Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Last week we could not hang out, but there was no escape today. My pal and I played Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 again.

We cheated the system so hard. You see, there's these narrow gaps in the air. There's a character that can crawl through narrow spaces, but he needs to be on solid ground. These passages in the air are only accessible in New Game +, with a character that arrives much later... When playing alone. Except, well, there's two of us, so...

MuUGi0wV_o.gif

The attempt was completely botched by a random enemy when I was recording. I have no idea how that even worked, to be honest... The point is, yeah. We gamed the system. Basic principle is, crawling guy would lie on top of the robot, who would use his hovering ability to reach the wall and act as the solid ground from which to crawl into the space. Lemme tell you, I was real proud when I came up with that one. It ain't much, but when you spend an entire afternoon cursing yourself and your complete incompetence, you latch on to anything to keep you going.

Also, can somebody tell me why stage 7 was so much easier than 5 and 6? 5 and 6 were grueling experiences. We needed like, 5 hours each to beat them. Stage 6 was even worse because there were hardly any checkpoints. Then we got to stage 7, and we only had an hour left so we just went ahead without any expectations, just to see what it was all about. We reached and killed the boss on our first attempt. Had it not been for the bullshit final attack after death, we would've beaten it in one try. Just... Why?

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh, and the bastard that wields the assassin dagger in Ch3? Yeah, he got fucked by Dean, he critted Dean (obviously) and Dean used Vengeance!

Thank you Dean for showing them who's boss around here!

Dean's one of the best units in the game. This is one of the reasons why. Vengeance is amazing.

6 hours ago, Spara said:

Probabilistic weapon durability takes the cake as the worst, imo. Capturing is janky and the math is really scuffed, but I think it could seriously work with major tweaks. The durability system is just lame though, even though I also see what the attempt was there.

They're both pretty lame, but I've never felt RNG durability has that much of an impact. Not good, but not that bad either. In my humble opinion, of course.

6 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

Fly me to the moon

Oh hey, it's the song from the one anime. One of the six animes I've watched, in fact. It was good.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh, I didn't mention it, but before my pal arrived, I played a short session of Disco. Nothing I can really mention in detail, though. I'm starting to run out of random shit to do and I'm making some big progrses with the investigation, and that's spoilerific territory I will not get into.

...I can say this, though. I'm playing again now, and I just successfully passed a roll... Only for the game to tell me that even though I'm "sure I succeeded," nothing happened, and that I had no idea what I was even trying to do.

You can't do that, game! If I pass a roll, you're supposed to reward me...

Jbcsa4ul o

Turns out my protag was secretly a super hero all along.

Fun fact: That's an 83 roll, even though my motorics are low and I've only put one point into savoir faire. Teleportation is easier than talking a guy into giving up his sandwich. Go figure.

Okay, so I passed the roll. My guy closed his eyes, the screen went black, my brain said "ZOOT ZAP POW CRINKLE" and then I found myself on the roof. Of course, Kim quickly confirmed from below that I just climbed the ladder normally while pretending that I was "teleporting" for my own comfort.

There's just one problem.

Qzpen6tx o

How in the everloving fuck did I climb that hazard without breaking my neck? And with my eyes closed, at that? My guy really was a super hero all along!

And then I proceeded to die my first death of the run. I took a wrong turn and the game insta-killed me. Nice.

Man, it sure it taking a while for anyone else to post. I don't wanna post too much in a row... Guess I'll leave this post written and keep going. I doubt anything too interesting is gonna happen, anyway.

WHAT

OH NO

OH FUCK

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I RAN INTO A PLOT TWIST, JUST LIKE THAT

AND THE PLOT TWIST LITERALLY FUCKING KILLED ME

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Well.

That went from zero to a hundred fast.

What a mess...

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So the plot twist ya neck

More like I straight up suffered a heart attack and died instantly after hearing the news.

And what news they were. Holy moly.

It might just be me being tired, but I honestly think Love Brewed would be a great name for a dating sim centered around a cafe and if nobody has done it already I'm disappointed in them.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ahaha

Well, that would definitely eat you if it was there. Thus, accurate.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It might just be me being tired, but I honestly think Love Brewed would be a great name for a dating sim centered around a cafe and if nobody has done it already I'm disappointed in them.

It sounds more like the name for a fake dating sim that later turns out to be a horror game. Y'know, the date would throw his/her unsuspecting victims in the pot to make the perfect brew...

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ahaha

Bwahahahahahahahaha... Oh, that's just amazing. Cat videos are what the internet was truly made for.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

It sounds more like the name for a fake dating sim that later turns out to be a horror game. Y'know, the date would throw his/her unsuspecting victims in the pot to make the perfect brew...

You could certainly go that way, or worse considering the other way I was going with it (seeing as English be English it can be pronounced the same as brood)

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

J8qxSgM.png

What you get up to in your free time is between the Emperor and you Shrimp-kun. So I just finished reading Dune and yeah, it’s definitely a strange book. It reminds me a lot of The Book of the New Sun.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually that's kinda what happens in Bravely Default, minus the cafe.

• Mission- Turn the land of flowers and pure and proper maidens into a den of vanity.
  • Agents- The Bloodrose Legion, led by a Fiore DeRosa. Accompanied by three sisters in the Legion doing their own separate things.
  • DeRosa's Operation--
    • Seduce girls using a special cologne.
    • Take those girls on dates.
    • Take the girls on a final date to your secret lair. Where you kill them and turn their bodies into more cologne.
    • Repeat the process of using irresistible cologne to bait girls who you then use to make more cologne.
    • End goal- ???
      • Don't ask me. This a game of often though not always cartoony villains.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

(3DS version adds voice acting and a bonus story)

That would be the version of Devil Survivor 2 i'd play yes.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The first Devil Survivor, which is a little less refined in gameplay, is a closer to mainline SMT atmospherically, but I'm cautiously suggesting baby steps.

Thank you.

There's still probably a chance i'd play Persona 5 and SMT5 before Devil Survivor but even if i enjoy SMT5, there's no garuantee i'd go back and play the older games. Easing into the not bleak entries would be good.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Last week we could not hang out, but there was no escape today. My pal and I played Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 again.

We cheated the system so hard. You see, there's these narrow gaps in the air. There's a character that can crawl through narrow spaces, but he needs to be on solid ground. These passages in the air are only accessible in New Game +, with a character that arrives much later... When playing alone. Except, well, there's two of us, so...

MuUGi0wV_o.gif

The attempt was completely botched by a random enemy when I was recording. I have no idea how that even worked, to be honest... The point is, yeah. We gamed the system. Basic principle is, crawling guy would lie on top of the robot, who would use his hovering ability to reach the wall and act as the solid ground from which to crawl into the space. Lemme tell you, I was real proud when I came up with that one. It ain't much, but when you spend an entire afternoon cursing yourself and your complete incompetence, you latch on to anything to keep you going.

Oh yeah, i did this and a bunch of other shortcuts with my friend too.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dean's one of the best units in the game. This is one of the reasons why. Vengeance is amazing.

The best part is that i risked everything on the fact that Dean would trigger it, so if he didn't, I was fucked.

Edited by lightcosmo

Why did no one tell me that Faramir couldnt be injured or crippled!? Thats busted! Why is he so freaking stacked? Amazing skills, weapon levels, stats, prf weapon. They werent holding back there.

Edited by lightcosmo