Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I liked how Hawke was just some dude who happened to be an absolute god.

Most subs feel like they struggle.

This one's better than most Ceds.

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

You don't do that when the ref'ss looking, geez no wonder he got the card.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've completely missed all this hype

Given America's tendency to fetishize South Korea, it's probably not all that great anyway.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Storge. Not Storage.

Oh that's actually just the name and not a typo.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Therefore, any modern show that makes it big and proclaims "everyone" is watching it, is in fact exercising a veneer of popular influence well in excess of its real power over the culture.

True.

Although the show is apparently the most popular show ever in the history of Netflix.....and given how almost everyone has Netflix, that is quite big.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Then I heard someone talking about it in every class, and would go home on YouTube to find the trending videos being stuff like “How to survive every squid game” or “would these celebrities survive Squid Game?”.

My friend sent me this

image0.png?width=243&height=431

Actual brainrot.

5 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Wdym? Dystopia is the best genre. It is the most sure-fire way to explore a context or an idea getting the audience's attention.

Nah, dystopia's a sure-fire way of getting me to not give a shit and read/watch/play something else.

There isn't really a single dystopian story i can think of i've enjoyed. The genre is nothing but noise to me.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be fair, it is a bit of a Western cultural thing, which thanks to cultural imperialism (not that I think the West was intentionally trying to spread the Book of Breasts, that's not the Good Book) has spread across the entire world. I do remember reading in a few offhand mentions instances in textbooks over the years, that some African cultures had let women go topless, breasts weren't sexualized, though shoulders might've been. Breasts might've been exaggerated in art across the world for thousands of years, but there is often the possibility of it not having been done because fetish, but because of breastfeeding and hence they were a sign of a goddess/woman's great fertility.

To add to this, nudity in general wasn't seen as something sexual, hence the term "artistic nude". But after a certain point, some artists definitely started shifting to the more horny approach. An art piece like the Birth of Venus isn't inherently sexual but Gustave Courbet was definitely on some shit when he painted Origin of the World (if you know, you know).

If i remember my art history correctly, the shift started somewhere along the 1600-1700s.

As for why men started getting horny for boobs, it's probably along the same biological process where animals trying to mate think "bigger is better". But given that we dumped all of our evolution points into intelligence, that likely resulted in the fetishization.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's going to be a rough return that's for sure.

Hang in there, man.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well at least I'm not going to be chased to the ends of the earth.

Shooockeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

5 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

10% skl growth with 8 base skill is making me reconsider hmm

Pffft I never even knew that. Goes to show how much I've ever considered using Baryl.

4 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I played only 10 chapters and I'm interested on how much the hack changes the story to accomodate the fusion.

Not that much, actually. The routes fit together pretty seamlessly. The overall plot is the same, and Ephraim's route is nearly identical. The biggest changes are in Eirika's route, to accomodate for Seth and L'Arachel's absence.

But okay, I'll finish Sacred Trilogy before trying this hack.

Sure.

>8% hit

How much did you savescum?

Very.

But it was worth it.

4 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Btw, when does Astrea promote?

The end of chapter 17.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Most subs feel like they struggle.

This one's better than most Ceds.

Hawke epic.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh that's actually just the name and not a typo.

Mmhm. Actually, if you look up what storge means, it's not just a reference to the fact that the main character's class is a storage convoy - it also references the main theme of the hack's plot. Which is honestly kinda brilliant. I totally didn't just google that on a whim and was taken aback by how cool it is, nossir.

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

Also how good is double lion in sgw actually?

Every weapon you hold becomes brave. No questions asked.

@Shrimp γ if Tio’s crafts are magical, should I buy her a better weapon (when the guys have weapons) when I have a little bit of money but don’t know where to spend it? I don’t know if her weapon really matters that much in that case. I think you said her crafts are magical.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Given America's tendency to fetishize South Korea, it's probably not all that great anyway.

What tendency?

Origin of the World

Well. That was something.

But given that we dumped all of our evolution points into intelligence, that likely resulted in the fetishization.

This is the best explanation.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What tendency?

Yeah, I thought America only knew how to fetishize America

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is the best explanation.

Ahh, I should've known. The reason boobs do nothing to me is that I'm a contrarian, as always.

As for why I'm responding to Armagon's messages by quoting your reactions to them... No reason. Felt like mixing things up, I guess.

8 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Come now. It was just a little pun. A joke. A... squip.

Eh?

Eh?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, I should've known. The reason boobs do nothing to me is that I'm a contrarian, as always.

Let me guess, you dumped all of your points into dexterity because you thought it was funny?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Come now. It was just a little pun. A joke. A... squip.

Eh?

Eh?

That’s quite the game you’re playing Ruben.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

if Tio’s crafts are magical, should I buy her a better weapon (when the guys have weapons) when I have a little bit of money but don’t know where to spend it? I don’t know if her weapon really matters that much in that case. I think you said her crafts are magical.

Iirc you can craft her weapons to give bonus ATS

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As for why men started getting horny for boobs, it's probably along the same biological process where animals trying to mate think "bigger is better". But given that we dumped all of our evolution points into intelligence, that likely resulted in the fetishization.

True. If deer could speak, we'd complain the ladies are depravedly obsessed with the males' antlers. If peacocks the same, the females the same with those manly plumes. Humanity is not unique to fetishize.

An art piece like the Birth of Venus isn't inherently sexual but Gustave Courbet was definitely on some shit when he painted Origin of the World (if you know, you know).

I will say Manet's Olympia from around the same time period and his The Luncheon on the Grass are fairly interesting paintings as well. The possibly a little underaged prostitute in the former is a good parody of the Venus of Urbino, and her coldness, her disinterest, it makes her the master of the painting almost. While the in the Luncheon, the naked lady up front I've interpreted as staring through the fourth wall, the nude genius mocking the situation she has been painted into, while the two men and bathing lady are basically idiots not in on the joke.

Although it is the case in the Renaissance, Michelangelo's Last Judgment, and the pope who commissioned it, was criticized for covering the Sistine Chapel in nudes.

An art piece like the Birth of Venus isn't inherently sexual *snip*

If i remember my art history correctly, the shift started somewhere along the 1600-1700s.

Baroque might be the turning point, which itself might be considered a response to the Protestant Reformation begun. The Last Judgment was painted between 1535-41, and Luther nailed his famed Theses in 1517, but time was necessary for the Reformation to grow from a minor theological dispute to a full on schism. Similarly, the Catholic Church needed time to develop a holistic counter-doctrine.

Prior to the Reformation, from Italy to Norway, from Portugal to Poland, the Catholic Church had full control over the souls of Europe. This was essential to the Renaissance one book said to me. Painting a naked Venus did not represent any real pagan threat, nor was a nude David a sign of heresy. With Protestantism's success in stealing Britannia, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, much of Germany, and in the short term the fear of losing other places which Catholicism eventually returned to the fold, there was a real threat who was criticizing the Catholic Church as decadent and immoral. Catholicism wouldn't go as austere as the schismatics, the pageantry was essential to it, but it did need to clean up its image, so nudes had to cover up if they were to remain. And of course, the Protestants wouldn't repeat the excessive nudity the Catholics had let run rampant, at least in their churches.

So yeah around 1600 sounds like a feasible shifting point.

---

...What? The whole "trying to desexualize the mind" thing? Writing four or six paragraphs got it out of my system. Turns out the sluggishness of writing out what was a frenetic flurry of wonderful thoughts in my head, makes them significantly less powerful. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Sooks said:

Let me guess, you dumped all of your points into dexterity because you thought it was funny?

Ahahahahahahahahaha

...Why does this sound like it might've actually happened? Oh, God...

Just now, Sooks said:

That’s quite the game you’re playing Ruben.

Nah nah nah. I'll admit, I'm starting to go too far. I'm running the joke to the ground, by squidzing it for every drop of humor I can get.

I'm terrible at puns, every time I find myself having to stretch super hard, help

Just now, WraithReborn said:

Come now, Wraith. I don't believe my puns warrant such an extreme reaction. I haven't crossed you that badly, have I?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah nah nah. I'll admit, I'm starting to go too far. I'm running the joke to the ground, by squidzing it for every drop of humor I can get.

These puns are squiderally the worst. I'm revocing your pun licence as a calamareaction to these travesties!

1 minute ago, Benice said:

These puns are squiderally the worst. I'm revocing your pun licence as a calamareaction to these travesties!

Don't do that, Benice. I do not deserve such a tentaclearly excessive punishment for my actions.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Kris good

I'm more okay with Kris's existence than others because they give supports to the Archanean cast in New Mystery. And I like how customizable they are, makes them better than Byleth. That's really all I can say about them. Neither love nor hate. I used to call them the best avatar in gameplay terms, but Corrin's stolen that distinction since.