• Armagon

So i just beat Gravity Rush

118.png?width=572&height=432

2 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

I had 110 on zero

????????

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

So imagine normal mode.

Honestly, i'm convinced y'all just played an alt timeline game because I found Zero to be a decent challenge on Normal mode. Not the snoozefest it's being made out to be.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, i'm convinced y'all just played an alt timeline game because I found Zero to be a decent challenge on Normal mode. Not the snoozefest it's being made out to be.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m not agreeing with cosmo. Nightmare is providing a decent challenge. Sure, not as hard as Sky 3rd Nightmare, but I would still say there’s some challenge here, and I’m certainly not only getting game overs from NPCs and extreme stupidity.

Gravity Rush rushed so hard, it forgot about the midgame (review)

The entire concept of Gravity Rush is pretty unique and given it's status as a cult classic (at least from what i've seen), it felt like it should've been a pretty fun time. Yeah, it should've...

Truth be told, there is a good game in here. The gravity shifting can be pretty fun once you get the hang of it and while combat is barebones and the difficulty is non-existent, it does feel functional (unless it's air combat in which is actually ass). Kat's an alright character and the story started to get pretty interesting at around the mid-game and i found it interesting that all the voice acting (that exists anyway) is done with made up fantasy language. There's just one big, big problem with all of this: the mid-game is actually the late-game even though the game didn't feel anywhere close to done. Just when the story was getting interesting, just when i finally had a firm grasp on the gameplay.....the game starts closing the curtains. I'm well aware there's a sequel and all and perhaps that game improves on what's here but Gravity Rush ended so abruptly that it pretty much didn't give any of it's qualities enough time to shine. It doesn't help that as far as the story is concerned, it leaves so many unanswered questions to the point where the story genuinely feels unfinished. Actually the worst kind of sequel-baiting but at least that sequel's out now. Hopefully it's better.

Also the camera is ass a good chunk of the time (not dealbreaking bad) but i guess that kinda comes with the territory about a game where you can tell gravity to cease.

5/10

11 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

she is the heroine...

and a nerd 

that's it xD

Duly noted.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Anime is a buzzword at this point tbf.

Like jokes aside, "too anime" is not even a real thing.

How dare you, I use it real rational-like.

10 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

Since i am now at final map, time for core party!

Reveal hidden contents

eS01zM2.png

Astrea, MC-chan, and Magical Girl of Magical Swords. She's amazing. Many of you probably know that when i play Fates, i usually go Grandmaster Corncob, and she is pretty similiar to that, as she also has Ignis and access to Magic and Sword. Although she only has access to tomes after promotion, she has been using Magical swords all the game to kick serious ass, and even after promotion i mostly focused on magical swords + her PRF tome when needed.

Real good.

Regular Astrea. Which is to say, awesome.

Reveal hidden contents

vDVG250.png

Hector. Why is he even here?

I wish I knew.

Reveal hidden contents

4jxQXId.png

Horseless Eligood. His skill set and stats are cool, and he comes with 2 leadership stars.

His speed is better than my usua Elliots. Dullahan is still better.

Reveal hidden contents

az8MI5n.png

Evan aka best unit in the game. Crit, tanky, stances, extra range, and personal 50 crit tome.

Evan is the kind of unit I shouldn't use because he's too good, but use anyway because he's really fun.

Reveal hidden contents

piU5yE5.png

Astrea's Sister the Valkyrie. She is a weaker spear version of Astrea. Has some cool support skills tho with Rally, spur and Blood Tide. Also 45% Adept.

Her battle sprite and crit is amazing in the last class tbh.

I never get much out of this girl in combat, but her buffing utility is through the roof.

Reveal hidden contents

02NRvAc.png

Tanky Bow Armor. 

9 Indoor Move

Good PRF Bow

Bowfaire

30 Def

Rally

Okay that Condor is amazing.

And well, since you're almost done I suppose I might as well reveal it.

Spoiler

Condor's a woman, actually. It's revealed inba few of her A supports. The A with Lex in particular is amazing, I recommend you go and read it when you're finished.

Reveal hidden contents

kHJWBfl.png

My other Bow Unit, the Dragon girl Nicole. She starts with low Str, but she can use the Magic bows reeally well, and later on when she gets some STR phyiscal bows as well. Also Canto+ (Console Canto not fake gba canto) and Point Blank is an amazing  combo

She's pretty good when used, yeah.

Reveal hidden contents

RVyR7jm.png
iPznXAY.png

The Dancer Duo.

SGW is for good Boys and Girls.

Hahahahahaha

Reveal hidden contents

11lpup6.png

Green Mage girl. At first i didn't wanna use her, but then she got a Mov lvl up on her join chapter.

And Blood tide is always amazing

I like her better than Gerome, though Gerome is better thanks to his guaranteed extra move point from his skill.

Reveal hidden contents

g5bmEX7.png

One of the most fun Myrmidons i ever had the pleasure of playing with, up there with the Fates myrmidons but not Berwick Faye level because she's another level. Lancecrusher gave her extra 10 Damage against lances, along with avo, crit and hit bonuses. Astra, Adept, crits, Vantage and duelist blow are a skill set a Myrmidon loves. Especially with her 5 PCC her 2nd attack was always a crit.

I definitely need to give her another shot.

Reveal hidden contents

qcEHr6O.png

Late game Malig Knight. With the right use +15 damage from skills.

I like Clea better.

Reveal hidden contents

YlVacyE.png

Local Manakete and leader of the Dragon country. Can also use Tomes, where she then gets extra 15 Mag from one of her skills. Learns Dragon Fang at lvl25, dunno if i will get that in the final map or not

She's pretty epic.

Reveal hidden contents

JgqOEG4.png

Double breaker skills Wyvern lord reminds me of the Shigure i had last Conquest run. Was quite tanky as well. Only bows and mages posed a danger to him, really.

I literally got him killed the same turn I recruited him in my LP. That is the most interesting thing I have ever done with him.

Reveal hidden contents

Pye67rj.png

Local amazing Witch. Witches are my weakness, and i had to use her. Had to have her hold skill scross the whole game tho because otherwise she was blind

Mages with accuracy issues seems to be a bit of a trend in SGW.

Reveal hidden contents

L6hZh90.png

''I AM NOT DELICATE''

Wait wait, that's not Lissa. But Axes + heals good combo

Kirin better.

Reveal hidden contents

vMEJqbB.png

Another Malig Knight, this time more magically focused. Promoting from a Dark Mage, i was considering benching him until i saw he has tomefaire, and not so bad skill stat. Also got tankier later on

Artemis better.

Reveal hidden contents

0z3Ne4N.png

Dark Mage thief that promoted into Dark Flier thief. Was my main thief, and a magical tank as well with 28 Res + Tomebreaker. Speed was usually enough for doubling, too.

Oh there she is.

Reveal hidden contents

RB7GIPJ.png

Switch Squad. Used when another one was fatigued, or another thief was needed, or etc.

Sooooo you didn't get the funny unit from the dragon map, did you. And I'll assume you also got the boring unit in the final map. Oh well. I'll tell you what you missed out on later.

Also just wanna say it'll be a while before i play another Metroidvania because i have to shift my mind into "it'll be excruciatingly hard for another Metroidvania to top Dread" mode. Basically i'll have to go into Metroidvanias from now on without comparing it to Dread. 

I've already done this with other stuff so it's not an actually hard mindset to obtain.....at least it shouldn't be. Idk about y'all but i'm built different.

I can't say that's ever been a problem for me. Even after stuff like Berwick saga I was able to return to FE just fine.

Ohhhhh SGW has Fatigue.

RIP.

The creator loves Thracia, so you would probably hate it. Plus, I love it, so I wouldn't recommend it to you.

5 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

20211024_064838.jpg

Tis done!

Congratulations!

Thoughts later.

Dafuq

Hide contents

Condor was a waifu all along?

Ahhh right I forgot it's revealed in the ending too. You'd have known sooner if you got any supports.

I suppose I might as well tell you this now. Uber spoilers in here, in case anyone cares.

Spoiler

If you didn't do it, I'll tell you now: Rody is recruitable. If you speak to him with Katherin, she reminds him of Nia and he swears to fight for her. The insane genocider is recruitable. And he actually turns out to be a pretty tragic figure. Things like that are why I love SGW.

But that's not all. If you kill Donovan, which I'm assuming you didn't, Astrea strikes a deal with Pyron in the final map. He joins and all of his troops turn green. Probably my favorite moment in the game. You literally team up with the main antagonist God so you can together beat up the secret mainer antagonist God. It's fucking amazing. Though I'm also fond of Astrea one-upping the "anime teenagers kill God" trope by taking on TWO gods at once.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I would suggest going back to the first game seeing what I mean, it was a neat touch.

The fact you specified LA made me think of all the guys in top hats.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like Clea bette

But

You are the one who told me to get Torrid xD

Or was it a misunderstanding?

Sooooo you didn't get the funny unit from the dragon map, did you

I actually got him

Just decided not to use him as i wanted to finish the game with my "core squad"

Congratulations

Ty!

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

But

You are the one who told me to get Torrid xD

Or was it a misunderstanding?

Torrid is widely regarded as better. I like Clea better personally. That's okay, though, it doesn't matter.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

I actually got him

Just decided not to use him as i wanted to finish the game with my "core squad"

Right, right. Who did you get in the final map? Aside from the green guy.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Torrid is widely regarded as better. I like Clea better personally. That's okay, though, it doesn't matter

You told me Bael unit is more fun, you probably meant killing bawl while i understood it as letting them be green units xD

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who did you get in the final map?

Aura blade Ike and another Ike with Master Sword and that S rank sword

Also that pyron spoiler is interesting,  sounds pretty cool

Edited by Shrimp γ

9 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

You told me Bael unit is more fun, you probably meant killing bawl while i understood it as letting them be green units xD

Bael was Eren/Aoifye. Torrid/Clea was something different.

9 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Aura blade Ike and another Ike with Master Sword and that S rank sword

Figured as much. Green Ike can be replaced with the only playable beard in the game by

Spoiler

Never killing Dartanion. Remember that guy? If you don't kill him he keeps showing up. Never kill him, you get a different unit at the end.

Also, he's what determines whether you get Clea or Torrid. Kill him in one of his first two appearances and Torrid joins. Spare him in those, you get Clea.

Also that pyron spoiler is interesting,  sounds pretty cool

It is really cool.

Spoiler

The deal is that Astrea and him duel one on one after Zalmoxis is taken care of. When they do, however, Astrea returns the fragment of his power in her pendant and immediately begins to die of the mana plague. This shocks Pyron, as he never thought someone so "weak" that she couldn't even live without his power's help could accomplish what she did.

Then he understands what she's trying to show him, returns her pendant, declares he's content with what he's seen and allows himself to be sealed alongside Zalmoxis, assured that mankind will have a prosperous future without need of the gods.

I love how of all of them, Pyron turned out to be the most reasonable villain.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

💤

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m not agreeing with cosmo. Nightmare is providing a decent challenge. Sure, not as hard as Sky 3rd Nightmare, but I would still say there’s some challenge here, and I’m certainly not only getting game overs from NPCs and extreme stupidity.

As one who almost never appreciates devs version of "Challenge", Zero was fairly "honest" throughout most the game. Tbh i never felt a need to grind Quartz or anything, and that says something to me considering my nature.

Stupidity was me not swapping setups around or just not watching weakness/Status exploits, ect. so... stupidity on my end lmao.

Every Sky total playtime so far for me:

Trails in the Sky FC:

Spoiler

41e939a526ff467ad5844292b8710a13.png

Trails in the Sky SC:

Spoiler

9e6937f1c94f9805ccfbc1c87632bd67.png

Trails in the Sky the 3rd:

Spoiler

c13994972dbd3c307d9c17778eb1bb5a.png

I've only played FC once haha. I really need to go through it again. XD

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It doesn't look like it unfortunately.

NO! Why? The costumes were a fun idea and they should have totally stuck with them through the series! 

Disappoint.

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well I guess I'll resume FF7R now.

I should've never put it on hold cause now I played it for like 40 minutes and completely lost any interest to continue.

4 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

I'm sorry if this picture repulses you, Ruben.

c978d45b35.png

The inaccuracy of bringing your child to the pub for the first time here is frustrating.

More than the adult being ill dressed for the winter it's how the place doesn't smell of the beer or that it's too bright for it.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Alright that is pretty neat.

It's... some attention to detail. Though it seems to be only in places. Like you discussed with Cosmo before, the MP2 boards don't get the costumes, for example.

And, well, beyond that, I'm still a bit iffy on them selling 20% of the first three Mario Parties, plus a handful of minigames from each game in the series, for a full 60$. I don't think I'll be getting this game, honestly. Played enough Mario Party with my friend already.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I should've never put it on hold cause now I played it for like 40 minutes and completely lost any interest to continue.

This is why I don't like stopping games halfway through. The more I keep my runs on hold, the more unlikely it is that I'll ever continue them.

2 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

I'm sorry if this picture repulses you, Ruben.

Mmh?

2 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

c978d45b35.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

I am never getting this game.

...Okay no, but honestly though. This does not seem like the kind of game to feature anything other than anime teens, scantily clad waifus and lolis. So why the heck is there an old man with a moustache hanging out with (what I'm assuming are) the rest of the playables in the Steam trailer? You got any answers for me about that? I'm genuinely curious. Not that the old man's existence is going to be a deal breaker, if it goes on sale I think I'm most likely going to pick it up, but I'm curious.