Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Palette limitations, huh.

Wonder if that's why Bian Zoldark had brown hair in SRW 2, instead of the black/blue he'd be most known with.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

She's walking around Mossdeep and trying to find a female NPC to marry to the player character. She responded to a kid going on about expanding nature all over the world with "she's a weirdo but I kinda wanna date her."

I should be recording this for posterity.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why hasn't the community realised this sooner!? Xd

I suppose the color limit is REALLY 15 since a transparancy color is neccesary and shouldnt be used on your sprite. 

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All jokes aside, that probably is the reason the designs of characters in Archanea tend to only have one main color. NES was even more limited than GBA, they couldn't afford to use many colors on someone's design. So Marth ended up being blue hair on blue clothes.

Outdated consoles once again limiting Kaga's genius smh

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Which one?

There's a few mistakes, but it is spot on

I just obtained a totally legit copy of Echoes for my completely legal Nintendo PC-- Wait, what am I saying? I do have a real copy of that one, I don't need to pretend.

I'm not gonna play it now, just wanted to have it. I must say, the art is... so fucking gorgeous, now that I can actually appreciate it on a screen that doesn't melt my eyes from the strain. Like, wow. There is no question that this is the best art in the series. If only the game itself had been the same...

I must say, oddly enough, it does not seem to have the graphical issues Fates and Awakening had. Well, I can notice some small ghosting, but nothing like Fates's ghosting (good thing too, there is no mod to remove it for this one), and certainly not the awful issues Awakening suffered from. What a fickle emulator Citra is...

6 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Outdated consoles once again limiting Kaga's genius smh

Kaga is a victim of circumstance.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not gonna play it now, just wanted to have it. I must say, the art is... so fucking gorgeous, now that I can actually appreciate it on a screen that doesn't melt my eyes from the strain.

Something has to be up, I don't think I've ever had the issue (barring that one time with PokeMoon and even then it wasn't that long.)

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All jokes aside, that probably is the reason the designs of characters in Archanea tend to only have one main color. NES was even more limited than GBA, they couldn't afford to use many colors on someone's design. So Marth ended up being blue hair on blue clothes.

I'd say more like Alm ending with blue hair when even back then it was green in his artwork. Despite some Gaiden portraits do having green hair.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Something has to be up, I don't think I've ever had the issue (barring that one time with PokeMoon and even then it wasn't that long.)

I mean, "melt my eyes" is a bit of an exaggeration, but they did hurt after a prolonged play session. Damn screen's tinier than my phone's screen! First edition 3DS will do that to ya. I don't know how I did it as a wee lad.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say more like Alm ending with blue hair when even back then it was green in his artwork. Despite some Gaiden portraits do having green hair.

That's probably also a side effect of the limitations, yes. Though they definitely designed the characters im FE1 around the limitations. If you compare them to future designs in the series, you can tell they are way more consistently monochrome. Gaiden... Gaiden's just weird, the ingame portraits almost never match the artwork.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, "melt my eyes" is a bit of an exaggeration, but they did hurt after a prolonged play session. Damn screen's tinier than my phone's screen! First edition 3DS will do that to ya. I don't know how I did it as a wee lad.

Maybe first edition is that much worse, I've never had one. That being said, screens are kinda awkward on the eyes at times.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, never had that problem. Then again, I have the XL designs... so maybe that's why...

Here's a comparison.

maxresdefault.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Maybe first edition is that much worse, I've never had one. That being said, screens are kinda awkward on the eyes at times.

Could be I have sensitive eyes, too, of course.

Here's a comparison.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, it's not helped by the angle of the shot, but it is a fair bit worse.

SS from ambassador program is not worth.

Could be I have sensitive eyes, too, of course.

What people might need after extended exposure to poor quality screens

FCf4ln7XsAo3TCI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Well, given PS4's notorious first time installations, i figured i better get this out of the way.

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can steal his shtick if I want. How's he gonna stop me?

Ok you brought this upon yourself

Screenshot_371.png?width=762&height=432

Screenshot_383.png?width=755&height=432

Accept the consequences of your actions.

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's funny and green. Both important factors to consider as well.

Is that the real reason you like Luigi?

41 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the topic...

dai-2-ji-super-robot-taisen-super-robot-wars-2-de-nintendo-famicom-traducido-al-espanol-castellano.png

Finally, an SRW for me.

50 minutes ago, Dayni said:

She's walking around Mossdeep and trying to find a female NPC to marry to the player character. She responded to a kid going on about expanding nature all over the world with "she's a weirdo but I kinda wanna date her."

I should be recording this for posterity.

Perhaps she should be playing Fire Emblem instead, evidently it fits her taste in video games.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Accept the consequences of your actions.

More towels in hot springs, more characters left unable to dry themselves.

But you can't buy Million Arthur anymore, so no longer can she grace the games of new Neptunia players.

Edited by Lightchao42

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

Perhaps she should be playing Fire Emblem instead, evidently it fits her taste in video games.

Years ago she actually tried Fates. Needless to say she didn't get all that far in it and I don't think I'm going to be going for that if I say it again next time.

She's on a bit of a Pokemon kick at the moment anyways, which isn't limited to the games.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Twitter discourse was a bad choice.

It's amazing how bad mannered the talk can get.

I mean, it's Twitter, of course it would be a shitshow, but that doesn't detract from the main point OP had.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just obtained a totally legit copy of Echoes for my completely legal Nintendo PC-- Wait, what am I saying? I do have a real copy of that one, I don't need to pretend.

I'm not gonna play it now, just wanted to have it. I must say, the art is... so fucking gorgeous, now that I can actually appreciate it on a screen that doesn't melt my eyes from the strain. Like, wow. There is no question that this is the best art in the series. If only the game itself had been the same...

Use Delthea

delthea (fire emblem and 1 more) drawn by fuussu_(21-kazin)

3 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I don’t think you can count so difficulty options if only 2% of players could use them.

I mean, Black 2 was my childhood so it gets a pass, but still.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Too true, Ghost 06. Too true.

Say, what did you do to Alistair anyway? I never figured that out for obvious reasons, but I also don’t care about spoilers for obvious reasons, so do enlighten me.