Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

the following titles are touch screen puzzle games where you direct the Mini Marios to the exit by placing blocks and stuff in their path.

DS moment.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Did you know there were eight games in the franchise? I couldn't believe it myself when I heard it. I could've sworn there were like, three.

I'm sorry, eight?

*Googles* Ok so there's seven and half of the franchise was on the DS. 

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh no, I reset to get it.

I got it.

Percy choked the point.

Congrats.

I mean, Niles and the Sniper I caught in Possessed and maybe Yamato (The Mechanist from Sakura who I plan on making a Ballastician) and Ludwig can do some damage to the fliers.

That's not bad. Could be worse.

Maybe see if it works for you regardless.

One day.

When I succeeded she caught Nina again.

With her being able to double and 1-shot you can see why.

Soleil's great, yeah.

If you somehow pull it off there's over 20k sitting in that paralogue in Lunatic.

That'd be really difficult, though. Getting enemies to neatly position themselves to fill the entire dragon vein range would be hellishly hard.

It's almost like larger corporations are better able to control pricing as they please.

It's almost like larger corporations bad

And I'll still buy their fucking games when they interest me, because such is life

Just now, Armagon said:

I'm sorry, eight?

Yes, that was my reaction as well.

Just now, Armagon said:

*Googles* Ok so there's seven and half of the franchise was on the DS.

Hah! No, not even. Three of them were on the 3DS, with two of those also available on the Wii U.

Honestly, the only ones that are worth playing are Donkey Kong on the GB, Mario vs Donkey Kong on the GBA and the first of the DS titles. After that it pretty much became a shovelware series, from what I can tell. Which is a real shame, the GBA one was so good.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fair enough. Did Derrick see any use?

Damnit, Cosmo. Why must you always be like this? I'll bet you didn't even use Derrick.

Well... not really, nope. 

What can Derrick contribute to the team? From memory, he can only be used in main story missions, right?

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Enjoy it my friend. You got a two-in-one deal there, hopefully it's a good time.

Oh,

it is.😎 

Not necessarily the hardest nor most complicated SRPGs, but I don't care. For me, they're great.😄 I'm going to have to restrain myself to avoid burnout. Fortunately, that's what the OG1 & 2 split will be good for. Save the planet once, then a take just a little break and save it again, and again again b/c yay Ryusei-Kyosuke split means I'll be playing OG1 twice.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I really must applaud the devs here. I was hoping Gravity Rush 2 was an improvement over the first game and not only did it succeed at that, it exceeded all expectations i had going in. Truly impressive.

And glad to see you're enjoying your stuff between this and DMC5!😀

Are games with one-off gravity gimmicks always going to feel tripe from here on out?

37 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well... not really, nope. 

Damnit, Cosmo.

What can Derrick contribute to the team?

In some maps he straight up cannot move. He contributes hilarity.

...honestly though, his huge bulk does give him some limited use in a few maps. He's intentionally bad, but still not Wendy-tier bad, funnily enough.

From memory, he can only be used in main story missions, right?

Sidequests. He's unavailable in main missions until his permanent recruitment.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damnit, Cosmo.

In some maps he straight up cannot move. He contributes hilarity.

...honestly though, his huge bulk does give him some limited use in a few maps. He's intentionally bad, but still not Wendy-tier bad, funnily enough.

Sidequests. He's unavailable in main missions until his permanent recruitment.

Damn it, Ruben!

Thats... Useful. I could see him as a decent wall in some maps, honestly.

Got it, thank you.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

After that it pretty much became a shovelware series, from what I can tell. Which is a real shame, the GBA one was so good.

Yeah pretty much.

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

it is.😎

That is a banger song.

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are games with one-off gravity gimmicks always going to feel tripe from here on out?

I'm not even sure if we'll get something like Gravity Rush 2 again tbh. Like yeah, games with gravity mechanics are nothing new but i can't think of any besides this franchise that gives you such complete control over it in a three-dimensional space.

If by some miracle, we get a Gravity Rush 3, i'll take it but i also wouldn't know how to feel about it if the original devs aren't working on it. They've left to found their own studio but that means Sony keeps the Gravity Rush IP and they'll do nothing with it. Best i can hope for is a spiritual successor.

22 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Damn it, Ruben!

Double damnit, Cosmo!

Thats... Useful. I could see him as a decent wall in some maps, honestly.

Yeah, for as much of a joke unit he was designed to be, he can be surprisingly okay in the small earlygame sidequests. He's also great against the final boss.

Got it, thank you.

No problem.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That is a banger song.

Thanks to the character it belongs to, it's actually the first battle theme you hear in OG1 if you pick Ryusei as the lead. Albeit only for the first fight.

Amazingly just as good in the GBA form where the tune originated. Need I say I'm fond of it?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm not even sure if we'll get something like Gravity Rush 2 again tbh. Like yeah, games with gravity mechanics are nothing new but i can't think of any besides this franchise that gives you such complete control over it in a three-dimensional space.

That I can see readily on paper as being quite the achievement in itself. 2D with gravity flipping isn't difficult, but the z-axis increases the technical demands to keep the game from being an ugly glitchfest by magnitudes.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

It's not supposed to sound like that, but this sounds like a sick burn to me.

Oops.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Wait why do you need an item to see where you are on the map, that's stupid.

Eh, most Souls games don't even give you a map, and it's kinda cool to navigate based on guessing. At least to me.

Plus, you get it, like, ten minutes into the game IIRC. It's a pretty good risk-reward system, since you can have it for easier navigating or can use something to improve your combat during that navigation. Or both, depending on which Charms you like.

I like Metroidvanias, I should be fine.

Well, since you're prolly good at them, it'll take you less time than me!

'Morning, all!

Hope Sooks is doing OK, it's been a couple days since he's been here.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Double damnit, Cosmo!

Yeah, for as much of a joke unit he was designed to be, he can be surprisingly okay in the small earlygame sidequests. He's also great against the final boss.

No problem.

Triple damnit, Ruben!

Aside from any map where speed is absoloutely necessary, I assume he would be fine.

❤️

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Congratulations to you too! I've heard great things of that game, so it doesn't surprise me too much you've enjoyed it.

Thanks!
And yes I can only recommend this game.

Wait why do you need an item to see where you are on the map, that's stupid.

It's interchangable, only really necessary when you have entered an area for the first time.

Whenever you are on a resting bench, you can drop it.

Those warping magic enemies in the City of Tears are so annoying

4 minutes ago, Julizan said:

Whenever you are on a resting bench, you can drop it.

But then you will not see where you are and possibly get lost. I personally equip it all the time

Warping enemies in City Of Tears?

I can't remember any.

Only these flying spearthrowers were annoying because hard to hit in the air.

City Of Tears was actually one of the least stressful places for me although it featured the most annoying main story boss in the game

Spoiler

Knight Watchers

And yes I mainly kept this item since it only took one notch.

On to Chapter/Scenario/Episode 6, and I'm reintroduced to one of my old favorites, now with a fanslation name alteration (and their own personal battle theme).:

gsdx-20211119230110.png

Literally a genius, the only way she could be more of a genius would be if she was a half-elf shota.

As for what it does...

gsdx-20211119232438.png

With no costs, conditions, or requirements whatsoever!

gsdx-20211119230153.png

Sure this shy 14-year-old is in a fighter jet, which is small size-wise for an evasion modifier, and has naturally high Mobility. But considering Latune/Latooni's two fighter jet companions are facing a ~50% chance of being hit and are just as liable to being 1-2HKO'ed as her, this is good.

Add a casting of Focus beforehand.:

gsdx-20211119231155.png

Six battles in, and I have a character who is virtually untouchable. No wonder they implemented decaying evasion rates on subsequent rounds of combat later on in SRW. This is busted, and will stay that way through the game. The Messer is long-term junk, but that's why she'll call dibs on the Wildraubtier later. It might not get the Schnabel upgrade until PS3/4 OG, but it'll do for the first super robot war of the OGverse.

Great ta see ya again Lat!😄

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

SRW has come a long way to include stuff that isn't strictly speaking mechas, but back when I first saw OG I found it oddly to see just regular fighter aircraft in the game, and not transforming ones like the Valkyrie Fighters of Macross. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

There we go, I finished my second run of The Lonely Mirror. I already liked this hack my first time around, but the additions from update 3.0 are amazing. The two new gaidens are wonderful, the new units are both fun, and friendly mode is, in my humble opinion, much more reasonable and fun than the original difficulty. I think at this point I'm ready to push it to third best hack I've played. TLP drops to fourth, because Lonely Mirror also does creative unit concepts while having much more competent maps and story. And beards. The portrait art is a little rough around the edges sometimes, but I love most of the designs enough to look past it.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Hope Sooks is doing OK, it's been a couple days since he's been here.

He's around, just less active lately. I'm guessing school is keeping him busy.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Triple damnit, Ruben!

Quadruple damnit, Cosmo!

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Aside from any map where speed is absoloutely necessary, I assume he would be fine.

Well, I wasn't joking. There are maps where he straight up cannot move because his terrain penalties are absurd.

52 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

gsdx-20211119230110.png

Literally a genius, the only way she could be more of a genius would be if she was a half-elf shota.

Latune Herbboot.

Only Acacia will get this one.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Su bota, her boot? Eh? Hey I never said it was a funny joke, I only said you'd get it.

Ah, you were translating it. Though the word itself is Slavic for Saturday.

Thought that was also Spanish, and you were thinking I'd get it out of that but since Castillian Spanish isn't my native dialect then I was actually missing out whatever you were trying to do there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, you were translating it. Though the word itself is Slavic for Saturday.

Huh. Well, you learn something new every day. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Thought that was also Spanish, and you were thinking I'd get it out of that but since Castillian Spanish isn't my native dialect then I was actually missing out whatever you were trying to do there.

Oh... Is "bota" not how you call "boot" over in Latin America? I know there are plenty of differences, but I'd never heard of this one.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG

"Hello, this is the 4th wall.

Please stop, you're killing me."