Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, we're all talking about Fates again.

But I want to finish Shadow Dragon, I want the satisfying feeling of adding it to the tier list.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

But I want to finish Shadow Dragon, I want the satisfying feeling of adding it to the tier list.

I mean, obviously. I'm not telling you to play Fates, I'm just saying, that's a possible reason.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Which version of Shadow Dragon are you going through?

What do you mean, which version? If you mean fe1 or fe11 I’m playing fe11. On hard 2, if that’s what you mean. It’s my first time playing the game.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

What do you mean, which version? If you mean fe1 or fe11 I’m playing fe11. On hard 2, if that’s what you mean. It’s my first time playing the game.

Aye, that's what I meant. How goes it so far? I've only played the first two chapters of Fe11 so I don't know too much about it.

Yeah, I almost forgot. It's night time, and when it's night time, I for some reason become physically unable to win Fire Emblem maps. Welp, guess I'll have to leave this for tomorrow.

...Kinda forgot Lunatic is hard, not gonna lie.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey, what about me!? I'm not hyping up Fates! 

True enough. You only hype up bad games after all.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Aye, that's what I meant. How goes it so far? I've only played the first two chapters of Fe11 so I don't know too much about it.

It’s been pretty fun when I’m in the mood for it. I played fe1 first and I didn’t realize just how good that game could be with some polish, since this is a very faithful remake. The maps have been pretty solid and the difficulty was pretty tight (the game‘s gotten a little easier, I think that’s just what happens when you have general Sedgar). The game also has some fun units (and that’s just from who I’m using, the cast is big, which I think leaves a lot of replay value) that add to the enjoyment. Those are my thoughts so far, anyway.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

True enough. You only hype up bad games after all.

But... I was just hyping up Berwick Saga...

So... If I am talking about a bad game... What does that say about you? 🎶

Edited by lightcosmo

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But... I was just hyping up Berwick Saga...

Oh. Right.

Yeah, I was joking. Haha, funny joke, huh.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So... If I am talking about a bad game... What does that say about you? 🎶

Don't you dare. You will invite war.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s been pretty fun when I’m in the mood for it. I played fe1 first and I didn’t realize just how good that game could be with some polish, since this is a very faithful remake. The maps have been pretty solid and the difficulty was pretty tight (the game‘s gotten a little easier, I think that’s just what happens when you have general Sedgar). The game also has some fun units (and that’s just from who I’m using, the cast is big, which I think leaves a lot of replay value) that add to the enjoyment. Those are my thoughts so far, anyway.

Glad you're enjoying it! FE12 is even better. I know I keep bringing up Nw Mystery, but... Well, a quick glance under my profile picture should tell you why.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Glad you're enjoying it! FE12 is even better. I know I keep bringing up Nw Mystery, but... Well, a quick glance under my profile picture should tell you why.

I’m afraid for the ambush spawns. That’s my only real thought on the game, but we’ll see when I get there if I was right to be afraid of them ruining the game.

Should I play fe3 before it, anyway?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehh I dunno, there are plenty of class designs in Fates that I like. But I know we don't agree here, so I digress.

I was honestly primarily thinking about Awakening since I don't actually know much about what Fates' designs look like.
Considering what female Corrin looked like by default, I never even humored the idea of picking female. You know it's gonna be a bad if even the player self-insert has to shove her bare ass into the camera for every single attack animation.
Though I did try to find a reclass for promoted Kana that didn't creep me out.
I failed, so she went to the bench.

Edited by BrightBow

Huh, pegasus knight doesn’t promote to Draco knight in this game? Interesting.

Anyway, I finished the ballista map™. I have Jake one level and it was a strength, speed and skill level, which was very surprising (can ballistae even double?). I grinded Caeda a level on the boss, which she proceeded to get no stats from because life is like that and then promoted her to falcoknight.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m afraid for the ambush spawns. That’s my only real thought on the game, but we’ll see when I get there if I was right to be afraid of them ruining the game.

I mean, you're playing Shadow Dragon, which has them too, and you claim to be enjoying it, so...

Should I play fe3 before it, anyway?

Nope.

That's my opinion, anyway. FE3 book 2 has some advantages here and there at the cost of an absolutely terrible interface and clunky game feel. Slightly better than FE1, still a game that has aged pretty badly. Way worse than DSFE's buttery smooth experience. And the supports from 12 are absent, so everyone has the same amount of personality they do in FE1. Also, the portrait art is garbage. Also also, while the massive cast from 12 is a bit of a contentious issue (people say it's too much), I personally believe it's cool and 3 lacking most of those folks is not cool.

I'd say just go straight to 12, personally. But that's just me, the game has plenty of fans and I welcome you to listen to a second opinion on this.

18 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I was honestly primarily thinking about Awakening since I don't actually know much about what Fates' designs look like.
Considering what female Corrin looked like by default, I never even humored the idea of picking female. You know it's gonna be a bad if even the player self-insert has to shove her bare ass into the camera for every single attack animation.
Though I did try to find a reclass for promoted Kana that didn't creep me out.
I failed, so she went to the bench.

Like Shrimpy said, there's mercenary. It's unbelievable, I know, but it has zero fanservice holes on its outfit.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ruben, i've wanted to dance for a while now. Whats it gonna be? The tango? The Waltz?

It'a gonna be the Cry Me A River And Do Not Defy Me. How's that sound?

Just now, Sooks said:

Huh, pegasus knight doesn’t promote to Draco knight in this game? Interesting.

They do with a master seal. Elysian whips unlock falcoknight. In vanilla they were only available in the Online Shop, but since that cannot be accessed anymore, the full content patch added one to the campaign.

I'm assuming you didn't realize you could promote Caeda with the master seal.

Just now, Sooks said:

Anyway, I finished the ballista map™. I have Jake one level and it was a strength, speed and skill level, which was very surprising (can ballistae even double?).

I don't think so.

Just now, Sooks said:

I grinded Caeda a level on the boss, which she proceeded to get no stats from because life is like that and then promoted her to falcoknight.

Falco is actually worse for Caeda. Draco fixes her bulk and strength issues. She has zero need for swords and more speed. Oh well.

Unless I fudged the test -entirely possible being me- it looks like what I've been experiencing for the past few days is indeed Covid-19. 

Seems like the entire household is getting it, as the last member is starting to cough. -Admittedly, we haven't undertaken proper quarantine procedures all the time since the first infection. Nor have I acted like I have the disease even though I didn't know I had it, yet was sick in the past few days.😅

For myself, this has been entirely indistinct from a standard cold for me. Some congestion and a sore throat (best temporarily alleviated via copious amounts of grape juice, my go-to illness beverage), shivering, nothing unusual at all. Relative youth and the vaccine together may have prevented it from being any worse. Although I know the virus will remain in my system for a week or two, it's entirely optimistically possible that my symptoms will be cleared up tomorrow. The throat was gentle today, and it's all in the head and body temperature now.

------

gsdx-20211121162240.png

I think I'll get back to this.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like Shrimpy said, there's mercenary. It's unbelievable, I know, but it has zero fanservice holes on its outfit.

I guess that class was not available to me.

It is actually somewhat disappointing. Like, they gave Kana tights in her default class, as if they actually knew how creepy it would be if the child were dressed like female Corrin. But then the promoted outfit is the same as her's.

Well, at least that way I got to actually act like a parent and keep the child away from having to murder people for the glory of her evil granddad.

Edited by BrightBow

qq1eOQw.png

ELDRITCH SMACKDOWN!

Tfw Rev is actually making me consider training Odin next Conquest run

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

@Saint Rubenio @Armagon @Sooks @Shrimp γ @DodgeDusk

Seeing all this Fates talk reminds me of that linked challenge we were planning a couple months ago.... do we want to try getting that started some time soon?

I would be up for it, however i would like to do BR instead of Rev then considering i am doing Rev atm xD

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unless I fudged the test -entirely possible being me- it looks like what I've been experiencing for the past few days is indeed Covid-19. 

Oof. Well, good to hear it's not being too bad.

11 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

ysKwhd8.png

Fates_Bows.png

Best Pre Echoes non-Berwick Bows

I would argue better than Echoes. Or at least more enjoyable. Sure, big range, but those hitrares are annoying, and unless your name is Leon the archers have pretty bleh stats.

And might actually prefer Fates over those lol

Berwick bows are pretty epic, but it's more the archers than the bows themselves. Imagine Sylvis with a shining bow. Stuff dreams are made of, I tell you.

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I guess that class was not available to me.

You can just make Corrin a merc at the start... Like all the regular classes in the game lol.

It is actually somewhat disappointing. Like, they gave Kana tights in her default class, as if they actually knew how creepy it would be if the child were dressed like female Corrin. But then the promoted outfit is the same as her's.

Well, at least that way I got to actually act like a parent and keep the child away from having to murder people for the glory of her evil granddad.

I won't argue here. I hate Kana and their design too.

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

@Saint Rubenio @Armagon @Sooks @Shrimp γ @DodgeDusk

Seeing all this Fates talk reminds me of that linked challenge we were planning a couple months ago.... do we want to try getting that started some time soon?

It'a been brought up but the problem with so many people is that there's always someone who is busy or doesn't feel like playing Fates.

3 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

qq1eOQw.png

ELDRITCH SMACKDOWN!

Tfw Rev is actually making me consider training Odin next Conquest run

Good luck. The man needs it to work.

I would be up for it, however i would like to do BR instead of Rev then considering i am doing Rev atm xD

I can trade. Birthright is my least favorite Fates, after all.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I would argue better than Echoes. Or at least more enjoyable. Sure, big range, but those hitrares are annoying, and unless your name is Leon the archers have pretty bleh stats

Yeah i agree. Huge range ain't everything, and how Bows interact with everything gameplay wise in Fates is just 10/10 design.

I really wanna see the Conquest gameplay crew and Kaga design a game together sometime. It will be the biggest galaxy brain game ever i tell ya kek.

Imagine Sylvis with a shining bow. Stuff dreams are made of, I tell you

I mean, you can give her the Magic Arrows or Esteban's Bow. That's what i did Ü

Full Magic Hight Mt bow in Berwick would be amazing however yes.

I can trade. Birthright is my least favorite Fates, after all.

Yeah from what i played so far i agree. Rev might have some boring maps, but didn't make me go zzz like early BR did.

And the gimmicks ain't that bad so far. Nothing annoyed me so far as much as a regular desert FE lvl even. Although 8 chapters still to go, so....

Rev biggest problem (so far) is honestly the cast balance forcing you to grind to use who you want. Since i have a patch that fixes that i am using a rare combination and some units i rarely/never use tbh, which is fun in it's own way

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

lemme just say that absurdly goofy weapon name does Odin proud! 👍

And he even gets extra crit from it thanks to his personal!

Edited by Shrimp γ