Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Avatar exists as a vehicle to get a child unit with green hair. Didn't put much effort into the name, it's just Spanish for Emerald and her hair is green, so there you go. Deep character writing.

Iago singing Hellfire now just to really fuck with you.

Watching the Fates opening, I just realized I've played the entire game and I still have no idea why Azura's necklace breaks in the intro. Or why the thing exists in the first place.

Apparently the necklace is what powers her singing up to refresh and calm Corrin.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehhh barely. Eliwood's mom existed for exactly one cutscene. That checks out.

Two, actually. But yeah, not much of an actual presence... but she still exists and appears.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, mothers being dead isn't a requirement. They just need to not exist.

I don't know. Just from the top of my head, Marth's mother was confirmed to have been killed by the Manakete in Altea's castle. Celica's mother died shortly after child birth. Sigurd's mother was confirmed to have died. Celice's mom is obviously dead. So is Leaf's, naturally.
That only leaves Alm. Don't remember if his mother was ever mentioned.

He's the dad that doesn't die and the son with the existing mother. Truly a man ahead of his time.

Holmes' mother is alive and well and so is his beloved dad. Plus, he has like a million siblings. Kinda like Corrin but without the incest.

Edited by BrightBow

Oh God what have I done

I just realized by naming my avatar like that I have created a link between Garon and Frollo.

Best timeline

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Iago singing Hellfire now just to really fuck with you.

I knew you'd realize too. Honestly Iago being madly in love with Corncob and wanting to fuck up their life so he could have them for himself would've been a hilarious and actually unique motivation for all his moustache-twirling evil that would've even served to expedite some more avatar worshipping, I know how IntSys loves that. At least it's better than the motivation he got, which is... Uh, nothing? Garon daddy told me to?

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Apparently the necklace is what powers her singing up to refresh and calm Corrin.

Uhuh. And this was revealed when...?

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Two, actually. But yeah, not much of an actual presence... but she still exists and appears.

Oh right, they visit Pherae at one point and she shows up... I think? I can barely remember.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I don't know. Just from the top of my head, Marth's mother was confirmed to have been killed by the Manakete in Altea's castle. Celica's mother died shortly after child birth. Sigurd's mother was confirmed to have died. Celice's mom is obviously dead. So is Leaf's, naturally.
That only leaves Alm. Don't remember if his mother was ever mentioned.

I don't think so. And yeah, you're right actually.

Holmes' mother is alive and well and so is his beloved dad.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot Holmes! Though to be fair, the state of Holmes's family is a complete mess, so... Ironic that the one guy whose dad is alive is the one who wants him dead, tho.

Plus, he has like a million siblings. Kinda like Corrin but without the incest.

Ahahahahahahaha... Oh dear.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh right, they visit Pherae at one point and she shows up... I think? I can barely remember.

After visiting Athos. He warps them to Pherae since they were to travel to Bern next.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Avatar exists as a vehicle to get a child unit with green hair. Didn't put much effort into the name, it's just Spanish for Emerald and her hair is green, so there you go. Deep character writing.

Emeralds are my favorite type of gemstones so I approve of this choice.

I'm probably going to jump into Fates as well after I wrap up my Awakening playthrough.

This run of Conquest will mark a historic event in the Saint Rubenio Cinematic Universe: I will not use Elise. This has totally never happened before.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

After visiting Athos. He warps them to Pherae since they were to travel to Bern next.

Right, yeah. I think I remember.

Kinda wish she'd joined, to be honest. It would've been an interesting change of pace for the protagonist's mom to join.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Emeralds are my favorite type of gemstones so I approve of this choice.

Good to have your endorsement!

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm probably going to jump into Fates as well after I wrap up my Awakening playthrough.

Do it. It's an excellent game. Conquest especially, though I find the other two campaigns to be good too.

Kinda wish she'd joined, to be honest. It would've been an interesting change of pace for the protagonist's mom to join.

Just any parent joining instead of dying, really.

I'm reminded of a current critique now. If Eleanora leaves... who is in charge of Pherae?

oBuavMp.png

lol

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do it. It's an excellent game. Conquest especially, though I find the other two campaigns to be good too.

Yeah

Honestly unless the last stretch of Rev is like, REALLY bad, it's better than like half of FE. Mainly thanks to Fates mechanics tho more than anything tho

Edited by Shrimp γ

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uhuh. And this was revealed when...?

I am not recalling when at this second, shows you how impactful it is.

I think at least some of it was around Chapter 5, with her vaugely saying she uses power from the amulet in certainly BR... which she also tries to avoid mentioning too much of which will evaporate her. Chapter 5 also apparently includes her conjuring the dragonstone Corrin uses..... What.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

This run of Conquest will mark a historic event in the Saint Rubenio Cinematic Universe: I will not use Elise. This has totally never happened before.

I'm pretty sure that's just the weather segment.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm reminded of a current critique now. If Eleanora leaves... who is in charge of Pherae?

It sounds like me shouting about Douglas leaving the king's side.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Funnily enough, Fates Conquest was my first Fire Emblem, though I never finished it. 

I finished Birthright a few weeks ago though I'm thinking of jumping into that one again since I feel like I didn't max out the potential of my units, I didn't even get any of the children.

I mean this Awakening playthrough has been a real eyeopener for me! This is like my third playthrough yet only now am I actually using second seals and maxing out stats.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just any parent joining instead of dying, really.

Eliwood really should've joined. Like, c'mon. They completely forgot about him after chapter 1.

Also shoutouts to Eliwood having S lances and A swords but being a sword lord in the prequel. It would've been so perfect too, a triangle of lords in full control of the weapon triangle.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I am not recalling when at this second, shows you how impactful it is.

I think at least some of it was around Chapter 5, with her vaugely saying she uses power from the amulet in certainly BR... which she also tries to avoid mentioning too much of which will evaporate her. Chapter 5 also apparently includes her conjuring the dragonstone Corrin uses..... What.

Ah. Right.

...Who cares, it has nothing to do with Garon.

I'm pretty sure that's just the weather segment.

Not even. The sliding text at the bottom of the screen while more important news are being delivered by the anchors.

It sounds like me shouting about Douglas leaving the king's side.

Glory to the king, long may he live! Dougy will walk the distance for his liege.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Funnily enough, Fates Conquest was my first Fire Emblem, though I never finished it. 

Oof.

I finished Birthright a few weeks ago though I'm thinking of jumping into that one again since I feel like I didn't max out the potential of my units, I didn't even get any of the children.

Use Setsuna.

I mean this Awakening playthrough has been a real eyeopener for me! This is like my third playthrough yet only now am I actually using second seals and maxing out stats.

I've only played Awakening once so far. My experience with it was, uh... Interesting. Yes, that's a good word for it.

Fighter lord time.

...Oh God, she wears even less than Charlotte as a fighter-- Why do you gotta be like this, Fates? Why can't you let people dress properly?

You know, like Garon. Garon wears some pretty cool clothes. A full suit of badass black armor and a magnificent cape. Garon truly is the best Fates character.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eliwood really should've joined. Like, c'mon. They completely forgot about him after chapter 1.

Also shoutouts to Eliwood having S lances and A swords but being a sword lord in the prequel. It would've been so perfect too, a triangle of lords in full control of the weapon triangle.

Well, it's like the Eleanora situation. After Hector died, Eliwood became the de facto leader of Lycia. So he holds the fort while Roy and Lilina go waltzing around the continent.

Likely due to Durandal.