reached that A support with Lex yet?

nope, because Lex hit the bench

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He had a 15% move growth

yeah i saw

and tried using him

but he wasn't really any good with me

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...fun fact: in my LP he barely got two move points. I spent all the run screaming at him while Kirin just casually stole all the move gains from him. It was... It was something, all right.

haha

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

22 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

9 indoor MoV Ü

Noice.

nope, because Lex hit the bench

Damnit.

I'd say to go and read it at the support viewer, since it's conpletely unlocked, but... Well, problem with that is, it's completely unlocked lol. Spoilers in there. Don't check it out.

yeah i saw

and tried using him

but he wasn't really any good with me

Oof. Shame. Even beyond the funny move growth, I like Chrysler. Sturdiest of the knights, axes and a movement skill that can be triggered all the time with some smart positioning. Though honestly, all the knights in SGW are solid - and Blademaster didn't even need to go the boring route of giving them 5 move for it! My regards for that.

Haha

Pretty sure Clint got as many move levels as him. Even though he has half the growth. Ouch.

I just saved my friend from being falsely convicted using arguments straight from my ass. I'm the greatest lawyer in the world.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There goes Armagon, hating on Kaga again.

You know, at one time I would've gone "haha yeah Fates capture sucks lol xD gottem". Unfortunately, I can no longer do that. So I will instead resort to calling you a poopyhead. You poopyhead.

Armagon left you without arguments, therefore he won this time.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Got the Magus Ring? Charlotte can certainly be viable, though certainly needs more work than Johnathan.

Not yet, I'm still in the early game. I think I still have to get used to combat to be able to use it correctly. At the moment, spamming Jonathan Shurikens is the most efficient way to spend MP.

3 hours ago, BrightBow said:

She can crash the game. At which point you can play Freedom Planet instead.

On a serious note, I would advice against using Spirit of Light and Piercing Beam. Once I stopped using them, the game rarely crashed anymore.

As for her combat abilities, she is really stupid. Her spells are all pretty insane if charged up to level 2.

Duly noted. I was aware that the game had glitches (like the Death one), but didn't know that it could crash just by casting these spells.

Edited by Ghost_06_

So Nagi the final team member joined with the end of Day 3. Still have 40% on my Switch, so I could play more tonight, but the NEO is a bit of a whirlwind to my senses, the presentation seems intended to bewilder, and it does. This said, I do take satisfaction in seeing that this, like the original and many other stories, is another case of 3D chess, in which the heroes do not realize the very special pieces on the board that they are. The primary question for me- what has happened since the first game that has led to another, obviously momentous b/c why else would the game be about them, set of Reapers' Games? What has become of the most important people of the original?

Truth be told, I didn't pick up on Fret being a guy until today.😅The hairdo got me, as did the wrongful assumption of a hero team of the sexes balanced. I've also been trying to figure out who is Rindo's VA, there are only so many candidates in the industry, and I know that softish tone, but I can't definitively say which characters I've heard with it before. I'm liking the assignment of a special non-battle power to each of the heroes, though I've only seen two of them so far. What will Sho's be, and more importantly, what is Sho here up to? I expect him to be acting independently, he is not the kind for taking orders of any kind, but I'll assume his interests have to align with the interests of someone unseen, whose are they and what are they? Given this is a video game and there are only four playable characters all of whom are always in use, Pi-Face I assign a 95% likelihood of remain a good guy to the end. So unless he ends up changing his mind, not infeasible for a free spirit like himself, his interests (and perhaps the person(s) in the shadows who are expecting things of him), must be inherently good, if not the perfect good.

As for gameplay, I'll say that it is being overwhelming. An issue with the DS original was it could be chaotic splitting your attention between Neku and Shiki on separate screens. Here, there is only one screen, but I've twice the people to manage. Keeping track of their individual locations and dodging enemy attacks is and will prove to be a major challenge. I almost lost against the ape boss, and this is just the game's beginning. That each character is assigned a pin and that there are only four characters, means that the total number of pins per fight as decreased by two compared to the original, so much for the Darklit Planet and Eden Sets, it also increases the offense-loss cost of equipping a healing pin.

I also found the game's first Pig Noise. Hearing Ooparts again was a nugget of nostalgia. It's the epitome of TWEWY's eclectic tunes.

Lastly, random major spoilers hypothesis involving the first TWEWY.:

Spoiler

The "Swallow" person Rindo is texting is Hanekoma.

• IIRC, Hanekoma is Japanese meaning "feather".
  • Birds have feathers. Swallows are birds.
  • Rindo has never met Swallow, has no idea what they would look like.
  • Swallow can still be contacted within the UG.
  • IIRC, Hanekoma naturally has the power to transition from UG to RG at will.
  • Swallow has, perhaps strangely, shown no signs of being phased by Rindo's texts.
  • Rindo is clearly an extra special chess piece in the secret stuff going on.
  • Hanekoma was CATS (another animal alias) the artist, who incidentally got the attention of Neku (I forget his 3D chess name in the Secret Reports).
  • Being a creative mind, Hanekoma could've invented the FanGO game. It would then make sense he could disguise himself as a player of it.
  • Swallow cannot be unimportant, it is only a matter of how important. Hanekoma was highly important.
  • On a rather unrelated and doubly speculative note, Hanekoma was the one who resurrected Sho the first time, it is possible that he was the one who did that again. If he did, it opens the door to Hanekoma having done other things too, namely being Swallow.

Maybe it could be Joshua instead (he is truly angelic), or even Neku, but I'll place my bets on Hanekoma if Swallow is a major character from the first game.

Not sure how likely this is, but it can't hurt to guess. The only thing that will hurt, is becoming obsessed with my guess as right when it is finally proven wrong.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

This is probably the most interested I've been in the style to be honest, I never got into FFT (And Parrhesia essentially murdered the chance of me getting into it for the story) or FFTA2 and FFTA is a bit of a mixed bag for me

Same and good riddance, I played almost through the entire first part of the story, the isometric angle was a chore. And the gameplay was slower than ever and not exactly fun. Despite being told the game is easy, several fights saw my characters dropping like flies and I was struggling to stay afloat. Parrhesia spared me from more of it.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Armor Emblem sounds like SRW but with only stuff like Dunbine, Masoukishin, Tekkaman, etc.

Why did Tatsunoko pull out of SRW after J and W? I saw this long ago in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom:

Seems like it'd fit in SRW.

5 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Is it just me or is Charlotte really underwhelming?

It is the case that I usually used Jonathan. She can charge her spells into a stronger form when controlling her, but having to stand still and vulnerable to do so gets in the way.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

At least RF5's nature will let you play it whenever you want. I'm looking forward to the game but it's not like I'll be like, binging it like other games I've done.

Now now, given my track record with RF, that will not do. RF2, RF3, RFToD, all I've left unfinished. I will not see myself repeat this again.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why did Tatsunoko pull out of SRW after J and W? I saw this long ago in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom:

Wouldn't know., to be honest.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Same and good riddance, I played almost through the entire first part of the story, the isometric angle was a chore. And the gameplay was slower than ever and not exactly fun. Despite being told the game is easy, several fights saw my characters dropping like flies and I was struggling to stay afloat

Earlygame is very brutal, easily the most difficult point (next to Riovanes Castle and probably Limberry Castle.)

Ah yes, a random NPC with a portrait (and an evil looking one at that) talking about how she wants to find a rare treasure to bring “enthusiasm” to the Republic’s people. I’m sure she won’t be important later.

18 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have heard it's great.

It's great, if you have resistance towards frustration. Dying is quite the daily in this game. The platformer sections are even harder than "Luna Nights" for me due to less health. Exploring can become quite tedious, if you don't see a rest point for some time.

I am glad that I am discouraged less nowadays, so I still have the motivation to overcome tricky sections.

10 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Armagon left you without arguments, therefore he won this time.

It's not a competition.

9 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

tfw another forced deployment

Ah, Elliot. He's better than Daedalus, but... well, he's not great. He's just a physical fighter and tank with garbage speed. Nothing much else going for him. Funniest thing is, there's a lategame flier that is basically Elliot but better, and Elliot recruits him.

Honestly, I wish Elliot was benchable too. I don't mind him as much as Daedalus, but he's just not that great. It kinda feels like they only exist to make Astrea look better lol.

9 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

rng moment

RNG my beloved.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ah yes, a random NPC with a portrait (and an evil looking one at that) talking about how she wants to find a rare treasure to bring “enthusiasm” to the Republic’s people. I’m sure she won’t be important later.

Come now, Trails is more subtle than that, they wouldn't be so obvious about their villain, would they?

3 hours ago, Julizan said:

It's great, if you have resistance towards frustration. Dying is quite the daily in this game. The platformer sections are even harder than "Luna Nights" for me due to less health. Exploring can become quite tedious, if you don't see a rest point for some time.

Ah, so it's that kind of game.

3 hours ago, Julizan said:

I am glad that I am discouraged less nowadays, so I still have the motivation to overcome tricky sections.

Personal growth is one hell of a thing, isn't it? Haha.

Well, I didn't set out to do this, but I ended up 100%ing Storge. I thought beating the game in 25 turns would be the most difficult achievement, but then I realized, buyable boots in the prep map. So I just hired the staff lady and had protag girl fly all over the maps and murder bosses. Only map that required some finesse was the second map, since it was an escape map and the other two characters couldn't fly. Beyond that, it was rather easy. Didn't even kill the final boss lol.

That was fun. Might do another run or two with the units I've never used before.

16 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Hector stop being a roy thx

He doesn't even have the decency to promote for free. You need to give him items like everyone else. He sucks so hard...

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now now, given my track record with RF, that will not do. RF2, RF3, RFToD, all I've left unfinished. I will not see myself repeat this again.

Ah, I see.

Honestly with how much you know about the previous games, I thought you've beaten at least some of them (at the very least RF2, given the fondness you seem to have for the game).

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

Screenshot_20211023-134243_RetroArch.jpg

King of Heroes!!!!

"Instead, I simply found myself in another gacha hell, when will it end? When will I be free of this pain?"