Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

are half of the generics uncapturable

Pretty sure more than half, if not almost any enemy with a cool weapon is not captureable.

The map i currently am playing has enemies with cool def piercing weapons...

And all those enemies are uncaptureable.

Edited by Shrimp γ

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Pretty sure more than half, if not almost any enemy with a cool weapon is not captureable.

The map i currently am playing has enemies with cool def piercing weapons...

And all those enemies are uncaptureable.

Maybe they should have done it like Thracia and the cult's weapons turn into weapons the player is allowed use when the player gets them as a compromise if they really don't want you having the weapons.

Or locking that equipment o it can't be taken and letting the player take other items.

Though it could have been impossible to implement.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Armor Emblem. Look at that, c'mon, don't tell me that isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen. Staff armor!

Nah, cutest thing I've seen is that edit someone did a couple pages back that had your avatar blushing all Fates style.

37 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Is it?

What always made capturing cool to me is that i can get weapons i'd usually not having access to at the time. Removing this to just turns capture from an awesome mechanic to one big annoyance to me.

SGW does use higher-level gear on enemies far more often than Thracia. Thracia either only gave them basic stuff, pulled the whole "whoops that tome just turned into fenrir" nonsense or made it nearly impossible for the player to get to play around with it without some serious shenanigans (IE every tome fancier than elfire). It doesn't really make that much of a difference, I don't think.

Still, I do see your point. Fair enough.

15 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Nah, cutest thing I've seen is that edit someone did a couple pages back that had your avatar blushing all Fates style.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh you asshole. I hate you, but not as much as the fact that this made me laugh out loud.

Goddamnit.

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Is it just me or is Charlotte really underwhelming?

Charlotte? What Charlotte? Fates Charlotte? Her bulk is low, but her offensive stats are through the roof once you give her a few levels. I gave her a killer axe and it was the funniest thing ever. Girl was my go-to unit when I needed something dead immediately.

But when did you get to playing Conquest? Or are you talking about something else? Am I missing something here...?

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But when did you get to playing Conquest? Or are you talking about something else? Am I missing something here...?

I'm talking about Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. I'm struggling to find any meaningful use for her.

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But when did you get to playing Conquest?

Dude, I literally posted a Conquest Lunatic review 3 months ago.

FA9NoxhVUAwcSOF.png

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although, "Spring 2022" is looking like another trifecta period for me now. RF5, Kirby, AW.

At least RF5's nature will let you play it whenever you want. I'm looking forward to the game but it's not like I'll be like, binging it like other games I've done.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Though it coming out in Spring does bring it into close contact with Triangle Strategy now that I think about it.

RIP Triangle Strategy.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Particularly, I don't agree with you that GBA's five inventory slots make it difficult to capture properly. Yes, limited inventory space sounds like it'd make capturing hell, but unlike Thracia, you can access the convoy at any time from Astrea. It's bigger than GBA's standard convoy, too. The trick is to take enemies to her so you can unload their shit directly to the convoy before dropping them. Heck, I'd actually argue this makes it less annoying than Thracia at times. I was dropping vulneraries all the time in Thracia because of poor inventory planning.

How about instead of all that, there is no capture because capture sucks regardless

tenor_1.gif

24 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I'm talking about Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. I'm struggling to find any meaningful use for her.

Ohhhhhh... Right. Sorry. Didn't know you were playing that.

Dude, I literally posted a Conquest Lunatic review 3 months ago.

Yeah, that's why I was confused lol. You didn't specify any games, so I assumed.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

RIP Triangle Strategy.

A bit presumptuous to imagine that a graphical overhaul of the first two games of a franchise that has been dead for 13 years, is vastly unpopular in Japan and barely pushes the "niche fanbase" status in the west is going to singlehandedly kill Triangle Strategy.

Honestly though, most likely (and best) scenario is they coexist just fine. They're different enough and they aim for different things. That's what I would hope for, anyway. I care nothing for Advance Wars and you would not find me weeping over its decaying corpse, but it'd be nice for its fans if it were revived. And everyone likes nice things!

How about instead of all that, there is no capture because capture sucks regardless

tenor_1.gif

There goes Armagon, hating on Kaga again.

You know, at one time I would've gone "haha yeah Fates capture sucks lol xD gottem". Unfortunately, I can no longer do that. So I will instead resort to calling you a poopyhead. You poopyhead.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

22 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Got the Magus Ring? Charlotte can certainly be viable, though certainly needs more work than Johnathan.

34 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

She can crash the game. At which point you can play Freedom Planet instead.

On a serious note, I would advice against using Spirit of Light and Piercing Beam. Once I stopped using them, the game rarely crashed anymore.

As for her combat abilities, she is really stupid. Her spells are all pretty insane if charged up to level 2.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Maybe they should have done it like Thracia and the cult's weapons turn into weapons the player is allowed use when the player gets them as a compromise if they really don't want you having the weapons.

Or locking that equipment o it can't be taken and letting the player take other items.

Though it could have been impossible to implement.

Dont forget the ballistae ammo! That... Is locked to the enemy and stealable for no useful reason other than to have it.

1 hour ago, Shrimp γ said:

@Saint Rubenio

Tfw hector useless

Yes.

Daedalus is my least favorite unit in SGW by far. In a game full of unique, useful and fun units, he stands out because he's just Hector. Pulled straight from 7, just plopped here. He's a complete bore, and he's not even that good either. He can't tank too remarkably, his combat is meh, he has zero utility... He fucking sucks, honestly. I so wish he was benchable.

...at least I'm assuming you're talking about him, haha.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I so wish he was benchable.

saaaaaame

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...at least I'm assuming you're talking about him, haha.

yeah

He isn't even 10% as good Astrea

Or any of the ''core squad'' for that matter.

But ofc he's force deployed....

He took Dixi's place

Edited by Shrimp γ

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

saaaaaame

I wouldn't mind him as much if he wasn't forced. Thankfully he doesn't steal Astrea's spotlight, Ike style. Quite the opposite, he plays second fiddle to her all game long. It's great. Astrea's great. Not the deepest character, but she's such a badass.

yeah

He isn't even 10% as good Astrea

Or any of the ''core squad'' for that matter.

He's just fucking trash. Usable, but compared to everyone else in his game? Trash. He's not even that bad, but that very fact makes him even worse! He's not even a fun joke unit like, say, Clint, who starts with a skill that is virtually useless to him until he promotes! He's just boring, bland and ugly and I hate him.

But ofc he's force deployed....

He took Dixi's place

Noooo bench Baryl you dolt!

...at least bring her back when fatigue strikes.

6 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

yeah...

Well, and Baron Condor

Hahaha... Grown fond of Condor, have you? Tell me, reached that A support with Lex yet?

Incidentally, I must scold you for not using Chrysler. He had a 15% move growth, man. Nothing else matters. How could you not use the funny 15% move growth man?

...fun fact: in my LP he barely got two move points. I spent all the run screaming at him while Kirin just casually stole all the move gains from him. It was... It was something, all right.