Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whomst?

A character from Shingeki no Kyojin. Her death was more important to the plot than anything she did while she was alive.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She hit the bench while Ephraim married Tana.

Sorry. He has zero chemistry with Tana, honestly, but there was nobody else who could support him. Forde stole Eirika.

You bastard. Should've gone the incest route at least.

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Defends self from accusations of being ll about anime women.

Posts pics of anime women.

Well, you see, anime the woman wasn't horny.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Screenshot_20211018-182917.png?width=308

Screenshot_20211018-183009.png?width=383

Kotaku gets torn open a new one, what else is new?

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In particular, XCX has no baseball caps, or hats at all. Start being useful and sell some you Miran Nopon!

Gonna need X2 to add in sombreros. Gonna represent Latin America on a different planet.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Switch eShop has no less than 4 cheap games called "Sakura Succubus", and it's getting a new game soon called "Waifu Discovered 2".

The Switch's popularity is a double-edged sword because it has a worse version of the Wii's massive shovelware problem. It's comparable to Steam in this regard. Cheap VNs, asset flips, etc.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

..I'll have to come back here one day and compile some of these posts for my memoirs.☺️

Internet archeology is going to be a very interesting field later on.

I know that's not really what you were referring to but i'm really curious to see the Internet be molded into history several decades, centuries, millennia, etc from now.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is your concept of "girls manlier than me".

This.

...Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt...

Nah

This is what a girl manlier than you looks like.

A shame Metroid ain't your cup of tea.

7 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Good lad, me neither.

It's ok, Percy Jackson better.

Not the movies tho, the movies are ass.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In the past, only the great men and women of history could afford to leave behind lasting monuments of their existence, hulking structures built of stone and inscribed with panegyrics. Later, people could write their autobiographies and memoirs in cheap paperback books, or have their name placed on a building or organization (not always good people, Kochs). Nowadays, anyone can record themselves and put it online for free. Imagine, a stable, big website where people can post all their videos and images of themselves that they want to be remembered till the end of time by.

Oh we kinda had the same line of thought haha. Yeah, as society advances, the need to be "great" in order to leave behind a mark in the pages of history is no longer really necessary. I think a site that people can document their stuff like this can be really neat. Don't know if one exists yet.

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah, so that girl is Rixia. Well, the chest‘s comment makes sense now

FA6a9VFUYAAsyby?format=jpg&name=large

I have no idea what the fuck "cunny" is, imma just assume that's from the gacha spin-off or some shit.

Alright, made it to Little Lamplight. The place where only children live, as they all leave once they turn 16. Don't ask how they have kept a population for the past 200 years.

Anyway, I could get inside choosing the correct dialogues and passing the skill checks... but I think I'll actually do it the intended way. By being asked to rescue a couple children over at Paradise Falls.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's ok, Percy Jackson better.

Not the movies tho, the movies are ass

I'd say Percy Jackson is the more charming, but ''objectively'' HP's probably a lot better. I especially think the first few books somewhat suffer from really wanting to be Harry Potter until the writer starts fleshing out his own style more.

Tell me about it. Those movies missed the point completely. Showing the gods as boring guys in toga's missed the entire charm of the gods really trying to fit in with modern time. Also they didn't get to mister Di Angelo which automatically costs them points. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Well, you see, anime the woman wasn't horny.

I would argue due to the context that it was part of your intent.

A character from Shingeki no Kyojin. Her death was more important to the plot than anything she did while she was alive.

I guess spoilers be dammed?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The planet has gone through worse. That's why ultimately we're just a blip in the radar. If humankind perished, the planet will simply go on as it always did, however long it takes to recover.

Now I'm just there thinking about it muttering about the meteor causing the K-T extinction event as it adjusts to the impact, sweeping dinosaurs into the bin of existence as it goes.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20211018-182917.png?width=308

Screenshot_20211018-183009.png?width=383

Kotaku gets torn open a new one, what else is new?

Words clearly failed them.

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

Tell me about it. Those movies missed the point completely. Showing the gods as boring guys in toga's missed the entire charm of the gods really trying to fit in with modern time. Also they didn't get to mister Di Angelo which automatically costs them points. 

Has there been recent news on the series that's been announced?

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have no idea what the fuck "cunny" is, imma just assume that's from the gacha spin-off or some shit.

Cunny = underage/loli cunt

On a side note, it seems that her voice actress is the same as Misaka Mikoto. I need to play Crossbell fast.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I guess spoilers be dammed?

I am doing you a favor. And it's not like any of you would watch it anyway.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I would argue due to the context that it was part of your intent.

I1O6qaV.jpg

1 hour ago, WraithReborn said:

Rubenio you must remember, anything you say will be used against you in a court of public opinion.

You cannot prove anything.

45 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

A character from Shingeki no Kyojin.

Yeah, figured that much. Attack on Titan has a really distinct artstyle. I know nothing about it beyond that, of course, but... Yeah.

Her death was more important to the plot than anything she did while she was alive.

Ah. Well, neat.

45 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

You bastard. Should've gone the incest route at least

Look, I'm sorry. She has greater chemistry with Forde. Then again, pretty much everyone does. And in this hack he's good, so what's not to love?

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is what a girl manlier than you looks like.

A shame Metroid ain't your cup of tea.

I mean, yeah, Samus is way rad. If only she

Okay big Metroid rant ahead, I know how you guys love your Metroid so if you want to avoid some negativity don't open this. I really ought to stop doing these things, it accomplishes nothing but get me into fights.

Spoiler

wasn't from a franchise that demands I waste my time scouring every pixel of the screen looking for hidden paths without a thinking process of any kind, that at one point I only continued out of morbid curiosity of how much worse it could get and that I can't even express an opinion about without hesitating out of fear of getting hounded by some of its fans. Again.

...or at least that's how I was left feeling after Fusion. No exaggeration, I think it was the worst game I played all year. From a subjective stand point, of course, not trying to claim it's objectively Big Rigs. Just sayin', I probably would've had a better time playing Big Rigs. And Dread to me looks like Fusion with fancier graphics, so... Yeah. No.

9 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Hey 06

I am now going to pretend you never said that.

You will henceforth refrain from saying things like that.

Deal?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Armagon1000/status/1450078238412210179

Ok for real, i have no idea why SF refuses to embed Twitter posts for me when on PC but it does on mobile. And i'm probably the only one with this issue.

Anyways, one reason why Dread is the best Metroid game is that the Shinespark can be used for actual offensive purposes.

This is my third run (in progress) btw, as i had to scrap my second run because i fucked up towards the end and locked myself out of a sub-four hour run. Gonna take a shortcut to the Gravity Suit next session.

22 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'd say Percy Jackson is the more charming, but ''objectively'' HP's probably a lot better.

Nah, cause there's no such thing as objectivity in the arts beyond things that are factually present in whatever it is.

I know you put it in quotes so you're not actually arguing objectivity but yeah, objectivity's not really a thing.

Star Wars discourse has opened my eyes to this.

22 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

My favorite part about the movies was how the movie that was supposed to adapt Sea of Monsters actually ended up adapting the rest of the series in such a bizarre way that it basically killed any chances for sequels.

At least the Disney+ series, one which Riordan himself is actually heavily in the decision-making process and whatnot, will give Percy Jackson a good live-action treatment.

15 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Though a Nico series might just change that. 

Well good news: the fourth arc is most likely gonna have Nico be the central protagonist.

I haven't read anything past Heroes of Olympus tho so i can't really tell you where things are going.

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Has there been recent news on the series that's been announced?

We have not gotten any news really. Apart from each season adapting each book appearently.

15 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I wish i didn't ask.

I'm sorry everyone, i've cursed us with new knowledge.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

wasn't from a franchise that demands I waste my time scouring every pixel of the screen looking for hidden paths without a thinking process of any kind, that at one point I only continued out of morbid curiosity of how much worse it could get and that I can't even express an opinion about without hesitating out of fear of getting hounded by some of its fans. Again.

I don't think you actually got hounded here (if you felt that way, i apologize) but i do agree some fans insist that "getting lost" should be a vital aspect of the Metroid series. Something which i disagree with (see my criticisms of Super Metroid and even morso Metroid Prime).

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And Dread to me looks like Fusion with fancier graphics, so... Yeah. No.

Dread's level design is basically designed around leaving breadcrumbs that are easy to follow while also allowing more advanced players to sequence break. And the map actually tells you shit beyond just being squares and rectangles (i prefer my maps to be as detailed as possible, just being vague squares isn't a good thing).

I know you're not gonna pick up the game, i'm just saying, it probably solves any issues you've had with Fusion.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Ah, so that girl is Rixia. Well, the chest‘s comment makes sense now.

Wait, what just happened.

The legend herself... though I'm not sure what's legendary about her, but a treasure chest talking about her must mean something, right?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...or at least that's how I was left feeling after Fusion. No exaggeration, I think it was the worst game I played all year. From a subjective stand point, of course, not trying to claim it's objectively Big Rigs. Just sayin', I probably would've had a better time playing Big Rigs. And Dread to me looks like Fusion with fancier graphics, so... Yeah. No.

In my experience (as I played it a few weeks ago) Fusion has only one area that's easy to get lost in, you even have a computer telling you where to go most of the time. Did you at least fight Nightmare to understand true pain before you quit?

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FA6a9VFUYAAsyby?format=jpg&name=large

She looks huggable, but she's only in one Cold Steel game? 0/10, no wonder Shrimpy doesn't like them.

Speaking of, how many characters does Shrimpy's Bane get to romance? It doesn't seem like Rixia is an option, which makes sense because I'm sure everyone else would pale in comparison.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well good news: the fourth arc is most likely gonna have Nico be the central protagonist.

I haven't read anything past Heroes of Olympus tho so i can't really tell you where things are going.

There is no fourth arc, The Trials of Apollo is the last Greek series. Emphasis on "series" as Nico might get a standalone book to himself at some point.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My favorite part about the movies was how the movie that was supposed to adapt Sea of Monsters actually ended up adapting the rest of the series in such a bizarre way that it basically killed any chances for sequels.

At least the Disney+ series, one which Riordan himself is actually heavily in the decision-making process and whatnot, will give Percy Jackson a good live-action treatment.

I have mixed feelings because while The Sea of Monsters tried to salvage the overarching plot that the first movie didn't establish, it also... didn't. At least the series will hopefully be good, and the The Kane Chronicles is getting a trilogy of movies as well (which Riordan is also involved with, so hopefully they'll also be good).

Metroidvania fans, what is the best game for a beginner in the genre? Either Metroid or Castlevania works.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wish i didn't ask.

I'm sorry everyone, i've cursed us with new knowledge.

29 minutes ago, Dayni said:

enough-internet.gif

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey 06

I am now going to pretend you never said that.

You will henceforth refrain from saying things like that.

Deal?

Why are you acting like it's a common word in my vocabulary? Have I ever said it before?

Armagon asked a question and I answered because I'm knowledgeable. It is simple as that.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of, how many characters does Shrimpy's Bane get to romance?

Idk but it's like 14 options in CS4 or some shit.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It doesn't seem like Rixia is an option, which makes sense because I'm sure everyone else would pale in comparison.

Those tits could bring world peace.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

There is no fourth arc, The Trials of Apollo is the last Greek series. Emphasis on "series" as Nico might get a standalone book to himself at some point.

Oh. I do know Trials of Apollo does set up for a Nico story at the end but i didn't realize the Half-Blood Chronicles is technically over. Damn. 

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The Kane Chronicles is getting a trilogy of movies as well (which Riordan is also involved with, so hopefully they'll also be good).

Ayo, Kane Chronicles? Shit's based. A movie trilogy with Riordan at the realm sounds good.

This will lead to an Avengers-style crossover between the Greeks and Romans, the Egyptians and the Norse.

Metroidvania fans, what is the best game for a beginner in the genre? Either Metroid or Castlevania works.

Well in regards to Metroid, there's really no bad starting point as far as the 2D games go (NES and GBTroid don't count, play the remakes). Super hasn't aged the best but like most big SNES games, it's still aged well enough. The GBA titles are the most streamlined. Samus Returns on the 3DS is pretty good although i'd recommend playing it before Dread as Dread improved on it's mechanics too much (actually Dread is best played after playing what came before but if you want to start with it, that's perfectly valid too).

The Prime trilogy is better played after you have some experience with the 2D titles imo. They're still Metroidvanias but 3D Metroidvanias don't hit as good imo and the reason why Prime 3 is the best in the trilogy is because it's very linear, which works better for that style of game. Other M is good, despite the naysayers, but it's also not a Metroidvania so i won't bring it up here.

I can't really speak on Castlevania, so i'll instead mention the Blaster Master Zero trilogy, which is also beginner friendly. Solid trilogy of Metroidvanias, though definitely a bit more linear than it's peers (especially BMZ3).

10 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Armagon asked a question and I answered because I'm knowledgeable. It is simple as that.

You thought about whether or not you could you didn't stop to ask yourself if you should.

D5M13XnXsAAiN0G.png?width=662&height=432

FB357G_VcAAsevp?format=png&name=900x900

Is it me or is Malice more darker-skinned in FEH?

(Also i would like to formally apologize to Ruben, as Malice did have a good artstyle in DSFE. Not in-game tho, that shit's still ugly).

Have you ever thought: "hey, what if Kaempfur could deal damage whilst lowering Str+Def!" 

Well, now it can, thanks to some testing, it can function as a cripple+ damage dealer! Xd

Edited by lightcosmo

Oh man, Üso's really hit me. Yes, it has been a while...

Also, huh, has SRW started to actually give a menu to see all Save-Quit skits freely now? If it didn't started with 30... regardless, that's neat!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Ghost_06_ said:

On the Castlevania side, you could always start with the game that added the vania to that portmanteau, Symphony of the Night. Aria of Sorrow is another solid entry for that as well.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

The legend herself... though I'm not sure what's legendary about her, but a treasure chest talking about her must mean something, right?

Her character model is wider than everyone else’s if you look at them from the side.

She looks huggable, but she's only in one Cold Steel game? 0/10, no wonder Shrimpy doesn't like them.

Reverie is basically Cold Steel 5 afaik.

Speaking of, how many characters does Shrimpy's Bane get to romance?

All of them from what it sounds like.

1 hour ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Why are you acting like it's a common word in my vocabulary? Have I ever said it before?

The person everyone in the thread bullies is slowly shifting from Ruben to 06.