Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Ngl, it might come off as surprisingly coming from me, but if I do have one slight toward SRW 30 is having Code Geass in it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

13.png

Speaking of, i'm getting the feeling that this final arc might be a bit rushed. But it just started so we'll see.

Did the author say how long it'll last? Usually mangakas or their publishers give a heads up and i can't imagine this arc being omega long because it's not a shounen.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also, seems like Playstation in Japan is very truly dead. A game of that one Demon Slayer manga/anime sold not even 120k physical copies, despite the manga selling 90 million copies last year in Japan alone, larger than the entire US comic market for the year. Sure the game was criticized as a heartless 7/10 at best, but people have been saying that smokin' hot new media franchise sweeping Japan by storm and having made the best-selling Japanese movie ever, really really really underperformed.

I kinda have to agree. the miracle of the obscure Sakuna: of Rice and Ruin selling 1 million copies on positive enough reviews (7-8/10), word of mouth, and a simultaneous release on PS4, PC, and Switch (the best seller IIRC) puts this to shame.

In other words @Shrimp γ, Nihon Falcom is likely gonna sink for good if they don't get off the Sony ship. This is more evidence of that. Decline is interesting to watch.

Makes sense. Sony pretty much stopped giving a shit about their Japan audience as their CEO wants to focus on big cinematic western games. He's had some pretty terrible takes too.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Tio apparently learned grail sphere at some point. I don’t remember ever being told about it, but it’s there now.

Better Grail Sphere actually, Tio's is total range. Xd

Edited by lightcosmo

AHAHAHAHAHA

So apparently in Shin SRW has this stage where early on the boss, Zhul, uses the Trust seishin twice. Or more like, orders a mook in his Skullrock to trigger it. Then he orders another Seishin... but ends up being Rouse, with the caveat it instead affects the player units surrounding the target unit. That's... hahahaha...

They got better at this by the time of Alpha, at least.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

There, started NEO: The World Ends With You, took me long enough. I was feeling a little tired and stopped after the very short Day 1 then what am I doing here and why does being on my laptop suddenly make me less tired?.

I gets me, until I don't. A mind clear almost to perfection, how I wish I had that earlier this year with Future Connected. So, I turn on the game ...and I completely turn off the volume.😑 Music is quintessential to video games; and voice acting is nice too, in spite of me being long used to doing without it. I should be listening to the disparate J-pop tunes I know NEO ought to have, it without it, that distinctly TWEWY atmosphere isn't entirely there. Leave it to me to ruin the perfect mindset with "hesitancy" towards complete immersion. Why do I fear that exactly? Do I not like being put on a rollercoaster of magnificent awe into the unknown, and thus by ditching the music, take a smoother, if less exciting journey? (Well, it is true that I don't like rollercoasters at all IRL.) Do I still think, even when I'm sure my mind could not possibly become anymore focused realistically speaking, that it isn't focused enough and so choose to "focus more on the gameplay"? This last hypothesis makes no rational sense however, as I was following every bit of dialogue and soaking in what was said, this wasn't at all Future Connected, where I ditched the plot altogether until after I beat it. It's just a video game, a narrative-driven video game yes, but it's just a video game, I need to cut down on my obsession with proper mindfulness. Easier said than done. 

I wasn't too harsh on myself however for this not unpredictable, if still disappointing move. Maybe I was too tired for that, maybe I felt it wasn't that egregious. The setting is still vibrant, the new main duo seem pretty likable at very first impression. From the prerelease official artwork, I couldn't tell what personality the new guy would have, in part because the black face mask even when lowered, has this weird effect on how his facial expressions appear to me. I don't exactly understand it. Perhaps me having mute the volume and in doing so ignoring the VAs is giving me a completely erroneous impression of the tone of his dialogue, but he is coming off as mild. His language is terse, but facial expressions show no real anger, the prevailing emotions so far are kindness, seriousness, concern/fear. He isn't exactly stoic, he can't possibly be edgy, the circumstances are saying he's just... mild. But I don't mind that. Though I don't mean to underplay the other aspects of his personality, mildness I associate greatly with Tiz Arrior, particularly during Bravely Second. I used to say to myself "I get dizzy when I think of my Tizzy".☺️ So if Rindo really is chill, with warmth, ordinariness, dependability, and without laziness, he will readily work his way into my heart, as my old first (I think) crush did.

Why would the central protagonist be made so inoffensive however? (Neku had amnesia and was antisocial, the contrast is sharp.) The only way to find out is to play along. Could the game have used more detailed lore and gameplay explanations right away, or is it just me? (Though I must keep in mind all I've played is Day 1, it's not even touching the surface with the tip of a single-strand horsehair brush.) Or was the intent to make the player feel as lost as the protagonists? Thankfully, I remember TWEWY well, I remember how its world functions. How long did it take Neku to get a full briefing on Reaper's Game and what to do? It's been well over a decade since I played the DS original release. I very much loved the game at the time, it was influential to me, even though I chose to try to force myself to regret liking it later.

I gets me, until I don't. I play on, I witness the new combat system for the first time, I will say it looks promising. Sharing a lifebar for both characters as before does emphasize the necessity of teamwork and trust in the teammates. Albeit not as much as TWEWY on DS, wherein Neku and Shiki couldn't see each other during battle, they had to have pure faith the other wasn't going to die and thereby destine them to erasure as well. And then, Sho Minamimoto enters the scene, I'm not referring to his momentary appearance in the game's opening trailer, I mean when he first walks in and greets the new heroes. The moment comes, and Sho opens his mouth. WHY DID I INSTANTLY SMILE AND FEEL BOUNDLESS ELATION WELLING UP FROM WITHIN ME? I don't get it. When it was shown in prerelease material that Sho, front and center, would be returning, and playable instead of a villain this time, I felt nothing. At best, I might not have liked Sho's return. I reasoned it wasn't unreasonable, Sho was very distinctive, a rather important character in TWEWY, and his distinctiveness led me to infer he could've been a fan favorite brought back by demand. I can't remember what I personally thought of him two kalpas ago. Pi-Face spoke exactly as in the ancient past, he was unhinged, unapologetic, and loaded with mathematical phrases ordinary and very obscure. His language was exhausting simply to read, yet I venerated every sentence and begged for more.

That's it. The ice is broken. I annul all my after-the-fact regrets of having played The World Ends With You. I don't understand it, but Minamimoto is telling me I still have deep fondness for something about the game. And with that, I can flip the volume on tomorrow to overcome my divide by zero error, Pi-Face has enthralled me with NEO already.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Everything turns into a trash session eventually, its a perpetual cycle that we get caught up in to justify our exsistence amongst other humans.

Hey now, I wasn't intending to be harsh on Sony or anything. I wanted to provide more fuel to Shrimpy's fire, and I happened to be fascinated by people taking these numbers which I didn't understand, and explaining how that indicates a serious crisis for game developers entirely reliant on Sony system.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Not me tho, i'm 6'2 i think.

Let's see if we see eye to eye, as I'm exactly that. But remember, that although bigger species live longer than smaller ones, it's another biological rule that it's the smaller members within that species, barring the unhealthily extreme small, that live the longest.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Everything turns into a trash session eventually, its a perpetual cycle that we get caught up in to justify our exsistence amongst other humans.

I'm mostly pointing at recent stupids with Sony instead of being part of the Exclusives Bad club. (Course, this being before I mentioned R&C)

Though to be fair outside gaming Sony's been making a ton of mistakes for years and I can't think of much they got right in their other departments.

4 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Hisui... kino?

Ancient Sinnoh kino

This is probably the first designs I've actively liked in all honesty. Still a little disappointed there wasn't a Hisuian Snorunt too which was being theorised when the first trailer came, but yeah this is a nice design and even the typing's cool (Normal/Ghost finally happened).

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There, started NEO: The World Ends With You, took me long enough. I was feeling a little tired and stopped after the very short Day 1 then what am I doing here and why does being on my laptop suddenly make me less tired?.

So you didn't get the PC version?

Oh, I was thinking you were waiting for that.

So, I turn on the game ...and I completely turn off the volume.😑 Music is quintessential to video games; and voice acting is nice too, in spite of me being long used to doing without it. I should be listening to the disparate J-pop tunes I know NEO ought to have, it without it, that distinctly TWEWY atmosphere isn't entirely there. Leave it to me to ruin the perfect mindset with "hesitancy" towards complete immersion.

WEL SCKUALY TH MUSHIKZ CRITIKL 2 DH ECKSPERYENSE - /s

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

But you do have multiple volume sliders so you can adjust each part of the game's sound. I don't mess with it but if that helps a little go for it. I'd say the genre mix is a bit different from the original, less rap for one thing.

Why do I fear that exactly? Do I not like being put on a rollercoaster of magnificent awe into the unknown, and thus by ditching the music, take a smoother, if less exciting journey? (Well, it is true that I don't like rollercoasters at all IRL.) Do I still think, even when I'm sure my mind could not possibly become anymore focused realistically speaking, that it isn't focused enough and so choose to "focus more on the gameplay"?

Speaking on the music, I absolutely take it as an immersive aspect of this game. To the point playing without it makes me a little less focused. Needless to say certain moments are kind of tied to their music for me and not particularly negotiable.

From the prerelease official artwork, I couldn't tell what personality the new guy would have, in part because the black face mask even when lowered, has this weird effect on how his facial expressions appear to me. I don't exactly understand it. Perhaps me having mute the volume and in doing so ignoring the VAs is giving me a completely erroneous impression of the tone of his dialogue, but he is coming off as mild. His language is terse, but facial expressions show no real anger, the prevailing emotions so far are kindness, seriousness, concern/fear. He isn't exactly stoic, he can't possibly be edgy, the circumstances are saying he's just... mild. But I don't mind that. Though I don't mean to underplay the other aspects of his personality, mildness I associate greatly with Tiz Arrior, particularly during Bravely Second. I used to say to myself "I get dizzy when I think of my Tizzy".☺️ So if Rindo really is chill, with warmth, ordinariness, dependability, and without laziness, he will readily work his way into my heart, as my old first (I think) crush did.

This is an understandable take on Rindo, that is all I will say on the matter.

Why would the central protagonist be made so inoffensive however? (Neku had amnesia and was antisocial, the contrast is sharp.) The only way to find out is to play along. Could the game have used more detailed lore and gameplay explanations right away, or is it just me? (Though I must keep in mind all I've played is Day 1, it's not even touching the surface with the tip of a single-strand horsehair brush.) Or was the intent to make the player feel as lost as the protagonists? Thankfully, I remember TWEWY well, I remember how its world functions. How long did it take Neku to get a full briefing on Reaper's Game and what to do? It's been well over a decade since I played the DS original release. I very much loved the game at the time, it was influential to me, even though I chose to try to force myself to regret liking it later.

Spoiler

Yeah Neku didn't know much of anything about the game and the first week ends up serving a tutorial role. He doesn't know he died until Day 5 (Which is after Rhyme died, something the anime actually fixed and thus I can't say it has no merit), stuff about how the game works was explained as he goes. Rindo and Fret will get stuff explained to them as it goes.

Sharing a lifebar for both characters as before does emphasize the necessity of teamwork and trust in the teammates. Albeit not as much as TWEWY on DS, wherein Neku and Shiki couldn't see each other during battle, they had to have pure faith the other wasn't going to die and thereby destine them to erasure as well.

The combat's focus on working in sync will come with the gauges you've probably seen already. Well that and the actual pins in combat, some of which are noticeably retooled from similar pins in TWEWY

As for TWEWY DS, I have a feeling Neku wouldn't think like that at first, considering how he is.

The moment comes, and Sho opens his mouth. WHY DID I INSTANTLY SMILE AND FEEL BOUNDLESS ELATION WELLING UP FROM WITHIN ME? I don't get it.

And here it played Transformation too, it's beautiful.

I reasoned it wasn't unreasonable, Sho was very distinctive, a rather important character in TWEWY, and his distinctiveness led me to infer he could've been a fan favorite brought back by demand. I can't remember what I personally thought of him two kalpas ago. Pi-Face spoke exactly as in the ancient past, he was unhinged, unapologetic, and loaded with mathematical phrases ordinary and very obscure. His language was exhausting simply to read, yet I venerated every sentence and begged for more.

I mean, yeah, he is. I don't know if they would have changed much from their original plans due to Pi-Face, but I suspect there was a degree of interest internally even in the first game.

Also, he's the same VA if that helps.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I just learned that Anna's Fates portrait actually has six fingers in her hand.

Ah yes, the funny error.

It helps her overcharge customers

Edited by Dayni

9 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

Another Desert map...

and Fog, this time, too...

atleast i got these beauties to enjoy

ZQ0FMs7.png

mOJNu4k.png

fZOFZcW.png

Wonderful, wonderful units. I'll admit, I've never used Jenna. Funny witch on a broom is a great concept, but she just feels weak compared to other mages in the game.

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm going to tell people who only played FEH this is Coyote.

Lex gets benched for Nicole

Urgh! Coyote...

Also completely unrelated but I like how every member of the Wolfguard says different variants of "urgh Coyote" when they die... Except Roshea, who screams "GLORY TO AURELIS!!!" in book 2. That's how you tell he has the most character out of them, he's the only one with imagination when he dies.

7 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Sony is failing in Japan because it turned its back on its roots.

To be fair, I doubt they give a shit if they make enough money on the western front. Sucks to be an exclusive Sony dev in Japan, though.

Wait, if you don't like Sony, why were you so upset they're releasing an exclusive on PC? Wouldn't you rather PC folks get to play more games than Sony get more money?

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

FCP48nmXMAUrxyZ?format=jpg&name=large

Imagine being shorter than Minecraft Steve.

Not me tho, i'm 6'2 i think.

I'm a bit taller than him. Great. I am more efficient at bumping my head on support beams than Minecraft Steve.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ngl, it might come off as surprisingly coming from me, but if I do have one slight toward SRW 30 is having Code Geass in it.

This might also come off as surprising coming from me (though haven't I mentioned it before already?), but I've watched Code Geass.

It was okay. My friend is a huge fan. I enjoyed parts of it, though they got way carried away with the obnoxious fanservice, and they seemed to be allergic to killing characters when they very much should have. Like, c'mon, a guy straight up gets nuked and he lives so he can appear in three more scenes and do absolutely nothing. Why?

...so uh, anyway, may I ask what your problem is with CG being in SRW?

>Whyfu

>Eresh

>Gudgai

>Turtle

>Tailtwo

>Chad

My sides :joy:

So Katarina is Blademaster's waifu huh.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Did the author say how long it'll last?

Nope

He only said it's the final arc.

Well, he can finish Kaguya fast so he can focus on his better series :p

41 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

>Whyfu

>Eresh

>Gudgai

>Turtle

>Tailtwo

>Chad

My sides 😂

I thought it couldn't get better than the one guy going "people don't always die when they are killed."

Then that happened.

Gotta say my favorite's got to be Gudgai, he's the only one that's actually, y'know, a joke, instead of just a meme reference. His list of likes and dislikes is priceless.

41 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

So Katarina is Blademaster's waifu huh.

I'm not sure, to be honest. I believe Katarina being the waifuest grill was a meme for some time. Could just be a reference to that. SGW has quite the variety in girls. You cannot tell what Blademaster's tastes are quite so easily as you can with someone like Kaga. Though Alice makes me wonder.

I am kinda feeling outsided for not having touched a classic "Fire Emblem" game (I don't count "Tokyo Mirage Sessions" and "Warriors") for more than a year.

Well, I am designing a sorta FE game...but playing a regular game...hmm...it must have been last summer.

Anyways I have started to play "Hollow Knight" since I kinda got interested in Metroidvanias which is not "Metroid". The game is hard, but its ambience is unique. Never really played such a melancholic game. 

Hollow Knight OST - Greenpath - YouTube

This is one of the more euphroic themes.

Edited by Julizan

1 hour ago, Julizan said:

I am kinda feeling outsided for not having touched a classic "Fire Emblem" game (I don't count "Tokyo Mirage Sessions" and "Warriors") for more than a year.

Well, I am designing a sorta FE game...but playing a regular game...hmm...it must have been last summer.

Well, that's okay. It happens, haha.

Anyways I have started to play "Hollow Knight" since I kinda got interested in Metroidvanias which is not "Metroid". The game is hard, but its ambience is unique. Never really played such a melancholic game. 

I have heard it's great.

Hollow Knight OST - Greenpath - YouTube

This is one of the more euphroic themes.

It's pretty nice, yeah.

Tatwttd7 o

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm like, 5'7 XD.

I feel puny all of a sudden. 😒

Look at it this way: Your front porch's support beam isn't a death trap for you. I have to lower my head every time I leave the house because I just barely graze the damn thing.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Glory... Glory...

8 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Hisui... kino?

Me and the boys getting ready to retweet the fanart of Hisui Zorua/Zoroark but not playing the game.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But remember, that although bigger species live longer than smaller ones, it's another biological rule that it's the smaller members within that species, barring the unhealthily extreme small, that live the longest.

It's ok, i'll live for at least 3000 years. I'm built different.

2 hours ago, Julizan said:

I am kinda feeling outsided for not having touched a classic Fire Emblem game (I don't count Mirage Session) for more than a year.

To be fair I've been a little off with playing FE as well the last while. Maybe not as long, but it's been a fair few months since I took a look at it.

Meanwhile, I'm finally taking some more postgame time with the current fixation.

Spoiler

STAR RANK FIRST TRY ON THE 10 REDUCTION DIVE YO

Never have to look at it again, I was worried it'd be much worse even on Normal.

This is also the first game with a time trial I've heard of where you actually can change your gear between rounds to optimise each fight. The record for this game's TT could be sub 10 minutes for all but the final boss because that thing take a long while regardless, which minus it is 10 bosses worth in 10 minutes.

Also the superboss.... deserves that title. Just got demolished on the lowest difficulty.

Edited by Dayni

Just now, Armagon said:

I just saw that elsewhere. Was about to post about it.

All I can say, I hope for the sake of everyone interested that it won't turn into a Lego Star Wars situation.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm like, 5'7 XD.

I feel puny all of a sudden. 😒

d9c65b1db0.png

6ft and proud.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wonderful, wonderful units. I'll admit, I've never used Jenna. Funny witch on a broom is a great concept, but she just feels weak compared to other mages in the game.

Jenna was really fun to use. Plus she's a magical girl on a broomstick, which is a fun aesthetic.

2 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Jenna was really fun to use. Plus she's a magical girl on a broomstick, which is a fun aesthetic.

Yeah, she's a fan favorite. I guess I'm just weird. Same with Katherin. Everyone seems to think she's great, but for me she just feels like a shitty myrmidon filled with far greater swordies. Maybe next time I play I should give them both a shot.