Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I lie in bed trying to sleep, and one thought snuck its way to my mind.

I wanna play Conquest.

You could say you're destined to seek it beyond your sleep, just out of reach?

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Or maybe SGW. I'm not sure.

I really would like to sleep, though.

30 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

you could even say it's Fates calling to you to play it

Pfft.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You could say you're destined to seek it beyond your sleep, just out of reach?

Fates is like the ocean's gray waves, yes. You know what else is like the ocean's gray waves?

Garon.

8 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

g4td8lrisv081.png

Hector as Patrick makes so much sense.

22 hours ago, Armagon said:

It really would be up to Toho.

Now Kong on the other hand, has a much higher chance.

We need Kong. The world needs him. Kong is actually owned by Universal, and WB just has the rights to the original film and distributes the MonsterVerse, so I'm not sure if Kong is actually more likely. Though Kong appeared in The Lego Batman Movie, Ready Player One, and the second Space Jam... for some reason, so who knows what's up with his rights? Toho has collaborated with many other companies so I don't think they would have a problem with Godzilla showing up, unless they don't want him to be made too small.

Warner Bros. apparently has something to do with Stone Ocean's anime, which means Jotaro and Dio are definitely getting in.

In other news, it turns out you only have to pay to upgrade Windows, not install it, so I have it now. Now I can play Team Fortress... wait, I don't have enough storage space for that at the moment. I don't think my laptop could run it anyway. What did I download this for again?

If I do get Trails in the Sky, is there any advice for first-time players? Aside from knowing that you'll get every game years after Japan, that is.

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If I do get Trails in the Sky, is there any advice for first-time players? Aside from knowing that you'll get every game years after Japan, that is.

dont give up on the story a few hours in. Xd

I can't believe i just now realized this. Gravity Rush 1 opens up with a red apple falling down from a tree in the sky because get it, Isaac Newton. In Gravity Rush 2, Kat has a song tied to her call A Red Apple fell from the Sky.

In both games, whenever Kat shifts gravity, she turns and glows red.

GRAVITY_RUSHTM_2_20211119172238.jpg?widt

GRAVITY_RUSHTM_2_20211119171951.jpg?widt

A red apple fell from the sky.

This has made me appreciate the red glow because i actually wasn't the biggest fan of it throughout my playthroughs of both games.

2 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

inb4 i end up liking the gimmicks people complain about all the time lol.

Me and Ruben would have found a comrade.

20 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Kong is actually owned by Universal, and WB just has the rights to the original film and distributes the MonsterVerse, so I'm not sure if Kong is actually more likely. Though Kong appeared in The Lego Batman Movie, Ready Player One, and the second Space Jam... for some reason, so who knows what's up with his rights?

Nah, the thing with Kong is that the character itself (and the original story) is public domain. Universal owns the 2005 movie and incarnation. WB owns the MonsterVerse incarnation. That's why Kong appeared in other WB properties.

22 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If I do get Trails in the Sky, is there any advice for first-time players?

If you're going for all the sidequests, God forbid you make an inch of story progress.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

dont give up on the story a few hours in. Xd

This is a Ruben subtweet.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

fify

If there is a Missed Potential: The FE, it's Three Houses.

Based Ruben.

What? Just cause I like the game doesn’t mean I don’t think it as missed potential. Much more than any other FE.

40 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I don’t know how much you’ve read about the series from this thread, but if it’s a lot, then I’d lower your expectations a bit. A few of us have said very good things about Trails in the Sky, but most of that is directed at Trails in the Sky SC and the 3rd. That’s not to say FC is a bad game (far from it, it’s a fantastic experience on its own), but don’t expect to immediately get God’s gift to video game plots the second you boot up the game. The story will get there, like we’ve said, but don’t expect absolute peak fiction right out of the gate (the plot is still pretty interesting and very well written- again, not bad, just not god tier yet).

If you start playing and you’re confused by the quartz system, @Shrimp γ has a very easy to understand tutorial he can send you if you ask.

Lastly, if a battle is too difficult, use the craft Kaempfer on the character Kloe. You’re welcome.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Don't be me and take 30 hours getting through the first 1/4 of the game.

57 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Lastly, if a battle is too difficult, use the craft Kaempfer on the character Kloe. You’re welcome.

Or use Lower Difficulty option on the battles after you lose.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Nah, the thing with Kong is that the character itself (and the original story) is public domain. Universal owns the 2005 movie and incarnation. WB owns the MonsterVerse incarnation. That's why Kong appeared in other WB properties.

While Kong's legal status is... complicated, he can't be completely in public domain because otherwise Toho would've given him a rematch with Godzilla long before 2021. The name, character, and story of King Kong were ruled as being owned by Merian C. Cooper's estate and were subsequently sold to Universal (the Cooper estate kept the book rights), and it was just the publishing rights to the original novelization that were public domain. I don't know how the MonsterVerse fits into this, but Kong: Skull Island was initially being developed with Universal, and it's likely that Warner Bros. owns the rights to the Kong films they made.

The thing is, Universal doesn't own the concept of a big gorilla kidnapping a lady and climbing a building, so Nintendo making their own big gorilla who kidnaps a lady and climbs a building doesn't infringe Universal's copyright. Universal would have a case if Donkey Kong was actually called "King Kong", but he isn't.

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know how much you’ve read about the series from this thread, but if it’s a lot, then I’d lower your expectations a bit. A few of us have said very good things about Trails in the Sky, but most of that is directed at Trails in the Sky SC and the 3rd. That’s not to say FC is a bad game (far from it, it’s a fantastic experience on its own), but don’t expect to immediately get God’s gift to video game plots the second you boot up the game. The story will get there, like we’ve said, but don’t expect absolute peak fiction right out of the gate (the plot is still pretty interesting and very well written- again, not bad, just not god tier yet).

Don't worry, I've already played Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the true God's gift to video game plots. I'm more interested in Zero and Azure anyway, but apparently I have to play the Sky games first. I'm not really concerned about that, though I am a bit apprehensive about the game being too long. I also wanted to know if there was any optional or easily missable content worth doing.

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

Don't be me and take 30 hours getting through the first 1/4 of the game.

You still haven't finished Xenoblade 2, so it seems you just like taking your time with JRPGS.

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

but that's cheating

Yes

LeaCool2.gif

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

and it was just the publishing rights to the original novelization that were public domain.

Ah right. Looking into it more

"In a four-day bench trial in Los Angeles, Judge Manuel Real made the final decision and gave his verdict on November 24, 1976, affirming that the King Kong novelization and serialization were indeed in the public domain, and Universal could make its movie as long as it did not infringe on original elements in the 1933 RKO film, which had not passed into the public domain"

So it seems you can make a Kong story so long as it doesn't infringe on the original film. But then it's still complicated because it's still a clusterfuck.

Damn it Disney.

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You still haven't finished Xenoblade 2, so it seems you just like taking your time with JRPGS.

To be fair, it and Dark Souls can't coexist on the Switch, and I'm tryin' to speedrun the latter.

Plus, I'm only at 56 hours at chapter 6! There's only nine, right? I'm on pace for sub 100...

Don't worry, I've already played Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the true God's gift to video game plots.

Ah, I remember the days before I was enlightened.

I'm more interested in Zero and Azure anyway

But like, why? Don’t tell me it’s Rixia…

I'm not really concerned about that, though I am a bit apprehensive about the game being too long. I also wanted to know if there was any optional or easily missable content worth doing.

FC was about 60 hours with me having done literally every side quest I found (which is to say, all but 3) and should be around 40-50 hours without doing that.

SC was 120 hours while having done literally every sidequest and I’m not sure what play time generally looks like without that. But I wouldn’t even worry about SC’s length if you get that far, because if you do get to SC you will finish it. SC immediately opens with the kino plot (which the last game ended on) and continues with it for essentially the whole game, you don’t have to deal with any “slow setup” or anything like that.

Don't worry, I've already played Yakuza 0, the true God's gift to video game plots. 

Fixed it for you.

Even though I'm the only one I know who likes it...

So...

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000165377

Apparently this is the reason the Huckebein 30/30th is the way it is. They took the model figure they did based on SRW V's Huckebein and only tweaked it slightly for a 30th anniversary edition release in order to save on costs, which was then very likely ordered to appear in the game in order to promote the figure.

Well, let not be said Bandai isn't a toy and figurine company first. Heck, it's also common in the very anime that show up in SRW. The Brave series was the biggest victim of this.

Edited by Acacia Sgt