• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I really have to wonder, instead of putting him on a magical plot device throne, why wouldn't they just go and ask Garon about the secret realm? The man is so bad at lying that he'd probably go "mwahahah, yes! Of course I know of this hidden kingdom! Valla, the realm of my master Anankos, for whom I intend to destroy both Nohr and Hoshido! Rebellions are like seeds!" before they even finished asking the question.

And Xander will still follow him blindly

Edited by Shrimp γ

2 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

And Xander will still follow him blindly

Xander couldn't see Garon T-posing on his throne right in front of him until Leo pointed it out. He also couldn't see his sister running towards him from the side. He also can't see that his dad has gray skin and is generally cartoonishly evil. At this point I wouldn't find the idea of Xander actually being blind too outlandish.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let me guess, Caesar and Radd?

Caesar and Radd have high growths? They’re units who randomly show up while having zero lines (Caesar actually might have said something, I don’t remember that well) in classes you’ve already got, a couple chapters after those characters with worse bases. They scream “bad Shadow Dragon replacement units” and hit the bench like that.

I was talking about Maria and Linde.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You must continue Disco Elysium also. Otherwise your score of recommendations with me will fall from a perfect 2 out of 2 to an imperfect 2 out of 3, and you will join the unbased masses in not seeing greatness where I see it.

Seriously though, Disco is so fucking good.

But it got kinda dull.

Like, I have fun playing it but then find myself with zero motivation to continue.

28 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

All those black tones everywhere have to cause your eyes to deteriorate eventually. Nohr needs more color.

I'm still sure it's the furrowed brow. You know that mom threat that goes "if you keep making that face, your face will be stuck that way"? That's what happened to Xander. He frowned so much, he can't make any other face now. He also has no peripheral vision because the frown blocks his eyes.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Caesar and Radd have high growths? They’re units who randomly show up while having zero lines (Caesar actually might have said something, I don’t remember that well) in classes you’ve already got, a couple chapters after those characters with worse bases. They scream “bad Shadow Dragon replacement units” and hit the bench like that.

I was talking about Maria and Linde.

And Maria and Linde have high growths? Maria's growths are complete and utter dogshit, other than luck which doesn't matter. She's very much still "bad Shadow Dragon replacement unit." As for Linde, she has decent magic but bad speed. Aura is her one real asset.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But it got kinda dull.

Like, I have fun playing it but then find myself with zero motivation to continue.

Eh, I suppose I get it. I mean, there's a lot of text, the pace is slow and it spends a lot of time establishing characters and worldbuilding. It's all really important and it pays off later, but I can understand growing impatient if you're not a fan of story-heavy games.

Not so nice when you're the one on the receiving end, eh? Not so nice, eh!? I'm not bitter, you're bitter! Cry me a river!

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe not, but he can make everyone else tank better. Can Nephenee do that? Didn't think so. Can Nephenee kill the final boss? In one round? Of course not.

Nephenee's forced not to by skills, Haitaka's only limited by skills. (Also, the fact you used Brave Lance to kill is still kinda impressive but still needed the risky Quixotic which just seems too much for me)

And her tanking so well means others don't have to, duh.

L'Arachel protag would be so much better than both Eirika and Ephraim, it's not even funny.

Are we starting a cult for this?

I really have to wonder, instead of putting him on a magical plot device throne, why wouldn't they just go and ask Garon about the secret realm? The man is so bad at lying that he'd probably go "mwahahah, yes! Of course I know of this hidden kingdom! Valla, the realm of my master Anankos, for whom I intend to destroy both Nohr and Hoshido! Rebellions are like seeds!" before they even finished asking the question.

Because Xander and Leo are dumb enough to think he's just being senile again.

Played some Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 with my friend. We are beginning to question where we went wrong to have ended up in this situation. In my case, the mistake was spending money on this game and not refunding it alongside the first one. In his case, it was pushing me to select legend difficulty.

Is it that bad?

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Xander couldn't see Garon T-posing on his throne right in front of him until Leo pointed it out. He also couldn't see his sister running towards him from the side. He also can't see that his dad has gray skin and is generally cartoonishly evil. At this point I wouldn't find the idea of Xander actually being blind too outlandish.

Xander needs his contacts.

The real conquest will be him getting him to an optician's.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yep, and in Revelation Azura specifically stops Corrin from saying Anankos at least once in fear of the curse. The curse as we know it is a lie, Azura is just manipulating Corrin into doing her dirty work don't listen to her...

Evil Azura

todd-howard-it-just-works.gif

Edited by Dayni

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And Maria and Linde have high growths? Maria's growths are complete and utter dogshit, other than luck which doesn't matter. She's very much still "bad Shadow Dragon replacement unit." As for Linde, she has decent magic but bad speed. Aura is her one real asset.

Linde’s only not leveled speed like 3 times so… that was a thing that happened.

I don’t know if Maria’s levels have been very comparable to Lena’s because it felt like they both got luck and nothing else, but if her growths are bad then oof.

Lena hit 20 a couple chapters ago, though, so it’s not like she needed the exp (or staff rank, iirc).

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, I suppose I get it. I mean, there's a lot of text, the pace is slow and it spends a lot of time establishing characters and worldbuilding. It's all really important and it pays off later, but I can understand growing impatient if you're not a fan of story-heavy games.

Not so nice when you're the one on the receiving end, eh? Not so nice, eh!? I'm not bitter, you're bitter! Cry me a river!

But this is the part where I would say Trails gameplay good, so the game is still enjoyable when the story hasn’t gone anywhere yet.

The other day I remembered Terraria exists. Today I have decided to play it again.

I did two runs previously. In my first, I built a really simple wooden house in the plains. In my second, I tried building a cathedral in a snow biome. It was shaping up to look really awesome, but I ended up giving up. To this time, I'll go for a less ambitious project: I will live in an inverted pyramid floating over a natural oasis. If anyone's interested, I'll post some pics when it starts getting somewhere. Right now I'm still in the "oh God I underestimated how much sand I'm going to need for this" phase.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Nephenee's forced not to by skills, Haitaka's only limited by skills. (Also, the fact you used Brave Lance to kill is still kinda impressive but still needed the risky Quixotic which just seems too much for me)

Risky Quixotic? Takumi proccing Vengeance was actually vital for the strategy, as it put Haitaka low enough that Takumi attacked before his army, allowing Zhara to block the shot and giving Haitaka an opening to finish the job. Quixotic did nothing but help!

And her tanking so well means others don't have to, duh.

You would regret that if Tellius units weren't overpowered.

Are we starting a cult for this?

Let's do a petition instead. Everyone knows if enough people sign a petition, Nintendo is legally obligated to obey.

Because Xander and Leo are dumb enough to think he's just being senile again.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprised.

Is it that bad?

Part of it is that we suck ass, but it's so fucking hard.

Xander needs his contacts.

The real conquest will be him getting him to an optician's.

Fire Emblem: Binding Diopters

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Linde’s only not leveled speed like 3 times so… that was a thing that happened.

35% speed growth. Not the worst ever, but certainly low enough that yours is probably blessed.

I don’t know if Maria’s levels have been very comparable to Lena’s because it felt like they both got luck and nothing else, but if her growths are bad then oof.

They're all around 20%. Though to be fair, all the Shadow Dragon healers have growths like that. Lena is only better than her competition because of instant warp access - honestly, all three of them are pretty samey. You'll get the same results out of Lena, Wrys and Maria - which is to say, worse than Wendell, Boah and Etzel.

Lena hit 20 a couple chapters ago, though, so it’s not like she needed the exp (or staff rank, iirc).

Lena does join pretty early. Not earlier than Wrys, though.

But this is the part where I would say Trails gameplay good, so the game is still enjoyable when the story hasn’t gone anywhere yet.

I so wish I could get a version of Trails without the gameplay. It does nothing but be insufferable for me. Where is the Trails VN, Shrimpy? Give me the Trails VN. Convert me to your cult at last, or forever let me remain Gharnef.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Risky Quixotic? Takumi proccing Vengeance was actually vital for the strategy, as it put Haitaka low enough that Takumi attacked before his army, allowing Zhara to block the shot and giving Haitaka an opening to finish the job. Quixotic did nothing but help!

See, I hadn't seen the video in a while, I forgot that was the strat.

Bet Fates devs didn't expect that, did they?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You would regret that if Tellius units weren't overpowered.

Says the guy arguing Haitaka is. 😛

But regardless, back on Conquest mine's..... sadly a bit underdefensive. I also had to reset a level where he capped Str last chapter. But he's level 14 as a spear master, he should be good for the rest of it.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They're all around 20%. Though to be fair, all the Shadow Dragon healers have growths like that. Lena is only better than her competition because of instant warp access - honestly, all three of them are pretty samey. You'll get the same results out of Lena, Wrys and Maria - which is to say, worse than Wendell, Boah and Etzel.

So I wasn’t missing out on much in fe1 by the dumb way you have to train staff locked units.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lena does join pretty early. Not earlier than Wrys, though.

Aren’t his growths horribly bad? I mean, he’s a unit you like. There’s always a catch with the units you like.

Just now, TheChoZenOne said:

What even is this thread? First time here, and see it's on popular topic. *Confused Tee hee*

Just a chat thread for the most part. Talk about whatever you want.

Just now, Sooks said:

So I wasn’t missing out on much in fe1 by the dumb way you have to train staff locked units.

Yeah, you're not missing out on much of anything imo with SDatBoL.

7 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

LOL I see. That's pretty funny and cool. Here have this epic Owain for the chosen few here 👀

Fire Emblem Cipher S14 - Text-Free Artwork.jpeg

Is that Seigfried and Raijinto?

Clearly dual weilding is the next step in Fire Emblem

22 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

What even is this thread? First time here, and see it's on popular topic. *Confused Tee hee*

Welcome, lost lamb!

Welcome to the best thread on the whole internet!

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Where is the Trails VN, Shrimpy? Give me the Trails VN. Convert me to your cult at last, or forever let me remain Gharnef.

lparchive

25 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Just a general chat thread. Welcome!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why... Why are you...

Why are you playing Super Thracia, Cosmo!?

I like their graphical work!

That and their map changes are kinda neat, not the events, just the maps. Well all except ch 11X of course.

38 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Ruben, am curious: why is PoR on the bottom of your list?

Well, at this point I figure you've realized I'm more of a gameplay than story guy when it comes to this wonderful, wonderful series called Fire Emblem. As such, PoR having a good story is a point that amounts to nothing if it isn't accompanied by robust gameplay. And that is where PoR falls flat on its face - It's the most boring FE, which for me is a bigger problem than being the worst FE. I consider Awakening to be the worst FE in every single relevant aspect (except map design, Gaiden beats it there), but I had fun powering through half of it in a single afternoon and being astonished at how utterly incompetent at everything it was.

PoR is an exercise in boredom. It is the easiest game in the series, beating Sacred Stones (not by much admittedly, but I believe it beats it), everyone becomes overpowered really easily and BEXP doesn't help, and it is also one of the slowest games in the series, with sluggish animations even with the "animations off" option and a focus on enemy phase with enemy density that is way too high for their extremely shitty quality.

Combined, these flaws made me feel like I was sitting in the classroom, desperately daydreaming and staring at different points of the wall in an attempt to make the minutes while away faster. And I didn't drop the game too quickly - I made it all the way to chapter 21. But while it was never good, there came a point (if I had to pinpoint an exact time, I'd say it was around the time Tanith and her hilariously broken "reinforce" ability joined) where every single chapter consisted of watching the game play itself reeeeeeally slowly over the course of 45 minutes per map. I couldn't do it anymore. I would've rather play anything than subject myself to one more second of that dreadful game.

So, I didn't. I quit, put it at the bottom of the list, and never looked back. I may be way more vocal about my hatred for Three Houses, or how hilariously bad I find Awakening's gameplay and Fates's story, but there are things I genuinely appreciate about all of those. Path of Radiance? Yeah, it has Titania. That's pretty much the only good thing I can come up with. Everything else is terrible, and not even in a fun or endearing way.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You missed out because you didn't use Wrys, who is a funnyman.

Aren’t his growths horribly bad? I mean, he’s a unit you like. There’s always a catch with the units you like.

Wrys is just as bad as Lena and Maria, but he's also a random-ass bald man who joins for no reason. He's lovable and huggable. Use him.

29 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

We like arguing about why our opinions are always right and everyone else is less smart for disagreeing.

Don't be scared, I'm just joking. We're generally pretty chill. Even when we argue.

25 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

LOL I see. That's pretty funny and cool. Here have this epic Owain for the chosen few here 👀

Fire Emblem Cipher S14 - Text-Free Artwork.jpeg

Oh hey, it's Odin.

6 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

lparchive

Oh yeah.

Maybe one of these days I should continue reading that LP. I kinda stopped for... no bigger reason than it was too much text and I wasn't feeling like it then. But I've been on a bit of a story game mood for a while now.

...Oooooor I could spend my braincells on Steins;Gate instead when it finally goes on sale. Yeah, that sounds better to me.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I like their graphical work!

Every Echoes fan be like

That and their map changes are kinda neat, not the events, just the maps. Well all except ch 11X of course.

Hoo, boy... Well, good luck, then. From what I've heard of the hack, you'll need it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio