• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

Oh yeah her Hyper is wew boy xD

Yeah, it's brutal. xD

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

I love New Hime more tho. So much fun.

Ye, new Hime is great! Have yet to play as her myself, though. I did have to fight her already, however... it... didn't end well. xD

I wonder if she's supposed to be a reference to Tsukihime. xD

5 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

cute :3

Agreed! ^^

48 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

At least he doesn't join as late as Mycen, pft.

True... Doesn't Mustache-man have like, three maps of availability? Pfft...

35 minutes ago, Dayni said:

He got lost, okay? Celica heading to the desert threw him.

Yeah well, screw you, Kaga. Why won't you let the old man have availability? Now you're an old man, too! Bet you'd be upset if I didn't let you have availability!

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

*high five*
Genny is legitimately one of my favorite characters in Echoes, a game I already consider to have a great cast in general (except Gray).

Genny is super weird, though. Why is her only support partner Sonya, of all people? Do her fellow companions really care so little about her, or is she so terrifying that they maintain a safe distance, lest they be rolled over?

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Not to mention she somehow managed to become one of my best combat units on Celica's side of things during my first playthrough, which I found to be quite amazing. Always love when a character I like also turns out to be a good unit!
I'm proud of my invincible cleric, is basically what I'm saying.

I don't really remember how she did in my run. Nothing that impressive, certainly, though she didn't suck as hard as Silque.

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Try to have fun!😃 I don't know which you're playing, and if you're playing the original, which version of the original you're playing.

I tried the DS version of Disgaea 1 when I was in high school. I went in all hyped up ...and I got Pleinair early and soloed the game with her until the postgame, where I used a bunch of the postgame bonus characters to defeat Baal. Too much grind/10. It has turned me off ever trying another NIS game. Although in the absence of another Etrian Odyssey, I've a slight interest for this eating & dungeon crawling game they're working on.

I'm playing the PS2 one "Hour of Darkness". 

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ayy, nice! Been meaning to look into that series myself after really liking Labyrinth of Refrain (another game by that developer).

👍 apparantly they are difficult games. Hmm didn't see that coming.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Genny is super weird, though. Why is her only support partner Sonya, of all people? Do her fellow companions really care so little about her, or is she so terrifying that they maintain a safe distance, lest they be rolled over?

SoV support pools were definitely on the low side. Not just a problem with her in specific.

That said, if it only had to be one... at least it was a home run. Sonya is unironically a good sister figure for her. lol

The 4koma agree!

B9p27wK.png

4 hours ago, WraithReborn said:

The breakup is way worse. Oh and more blasphemy.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey Ghost, who's your favorite character in Dragon Age Awakening? No particular reason I'm asking, I'm just going to give them a painful, horrifying death when I get around to playing the game.

The one with a beard.

1 hour ago, Shrimp γ said:

22 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

This was my response, alot of which i am sure you have seen in this thread before xD

Where's the evil cult?

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

And also when the majority of pics posted on the thread are of one particular topic it's easy for the assumption to form.

The problem is that Ruben keeps shunning the girls and asking for beards, but when I post one fanart he doesn't even notice

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SoV support pools were definitely on the low side. Not just a problem with her in specific.

Oh I know, but her case is weird. Why a complete unrelated person that isn't even guaranteed to exist?

That said, if it only had to be one... at least it was a home run. Sonya is unironically a good sister figure for her. lol

True. I mean, I don't remember their support, but I've heard it's great.

B9p27wK.png

Hah!

12 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Ahahahahahaha... Oh that's brilliant.

The one with a beard.

Damnit.

The problem is that Ruben keeps shunning the girls and asking for beards, but when I post one fanart he doesn't even notice

You must've posted like, one beard and during the hours when I'm asleep. There probably was a lot of activity that day, so I skimmed through the pages and missed your post. You could, y'know, try twice or - God forbid! - thrice before immediately writing me off as a lost cause and devoting your existence to mildly inconveniencing me with loli spam.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh I know, but her case is weird. Why a complete unrelated person that isn't even guaranteed to exist?

True. I mean, I don't remember their support, but I've heard it's great.

Hah!

My guess is because they ended up giving them similar backgrounds (left at priories by their parents), they thought it was a good hook as any for a support chain. After that, it was likely process of elimination. Characters only have 1 or 2 supports for the most part. Alm and Clair have three (and DLC gives Clair a fourth if I recall), with Celica having the most at four. They could've at least given her a second one so she can't miss out if you don't go for Sonya, like Jesse still having Saber to support with if you don't recruit Deen, but yeah.

Oh yes, they're great. Quite wholesome, hahaha.

See, told you she's such a good role model.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

I don't know how to feel about the fact that it kinda sorta makes sense, too.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My guess is because they ended up giving them similar backgrounds (left at priories by their parents), they thought it was a good hook as any for a support chain. After that, it was likely process of elimination. Characters only have 1 or 2 supports for the most part. Alm and Clair have three (and DLC gives Clair a fourth if I recall), with Celica having the most at four. They could've at least given her a second one so she can't miss out if you don't go for Sonya, like Jesse still having Saber to support with if you don't recruit Deen, but yeah.

I wonder why Echoes has so few supports. Budget issues? I mean, sure, quality over quantity, but they've proven they can do more and maintain a good quality all around. Not to mention, if you have less, you risk having a character like Silque who gets shafted because her one support is complete garbage.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

See, told you she's such a good role model.

She certainly taught her things.

8 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

You know, I'm curious. Which forum themes do you guys use? (There's a themes option at the very bottom of the page) 

Default one. I like green.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I wonder why Echoes has so few supports. Budget issues? I mean, sure, quality over quantity, but they've proven they can do more and maintain a good quality all around. Not to mention, if you have less, you risk having a character like Silque who gets shafted because her one support is complete garbage.

She certainly taught her things.

SoV was the first to go for having the game almost fully voiced, including supports. My guess is that yes, for budget and likely storage concerns, they couldn't record that many support chains. And yeah, some characters certainly ended up shafted for it. Her Faye support could've indeed been done better.

And then you have stuff like this:

36bl41C.png

She's totally a writer.

12 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Isn’t it implied she married Saber?

Perhaps back in Gaiden, but SoV actually removes those implications. So... it's up in the air now.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You must've posted like, one beard and during the hours when I'm asleep. There probably was a lot of activity that day, so I skimmed through the pages and missed your post. You could, y'know, try twice or - God forbid! - thrice before immediately writing me off as a lost cause and devoting your existence to mildly inconveniencing me with loli spam.

Here's Noctis

24 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

You know, I'm curious. Which forum themes do you guys use? (There's a themes option at the very bottom of the page) 

Blue Skies.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SoV was the first to go for having the game almost fully voiced, including supports. My guess is that yes, for budget and likely storage concerns, they couldn't record that many support chains. And yeah, some characters certainly ended up shafted for it. Her Faye support could've indeed been done better.

Ah, yes, that makes sense. It hadn't occurred to me, but fitting full voice acting into the 3DS would've been awkward.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And then you have stuff like this:

36bl41C.png

She's totally a writer.

Pffft... Oh, God.

5 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Here's Noctis

It's a good start! I mean, that's a C tier beard at best, but it's definitely a start!

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Perhaps back in Gaiden, but SoV actually removes those implications. So... it's up in the air now.

Genny’s Ending:

After falling in a most unlikely love, Genny wed a man no one would ever expect. As for whom she married, exactly, no one can say—whenever her friends asked, she replied only with a smile and an enigmatic laugh.

Saber’s Ending:

Along with Jesse, Saber helped build the foundation for a new kingdom of, and for, mercenaries. He continued working as a sellsword for years to come and aided the One Kingdom on many occasions—always with his stunning bride by his side.

I still think that Genny married Saber. He’s older then her and I still get the impression even from Echoes that they got together in the end.

Edited by WraithReborn

10 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Granny’s Ending:

After falling in a most unlikely love, Genny wed a man no one would ever expect. As for whom she married, exactly, no one can say—whenever her friends asked, she replied only with a smile and an enigmatic laugh.

Saber’s Ending:

Along with Jesse, Saber helped build the foundation for a new kingdom of, and for, mercenaries. He continued working as a sellsword for years to come and aided the One Kingdom on many occasions—always with his stunning bride by his side.

I still think that Genny married Saber. He’s older then her and I still get the impression even from Echoes that they got together in the end.

Well, for starters, this is Genny's Gaiden ending.

Jenny
Though no one could have possibly dreamed of it happening, it’s said that she fell in love with one of her companions.
Who in the world could that person be? Her only answer is a smile.

Notice it outright says one of her companions, something removed from her SoV ending. Back then people thought it was Saber since his ending states he has a wife, without saying who she is. Since Genny was said to marry "one of her companions," they thought she was Saber's wife. That's no longer the case in SoV.

Second, SoV added more ending variations if certain characters die, and as Shrimp stated, neither Genny nor Sabers' change if the other dies. Outright showing they didn't married each other.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My, if Saber's supposed to be older than her, he oughta be at least half as old as you!

Saber's in like his thirties. So... close enough?

Edited by Acacia Sgt