Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You certainly have more reasons to go for it than me. I don't like anime or Trails. The chances of me enjoying this are... limited.

I don’t have any particular opinions on anime. I have, obviously, enjoyed anime vidya games, and I’ve also watched a couple anime shows (one of which I enjoyed). Still, though, hearing something is anime doesn’t make me want to pick it up more or less, and I don’t really have any thoughts or feelings on it as a whole, just the ones I’m familiar with.

Trails good. I had to fit that in here somewhere.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haha I probably haven't drunk enough alcohol to fill a bottle in my entire life.

...Well okay, maybe one bottle. Maybe even two. But I doubt it reaches three.

Spoiler

Shots confirmed?

Leia asked if Luke was too short to be a stormtrooper, but I wonder if they had a maximum height.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I just didn't get into the combat and story all that much (Like, cleared the first combat mission where they do a sea landing, bit further than that, can't really recall). Yes, it objectively looks better than VII. This was not enough for me at the time

(Also pretty much all the FF's I prefer (excluding what, VII and X?) have more party members in combat I am not sorry)

but... But... Know-it-all-Zell! 

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's the context.

I meant like, no I’m not giving you, the people reading the teehee thread context. The game does give you context.

If that’s what you were getting at it. And if not, then this must be what a bruh moment is.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Too bad it'll always be in Sky's shadow. Ha!

I mean, it’s still fun.

Plus Sky doesn’t have this

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

I meant like, no I’m not giving you, the people reading the teehee thread context. The game does give you context.

If that’s what you were getting at it. And if not, then this must be what a bruh moment is.

That's the point. The bruh moment is you not telling us.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Shrimp γ Hey Shrimpers, I have a question. I keep seeing this Kurisu person pop up in Steam reviews of Steins;Gate. Specifically, people thirst big time for this individual. Should I be worried about anime shenanigans concerning this character? I have an inkling of who they might be, but I am deathly afraid of spoilers if I google the name to confirm my suspicions.

she is the heroine...

and a nerd 

that's it xD

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm sorry, this is a fan translation right?

5AinMTv.jpg
Which is to say yes, yes it is.

4 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

It is, but the same group that made it got hired to do the official localization

Bruh moment indeed

Wait, they were? I thought Falcom just bought the fanslation.

Edited by Sooks

Ok so guys, the absolute funniest song came on the radio at work today. Sometimes they put Spanish music on Spotify to play and this gem came up

I've timestamped it to the relevant part (4:15, listen all the way to the end) because i want y'all to hear the absolute tonal shift that happens here (although it being a Spanish song, aside from me, only @Acacia Sgt and @Saint Rubenio will get the full experience).

Anyways

FCa5tomUcAAou4l?format=jpg&name=large

It's time. Gonna go for under hours.

Also just wanna say it'll be a while before i play another Metroidvania because i have to shift my mind into "it'll be excruciatingly hard for another Metroidvania to top Dread" mode. Basically i'll have to go into Metroidvanias from now on without comparing it to Dread. 

I've already done this with other stuff so it's not an actually hard mindset to obtain.....at least it shouldn't be. Idk about y'all but i'm built different.

3 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

I'll say this: all y'all have bad opinions.

We all have bad opinions. And when we all have bad opinions, no one will.

3 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

https://i.imgur.com/KrqjVH9.png

True.

3 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

Has anybody heard or, dare I say, played Trapper Knight, Sharpshooter Princess? It's a SRPG on Steam akin to Fire Emblem. The hard mode on it is legitimately challenging, and the gimmick the main character has is interesting: he can lay traps which all have various effects depending on if a foe is on it/in it's range.

Can't say i've heard of it.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Still, though, hearing something is anime doesn’t make me want to pick it up more or less,

Anime is a buzzword at this point tbf.

Like jokes aside, "too anime" is not even a real thing.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

An unbelievable theft? No.

A card left behind? No…

4zlBh2j.jpg

Return of the King.

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Plus Sky doesn’t have this

Zero doesn't have it either, that's the bonus remix version.

Actually i think it may play in Azure but shhh.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, they were? I thought Falcom just bought the fanslation.

Well not Falcom but NISA.

....ok i can't actually find anything that says they straight-up bought it. Doesn't matter tho, the games still have unreasonable release schedules.

Edited by Armagon

Since i am now at final map, time for core party!

Spoiler

eS01zM2.png

Astrea, MC-chan, and Magical Girl of Magical Swords. She's amazing. Many of you probably know that when i play Fates, i usually go Grandmaster Corncob, and she is pretty similiar to that, as she also has Ignis and access to Magic and Sword. Although she only has access to tomes after promotion, she has been using Magical swords all the game to kick serious ass, and even after promotion i mostly focused on magical swords + her PRF tome when needed.

Real good.

Spoiler

vDVG250.png

Hector. Why is he even here?

Spoiler

4jxQXId.png

Horseless Eligood. His skill set and stats are cool, and he comes with 2 leadership stars.

Spoiler

az8MI5n.png

Evan aka best unit in the game. Crit, tanky, stances, extra range, and personal 50 crit tome.

Spoiler

piU5yE5.png

Astrea's Sister the Valkyrie. She is a weaker spear version of Astrea. Has some cool support skills tho with Rally, spur and Blood Tide. Also 45% Adept.

Her battle sprite and crit is amazing in the last class tbh.

Spoiler

02NRvAc.png

Tanky Bow Armor. 

9 Indoor Move

Good PRF Bow

Bowfaire

30 Def

Rally

Spoiler

kHJWBfl.png

My other Bow Unit, the Dragon girl Nicole. She starts with low Str, but she can use the Magic bows reeally well, and later on when she gets some STR phyiscal bows as well. Also Canto+ (Console Canto not fake gba canto) and Point Blank is an amazing  combo

Spoiler

RVyR7jm.png
iPznXAY.png

The Dancer Duo.

SGW is for good Boys and Girls.

Spoiler

11lpup6.png

Green Mage girl. At first i didn't wanna use her, but then she got a Mov lvl up on her join chapter.

And Blood tide is always amazing

Spoiler

g5bmEX7.png

One of the most fun Myrmidons i ever had the pleasure of playing with, up there with the Fates myrmidons but not Berwick Faye level because she's another level. Lancecrusher gave her extra 10 Damage against lances, along with avo, crit and hit bonuses. Astra, Adept, crits, Vantage and duelist blow are a skill set a Myrmidon loves. Especially with her 5 PCC her 2nd attack was always a crit.

Spoiler

qcEHr6O.png

Late game Malig Knight. With the right use +15 damage from skills.

Spoiler

YlVacyE.png

Local Manakete and leader of the Dragon country. Can also use Tomes, where she then gets extra 15 Mag from one of her skills. Learns Dragon Fang at lvl25, dunno if i will get that in the final map or not

Spoiler

JgqOEG4.png

Double breaker skills Wyvern lord reminds me of the Shigure i had last Conquest run. Was quite tanky as well. Only bows and mages posed a danger to him, really.

Spoiler

Pye67rj.png

Local amazing Witch. Witches are my weakness, and i had to use her. Had to have her hold skill scross the whole game tho because otherwise she was blind

Spoiler

L6hZh90.png

''I AM NOT DELICATE''

Wait wait, that's not Lissa. But Axes + heals good combo

Spoiler

vMEJqbB.png

Another Malig Knight, this time more magically focused. Promoting from a Dark Mage, i was considering benching him until i saw he has tomefaire, and not so bad skill stat. Also got tankier later on

Spoiler

0z3Ne4N.png

Dark Mage thief that promoted into Dark Flier thief. Was my main thief, and a magical tank as well with 28 Res + Tomebreaker. Speed was usually enough for doubling, too.

Spoiler

RB7GIPJ.png

Switch Squad. Used when another one was fatigued, or another thief was needed, or etc.

Edited by Shrimp γ

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Doesn't matter tho, the games still have unreasonable release schedules.

I’m glad you can still recognize the main point there.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Okay, this is something to clarify. You can wear items that you haven't got enough style for in Neo but you can't get their abilities. It's a choice I understand, but for gameplay-story integration the original knocks it out of the park.

I would not have realized this. Thank you! Style food is now off the table, Str & Def food is where all the Yen will be going then. 

And thank you for saying that the social network nodes that outright state equipment actually provide it. So far, I'm choosing to horde my Friendship Points, I haven't as much as unlocked Easy and Hard Modes yet.

And speaking of clothing, I'm liking the choice to retain a few brands from the first game, but replace the rest. I have a silly fondness for such labels as Pegaso, but it's somewhat realistic for the big names in style to change in a relatively short span of time. I don't miss the top-three and absolute worst brands charting that kept on changing in each individual area of Shibuya, I never paid attention to that and what I was wearing. But at the same time, I do miss those fads. Although perhaps more suited for Harajuku (the real fashion capital of Tokyo) than Shibuya, the volatile trends made the modernity come more alive. And what I really miss, practically impossible now that NEO is 3D, is how the NPCs' clothes changed based on what the big three names were. Sure, some labels were fairly similar visually, but there was nothing like standing in the middle of the Scramble Crossing with Lapin Angelique topping the charts. I want that again.

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's time. Gonna go for under hours.

Also just wanna say it'll be a while before i play another Metroidvania because i have to shift my mind into "it'll be excruciatingly hard for another Metroidvania to top Dread" mode. Basically i'll have to go into Metroidvanias from now on without comparing it to Dread. 

I've already done this with other stuff so it's not an actually hard mindset to obtain.....at least it shouldn't be. Idk about y'all but i'm built different.

I'd add that it's probably for the best you do all your speedrunning now for it's own sake. The layout of everything is clear, your muscle memory fresh and built up. Coming back later could see your edge dulled, and if you tried a sub-XX time, you'd probably waste a run getting back into the groove. -Or so I would think.

Reminds me of one of the reasons setting down an unfinished SoS/RF file for too long is a bad idea. You forget your routine and everything you were working towards.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

25 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Used when another one was fatigued, or another thief was needed, or etc.

Ohhhhh SGW has Fatigue.

RIP.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m glad you can still recognize the main point there.

Metroid Prime 4 will be released before Kuro no Kiseki gets localized.

I'm saying this half as a joke, half as a serious statement because there is an 80% chance of this happening.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The layout of everything is clear, your muscle memory fresh and built up. Coming back later could see your edge dulled, and you tried a sub-XX time, you'd probably waste a run getting back into the groove. -Or so I would think.

I can wipe off the rust pretty well. There was a four month gap between my two Zero Mission playthroughs and I got a shorter time on the second run. Of course, I wasn't really speedrunning Zero Mission, as most of the sequence breaks there require frame perfect bomb jumps and Shinesparks. That and Zero Mission is much simpler compared to Dread.

But in general, I can remember what I was doing pretty well.