to be fleeting, gotta savor it while it lasts.😀

4 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Here's a compilation.

Fiasco by a thousand cuts if I ever saw it. A slow burn (so, barbecue) of badness. Smells delicious. I could use a pulled pork sandwich now that I think about it.

4 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I don't remember this. Guess I need to replay them.

Don't put yourself through that. They've so much gameplay osteoporosis.

I believe the magic that makes SMTIf... FeMC Tamaki fall in love Tadashi is relegated to the Snow Queen Quest, so the PSP port is the only option to see it. (And why would you play the PS1's English version in the first place?)

In Persona 2: Innocent Sin, they're already in love, since it's been several years since P1. And you can't miss seeing them. Eternal Punishment, perhaps realizing fans thought the relationship a real man's disgusting wish-fulfillment, came up with an excuse to sweep Tadashi entirely out of the picture.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And yes, I should probably go to the gym, just for good health if nothing else. But I am ever so lazy and exercise bores me to tears.

Get a treadmill or stationary bike for home. A sitting bike would be the least of a chore, but also more likely something you don't put all your effort into. Turn on the TV or grab a tablet and watch something on there while you exercise, it'll make time pass a little faster and with less boredom.

You'll still go weeks, maybe months without ever getting on your exercise machine. You may or may not regret every day you fail to exercise. And you might lament your failures to put into practice that plan of daily or twice daily or every other day routines at specific intensities for specific lengths of time that you nobly concocted in your head.

But, the few days you actually get on it, it'll be good. It might not ever burn enough calories to have positive impact on your health, but as a mental placebo, it'll be great.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

but I'd like to think I can get along with people and discuss topics with them, which help build upon the relationships you have with people. It can be difficult to start though and with the spectrum not being uniform, I can't say "Oh, this one neat trick will change your world!"

I am Asperger's, I don't need pity, well, maybe a little a soul as self-deprecating as I can still have some foolish pride.

I'm mean, I was perfectly capable of making small talk during class during my time in college. I can blend in fairly well, if with a certain inescapable measure of peculiarity.

The issue is more going into a large social gathering pretty much alone. No anchor, no one I know to whom to attach myself and not stray far from. Even at family gatherings over the years, I intended to sit alone and play whatever portable video games I brought, my presence was practically unnoticeable. Being individualistic should mean I adore being free from others at large gatherings, that I should love being able to seize the initiative and interact however I want. And yet, it gives me the nerves.

Why? Is this the result of my perception of my lack of self-worth? Is this it a sense of not wanting to bother others or "burden" them? That I'd rather be as inoffensive as odorless air (devoid of carbon monoxide) than risk the slightest troubling of others? ...As much as I can try to self-reflect, which is always an imperfect exercise, the pond beneath the illuminating full moon becomes cloudy as I approach this end of it, I cannot see myself. I don't perceive myself of having a confident answer here in this moment.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Autistics of the world... actually lets not unite. I think we can agree we all prefer doing our own things.🙂

Whilst it isn't impossible for aspies and other autistic people to form a group (I read once on my university's events webpage of a group of local-ish high-functioning autistic young men doing tours of comedy routines) I don't think we're the kind to readily do so. For whatever bonds we may seek, we hover somewhere at or right below the stringent level of the germaphobes (who are now the enlightened ones in the covid world) in terms of openness to big friendly hugs and kumbaya-handholding.

I respect other people with autism IRL as I do all human beings, but I don't necessarily want to interact with them, shame to say it. The Internet for whatever reasons, lets us come together more easily. We still might not agree, but perhaps because the Internet is divided into topical places, we can find similar aspies and be friendly more readily than IRL. We also don't see each other as we truly are great I want to be seen as a Platonic ideal, not an imperfect earthly being, in case some of us can detect our brethren by our looks and manners, and act a bit judgmentally based on that.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I'm frankly terrified at the thought of doing that.

I don't know if somebody else has already come up with it, or if the major social media companies are informally working on it in the background with the accounts of all the people who die on there, or if Ancestry.com does it, but I think there is a market for a "MyTestament.deathcom".

In the past, only the great men and women of history could afford to leave behind lasting monuments of their existence, hulking structures built of stone and inscribed with panegyrics. Later, people could write their autobiographies and memoirs in cheap paperback books, or have their name placed on a building or organization (not always good people, Kochs). Nowadays, anyone can record themselves and put it online for free. Imagine, a stable, big website where people can post all their videos and images of themselves that they want to be remembered till the end of time by.

The stuff you think of when you're gloomy.

Historians of... how could I've forgotten which of social and cultural histories is more oriented towards individuals which is more about analyzing the larger community!😑 I swore I would not forget what my professors informally said about the cultural vs. social divide. Whichever or maybe both of said groups of historians could benefit from having it all together like this. Albeit they would have to be conscious this is people presenting themselves as they want to be remembered, even the most humble of individuals would be expected to polish up their image for posterity to some extent.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

And this is why bees providing a "targetted" option for plants is a good thing.

But don't rely on the American bumblebee, I read just yesterday it has reportedly vanished from 8 states altogether. Talk of putting in on the endangered species list will do nothing is being considered.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Okay, killed all the Talon Company Mercs except for the leader. That hopefully means I can still trigger the events that happen here during Broken Steel.

Now to keep traveling towards the Lamplight Caverns.

Okay, so Ewan is soloing his way to Riev in Last Hope. Because as it turns out, nosferatu on top of 27 magic, 26 speed with only 1 AS loss and an A support makes armies cry.

Nice.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Get a treadmill or stationary bike for home. A sitting bike would be the least of a chore, but also more likely something you don't put all your effort into. Turn on the TV or grab a tablet and watch something on there while you exercise, it'll make time pass a little faster and with less boredom.

We have a... how do you say in English, elliptical bike? Upstairs. The problem is, there's no room for a TV or anything there, and last time I tried using it while just plain listening to music, I ended up staring at the minutes before 10 minutes have passed. Not even out of exhaustion, I was keeping a good rhythm, but good God I was so fucking bored.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You'll still go weeks, maybe months without ever getting on your exercise machine. You may or may not regret every day you fail to exercise. And you might lament your failures to put into practice that plan of daily or twice daily or every other day routines at specific intensities for specific lengths of time that you nobly concocted in your head.

But, the few days you actually get on it, it'll be good. It might not ever burn enough calories to have positive impact on your health, but as a mental placebo, it'll be great.

Hah!

Amazing.

Well, thanks for the tip.

"Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree
If mankind perished utterly;

And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn,
Would scarcely know that we were gone."

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh my God, that was so easy. Holy shit... who needs warp when you have Ewan? Seriously, kid just carved a path straight to Riev in four turns and then proceded to utterly body the old man with a luna crit. There was a purge sage that could've given me some trouble, but Dara successfully berserked her, so instead, she took care of a few stragglers as Ewan dashed past her. Goodness gracious.

Well, I do have to give some credit to the NPCs. Remember the shitty knights from the original map? No more. Now they're all generals, and strong generals at that. They did more than my units in the upper side of the map!

Oh, and the hacker gave Riev nosferatu. For all the good it did him lol.

Zrkknerp oDftsn2uh o

I love this hacker man. He's awesome. No more useless light brand - now you get an actual reward for saving the knights of Rausten! I've no idea who will get this. Maybe Amelia. We'll see.

Nlkzo5ju o

I also get L'Arachel's uncle. Now that's a great addition. By the time he joins, the only humans left to fight are Riev and Lyon, so he makes for an excellent Gotoh. He also has S light, which is great, I have nobody else to use Ivaldi.

But that's all tomorrow. I think I'll be able to finish the hack then. Not sure if I'll bother with the postgame. I kinda wanna see what Morva looks like (he replaces Hayden since he joins in the egg map now), but beyond that, it doesn't seem like much has changed, beyond the monsters having stats.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

This but seriously.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, it certainly accomplished more than he ever did...

The same as her then.

Sasha shingeki no kyojin potato | lifeanimes.com

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I am Asperger's, I don't need pity, well, maybe a little a soul as self-deprecating as I can still have some foolish pride.

Hey, at least we permission to use the "A" and "S" words!

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm mean, I was perfectly capable of making small talk during class during my time in college. I can blend in fairly well, if with a certain inescapable measure of peculiarity.

The issue is more going into a large social gathering pretty much alone. No anchor, no one I know to whom to attach myself and not stray far from. Even at family gatherings over the years, I intended to sit alone and play whatever portable video games I brought, my presence was practically unnoticeable. Being individualistic should mean I adore being free from others at large gatherings, that I should love being able to seize the initiative and interact however I want. And yet, it gives me the nerves.

Are you me?

Man, I wish I had the ability to properly put my thoughts into words. There's so much I wanted to say, but I can only write short phrases.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Standard Zero Six posting I see. 😛

Why do you think this is my standard posting? Just because I had to defend myself from Sooks' lies?

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't put yourself through that. They've so much gameplay osteoporosis.

At least they're easy. Persona 2 is almost like a visual novel.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, everyone remembers "I don't pick fights I can't win", but Ephraim says that a measly two times in the first chapter he appears. If he has a catchphrase, it's "Lyon is my friend." Any time he feels even slightly distressed he just says that. Must say it like 10 times over the course of the game.

It's because the former is cool, while the latter is not.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Zrkknerp oDftsn2uh o

Damn, I love Ephraim and L'arachel.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

The same as her then.

Sasha shingeki no kyojin potato | lifeanimes.com

Whomst?

It's because the former is cool, while the latter is not.

I guess that's true.

Damn, I love Ephraim and L'arachel.

She hit the bench while Ephraim married Tana.

Sorry. He has zero chemistry with Tana, honestly, but there was nobody else who could support him. Forde stole Eirika.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The issue is more going into a large social gathering pretty much alone. No anchor, no one I know to whom to attach myself and not stray far from. Even at family gatherings over the years, I intended to sit alone and play whatever portable video games I brought, my presence was practically unnoticeable. Being individualistic should mean I adore being free from others at large gatherings, that I should love being able to seize the initiative and interact however I want. And yet, it gives me the nerves. Why? Is this the result of my perception of my lack of self-worth? Is this it a sense of not wanting to bother others or "burden" them? That I'd rather be as inoffensive as odorless air (devoid of carbon monoxide) than risk the slightest troubling of others? ...As much I can try to self-reflect, which is always an imperfect exercise, the pond beneath the illuminating full moon becomes cloudy as I approach this end of it, I cannot see myself. I don't perceive myself of having a confident answer here in this moment.

Being honest, I didn't really go out on my own either (not like I can at present). I do think it was a weakness of mine even when I was in college (a combination of concerns about safety despite not being the most likely target of unsavoury types and a worsening state as a person in the later years), which when combined with my post-3rd level experience means my interactions were going to be limited as I left it. Outside of groups of disabled people, social workers and family, I didn't get much personal conversation throughout the period when I didn't have work, so naturally I am not happy about the current state of affairs.

A sense of having to regulate oneself all the time for social situations can be enough of an albatross on one's neck to make the whole experience a drag, much less doing so in a way that makes yourself agreeable for others. Open as I may be about having it with others, sometimes I can be a bit lax about keeping to social convention (eye contact being one of the first things to fall) and personally it's a matter of trying to do so enough to keep to the standard but not be constantly keeping an eye out for it. (DAMMIT THE PUN)

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Autistics of the world... actually lets not unite. I think we can agree we all prefer doing our own things.🙂

Whilst it isn't impossible for aspies and other autistic people to form a group (I read once on my university's events webpage of a group of local-ish high-functioning autistic young men doing tours of comedy routines) I don't think we're the kind to readily do so. For whatever bonds we may seek, we hover somewhere at or right below the stringent level of the germaphobes (who are now the enlightened ones in the covid world) in terms of openness to big friendly hugs and kumbaya-handholding.

I respect other people with autism IRL as I do all human beings, but I don't necessarily want to interact with them, shame to say it. The Internet for whatever reasons, lets us come together more easily. We still might not agree, but perhaps because the Internet is divided into topical places, we can find similar aspies and be friendly more readily than IRL. We also don't see each other as we truly are great I want to be seen as a Platonic ideal, not an imperfect earthly being, in case some of us can detect our brethren by our looks and manners, and act a bit judgmentally based on that.

Being a stranger to someone tends to leave me a bit less open towards it, but I'm admittedly not someone who's as nervous about physical contact, much as I tend to approach first and don't tend to have others do so which I'm pretty sure has had some side effects (see: I was startled enough by someone tapping me on the shoulder I ended up elbowing them. Very recently at that.).

That sense of there being less of a barrier due to some shared interest is a pretty understandable point, alongside the written word being an easy aid in being able to present a specific image of ourselves we're comfortable with (and that's not surprising when I find it all to easy to pull something back before posting it if I deem it a bad move in some way).

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't know if somebody else has already come up with it, or if the major social media companies are informally working on it in the background with the accounts of all the people who die on there, or if Ancestry.com does it, but I think there is a market for a "MyTestament.deathcom".

In the past, only the great men and women of history could afford to leave behind lasting monuments of their existence, hulking structures built of stone and inscribed with panegyrics. Later, people could write their autobiographies and memoirs in cheap paperback books, or have their name placed on a building or organization (not always good people, Kochs). Nowadays, anyone can record themselves and put it online for free. Imagine, a stable, big website where people can post all their videos and images of themselves that they want to be remembered till the end of time by.

The stuff you think of when you're gloomy.

Historians of... how could I've forgotten which of social and cultural histories is more oriented towards individuals which is more about analyzing the larger community!😑 I swore I would not forget what my professors informally said. Whichever or maybe both of said groups of historians could benefit from having it all together like this. Albeit they would have to be conscious this is people presenting themselves as they want to be remembered, even the most humble of individuals would be expected to polish up their image for posterity to some extent.

I do think that something of the sort can be done on Facebook, but I am far from familiar with that place to say for sure.

The absolute Nightosphere of internet history will horrify historians someday

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I wouldn't know. I haven't really been tested/examined for that best I know.

If you do think you show significant indicators of such, I would consider looking into getting assessed for any conditions/disorders/etc. you could have. I only hope that the relevant health service isn't as sucky as here on waiting for any assessment or other meetings.

Then again, I definitely think it's better to know than not, no matter how long. I know someone who's parents won't get them checked (person is underage by the way) despite showing some signs of it and I worry how much it'll affect them in future quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

"Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree
If mankind perished utterly;

And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn,
Would scarcely know that we were gone."

I feel like she'd mind a little at the damage already wrought.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God, that was so easy. Holy shit... who needs warp when you have Ewan? Seriously, kid just carved a path straight to Riev in four turns and then proceded to utterly body the old man with a luna crit. There was a purge sage that could've given me some trouble, but Dara successfully berserked her, so instead, she took care of a few stragglers as Ewan dashed past her. Goodness gracious.

Ewan was always good.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I do have to give some credit to the NPCs. Remember the shitty knights from the original map? No more. Now they're all generals, and strong generals at that. They did more than my units in the upper side of the map!

Oh, and the hacker gave Riev nosferatu. For all the good it did him lol.

So he's able to use Light and Dark magic?

Sweet.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Zrkknerp oDftsn2uh o

I love this hacker man. He's awesome. No more useless light brand - now you get an actual reward for saving the knights of Rausten! I've no idea who will get this. Maybe Amelia. We'll see.

It's also easier to reach that threshold because good greenies.

Generous is our hacker.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Why do you think this is my standard posting? Just because I had to defend myself from Sooks' lies?

Defends self from accusations of being ll about anime women.

Posts pics of anime women.

I just found the sudden turn of that post funny.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just found myself in the FE subreddit.

"I love Garon to bits. Dude is comedy gold and the audacity of this man never ceased to amaze me."

I do not remember writing that, and the post was not written from my account, but it must be me. It sounds like me!

Rubenio you must remember, anything you say will be used against you in a court of public opinion.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I feel like she'd mind a little at the damage already wrought.

The planet has gone through worse. That's why ultimately we're just a blip in the radar. If humankind perished, the planet will simply go on as it always did, however long it takes to recover.