Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Huh. For me she's better than her dad and Selena. Then again, I haven't used her dad or Selena long term, ever...

Well, her dad and Selena have both never been great for me, although I only ever used Laslow once in my very first run (which iirc was on normal) because I liked his voice and he was very okay too. Selena I’ve never used long term, though.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Looking at one of Shigure's supports confirmed his status as a Disney Prince. Who else is a Disney noble aside from him and Mordecai?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think I even levelled up Rallyman in my run. He has zero need for the class skills, his role is to rally all day long. I'd say go for it.

I mean, it's three levels he'll have to get for it, but that should be possible over the few levels.

18 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oooh, best check it incase it had little baby spiders hiding inside.

The real twist is that it's a grey beard made from cobweb.

Edited by Dayni

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah right. Looking into it more

"In a four-day bench trial in Los Angeles, Judge Manuel Real made the final decision and gave his verdict on November 24, 1976, affirming that the King Kong novelization and serialization were indeed in the public domain, and Universal could make its movie as long as it did not infringe on original elements in the 1933 RKO film, which had not passed into the public domain"

Also, what it says after that:

"However, on December 6, 1976, Judge Real made a subsequent ruling, which held that all the rights in the name, character, and story of King Kong (outside of the original film and its sequel) belonged to Merian C. Cooper's estate. This ruling, which became known as the "Cooper judgment", expressly stated that it would not change the previous ruling that publishing rights of the novel and serialization were in the public domain. It was a huge victory that affirmed the position Merian C. Cooper had maintained for years. Shortly thereafter, Richard Cooper sold all his rights (excluding worldwide book and periodical publishing rights) to Universal in December 1976."

So Universal owns most of the rights to King Kong, except for the movies they didn't make and the book rights. You can't just make a movie with King Kong in it, because otherwise Toho would've done that during the Heisei series. I suppose this means that anyone can rerelease the original novelization however. Maybe Warner Bros. owning the original King Kong gives them some leeway with using him in other movies?

19 hours ago, Benice said:

To be fair, it and Dark Souls can't coexist on the Switch, and I'm tryin' to speedrun the latter.

Plus, I'm only at 56 hours at chapter 6! There's only nine, right? I'm on pace for sub 100...

On one hand, the later chapters are shorter than the earlier ones, but on the other hand, you haven't reached Spirit Crucible Elpys yet. Good luck when you get to that.

17 hours ago, Sooks said:

But like, why? Don’t tell me it’s Rixia…

Well, not just Rixia. I don't know, I just find the characters I've seen there more interesting, possibly because you talked about Zero more recently in this thread. I'm sure I'll like Sky's characters well enough if I play it, but I don't know what to expect at this point.

17 hours ago, Sooks said:

FC was about 60 hours with me having done literally every side quest I found (which is to say, all but 3) and should be around 40-50 hours without doing that.

SC was 120 hours while having done literally every sidequest and I’m not sure what play time generally looks like without that. But I wouldn’t even worry about SC’s length if you get that far, because if you do get to SC you will finish it. SC immediately opens with the kino plot (which the last game ended on) and continues with it for essentially the whole game, you don’t have to deal with any “slow setup” or anything like that.

I suppose good pacing is more important than how long it takes to finish. A well-paced game won't feel very long, but a game that isn't paced well could drag on.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, her dad and Selena have both never been great for me, although I only ever used Laslow once in my very first run (which iirc was on normal) because I liked his voice and he was very okay too. Selena I’ve never used long term, though.

Selena's a weird character. She's one of those units that I see and I go "okay you I wanna use" but then I just never get around to doing it. Her design is pretty rad, but I just... never can be arsed for some reason. Heck, I've used Beruka, and Beruka is super forgettable.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Looking at one of Shigure's supports confirmed his status as a Disney Prince. Who else is a Disney noble aside from him and Mordecai?

Saul.

You know why.

I mean, it's three levels he'll have to get for it, but that should be possible over the few levels.

Yeah, feeding him a few kills shouldn't be too difficult. Leveling happens quickly in Fates.

The real twist is that it's a grey beard made from cobweb.

And if you wear it, you transform into Spider-gandalf.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Guess the stylist was so board not having any human hair to work on that she eventually settled for cobwebs.

Hey, you have to keep yourself entertained somehow while you're being held prisoner by spiders.

I guess you've played, or are at least somewhat familiar with Terraria, then? The word "stylist" doesn't appear anywhere on the screenshot I posted.

28 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'll ask again as I'll be a few days at this rate before trying Hinoka's map at this rate.

Should I level up Rallyman a few levels to get his class skills or should I just instantly reclass to Dark Falcon for Rally Mov?

insta reclass. He doesn't need to fight

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Selena's a weird character. She's one of those units that I see and I go "okay you I wanna use" but then I just never get around to doing it. Her design is pretty rad, but I just... never can be arsed for some reason. Heck, I've used Beruka, and Beruka is super forgettable

When i use her I usually reclass to Pegasi to get darting blow then reclass back or go Great Lord

Edited by Shrimp γ

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I guess you've played, or are at least somewhat familiar with Terraria, then? The word "stylist" doesn't appear anywhere on the screenshot I posted.

Aye, Terraria is an old favorite of mine. Is this your first time playing?

Okay, just one more fight to unlock Prai's 5* class... I have a feeling I'll become stumped again on finishing a questline...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

21 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I don't know, I just find the characters I've seen there more interesting, possibly because you talked about Zero more recently in this thread. I'm sure I'll like Sky's characters well enough if I play it, but I don't know what to expect at this point.

Sky’s characters >>>>> Zero’s characters. Seriously, Sky has wonderful characters and I didn’t like any of the characters in Zero that much, especially if we compare them to Sky. I guess Lloyd was kind of cool and Rixia actually was too (although that’s more so the premise of her character because it’s very intriguing, she didn’t get a lot of screen time but felt very set-up to go somewhere).

21 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I suppose good pacing is more important than how long it takes to finish. A well-paced game won't feel very long, but a game that isn't paced well could drag on.

The pacing in general is good imo, but a lot of people say the first one is slow paced. I don’t really agree, but I’m in the minority there.

I was feeling very confident after beating the Eye of Cthulu, but it turns out the underground desert is still horrible. C'mon, all I want is amber for stained glass to put in my pyramid. It won't even look good, my building skills are subpar at best, but damnit I have an idea and I want to see it fulfilled.

Also, I engaged in the activity of fishing. Caught a bunch of fish and a few low tier crates. Not bad fishing session. Please leave your Three Houses fishing memes below:

7f4eb950-5fa4-4960-9b67-038d4fc67b95_1.f372e36eea5d2bf6fa9639045c04dd93.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

When i use her I usually reclass to Pegasi to get darting blow then reclass back or go Great Lord

All right, then.

24 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Aye, Terraria is an old favorite of mine. Is this your first time playing?

It's my third time. I played it to completion a long time ago, maybe five or six years ago. Four years ago I began another run, but I burned out due to an overly ambitious building project, and that was my last recorded play session on Steam. I recently remembered its existence, and upon seeing that development was finished a while back (and then restarted for a crossover with Don't Starve because the devs are funny like that), I decided to try it out again.

It's pretty great. I'm slowly rediscovering it while getting my ass handed to me by expert mode.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was feeling very confident after beating the Eye of Cthulu, but it turns out the underground desert is still horrible. C'mon, all I want is amber for stained glass to put in my pyramid. It won't even look good, my building skills are subpar at best, but damnit I have an idea and I want to see it fulfilled.

Also, I engaged in the activity of fishing. Caught a bunch of fish and a few low tier crates. Not bad fishing session. Please leave your Three Houses fishing memes below:

7f4eb950-5fa4-4960-9b67-038d4fc67b95_1.f372e36eea5d2bf6fa9639045c04dd93.jpeg

But Ruben there’s this character called Flayn

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But Ruben there’s this character called Flayn

She certainly is a character that exists. There are characters I wish existed more than her. Like Judith. I wish Judith had been playable instead of Flayn. That'd been nice, but we can't let Claude have anything good.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

IIt's my third time. I played it to completion a long time ago, maybe five or six years ago. Four years ago I began another run, but I burned out due to an overly ambitious building project, and that was my last recorded play session on Steam. I recently remembered its existence, and upon seeing that development was finished a while back (and then restarted for a crossover with Don't Starve because the devs are funny like that), I decided to try it out again.

It's pretty great. I'm slowly rediscovering it while getting my ass handed to me by expert mode.

Ahaha, yes, expert mode can be quite the challenge sometimes. Are you playing any sort of class or are you just using whatever you can find?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She certainly is a character that exists. There are characters I wish existed more than her. Like Judith. I wish Judith had been playable instead of Flayn. That'd been nice, but we can't let Claude have anything good.

But Ruben, Claude already has best girls: Hilda, Lysithea, Marianne, and the other one.

Edited by Sooks

7 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Actually, that was beaten by a danged LOUD HOUSE fanfic of all things. It's about some self-insert and updates incredibly quickly. Also, Subspace Emissary's World Conquest isn't even going to be the longest Smash Bros fic soon, Smash Life has been updating weekly and is soon to surpass it.

Fanfic writers are too powerful.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This is so awesome! I can assign any battle theme to any character or mech I want. I can give Masaki Dark Prison for a touch of irony, or the Huckebein 009 Vanishing Trooper, or do the unexpected and make enemies tremble in fear of Ryoto by giving him The Valsion. I can't believe I didn't discover this sooner, although I'm probably not going to use it very much. I'm thinking of giving Latune Cherry Blossom Phantasm later in OG2 though, when I get to that.

Change BGM is always a based feature.

3 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

I love how everytime i say imma go play some kinda FE i end up playing Fates instead

Is this what happened to PxZ2?

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Fun fact about Revelation: Soleil can actually be really good instead of the most meh unit in the game!

Fun fact about Sooks: he played an alternate version of Fates because that's the explanation for him having a meh Soleil.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ladies and gentlemen.

I am in Hell.

Punishment for dropping CrossCode and Metroid Fusion.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I suppose this means that anyone can rerelease the original novelization however. Maybe Warner Bros. owning the original King Kong gives them some leeway with using him in other movies?

It's also possible that WB is going on some loophole here. After all, MonsterVerse Kong is never referred to as King Kong, due to rights issues. Stuff like Skull Island (the location) isn't really copyrighted because that's just a vague name.

Now i'm sure there was legal internal debate between the two companies and all but the likely explanation might just come down to "WB is in the clear as long as they don't put "King" in Kong's name.

Wow, Horace seems like he’d actually be a pretty interesting character if this wasn’t a game where every character had 0-2 lines. And he also seems good, I might use him. He would have been a wonderful paladin, but he didn’t get that class set.

Are ballisticians any good in this game? Jake seems… interesting.

32 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ahaha, yes, expert mode can be quite the challenge sometimes. Are you playing any sort of class or are you just using whatever you can find?

I'm not far enough yet that I can safely choose a type of weaponry to stick with, but a bow and jester arrows get the job done for now.

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But Ruben, Claude already has best girls: Hilda, Lysithea, Marianne, and the other one.

What other one? Raphael is a man.

22 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

0FvBCAr.png

That's one helluva strong Nyx

still blind, tho

xgej4K1.png

The lengths to which they had to go for her to reach Shura's level.

Honestly, I can't say I agree with the patch's approach here. Shura is obscenely overpowered at this point, and Nyx has been brought to nearly the same level. Ideally, I would've nerfed Shura and buffed Nyx up to a middle point. Heck, just giving Shura his Conquest bases instead of Birthright would've been a decent fix.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Punishment for dropping CrossCode and Metroid Fusion.

D'oh! And here I dropped those games with the express purpose to escape Boring Hell...!

Unfortunately, I died and returned to the surface. But I have a path to hell now, which is nice.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wow, Horace seems like he’d actually be a pretty interesting character if this wasn’t a game where every character had 0-2 lines.

Right? The writing in Horace's chapter is fucking amazing for some reason.

Unfortunately, he has the dubious honor of being one of the few characters whi one dirty in New Mystery by comparison to SD. He has basically no character there, it's so sad. It's a good thing he has Shadow Dragon... Which isn't something you can say about a lot of people.

And he also seems good, I might use him. He would have been a wonderful paladin, but he didn’t get that class set.

Go ahead! I've never used him, myself. I'd be interested in knowing how he turns out for you.

Are ballisticians any good in this game? Jake seems… interesting.

Situational. But more importantly, fun and unique.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Situational. But more importantly, fun and unique

It's also like the only time you'll ever get that class (Fates Ballistican is too different) so just go for it Sooks.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Situational. But more importantly, fun and unique.

Aren't they actually really good in SD?

Also, remember when I said I'd be days before playing Hinoka's chapter?

https://c.tenor.com/ksOdKy3PmwEAAAAC/lie-lies.gif

I actually got to the last area, even if I resemebled a turtle, only to panic and fuck up near the end, getting someone killed. True, this was after multiple failed attempts trying to figure out a method of sorting out the initial falcon knights because I kept dying to them.