Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Ok so, in Banner Saga, if you move, you are committed to it. If you move to a spot and you realize it's a bad position, too bad. Your only options after are too attack and wait.

This is not a good thing.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

And done, got the hundred steel ingots. I'd say, the Steelyard is such cool area. Specially climbing to the top of the giant furnace and seeing the city ruins. Skyscrapers still standing but either half-decayed or with chunks missing, all against a radioactive and polluted atmosphere. Eerie for even post-apocalypse standards, heh. Well, stopping for now. Will continue some other day.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok so, in Banner Saga, if you move, you are committed to it. If you move to a spot and you realize it's a bad position, too bad. Your only options after are too attack and wait.

So its like FFT, then? 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

FErmU8vX0AEc6Ab?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Well, time to expand my SRPG playlist @Sooks @Saint Rubenio. If it sucks, i will cancel Ruben's life subscription as punishment.

Yes, that’s right. If the game is bad it is entirely Ruben to blame and absolutely no one else. If the game is good I get all the credit though.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In the game’s defense, you don’t gain any new information after you’ve moved. All the info you’re working with should be available from before you love that character, unless you’re too lazy to do simple math.

That’s not really an excuse, it would have been such an easy feature to implement that they absolutely should let you change position if you feel you want to after the fact, but it should never be the main thing that kills you.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is Ruben’s favorite character btw. I’m sure you can see why.

He’s actually one of my favorites as well, but that’s for completely different reasons.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Rest in peace Egil or whatever his name was. Only got one scene before he became pancake.

Smh. But if it makes you feel better, Ruben got that death as well. Not me though, because I’m that awesome.

Never mind the fact he died like five chapters later.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Chooses to serve as distraction

>Iver is still injured because i forgot to rest

I have made a terrible mistake.

It is a crime to ever do anything to Iver, he is the best character and I will not allow this.

Seriously though, characters being injured in-battle never affects the outcome of any choices or the story, so there’s no need to worry about that impacting your choices. Now straight up losing battles will impact the story and who dies, so try not to do that.

Ok so first impressions of Banner Saga is that it is very slow. Like the game itself is very slow, you can awkwardly speed up how fast your units go but enemy units don't get that. Hopefully the later games have a speed-up feature.

Anyways, back to Sakura Wars.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is Ruben’s favorite character btw. I’m sure you can see why

So i will be sure to kill him too unless the game will not let me. 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Now straight up losing battles will impact the story and who dies, so try not to do that

So there's no actual game over. There is something worse (as in, worse things happen). Interesting.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So i will be sure to kill him too unless the game will not let me. 

I definitely recommend not doing this for story purposes. He is actually a pretty cool character.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So there's no actual game over. There is something worse (as in, worse things happen). Interesting.

There are, iirc, 3 battles across the series that the game says you absolutely have to win. Other than that, though, the game continues if you lose. The lives of your characters don’t, though.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I definitely recommend not doing this for story purposes. He is actually a pretty cool character.

Hey that's exactly what Ruben said about Zeke TearRing Saga. Guess what i did to Zeke.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Other than that, though, the game continues if you lose. The lives of your characters don’t, though.

This gave me a chuckle.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey that's exactly what Ruben said about Zeke TearRing Saga. Guess what i did to Zeke.

Yeah, but this time you’re getting it from Sooks. You know, the guy who you agree with on all the characters you both love, like uh…

Me trying to read the tutorial for Koi-Koi Wars

mrw-i-reset-back-to-zoom-after-being-on-

59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, but this time you’re getting it from Sooks. You know, the guy who you agree with on all the characters you both love, like uh…

Yeah but it sounds like killing Ludin would be funny.

After all, the tutorial made a point to kill him.

There's also something oddly hilarious that after a lot of games where both Combattler and Voltes are treated as brother mechas with both teams getting along quite well, that in 30 basically boils down to:

H7P9wzH.jpeg

Courtesy that both come from different dimensions this time around. lol

Well, actually, this happened before in SRW L already, but in there they hit it off well instead. Well, in 30 it's mostly Hyoma the one feeling the need to prove superior to Voltes.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

My eyes are so bleary. Too much of a good thing, I completely lost track of time and any notion of restraint. And yet ...just two more battles... and Bian shall die.🥱 Going to need to come up for a breather of a day or three after that concludes tomorrow. Swap back to NEO, maybe go outside and engage in a little manual labor.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

If it sucks, i will cancel Ruben's life subscription as punishment.

Due to the stylized font, for a brief moment, I read it as "Badder Saga".😄

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

unknown.png

No, Char, not again!

Oh dear, I'm getting vibes from this...

Screen-Shot-2021-11-21-at-12-38-45-AM.pnScreen-Shot-2021-11-21-at-12-39-21-AM.pn

Context- this came out of freakin' nowhere.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh dear, I'm getting vibes from this...

Screen-Shot-2021-11-21-at-12-38-45-AM.pnScreen-Shot-2021-11-21-at-12-39-21-AM.pn

Context- this came out of freakin' nowhere.

Yeah, well, not exactly. lol

Besides, at this point Char still has Nanai.

10 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

I mean, I mostly just play Fire Emblem lol. Been considering finishing up some of the Ace Attorney games I've yet to beat over the winter.

Ayy, Ace Attorney! I've played the original trilogy, Apollo Justice, the two Investigations and GAA. So basically, all of them except for the 3DS ones. It's a great series.

The main game I'm enjoying rn is a New Mystery maniac ironman I'm doing in my spare time.

Oh boy. I did one myself not too long ago. I lost all my axe users in chapter 16, it was a great success.

I'm on chapter 11, and I've only lost units I'm not using...except for Draug. That man was so stat blessed, then a ridersbane got him on the one chapter I reclassed him to cav. I was quite sad. Otherwise, I'm doing pretty well in it. Giving all my xp to my man Warren.

I think I've only used Warren once, a ton of years ago. I always mean to use him though, he has a nice design.

I feel the same way. My brother actually beat me to it, but it was on Hard, so maybe I can one-up him in the future.

Good luck with that!

The classic A support with Ike and Titania you get only by bringing her to nearly every chapter in the entire game. I thought she'd get weaker by then as a Jagen. She freaking capped 3 stats. She really is a cool character. Why couldn't they just balance her?

Path of Radiance's gameplay was... clearly not the devs' priority.

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

My most recent (and only) playthrough is up to the Dungeon; though technically my friend did most of the work in defeating Plantera, so I'd rather do that on my own before moving on. That isn't to say that I haven't done anything on my own, I have a few valuable items like a cell phone, a golden fishing rod, and a Godly Keyblade... er, Keybrand, which must be the reason why Sora in in Smash Bros.

I beat the game once, but it was so long ago. I'm not even sure if the "end" back then is still the end now lol.

9 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

I haven't beaten the Great Ace Attorney games and Spirit of Justice. Investigations 2 is my favorite one.

Ahh, a fellow based, I see.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

FErmU8vX0AEc6Ab?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Well, time to expand my SRPG playlist @Sooks @Saint Rubenio.

Here we go.

I'll say this right now, in the unlikely event you enjoy the first one - it may be three games, but I prefer to consider them parts of one bigger game. Mechanically they're similar with some improvements here and there, the story picks up where the previous game left off and you can import your save to maintain your characters and decisions. So there's really no point in stopping between games, playing them all in a row as one game is the best way to handle it.

Boy I cannot wait for you to make mistakes.

If it sucks, i will cancel Ruben's life subscription as punishment.

I'd like to see you try.

Rugga better start counting his days.

Nooo not Rugga, my favorite character.

gy85nwexivk11.png

this-is-getting-out-of-hand-now-there-ar

Bro the suicide attacks are super telegraphed. If you're dying to them, you're just bad lol.

Yes.

Absolutely.

My friend and I suck big time. I will not deny it, because I would be lying.

...Honestly though, Gremory's nuke attack was not well telegraphed. Sure, you can see her charging up the nuke in the background, but it's anybody's guess where the nuke will actually land. My friend was panicking on the right side of the screen and I was shuffling in the middle. The nuke landed and murdered us both instantly before we could even react.

Because he has bad opinions.

Hahahaha

Who else but Armagon?

This is not a good thing if you're impatient and don't think things through.

Seriously though, I've never had a problem with this. As Sooks said, you have all the information you need before you move. You just need to get used to thinking your moves through. And even if you don't, it's usually not that big of a deal. Source, it's happened to me because I am not a smart man.

Ludin getting the shit beat out of him for a tutorial was the point where I realized I was going to love this series.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Rest in peace Egil or whatever his name was. Only got one scene before he became pancake.

Ahahahaha

Yes

You're already fucking up

Shut up I totally didn't make the same exact mistake in my first run, I totally didn't

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

This is Ruben’s favorite character btw. I’m sure you can see why.

Sooks NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

He’s actually one of my favorites as well, but that’s for completely different reasons.

Okay that might protect him a bit.

Ok so first impressions of Banner Saga is that it is very slow. Like the game itself is very slow, you can awkwardly speed up how fast your units go but enemy units don't get that. Hopefully the later games have a speed-up feature.

That's... an interesting assessment. I thought I was the king of hating slow games and yet I had no problem with Banner Saga.

So i will be sure to kill him too unless the game will not let me. 

Goddamnit, Sooks, what have you done.

To be completely honest, there are some battles that game over you if you lose them. I think I've seen like, four over the entire series? But you can lose most battles. Up to and including the final battle of the series, if you can believe that. I would recommend not resetting, failing is part of the experience.

Welp.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but it sounds like killing Ludin would be funny.

After all, the tutorial made a point to kill him.

Okay, to be completely fair, I cannot deny this point.

Oh great, one of the things I dislike about FFT.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Context- there was none

FIFY