Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Going to bed at 2 am
Waking up at 5 am
Feeling like complete garbage, because my heart and stomach have been giving me hell lately, and on top of that, my mind is trying its damndest to once again make me think I'm a total waste of space nobody should have the displeasure of interacting with

Yep, just a normal day for Draggy

Hooray

Oof, I hope everything gets better. I certainly don’t considering interacting with you a displeasure or think you’re a waste of space.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Going to bed at 2 am
Waking up at 5 am
Feeling like complete garbage, because my heart and stomach have been giving me hell lately, and on top of that, my mind is trying its damndest to once again make me think I'm a total waste of space nobody should have the displeasure of interacting with

Hooray

Shrimpy said it right, you belong here with us, and no one feels any differently. 

Also, i hope that things get better for you!

Going to bed at 2 am
Waking up at 5 am

Hooray

🙂

Well I only got like four hours of sleep two nights ago, so I can sympathize.

And as for the self-deprecation and critical analysis of one's present life resulting in negative mental health effects, you're not alone. The difference may be I'm a little more willing to vent about it here, in interesting ways.😅 (It feels like I've gone through one heckuva character arc in the past week, but where is my ancient weapon of legend or unsealed and fully mastered superpowers then? This is a ripoff!) But that only came after quite a few days where I laid in bed or on the couch, in dreadful and utterly irrational anticipation of the final release that is, hopefully, far far far off in my future, but to the death-obsessed mind, was never objectively far enough away to be felt as anything except very very close.

Screenshot_20211019-081659.png

Nah but fr, I didn't expect Sora to feel so slow.

Side-B also lame as fuck, it requires no inputs lmao. It plays itself.

He does have the new funniest crouch walk tho.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

but really, would it be difficult to at least divide games according to some concept of genre?

You can sort by genre, which I generally find to be pretty helpful.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wasn't this the case with Star Wars and the name "Darth Vader"? Something about "Vader" meaning "father" in a language like Dutch or German? Lucas didn't actually think of that, it was a pure accident.

Yeah, at the time "Darth Vader" was actually just the character's full name and not just a title (which is why Obi-Wan calls him "Darth" in A New Hope).

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Going to bed at 2 am
Waking up at 5 am

Hooray

Interacting with you could never be a displeasure my friend.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She also got animer.

They also made her boobs bigger slightly.

That's fine by me tho.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good Armagon. I didn't know you would come around, but it is a pleasant surprise.

I can admit when I'm wrong.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

irrational anticipation of the final release that is, hopefully, far far far off in my future, but to the death-obsessed mind, was never objectively far enough away to be felt as anything except very very close.

I must confess that there are times where I also feel like this. Maybe not to the same extent as you but there are times where i think dying in the future (however that may come to pass, hopefully peacefully) and then it gets in my head and it takes a while for me to shake it off.

It doesn't happen often but it kinda sucks when it does.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Thank god he is, would be busted otherwise. 

He looked way faster in the presentation.

But yeah, he's like mid-tier, first impressions anyway.

23 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

@Saint Rubenio

Ch11, should i ally with spiders or speak with elder?

What rewards/recruits do i get with each choice?

You get a different character later on. Both cavaliers, one uses swords, the other lances. Elder unit is usually considered a little better, but the spider unit is more fun. Both are fair choices, however.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

They also made her boobs bigger slightly.

That's fine by me tho.

Not gonna lie, I've never cared for boobs that much. I'm a weirdo like that.

I can admit when I'm wrong.

Attaboy. Now let's address the other 6243753975734 times you were wrong.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Squid Game

Splatoon?

...Nah, just kidding, I've heard of this. I mean, I've heard my mom say she's heard about it. I haven't heard about it myself, because I live under a rock. So what is it about then?

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I really hope that this implies an actual spider joins your army in SGW.

Unfortunately not, but there is an actual spider that can join in a different hack, Storge.

He looked way faster in the presentation.

But yeah, he's like mid-tier, first impressions anyway.

Im gonna say high, air combat is way to prominent in Ultimate, and his is amazing.

His Oos game is decent as well.

Edited by lightcosmo

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Understandable 👍.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So what is it about then?

South Korean dystopian series where people play children's games for 45K in Won except if they lose, they die.

Everyone appearently thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread and it's giving people brainrot. A major news organization deadass saw children playing red light, green light and went "just as seen in the snow 'Squid Game'".

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unfortunately not, but there is an actual spider that can join in a different hack, Storge.

Well if I ever feel like playing a hack, I'd be playing Storage.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Im gonna say high, air combat is way to prominent in Ultimate, and his is amazing.

True.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Understandable 👍.

Thank you for your understanding.

South Korean dystopian series where people play children's games for 45K in Won except if they lose, they die.

Everyone appearently thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread and it's giving people brainrot. A major news organization deadass saw children playing red light, green light and went "just as seen in the snow 'Squid Game'".

I really must live under a rock. I've completely missed all this hype.

Well if I ever feel like playing a hack, I'd be playing Storage.

Storge. Not Storage.

...Though the closest thing to a lord in it is a storage convoy, so... Yeah, Storage.

It also has a healer armor!

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is about Squid Game btw.

Glad to see someone else resisting the peer pressure.

Seriously, there were school weeks where I’m pretty sure I heard about the show every week, and I thought surely it can’t be that good. I actually watched a little bit of it before ever hearing about it from anyone else (the blurb on Netflix sounded cool but it wasn’t what I thought it would be) and got bored after 20 minutes of set up because I always do that with TV. Then I heard someone talking about it in every class, and would go home on YouTube to find the trending videos being stuff like “How to survive every squid game” or “would these celebrities survive Squid Game?”. Eventually I watched the entire first episode and half of the second, but dropped it again because it didn’t seem to be doing anything interesting with the trope, felt very generic. Then at school I heard someone casually spoiling the entire plot, and while the twist of who the villain is does sound cool based on what I saw of him in the first episode and a half, having it spoiled killed any motivation I could have left to watch it. Now I’ve seen it referenced I’m not one but two cringe mobile game ads.

On the bright side, it’s a Netflix show with an English dub, so that’s always funny.

(Unless it’s Elite, Elite (season 1) good.)

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Nah, just kidding, I've heard of this. I mean, I've heard my mom say she's heard about it. I haven't heard about it myself, because I live under a rock. So what is it about then?

What Armagon said but with the word generic in there.

This is about Squid Game btw.

In the modern world, it doesn't take that large a percentage of total viewers to be considered a major hit. I don't know the numbers exactly, but there is so much content available in the modern world, catering to wildly different tastes. And there are so many millions, potentially billions for international shows, viewers out there. Thus, it becomes impossible in television for any show to claim to be something "everyone is watching". Perhaps this was possible back in 1950s-1960s America, when programming was limited in quantity and likely somewhat in topics, but the modern circumstances surrounding tv are radically different from that era. Therefore, any modern show that makes it big and proclaims "everyone" is watching it, is in fact exercising a veneer of popular influence well in excess of its real power over the culture.

As gamers, we shouldn't be surprised by this. After all, unless it's the Franchise Formerly Known As FIFA or mostly Western online multiplayer eSports-ish junk, we declare a title to have done very well if it sells 1 million copies. 1 million, over the three major markets of Japan, North America, and Europe.:

• The United States alone has nearly 330 million people, and yes we do have to factor out babies, geriatrics (not me when I get to that point, I will die with a controller in my hands), imprisoned criminals, the impoverished.
  • But even then, let's adding in Canada's 37 million, and Mexico's nearly 130 million. Again and as always factoring out the impossible-to-be-players.
  • Japan has about the same as Mexico (but declining).
  • Europe, not all parts of which have equal access to video games, has 742 million souls.
  • We also have some stray spirits in Australia, 25 million, and New Zealand, nearly 5 million as part of the PAL market.
  • As well as much smaller, but still extant markets in Southeast Asia, South Korea, and Latin America.

Therefore, to celebrate the sale of 1 million, is to celebrate not even getting a video game into the hands of one-third of one percent of the total United States population (even if it is a somewhat greater percentage of the realistically possible video game-consuming population). Xenoblade is totally and utterly insignificant in a global context, no matter how much we may like to think it matter, a metaphor for our own lives, which we love just as much.

*Ahem* Oh, and on the matter of dystopias, while I enjoy SMT, I actually loathe dystopian literature. My first instance of being disturbed into something that might be called depression, or perhaps merely the rude awakening of a then-pure early teenage mind to sex and ecstasy, came about because of a bleak-to-the-very-end dystopian novel. Subsequent books also forcibly assigned in school triggered less severe and profound, but still very unpleasant reactions in me. So dystopian TV and movies likely aren't for me.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, it is a bit of a Western cultural thing, which thanks to cultural imperialism (not that I think the West was intentionally trying to spread the Book of Breasts, that's not the Good Book) has spread across the entire world. I do remember reading in a few offhand mentions instances in textbooks over the years, that some African cultures had let women go topless, breasts weren't sexualized, though shoulders might've been. Breasts might've been exaggerated in art across the world for thousands of years, but there is often the possibility of it not having been done because fetish, but because of breastfeeding and hence they were a sign of a goddess/woman's great fertility.

Fertility and sex are inartistically intertwined, true, you need sex to prove one is fertile, but there is a difference between "I pray to thee Cybele and your boundless chest in hopes I have many babies", and "Venus ahhhhhhhhh your breasts are beau-ti-ful!". Being able to identify if breast fetish is present I'd take to be speculative, but not impossible with more sculptural evidence (look for exotic dancers in the stone-carved reliefs perhaps?), and through any additional evidence about the peoples and their traditions one can find. -Not that I've studied this kind of history. I now regret never having taken a gender studies class or the like in college.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

There is nothing further removed from ignorance than freedom. Ignorance is not bliss.

Screenshot_20211019-093058.png

Wdym? Dystopia is the best genre. It is the most sure-fire way to explore a context or an idea getting the audience's attention. People may not care much (or not at all) when they see a movie about the evils of society where the most that happens is characters lose their jobs, but if you put the characters being enslaved in a plutocracy people will take it seriously.

Just now, Benice said:

'Morning. What'd I miss?

Good morning! You missed a conversation about Squid Game and dystopias. Oh, and Ruben said he did not like breasts.

58 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What Armagon said but with the word generic in there.

Right...

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be fair, it is a bit of a Western cultural thing, which thanks to cultural imperialism (not that I think the West was intentionally trying to spread the Book of Breasts, that's not the Good Book) has spread across the entire world. I do remember reading in a few offhand mentions instances in textbooks over the years, that some African cultures had let women go topless, breasts weren't sexualized, though shoulders might've been. Breasts might've been exaggerated in art across the world for thousands of years, but there is often the possibility of it not having been done because fetish, but because of breastfeeding and hence they were a sign of a goddess/woman's great fertility.

Fertility and sex are inartistically intertwined, true, you need sex to prove one is fertile, but there is a difference between "I pray to thee Cybele and your boundless chest in hopes I have many babies", and "Venus ahhhhhhhhh your breasts are beau-ti-ful!". Being able to identify if breast fetish is present I'd take to be speculative, but not impossible with more sculptural evidence (look for exotic dancers in the stone-carved reliefs perhaps?), and through any additional evidence about the peoples and their traditions one can find. -Not that I've studied this kind of history. I now regret never having taken a gender studies class or the like in college.

Huh. Well, leave it to Observer to bring a history lesson in response to the most unlikely posts. Not that I'm complaining, of course. That was pretty interesting.

11 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Oh, and Ruben said he did not like breasts.

That can't be so interesting that it warrants being told to Benice when he asks what he missed. Can it?

9 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

It's decided then Ü

I knew you were a man of good taste.

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

…You can’t hide your shame when it’s been written on the forum.

You cannot prove anything.

@DragonFlames

@Dragonflame323

I, too, shall add my voice to the army of people who enjoy your presence here! Sorry that it's going poorly for you right now, but if you need help, I'll do my best to lend a hand.

EDIT:

...I pinged the wrong person, didn't I?

Edited by Benice